CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed Brothers as I think I'll play that one fairly soon.

I'm debating on Evoland as I hear good and bad things about it.

I will probably get Gunpoint, though I'm not sure I want to buy one of the higher-tier versions. I don't generally care that much for soundtracks, but the commentary has me interested - is it worth it? 

Six of the nine Daily Deals are -75% off...

Three of the four Flash Sales are -75% off...

But I either own them or don't want to buy them.

I've become a picky Steam sale monster.

i want all three, as well
i want them in a bundle

come on humble, break your crappy bundle streak
I know, they're almost as bad as Bundle Stars now...

tumblr_lyp02h0dHZ1r7cbnjo1_400.gif

Everytime I look at Gunpoint, it reminds me of this game. 

[youtube]http://youtu.be/izRhnBuXGnY[/youtube]

Dust is fantastic. [customspoiler="These are the sales"]
The graphics in Dust are really what are making me look hard at it. How is the gameplay?

i want all three, as well

i want them in a bundle

come on humble, break your crappy bundle streak
You know I keep telling myself I think Humble is saving everything up to knock our socks off with HIB X. Makes me nervous with all these indie games I am playing backlogging

The graphics in Dust are really what are making me look hard at it. How is the gameplay?

You know I keep telling myself I think Humble is saving everything up to knock our socks off with HIB X. Makes me nervous with all these indie games I am playing backlogging
yeah. i just know they're gonna have a good bundle soon...and it's not like all these games won't reach these prices again soon enough

It's simple but enjoyable. It's not Shank level twitchy. There's a lot of exploration and light problem solving. The animations (during gameplay) are something... even down the animations/efffect of walking on snow. I strongly suggest watching a little video of gameplay.

Namco is having a sale here, steam keys are provided.

• ENSLAVED - $9.99
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE STORM 3 FULL BURST - $19.97
  • PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION DX+ - $4.99
  • PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION DX+ "ALL YOU CAN EAT" ADD-ON PACK - $3.99
  • PAC-MAN AND THE GHOSTLY ADVENTURES - $19.99

Don't Starve and Giana?

Why do you think they decided to do it after steam sales?

I really didn't like Dust.  Spent most of my time wanting to punch the sidekick, and no amount of fun gameplay can get me to overlook annoying characters.  The combat was great though and it does look really nice.  Might have liked it more had I bought it at this price.

I really didn't like Dust. Spent most of my time wanting to punch the sidekick, and no amount of fun gameplay can get me to overlook annoying characters. The combat was great though and it does look really nice. Might have liked it more had I bought it at this price.
Pretty much this. That character and the character designs are the game's own worst enemies.

I really didn't like Dust. Spent most of my time wanting to punch the sidekick, and no amount of fun gameplay can get me to overlook annoying characters. The combat was great though and it does look really nice. Might have liked it more had I bought it at this price.
Pretty much this. That character and the character designs are the game's own worst enemies.
Thanks, gives me enough excuses to pass on it and save $3.

To clarify, the $3.99 offering is just the DLC. It's weird seeing it written out that way.
Yeah, I had to check that too... If it was complete for $4... I'm be probably checkout out now...

Apparently GS had PuckMan base for $2.50 on 1 Dec... I'm wondering if that one passed me by, or I dismissed it to wait for the complete version.

To clarify, the $3.99 offering is just the DLC. It's weird seeing it written out that way.
Ya that is just the add on pack, which is why I included the price for the base game as well. It would be a price glitch if the All You Can Eat Edition cost lesser than the base game itself.

If only we could have seen what the sale price was going to be when Steam forgot to give it a discount during the Flash Sale. :(

Yeah, I had to check that too... If it was complete for $4... I'm be probably checkout out now...

Apparently GS had PuckMan base for $2.50 on 1 Dec... I'm wondering if that one passed me by, or I dismissed it to wait for the complete version.
I think this is the lowest price for the DLC Pack so far but I am holding out for the complete version for less than $5. I am leaning more towards Enslaved and Naruto Shippuden, the prices are more tempting.

If only we could have seen what the sale price was going to be when Steam forgot to give it a discount during the Flash Sale. :(
My guess would be either 50% or 66% off.

I'm fairly sure 98% of people are voting based off how pretty the logo is. Between that and card collectors, very few people are voting for the best quality deal.
Wasn't there one about a swimming pool? I voted for it just on the insane banality of it all.

Namco is having a sale here, steam keys are provided.

• ENSLAVED - $9.99
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE STORM 3 FULL BURST - $19.97
  • PAC-MAN AND THE GHOSTLY ADVENTURES - $19.99
Waitaminute, wasn't that Ghostly Adventures game being sold on Amazon for $20 -as its normal retail price-?

Tetrobot and Co. is now on sale at Humble Store for $2.99, so those that wanted it earlier from the flash sale, this is a good chance to pick it up.

Waitaminute, wasn't that Ghostly Adventures game being sold on Amazon for $20 -as its normal retail price-?
The normal retail price is $40, $20 was 50% off.

It's beautiful, has excellent controls, and is very very hard, yet not overtly punishing. I hate platformers and usually give up after the second or third level. Stuck with this one up 'til the first boss fight...even gave that part a good 30 minutes of deaths before checking it off the backlog.
I've been wondering about that... the global achievement stats seem to indicate that's a common issue. They added in an easy mode ~6 months ago that, from what I've read should make it really easy. I really don't mean to come off condescending here, but... Hansel & Gretel is a very simple pattern fight, with a sped-up third phase... I think I spent ~30 min on it.. That said, my experience and attitude was greatly shaped in the Nintendo Hard era. The second boss functionally similar (though requiring more precise execution). The final boss mixes it up more... need to get back to beating him... I've been to the third phase multiple times.

I really like Giana for being challenging but fair. The unlimited lives and abundant checkpoints mean I don't need to crossing the same screens countless times. This is not a masochistic game like SMB. It is an updated take on old school platformers with modern niceties (abundant checkpoints, unlimited lives).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back