CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Coulda bought it, but didn't...

...just to piss off MysterD.
:rofl: /LIKE

Looks to be back up to 66%. This is what I'll be considering today.
Don't. It was cheaper on GMG yesterday, ~$17-18 after coupon (for the classic edition)

Also all reviews (paid & people-in-forums) say it's fundamentally F1 2012 with a little more graphical polish and the Classic stuff. Being an annual release thing, it I'll be discounted more, in 9-12 months. I think I've got enough sim-racers atm to keep me on the track and outta jail. ;)

Don't. It was cheaper on GMG yesterday, ~$17-18 after coupon (for the classic edition)

Also all reviews (paid & people-in-forums) say it's fundamentally F1 2012 with a little more graphical polish and the Classic stuff. Being an annual release thing, it I'll be discounted more, in 9-12 months. I think I've got enough sim-racers atm to keep me on the track and outta jail. ;)
Thanks for that! I just did a check of the discount sites and found nothing. That would explain why. I'll put it on the wishlist for now.

Also, thanks for not going to jail. You're needed here.

whyu didnt buy for me making mysterd feel hate i llike glitchs salle i buy it no matter i like it or not cause it wil nevr happen
Sorry tebow. Sometimes my desire to make others feel miserable takes precedence. I'll think of the children next time.

F1 Race Stars is also on sale for 66% off, down to $6.79
Nice catch...

Recalling from looking at this last year (was $10 then)... it's a cart racer that falls short of having being a good cart racer. The only reason I could imagine buying this is (1) it gets nicely cheap. Or (2) one has played the fuck out of Sonic Transformed and needs more cart racing action (though, I'm not sure if it would satisy in that case).

Thanks for that! I just did a check of the discount sites and found nothing. That would explain why. I'll put it on the wishlist for now.

Also, thanks for not going to jail. You're needed here.
^_^ Thanks

Just trying to fulfill my Mom's wishes for me... staying outta jail. ;) Aim high, skitty, aim high.

Nice catch...

Recalling from looking at this last year (was $10 then)... it's a cart racer that falls short of having being a good cart racer. The only reason I could imagine buying this is (1) it gets nicely cheap. Or (2) one has played the fuck out of Sonic Transformed and needs more cart racing action (though, I'm not sure if it would satisy in that case).
lame it was cheaper last autumn for 4.99 u might as well buy on gamergate for 4.99 and find oops discount it be 4bucks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-F1RS/f1-race-stars

crappy deal on FTL, im 100% sure steam has had it on sale for $2.50 before. still haven't bought a single game, these steam sales get worse and worse with each sale. at least we got amazon(although I haven't bought anything from them either this sale. at least i save money though)

Slightly off topic, but anyone else experience much higher dupe rates on cards since yesterday? I just got the same card 3 times in a row for Psychonauts and the game has 9 total. I swear Valve tweak something on their end. :???:
I experience this every time I idle for cards. Very frustrating.

Edited: If anyone else bought Rise of Venice but didn't really want it I can send you Paypal or Amazon. I will be heading out in about an hour or so but could pay you later tonight if that's ok.

The key is to embrace the lack of impulse control and forego any post-purchase regret. It also helps calling it a library, not a backlog.

Also, having a much worse vice helps distract from seemingly minor 'bad' purchases. May I suggest severe OCD, drug/alcohol addiction, fear of using the word 'the'...
Ooooo... I like using "Library"!

I also have thought about much worse addictions I could have.

I do want Teleglitch but the rest of that stuff is crap.  In before Teleglitch hate… better than Long Live the Queen, yo.  Yeah, I said it.  Come at me!

The latest Humble Bundle has added Bad Hotel, Solar 2, and The Bard's Tale to the BTA tier.

Bad Hotel was buggy when last I played it, but supposedly it's been updated since. Some levels were impossible to finish as the AI kept sending birds en masse destroying your oddly shaped Hotels. That killed any enjoyment I initially had. It's not a great game by any means, it has some bizarre charm, however I was underwhelmed overall. But hey! It has Steam cards!

Capture.png
I clicked on this hoping it would actually let me vote.

Left the thread for half an hour at this time of day and when I come back it has only advanced one page? Biggest proof that this sale sucks.
This! /like

Woot just voted and got my second foil card. It's amazing how much money I have made just for voting.
So, you're opening admitting that you got paid to vote?

Constable!

That sucks for us early supporters. Or suckers apparently.
You went first as willing sacrifice, take pride in that. :)

I clicked on this hoping it would actually let me vote.
^_^

My ex-wife had a valley with a lot of wind.

Just sayin'.
Maybe something to do with her diet Hippie Cabbage... ;)

Another day, another load of crap deals.
With what I've bought so far (ESJ DLC and the YDKJ Classic pack), this definitely is shaping up as the worst Steam sale that I can remember.

FYI I just read about a glitch introduced in State of Decay around Dec. 15th that causes you to no longer receive new missions after a certain point, it still hasn't been fixed and I think that's gonna keep me from buying the game this time.

{Bah, double post}

{Working on material to place here}

EDIT:

{thinking about adding material as Pay-DLC} ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back