CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down and got Braid, and now feel kinda stupid for doing so with my current backlog :(

Now watch me buy Tomb Raider for $5.
The key is to embrace the lack of impulse control and forego any post-purchase regret. It also helps calling it a library, not a backlog.

Also, having a much worse vice helps distract from seemingly minor 'bad' purchases. May I suggest severe OCD, drug/alcohol addiction, fear of using the word 'the'...

Voting for Braid isn't that big of a deal. All 3 games had been heavily bundled and discounted, but most of Braid's stuff was earlier on. Probably the best choice really.

The key is to embrace the lack of impulse control and forego any post-purchase regret. It also helps calling it a library, not a backlog.
Call it a "Vault" which will make your copy of Velvet Assassin sound like something rare to be treasured and protected rather than bundle crap.

"Your collection sounds nice and all but I have over 500 games in the vault."

I'm confused about bingo.  We're just using the second card now.  But are we using all the deals from the beginning, or just since yesterday?

And although it pains me to say it...congrats to InmateofArkham...you son of a bitch.

I voted for Braid, I thought it was cool for people who haven't play it to try it :)

I've voted for other games with same mentality, I don't know why so much bitching about voting, I know there are some options just plain stupid (like TWD winning -.-) but most CAGS have like 12341541 games, so obviously it's hard to please everyone with voting.

Oh, if you think there was bitching before, wait for the 8 hour bitchfest I'm about to go on when Doorways loses.

Call it a "Vault" which will make your copy of Velvet Assassin sound like something rare to be treasured and protected rather than bundle crap.

<like>

I like the sound of The Vault. Now I need a bank vault door skin for the Steam client to complete the charade.

For Posterity: Community Voting Results

Utterly predictable...

23% - MirrorMoon EP @ 50%

33% - Doorways: Ch1 & Ch2 @ 85%

44% - Gnomoria @ 75% (and previously bundled)

I have a hard time believing DayZ is still the top seller after so many days. Either nobody is buying anything, or the list is rigged.

The game I wanted least to win, won.

That sounds about right.
This is why you have to learn to [customspoiler='not pick favorites']
HUCvwhk.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I have a hard time believing DayZ is still the top seller after so many days. Either nobody is buying anything, or the list is rigged.
Zombies rule. Seriously though, they made ARMA II a top seller at a shitty discount two christmases ago so this is not suprising.

CAG WINTER SALE BINGO

Round #2 begins with the Dec 23rd 10am deals. Please switch to your second card and check for games from that date/time on. Please disregard the previous announcement of combining cards #1 & #2.
Probably should have linked the KaOTiK's 2013 Steam Holiday Sale history.

Same question. Especially Rouge Legacy.

Also does search suck now?
Gotta search for the right thing.... ;) Rouge = makeup for the cheeks. Rogue = stabs you in the back.

I voted for Braid, I thought it was cool for people who haven't play it to try it :)
This is why we can't have nice things...

Also, having a much worse vice helps distract from seemingly minor 'bad' purchases. May I suggest severe OCD, drug/alcohol addiction, fear of using the word 'the'...
/LIKE

This!!!

Also there's a big attitude difference... Backlog is something you have to work through. Libraries, the bigger the better, the more to choose from to satisfy your immediate whims.

/like

...but maybe sounds too Disney-EVIL.

This is why you have to learn to [customspoiler="not pick favorites"]
HUCvwhk.jpg
[/customspoiler]
/like

Last edited by a moderator:
In before "This is the worst day of sales ever, these are all the prices they were from the start!  EDIT: Oh, NOW the prices change, well, it's Steam's fault I posted without actually clicking."

Every time I see RPG Maker on sale, I look over the DLC resource packs, and then I remember that DeviantArt and developer forums are a much better source for assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back