CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
who is this soulless man you're so obsessed with?
What movie/TV show is this? (I honestly don't know.)
One of the worst/best movies I've ever seen: Drop Dead Fred

To be honest I decided to change my avatar and when I opened my folder full of the most random pictures I had his face was the first I saw. So I chose that and rolled with it. Still one of the worst movies I've ever seen that I actually liked.

I ran across the movie because I loved the British TV series The Young Ones which Rik Mayall was an actor on. Sadly the TV series was short-lived(I have the entire series on DVD!) and this is one of the things he went on to do later.

Just what everyone needs more of...*anal wake*
29wx3kn.jpg

who was consent?

Still not sheriff I want to get spelunky. I keep hearing great things about it but I feel like I'll never get around to playing it....

Which game should I get? Payday The Heist fo 1.99 or Deus Ex Invisible War for 1.74. I have had experience with Deus Ex on Xbox but none with Payday. Would Payday be fun if I mostly play single player? Should I get it because cards and achievements which Deus Ex lacks?

Which game should I get? Payday The Heist fo 1.99 or Deus Ex Invisible War for 1.74. I have had experience with Deus Ex on Xbox but none with Payday. Would Payday be fun if I mostly play single player? Should I get it because cards and achievements which Deus Ex lacks?
Deus Ex is probably a better single-player experience: Payday isn't anything special when playing alone with bots.

Didn't recognize it as a title of something... he also added that title well after using that as his avatar pic iirc.

^_^ Thanks. And here's your very own, Steam Butt Plug. What a great way to catch those 2AM PST flash sale glitches..

anal-alarm-clock.jpg
So thats how you "Anal Wake"! I get it now. Does it have dual shock?

That Gunslinger + Blood Dragon pack for $8.49 is so tempting... (and Amazon doesn't have steam-blood dragon iirc)
I have my eye on it too. What to do what to do.
Get it for the 80s nostalgia, I got the soundtrack edition back then, the music is amazing.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/M9aF9_mZDyY[/youtube]

notice how asheskitty gets her question answered by like 6 different dudes, but nobody answers my question

this thread is so sexist
That is the comedian Rik Mayall.

8OyNzXQ.gif

Get it for the 80s nostalgia, I got the soundtrack edition back then, the music is amazing.
Too late. I already caved... I was already wanting BD and thread banter sparked my interest in Gunslinger so $4.25 each it... I couldn't pass it up and still respect myself in the morning.

You asked me a while back in the thread to today to point out an example of where Steam still occasionally has better pricing than other places online...

I think you answered your own snarky question ; P
Wasn't intended to be snarky... you made a statement that I was curious about. I even said some qualifier to that effect. When I'm "snarky" I'm much more direct, to-the-point.

This is snarky:

You admitted you couldn't point out an example to backup your own statement. Doing this now is poor sportmanship.

Hmm, still debating about whether to pick up Trials.  This review is kinda scaring me though.

2hclv92.jpg

I rather like my testicles...

Note: Ashes need not apply.

It happens every time, so I just buy any non-cosmetic DLC whenever it hits 75% off or lower - it doesn't affect whether or not I want it. However, it does affect my interest in the cosmetic stuff. I usually have a careful look at the skins before buying, and when they're flip-flopping the DLC prices, I can't be bothered checking if it may be double the price by the time I'm done.

It's Tripwire. They have the final say over the discount.
If I'd not just recently shaken out the cobwebs, I might've remembered the shenannyguns from past sales and just bought. I'll have to remember your strategery next time.

Ya, what you and hal said makes sense, and natch TW has final say, but I guess what I'm getting at it is I'm most pissed at whomever's responsible for the initial 75%. If it's Valve's fuckup not being able to handle different discounts right off the bat, damn them. If it's TW not caring that the glitch pisses off customers on the fence (or otherwise) and makes Valve switch it back, damn Valve and then damn TW. if it's not really a glitch (cuz it happens seemingly every time) and it's a shitty tactic to increase sales, fuck them both sideways even though I love them both too.

