CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Complain? No.

But you'd basically be screwed over by an asshole with a bot who'll take your foil and relist it at a high price. It's not worth the complaints.
Let's say I have one valued at a dollar. Would putting the card up at a penny crash the market for that card? Not saying I'm gonna do it just saying that it might be a little bit funny if that were the case. Maybe a whole buncha people join in.
What the fox said. You're certainly not going to crash the market, you're just crashing your own wallet.

has anyone tried out Extreme Gas Guzzlers yet?

either I'm THE worst racing gamer ever, or this game is hard as fuck!

i was coming in last EVERY round on hard mode for the first 2 races ( i kept retrying).

I dropped it down to Medium difficulty, and was about to finish at 2nd place and then i get rammed to fucking hell...last place.

I feel like I'm supposed to be grinding up upgrades for my piece of trash car because the car is WAY too weak.

If i try to ram a car, my car is the one that gets thrown off course. If another car rams me, I go spinning back into the Steam Autumn Sale.

uhm...seems fun though
Try to use the nitro when hitting other cars seems to do more damage to them and helps stabilize your car.

Upgrading the armor is the first thing to do on the cars.

The spinning out gets worse with the higher end cars try to avoid car to car contact.

The game plays like flatout ultimate carnage with guns so hitting anything that's not solid gains nitro.

So aim for the bunnies.

I know I'm not gonna do it. You know what's funny is that there are people trying to sell snow globe cards for $400.

i was coming in last EVERY round on hard mode for the first 2 races ( i kept retrying).

I dropped it down to Medium difficulty, and was about to finish at 2nd place and then i get rammed to fucking hell...last place.

I feel like I'm supposed to be grinding up upgrades for my piece of trash car because the car is WAY too weak.

If i try to ram a car, my car is the one that gets thrown off course. If another car rams me, I go spinning back into the Steam Autumn Sale.

uhm...seems fun though
preeeetty bad game, and the devs are assholes

Jeez, all this Steam credit I stocked up on at Best Buy in the past couple of days and I keep buying games from other websites. Just bit on Sine Mora on GamersGate for $1.99.

spoderman said:
y u not buy it in the hb weekly
Missed it. : /

I'm still more or less new to Steam and really only bought a couple things here and there over the years. I've bought a few bundles for key games I wanted but otherwise have missed out on a lot. Going forward I'll probably just buy any bundle I have the slightest bit of interest in so I don't kick myself later.

Try to use the nitro when hitting other cars seems to do more damage to them and helps stabilize your car.

Upgrading the armor is the first thing to do on the cars.

The spinning out gets worse with the higher end cars try to avoid car to car contact.

The game plays like flatout ultimate carnage with guns so hitting anything that's not solid gains nitro.

So aim for the bunnies.
ahh, its gonna take getting used to that. I'm naturally inclined to want to ram cars because of the Burnout series.

about the nitro, it would be nice if the nitro bar stood out more. Again, I'm more used to Burnout's raging nitro meter.

i wasted my upgrade money on the engine.

ill give it a few more hours of play when i get a chance. If I hate it even more, Ill just try out Test Drive Unlimited 2.

I seem to be able to use the client just fine? Why t3h hate?

It's a lot slower than the site, no tabs, etc. Not very efficient for finding dem glitches!

I certainly think it's odd: I couldn't live comfortably without tabs, Snaplinks, and back + forwards buttons that actually work as expected. That and the pages always seem to load quicker in a browser.

Not hatin', but the client doesn't give you this kind of info:

n5hu75.jpg
What they said.

I wonder how hard people will complain at me if I put up a foil card for sale at a penny. Just for ***** and giggles. By the way what's this I hear about people being barred from the market?

Complain? No.

But you'd basically be screwed over by an asshole with a bot who'll take your foil and relist it at a high price. It's not worth the complaints.

Let's say I have one valued at a dollar. Would putting the card up at a penny crash the market for that card? Not saying I'm gonna do it just saying that it might be a little bit funny if that were the case. Maybe a whole buncha people join in.

