CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
CAG WINTER SALE BINGO

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

INMATEofARKHAM has submitted a winning card with the last entry being from Dec 23rd 2am. Everyone needs to check their cards to see if their card #1 is a winner based on start of sale to the Dec 23rd 2am sales. If no one else submits a winning card by Dec 25th at 1:59am then INMATEofARKHAM will be the sole winner of round #1.

Round #2 begins with the Dec 23rd 10am deals. Please switch to your second card and check for games from that date/time on. Please disregard the previous announcement of combining cards #1 & #2. 

If one of the group's officer's can post this announcement I'd appreciate it, I don't wanna type all that out on my phone :\

BINGO Commissioner Trav

Don't get me wrong: I like short games. I just don't like spending $8 for them. I'll wait for a significant sale or a bundle then.
This. A four-hour game is actually ideal, just needs a better discount. I'll hold out for 50% or a super deal from Amazon Tony.

Thanks for the heads-up, golden calf.

On't-ay et-lay Ony-tay o-knay but Arksider-Day 2-ay has $0.20 DLC on-ay Mazon-Aay.

Will yield a $5 EC coupon.  Possibly a glitch since I only see two of them with that price but you can buy multiple copies.

I wish I would have gotten Spectromancer and the DLC from the Amazon sale before the codes disappeared. Grrrrrrrr....
I thought it seemed like a crazy good deal. I bought the bundle for Gathering the Power and gave the Spectromancer key to someone else. It's a great game. MTG fans can easily appreciate.

I might be behind the times (On the "vacay," not haunting steam daily), but GMG has DmC for $10 after 20% off coupon.  Don't have my smarty pants steam app on this PC to tell you if that's the lowest price, but 80% off that game is the most I have ever seen.  I grabbed it.

Uh oh, Xanchui is on the case.  'dis gunna be all over Slick Deals.  Amazon will sell about 10,000 Mortis shields today.

Bought Remember Me for $9 ($10 - $1 worth of crap trade-in) from GMG so thanks for whoever gave that tip.  Was thinking I'd wait and see if it hit a sale + Editor's Choice on Amazon but noticed they don't even sell the digital version.

Same question. Especially Rouge Legacy.

Also does search suck now?
Rogue Legacy is fun. It's fun because while you play through the randomly generated dungeon every time. The further you progress, the more money you get to permanently upgrade your character so you can progress further. It's also quite addicting because you will be saying one more time three hours from your last one more time, lol.

Just got back from a cruise so I've missed all the Steam sale to this point. I think we've also gain 100 pages since I left. The good news is I missed almost no games/discounts I wanted except the Total War games, but they always come around.

CAG WINTER SALE BINGO

INMATEofARKHAM has submitted a winning card with the last entry being from Dec 23rd 2am. Everyone needs to check their cards to see if their card #1 is a winner based on start of sale to the Dec 23rd 2am sales. If no one else submits a winning card by Dec 25th at 1:59am then INMATEofARKHAM will be the sole winner of round #1.

Round #2 begins with the Dec 23rd 10am deals. Please switch to your second card and check for games from that date/time on. Please disregard the previous announcement of combining cards #1 & #2.

If one of the group's officer's can post this announcement I'd appreciate it, I don't wanna type all that out on my phone :\

BINGO Commissioner Trav
Darn it all, just as I had finished marking my second card with past sales :headache:

Well scratch me having any chance of winning this one, get back to me when we are on card 3.

How are Rogue Legacy and Anti Chamber? Debating on getting those or waiting for a bundle.
Rogue Legacy is a fun, if slightly repetitive platformer that has a really addicting upgrade system wrapped around a roguelike game design. Levels are randomly generated and you will die a lot, but unlike something like say Binding of Issac you don't completely lose all progress when you die, instead you use whatever gold you have collected to level up your next heir and buy better weapons/armor/spells. Each of your descendants has a set of traits which add another layer to the game, from novelties like gastric gas, to more affecting ones like getting extra coins from broken objects or being able to use more than one spell. If you like the idea of a random platformer with a hefty challenge but a great sense of satisfaction I'd definitely pick it up. It doesn't do everything it could with the concept of traits and as I said gets a bit repetitive, but it is still a lot of fun and a great pick up and play game whether for 10 or 60 minutes.

