CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
WTH... I just fired up Origin to discover...

Capture.png

I was going to buy Steam Marines, but I read the game page and it said future Humble/Desura/Indie Game Stand sales will include Steam keys. This a good indication it will show up in a future bundle?
This actually makes me want to buy it more, because the devs are being cool about their Steam keys. Then when I get a Steam key for it from a bundle I can drop it here and harvest those sweet, sweet likes.

WTH... I just fired up Origin to discover...

Capture.png
Must be that 20% off Sims 3 expansions. Hold me back!

I was gifted multiple copies of Don't Starve while I was at work today...Thanks so much! 

If anybody wants my extra copy, lemme kno and I'll send it to you

If I have no idea who you are you probably won't get it tho...I tend to try to give gifts to CAG regs first

edit:its gone mofos

It was free few weeks ago thought. ;) (At Code.Org)
That did require you to spend an hour or so doing their lesson.

I was gifted multiple copies of Don't Starve while I was at work today...Thanks so much!

If anybody wants my extra copy, lemme kno and I'll send it to you

If I have no idea who you are you probably won't get it tho...I tend to try to give gifts to CAG regs first
I'm interested if you have one left. :)

Did anyone post this yet?

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Don't click if you don't want to be disappointed.

Day 11

Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

Day 12

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

Also watch Don't Starve be in the next HIB!
I know that this is the common response to any and every indie game sale on Steam, but in this case I feel that it's quite likely that the glitch putting the game into the hands of so many for so little could actually expedite the process of it landing in a bundle. The game just lost a lot of its potential value from slowly scaling down the price during sales. Thousands of people waiting for 66% and 75% and 80% just gained it for a pittance. Best thing for them to do now is to bundle it while it can still be considered a valuable asset for inclusion.

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

Day 11

Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off

Day 12

Alan Wake 90% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off

They should just put the steam sale out of its misery.

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

Day 11

Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off

Day 12

Alan Wake 90% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
I don't expect good sales on Steam, just good glitches. I'm here for the glitch!

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

Day 11

Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off

Day 12

Alan Wake 90% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
the worst part about this is that nun uh dese are on my bingo card

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

Day 11

Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off

Day 12

Alan Wake 90% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Has M&M VI been any lower than 75% off? Would anyone recommend it at that price?

I have with Risen on Steam which used to use Tages. It absolutely ruined my experience with the game and it completely soured me on the franchise as a whole. Tages has since been removed and I still won't play the game because of how rotten it was trying to avoid the activation limit.

Never again...no Tages, no SecuROM, no activation or download limits ever again for me. If a company wants me to purchase their game then those are my terms. I'm not going to be punished with activation/install/download limits while the pirates are having a limit-free experience with your game. All that shit does is hurt legitimate users.

edit: I'm an edge-case for activation limits. I get that. But I'm talking about a DRM system which allowed for 3 machines and had no revoke tool. Do people really think that that wouldn't be a problem?
There is absolutely NO excuse for Single-Player games to be saddled w/ 3rd party DRM on the Steam-version. This is especially true if they are going to enforce Steamworks' CEG DRM. The less (online) hoops we have to jump through and deal with, the better - and the less problems we will likely have to deal with here.

I wonder whats up with the constant ridiculous 40% on kerbal, especially as a daily when its already at 33%, a whopping extra 7% to a drop that its been at 500x before.  Guess the devs are really trying to milk every last sale out of it before even contemplating a whopping 50%

Maybe by the time its out of early access it'll be ready to hit 75%, then everyone wins

This remains the dumbest reason I've heard not to buy a game. Has anyone on this forum actually run into this in reality? And no, "it would have been a problem last week for me" doesn't count.
About DRM issues for TDU2 - they could happen, if Securom stays intact.

Eden Games is GONE. So, how are they going to support the game?

Some of those guys are w/ UbiSoft now at Ivory Tower, also working on The Crew.

Atari is bankrupt - and who knows how much longer they're gonna be around.

People have run into DRM issues w/ Risen 1 and X3: Terran Conflict using Tages (when that DRM was still active in those), locked-out of a game they just bought b/c of DRM-servers weren't active, functioning properly, or whatever the reason was. Hence why Amazon DVG pulled Risen 1 from being sold for a while, as they had to get Deep Silver pull the DRM so they could sell the game - since a lot of people bought it and were locked-out; and some people that wanted was waiting it for the crummy DRM to be removed.

Day 11+12 sales leaked:

Day 11

Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off

Day 12

Alan Wake 90% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
New Vegas for 66% off? Really Bethesda, wow you suck this sale. Metro: Last Light 66% isn't an improvement...

So I went out to a very early dinner with my roommates and when I get back I decided to look at my Steam profile. It's sitting at 499 games. Four hundred and ninety-nine games. I wonder what game will be #500? Going off those leaked sales it doesn't look like it'll be Deadly Premonition unless that gets a flash sale. Any suggestions for #500?

So I went out to a very early dinner with my roommates and when I get back I decided to look at my Steam profile. It's sitting at 499 games. Four hundred and ninety-nine games. I wonder what game will be #500? Going off those leaked sales it doesn't look like it'll be Deadly Premonition unless that gets a flash sale. Any suggestions for #500?
Steam Marines!

do you have bad rats?

I jusr wanted to say im a mostly a lurker but check CAG for all the best deals. I have been fallowing this thread since the winter steam sale has started and wanted to say it's nice to see fellow CAG gifting codes to other CAGs. It makes me want to fallow suit. Im just not sure exactly how to do it.

Do others just save emails or notifications codes that they havent actived yet or can you pull a game out of your steam library and gift one you have already activated?

Kind of a stupid question I know but i want to less of a lookey lou and more of a participant.

Thanks, SlySmi

Kind of a stupid question I know but i want to less of a lookey lou and more of a participant.
images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_R85z_AFU8vaz_Key_XKYfr6tn0_Ht_TK1u.jpg
the answer to your question isssss to give steam gifts it has to be a game you ever received or bought as a gift and didn't activate. otherwise you can give away things like humble bundle gift links or steam keys.

I jusr wanted to say im a mostly a lurker but check CAG for all the best deals. I have been fallowing this thread since the winter steam sale has started and wanted to say it's nice to see fellow CAG gifting codes to other CAGs. It makes me want to fallow suit. Im just not sure exactly how to do it.

Do others just save emails or notifications codes that they havent actived yet or can you pull a game out of your steam library and gift one you have already activated?

Thanks, SlySmi
Most people have a document or spreadsheet of extra Steam / Desura activation codes they get from buying game bundles (groupees, flying bundle, humble bundles, etc.) Then whenever they are feeling in a giving mood, they can drop some codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back