There's no point: the Steam version uses Uplay (or Uplay "light") anyway.
I know. That's not the point, I like having games be part of my Steam library and always buy there whenever possible. Until now I haven't double dipped just to get a Steam version of something but there are times I think about it, like right now.

Hmm, still debating about whether to pick up Trials. This review is kinda scaring me though.

2hclv92.jpg

I know it'll end up with me rage quitting, but I ended up picking up Trials along with that ETS2 pack for 4 keys yesterday (~$8.40) :)

That song was so cheesily 80's that I did decide to buy it. Another newly made cheesy 80's song was at the end of one of the recent Transformers games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJK4WzUEiyA

Or becoming a eunuch. ;)
That seems to work for a lot of the characters in Game of Thrones, so maybe it's not all bad...

Edit: Ninja'd by pasports.

Finally caved and bought Hotline Miami + Soundtrack

Meanwhile, got 10+ hours into the DayZ Alpha. It is pretty awesome for an Alpha.

WTF kind of CheapyD BS is this?

svjja0.jpg

And why does it say quota for positive votes?  Is their a dislike button that I'm missing somewhere?  Cause I could probably be using that a lot as well.

One of the worst/best movies I've ever seen: Drop Dead Fred

To be honest I decided to change my avatar and when I opened my folder full of the most random pictures I had his face was the first I saw. So I chose that and rolled with it. Still one of the worst movies I've ever seen that I actually liked.

I ran across the movie because I loved the British TV series The Young Ones which Rik Mayall was an actor on. Sadly the TV series was short-lived(I have the entire series on DVD!) and this is one of the things he went on to do later.
I am watching this RIGHT NOW. It is kind of amazing.

Hmm, still debating about whether to pick up Trials. This review is kinda scaring me though.

2hclv92.jpg

Then you could get on Fox News: "Video Games are making people across the nation mutilate their own genitals. The disturbing new trend tonight at nine."

things like dont starve and brothers tho, i would play on ps3.
Don't Starve is PS4/Vita exclusive, FYI.

Sooo 60 failed transactions and counting.
I have to give you credit for trying so hard, though I would have figured by the 4-5 time you would have given up since clearly something is messed up for your account. Have you tried using the browser store/different browsers? Sometimes I can't do stuff on the client for whatever reason. You might also want to try taking your laptop or something similar to a different IP and see if you can buy from it. I don't know why they would, but perhaps all the failed transactions have triggered something of an IP lock. Just random suggestions anyway, hopefully you can get it to work.

I'd stop trying and having it fail though, that seems certain to mess things up further if Valve gets suspicious.

What movie/TV show is this? (I honestly don't know.)
Google image search is a great friend to have.

notice how asheskitty gets her question answered by like 6 different dudes, but nobody answers my question
Probably on account of that full frontal pic on her profile.

<snip>
At this point I'm convinced this movie was created solely to spawn gifs, which of course means I now want/need to watch it.

WTF kind of CheapyD BS is this?
I'm convinced the CAG overlords are just pit us against each other with this rule. "Oh shoot I'm out of likes, but if I take back that like I gave out earlier..."

The moral of the story is be like Mooby and hate everything.

Day 7 pickups hehe

Demonicon

Spelunky

Sword of The Stars: The Pit Gold

Payday 2

Batman Origins Season Pass

I got everything i wanted and still got 40 bucks left, hehe.

Should Deus Ex say Director's cut on it?  The gift I just activated only says "Deus Ex: Human Revolution".  Should be the same right?  When I click the store page though, it goes back to the main store page and not the game's store page so makes me worried it is some different version.

Should Deus Ex say Director's cut on it? The gift I just activated only says "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". Should be the same right? When I click the store page though, it goes back to the main store page and not the game's store page so makes me worried it is some different version.
Yes, it should say Director's Cut on it if it's the Director's Cut. You got a gift for the old version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back