Antichamber is a game that is designed to screw with you. It's mind boggling and immensely clever in how it goes about it, existing outside the normal laws of matter and logic while still making sense in the context of the world it creates. It has a slightly Portal feel to it with how you go through the game clearing different chambers (ala test chambers), but the non-linear structure of them gives it a completely different flow. You will probably need a guide to finish it, but if you are a fan of logic puzzles and abstract art you will probably find a lot to like here.

Thanks to Djbooba for Savant: Ascent!!

Also, Braid for $2. Yay or nay?
Buy it, it's a really clever and beautiful game that is worth $2 without a doubt! I'm not sure if it will be bundled again after so long, but I guess anything is possible. But it's only $2, so not much to lose either way.

CAG WINTER SALE BINGO

BINGO Commissioner Trav
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oFRTr3cecE

I'm going to make it rain Bad Rats up in this house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are Rogue Legacy and Anti Chamber? Debating on getting those or waiting for a bundle.
Some random non-CAG gifted Antichamber to me last night. It's bizarre, confusing, frustrating, and awesome. My first hour with it last night was spent inadvertently solving some puzzles while trying to figure out other ones. Seriously, this "game" is maddening. I like it so far.

That being said, it has the double onus of being both bundle fodder AND 2deep4mooby.

Some random non-CAG gifted Antichamber to me last night. It's bizarre, confusing, frustrating, and awesome. My first hour with it last night was spent inadvertently solving some puzzles while trying to figure out other ones. Seriously, this "game" is maddening. I like it so far.

That being said, it has the double onus of being both bundle fodder AND 2deep4mooby.
I haven't played it much yet, but my partner, who LOVES puzzle games and tends to be brilliant at them compared to me, thew Antichamber on the ground and stomped on it in disgust. :whistle2:#

I kid you not... When that DLC first came out I sold my copy on eBay for 45 bucks...

Edit: Opps, I lied. $ 54.99
So, first you go and win bingo before we can get use of our second card and now you're rubbing in our faces that you're some capitalist pig. So, let me just say...

Happy Holiday's

fuck YOU!

I haven't played it much yet, but my partner, who LOVES puzzle games and tends to be brilliant at them compared to me, thew Antichamber on the ground and stomped on it in disgust. :whistle2:#
Felt the same way with the left/right choice you get early on. 15 minutes of walking in circles before I gave up and accidentally stumbled into the rest of the game.

Personally, I like playing a frustrating game that isn't a platformer hell.

I don't know if I'd expect Antichamber to be bundle fodder. They were REALLY slow to discount it, and it did really well. If it does end up in I'd wager a Humble.

Yesterday's? Well now I feel a bit better (not really) since I at least have a few squares...
I cant help but feel like I need a PR/Marketing type person in this BINGO effort. I work behind the scenes and they can translate my communications to something more people understand. I swear it all makes sense in my head. Are my posts like tebow's and you all just humor me?

I cant help but feel like I need a PR/Marketing type person in this BINGO effort. I work behind the scenes and they can translate my communications to something more people understand. I swear it all makes sense in my head. Are my posts like tebow's and you all just humor me?
No, I'm just really thick and need everything repeated to me multiple times before I comprehend it.

Fuckthis.gif

Braid? :(

I voted for Braid, I thought it was cool for people who haven't play it to try it :)

I've voted for other games with same mentality, I don't know why so much bitching about voting, I know there are some options just plain stupid (like TWD winning -.-) but most CAGS have like 12341541 games, so obviously it's hard to please everyone with voting.

I voted for Braid, I thought it was cool for people who haven't play it to try it :)

I've voted for other games with same mentality, I don't know why so much bitching about voting, I know there are some options just plain stupid (like TWD winning -.-) but most CAGS have like 12341541 games, so obviously it's hard to please everyone with voting.
Well, because of my 12341540 (I don't have as many games as some others here) and the lack of sales that I want, I have nothing else to do but bitch about the community vote choices/winners. (Actually, I do have other things to bitch about, so I try to rotate my bitching so everything gets its fair share.)

Edit: And I voted for Braid.

Couldn't the same mentality be applied to TWD though? What if other people voted for it because they thought it was cool and wanted people who haven't played it to try it?

I've been in total lurk mode for the past few days because of LIFE and holidays. Other than Trine 2 and it's bundles that I totally bought, has there been any other fantastic deals that y'all wouldn't pass up on? Last thing I went for was Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 5 dollars.

I will keep complaining until Super House of Dead Ninjas goes on sale!

You guys that didn't vote for it: I hope you get kill my a zombie ninja in fit of irony :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back