CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thing... any reason not to vote for Spelunky?

Edit:

Capture.png

If I buy Anno 2070 plus the Complete DLC Pack for $11.23 total, is it the same as Anno 2070 complete edition for $12.49?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the post up there ^^^

Voted for Spelunky looks fun.
It is, if your rage-o-meter is hard to move. Its hard and unforgiving, yolo style. But if your patient with those types of games then it can be rewarding.

Also Bastion is one of my favorite games on xbox live arcade, can't recommend it enough.

$2 for hotline miami, guess I should get it.

It is, if your rage-o-meter is hard to move. Its hard and unforgiving, yolo style. But if your patient with those types of games then it can be rewarding.

Also Bastion is one of my favorite games on xbox live arcade, can't recommend it enough.

$2 for hotline miami, guess I should get it.
Yes, you should. Hotline Miami is my favorite indie game. A lot of trial and error, but it's not frustrating.

Good Lord, Steam - what the Hell...!?!

NBA 2K14 was $7.50 on GreenManGaming AND 20% on top of that with GMC promo code for a grand total of $6.00.

And its going for $15 on the Steam Winter sale...!?!?

For those who have PS+, I believe the leaked list of free PS+ games for January has DmC in it. Your move, I personally liked the Xbox 360 demo of it, enough to make me want it.

I think Spelunky's difficulty is overrated. Games like Super Meat Boy make me rage. I usually play games on Normal because I just don't have time for gaming flagellation.

The controls are spot-on (360 wired, here) and the game is always fair. Dying means you were likely just being foolish. You can instantly restart if you die.

I just wouldn't put it in the same category as your typical "hard" game.

If Spelunky is your kinda game then it's like digital crack. It even has a built-in daily challenge just to make sure that you come back each day for a hit.

peoplee can fuck themsleve who ever vote for tower wars is goign fowl space just give me ur steam and i sent to u or email whicheveru choose tho daily deal is good for once
sorry, but my bingo card takes precedence whenever I cast my vote for whatever the choices on the ballot are (be it a douchebag, a turd sandwich, or a blood-drenched tampon popsicle)

Good Lord, Steam - what the Hell...!?!

NBA 2K14 was $7.50 on GreenManGaming AND 20% on top of that with GMC promo code for a grand total of $6.00.

And its going for $15 on the Steam Winter sale...!?!?
The gameplay and mechanics for NBA 2k14 feels better than NBA 2k13 but looks pretty much the same. It will literally look like your playing NBA 2k13. If you have a next gen console then pick it up for that because it has a completely new engine and looks boss.

hmm are these sales getting weaker every year? I just got into steam a year or two ago and the sales were pretty awesome. These last couple have been very underwhelming for me. All i got was deus ex and Deus Ex invisible war, FFVII and Y's Chronicles. And i almost didn't bite on Y's or FFVII

hmm are these sales getting weaker every year? I just got into steam a year or two ago and the sales were pretty awesome. These last couple have been very underwhelming for me. All i got was deus ex and Deus Ex invisible war, FFVII and Y's Chronicles. And i almost didn't bite on Y's or FFVII
66% off Skyrim Legendary told me that the sale indeed sucks. Nothing compared to the Winter sale.

Come on people, the more sales you've seen in the past, the less appealing new sales will seem... Because you already bought all the games you wanted. Now all you have to look forward to is games that have come out since the last sale, which usually don't have high discounts unless it's bundle fodder. 

The gameplay and mechanics for NBA 2k14 feels better than NBA 2k13 but looks pretty much the same. It will literally look like your playing NBA 2k13. If you have a next gen console then pick it up for that because it has a completely new engine and looks boss.
Thanks for the explanation of differences between 2K13 and 2K14. Sounds like the PC release is little more than a roster update.

I actually do own the PS4 version. Love it - one of the true next gen games released at PS4/XB1 launch. I just wanted to have it on PC to game with some buddies - trying to get them into Steam. For newbies, ya gotta meet them at their comfort level and build up from there. ;)

Ha.

The Humble Weekly is all four Penny Arcade Rain-slick games and a PDF.

So much for that never happening...
Man, was about to kick myself for buying 4... and realized it's in the BTA tier. And since 3 was given out free... Nice way to finish the collection.

