CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks meh to me at best.
photo-thumb-258661.jpg

i've never seen the breakfast club. was that about a video game forum?
Hmmm - really?

I actually had to watch that movie in college, for a Communications Class.

I absolutely loved that movie - it's really good and really funny.

And, the principal rules.

Most people have a document or spreadsheet of extra Steam / Desura activation codes they get from buying game bundles (groupees, flying bundle, humble bundles, etc.) Then whenever they are feeling in a giving mood, they can drop some codes.
Thank you. I will start keeping tabs on the bundles I get. I usually just activate them before I accidentaly delete or lose the codes.

SlySmi

I jusr wanted to say im a mostly a lurker but check CAG for all the best deals. I have been fallowing this thread since the winter steam sale has started and wanted to say it's nice to see fellow CAG gifting codes to other CAGs. It makes me want to fallow suit. Im just not sure exactly how to do it.

Do others just save emails or notifications codes that they havent actived yet or can you pull a game out of your steam library and gift one you have already activated?

Kind of a stupid question I know but i want to less of a lookey lou and more of a participant.

Thanks, SlySmi

Most people have a document or spreadsheet of extra Steam / Desura activation codes they get from buying game bundles (groupees, flying bundle, humble bundles, etc.) Then whenever they are feeling in a giving mood, they can drop some codes.
It can also be helpful to purchase games as a gift. These gifts will be added to your Steam inventory and you can add them to your library later or choose to send it to someone else via the Steam trading interface, a Steam message, or an email.

Small giveaway: Whoever can guess the name of my dog first (Hint: starts with a W), can have one of the following: Divekick, Contagion, Rise of the Triad, TrackMania Stadium, or Don't Starve.

Edit: Nemo_Hyde guessed it first. Answer was Winston

Someone just begged me for Garry's Mod and Payday 2. Funny enough if they just asked for Garry's Mod nicely, I would have given them a copy.

Small giveaway: Whoever can guess the name of my dog first (Hint: starts with a W), can have one of the following: Divekick, Contagion, Rise of the Triad, TrackMania Stadium, or Don't Starve.
West

Edit: Congrats Nemo!

Funny, I immediately thought of Oliver & Co, then realized that is the butler's name. It's just yelled a lot by the bratty rich poodle. Win-Ston!

Random question:

Do you guys prefer to buy the base game super cheap, and then buy DLC on sale later, or wait even longer for a cheap copy of the GOTY edition?

I say base game, because I barely have time to game let alone play through dlc.

Edit: Same with mods. I don't care about mods.

Only reason I managed to ever play through Skyrim is I tore my acl and didn't work for 3 months.

Ether Vapor Remaster
DXBFK-DMQX5-RN*VG

Take a look at an E in the mirror to find the missing letter
Snagged. Thanks!

Random question:

Do you guys prefer to buy the base game super cheap, and then buy DLC on sale later, or wait even longer for a cheap copy of the GOTY edition?
I prefer to wait for a cheaper GOTY copy that way I can backlog the game + DLC at the same time.

Depends if I think I'll play it at all. If I'll play it, then dlc is not important and I may buy it at regular price but usually hold out, If I don't think I'll play it soon, I'll wait for a full version or everything cheap.

Random question:

If the cost is similar, base game then DLC later. However, since that's hardly ever the case (eg: Bethesda, 2K) I usually prefer waiting for a complete version.

Random question:

It's according to the game and it's age. Fallout 3 I played on console and by the time I came back to PC it had a GOTY edition, so that's an easy choice. Games that I know I'll sink a lot of time into, like Skyrim or Borderlands, I'll get the base game cheap enough and put some time into it and wait for the DLC to come down in price. Though, Bethesda has been making that latter strategy difficult for early adopters. If it's a game I know I won't put a lot of time into then I can afford to wait until a complete version is released. But, to be honest, I'm trying to keep my future DLC purchases to a minimum and to games that have a high replay value.

I've come to realize most DLC is crap.  If a game's been out awhile and has a super cheap 'GOTY" package I'd probably get that; otherwise I'd just get the base game and not worry about the DLC.

Small giveaway: Whoever can guess the name of my dog first (Hint: starts with a W), can have one of the following: Divekick, Contagion, Rise of the Triad, TrackMania Stadium, or Don't Starve.

Edit: Nemo_Hyde guessed it first. Answer was Winston
I thought Harvey Dent said that.

I've got to say the best pick up I've gotten so far this holiday is Risk of Rain, addictive as hell.  Anyone else have some highlights of maybe lesser known games you might have picked up that you cant put down?

Bought Steam Marines.  You can all thank me when it's in the next HIB.  But I can thank you when it's joined by Guacamelee and Spelunky.

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

Capture.png

Edit: I totally didn't break NDA by announcing the pre-determined results a minute early...

Hey guys, I just picked up the Samuel Adams Winter Favorites bundle. It came with two copies of Juniper IPA, but I only want to try one. First person to guess the name of my deceased for one year now cat can have it.

Hint: Named after a character on a miniseries

Don't Starve was 92% off? So I missed another glitch. :whistle2:(

Same here. I saw an AC game on the list, was thinking "yes!"... until I noticed that none of the other ones are on sale. :whistle2:x

They did that with EA games in one of the last two big sales (I can't remember which, though.)
remeber that ea ego aka 75% off is seeling off crap shit thye diss on valve on so it kin of their thingy capcom being a bad bitch need some sppanking by baaaaaaaaaaaaaanddddddddddderrrrrrrrras spaNKY PARTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back