Come on people, the more sales you've seen in the past, the less appealing new sales will seem... Because you already bought all the games you wanted. Now all you have to look forward to is games that have come out since the last sale, which usually don't have high discounts unless it's bundle fodder.
Incorrect. The discounts, on average, have been getting worse. It's obviously a factor of Steam's popularity. Moreover Steam used to offer their own 5 for $5 indie bundles. Or hell… remember developer packs? Now it's just the generic daily/flash/vote formal with less featured sales because they just cycle the same ones through that three times each.

It's a combination of A) as we buy more games, our list of wants is much narrower and discount requirements much greater and B) yeah, this sale sucks.
lol Well thats a good summary i guess. My list isn't too huge but i can see how that can add up for a lot of people

66% off Skyrim Legendary told me that the sale indeed sucks. Nothing compared to the Winter sale.
thats the thing i could have sworn the one a year or two ago had tons of 80% offf and some 90% off sales... most of these are like 50-60%

Incorrect. The discounts, on average, have been getting worse. It's obviously a factor of Steam's popularity. Moreover Steam used to offer their own 5 for $5 indie bundles. Or hell… remember developer packs? Now it's just the generic daily/flash/vote formal with less featured sales because they just cycle the same ones through that three times each.
Eh, you're right about them cycling daily/cc/flash sales but the discounts haven't been terrible. Yeah, not all games were 75% off, which sucks for us CAGers, but there were many games that had some pretty nice discounts for those new to PC/steam gaming. Also I'm not sure why they did away with developer packs, but who bought those anyway? The only one that I remember being worth it was the THQ pack before they went under... And 5 for $5 indie bundles? On Steam? Must've missed that one.

Yeah, not all games were 75% off, which sucks for us CAGers, but there were many games that had some pretty nice discounts for those new to PC/steam gaming.
I'd actually say it sucks more for the new/casual PC/Steam user as they'll likely be less informed as to how they're paying more than they should be.

The publisher for 1 & 2 is Hothead Games while Penny Arcade Inc published 3 & 4 so chances of a complete set are slim.
Apparently this was more likely to happen than you thought.

What are the odds? Hilarious that they would make this bundle the day after you posted how unlikely it was to ever occur. Not that I would have disagreed with you at the time seeing as your logic was perfectly reasonable.

Eh, you're right about them cycling daily/cc/flash sales but the discounts haven't been terrible. Yeah, not all games were 75% off, which sucks for us CAGers, but there were many games that had some pretty nice discounts for those new to PC/steam gaming. Also I'm not sure why they did away with developer packs, but who bought those anyway? The only one that I remember being worth it was the THQ pack before they went under... And 5 for $5 indie bundles? On Steam? Must've missed that one.
You did miss them. It was probably Christmas 2009 or 2010. As I said, the new format is a sign of their rising popularity.

...pretty nice discounts for those new to PC/steam gaming.
This being the crux of why they changed. It's more 'mainstream' now.

That's always the defense. But if someone spends $100 at Amazon/GMG/GG/Gamefly/etc during a sale and $5 at Steam, it doesn't really stand to reason that the issue is "you own too many games". And, as Mooby points out, Steam has just gotten weak in general with the deals.

That said, I do agree that the last six months has brought out a lot of really great titles for people to get excited about. Some lower priced indie titles but not much in the AAA big-guns realm. Last Fall-Spring had stuff like TR2013, Bioshock Infinite, Metro: LL, Sleeping Dogs, etc. The last six months has had... I dunno, Remember Me? Saints Row IV? I really do think there might be fewer titles in general to get excited over.

You did miss them. It was probably Christmas 2009 or 2010. As I said, the new format is a sign of their rising popularity.

This being the crux of why they changed. It's more 'mainstream' now.
Simply put, the Steam seasonal sales became "an event" so they don't need to try very hard any more. Everyone will show up anyway and assume they must be great deals because it's the Steam Winter/Summer sale.

Sort of like Black Friday.

The percentage off is completely up to the developer/publisher. Valve will ask and make suggestions but the devs/pubs have the ultimate say. So it isn't Valve or Steam that has some shitty discount but rather people like Bethesda and Capcom who are notoriously stingy with their sale prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back