Unfortunately, the bots snatch those up before any market crash can happen. Best bet is to put slightly under the lowest price over and over again to bait others to match or beat your price. That'll drop the price in about a day.

If i hear the words rouge-like platformer or crafting, im gonna hurt someone.
So are you averse to pinkish or maroon platformers?

Also, anyone play Crea? It's on sale at the humble store and it's like minecraft or terraria with survival and crafting and so forth. Is it fun?

What they said.

Unfortunately, the bots snatch those up before any market crash can happen. Best bet is to put slightly under the lowest price over and over again to bait others to match or beat your price. That'll drop the price in about a day.

So are you averse to pinkish or maroon platformers?

Also, anyone play Crea? It's on sale at the humble store and it's like minecraft or terraria with survival and crafting and so forth. Is it fun?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

So I've been playing Long Live the Queen, which I went back and forth about picking up, but am very happy I did so. It's basically what it says it is, a political simulator about the life (and often, death) of the soon to be crown queen, but despite the visual novel look it actually has more in line with an RPG. Most of your time is spent upgrading various skills by taking classes, though depending on your current mood you get bonuses (or penalties) for different skills which determines how much you learn that day. 

These skills come into play during the course of your day to day activities, where you do stuff such as give speeches, stand in as judge and jury, and try not to get poisoned/assassinated/fatally injured or otherwise die. There are other things such as waging war, getting engaged, and learning magic which I haven't gotten much into, so suffice it to say there is a good deal of hidden depth (I feel anyway). I've already failed twice (once from a caravan attack, and another because the dopy princess ate a box of poisoned chocolates), but am finding it surprisingly addictive and am very much enjoying it. Definitely worth it from my point of view so far, and shouldn't be taken at face value (which I'm sure turned a lot of people off).

*Just wanted to share this since it was a bit of an impulse decision and I remember others being interested. Also I had nothing other to post about...

uhm...seems fun though
what ur favorite genre jake it depends on genre i love most but boring adventures gams i just like racing for fun so i have lots of racing prollyl time to suspend some game for whille but maybe they saw ur panda is too handsome

I just crafted my first badge from this sale and some trades. Are the older badges still able to craft also? Like say from the summer sale? I'm only 3 cards away from that one.

Ok can the regional sellers give us an epic deal on Remember Me? I thought about buying this a few days ago and decided against it. Damn there's a RU version.

Ooohh my mistake, even at 75% off its $12.50, I would never touch it in this price range.

I can finally go to bed, nite peeps.

im amazed a. at my stupidity for release date purchasing them but also b. just how quickly and how deeply steam discounted agarest and the enslaved complete edition

also agarest might be a glitch at that price not sure weird percent

im amazed a. at my stupidity for release date purchasing them but also b. just how quickly and how deeply steam discounted agarest and the enslaved complete edition

also agarest might be a glitch at that price not sure weird percent
66% off isn't weird.. it's normal.

If anyone's thinking of getting Agarest, none of the DLC adds anything new, it's just item unlocks and stat upgrades. The DLC dungeons from the console versions are already included in the base game.

Contrast for 7.50 is pretty good, prolly be like 5 form jakenomey. Its a pretty neat lil game, not really polished that well, more of a style over substance game. I would get it if i didn't have it on ps4 already

Interesting games on Community Choice this round.

• Triple Town is a fun puzzle game. I think many people picked this up during the Summer Sale. 
  • Contraption Maker is the Incredible Machine sequel. I could see myself spending some time with this one. 
  • Nihilumbra looks to be a very atmospheric adventure game.

I have TT, but I'm pretty sure I'm in for either of the others if they win. The only bummer is that Nihilumbra has been a little bit cheaper at GMG.

Interesting games on Community Choice this round.

• Triple Town is a fun puzzle game. I think many people picked this up during the Summer Sale.
  • Contraption Maker is the Incredible Machine sequel. I could see myself spending some time with this one.
  • Nihilumbra looks to be a very atmospheric adventure game.

I have TT, but I'm pretty sure I'm in for either of the others if they win. The only bummer is that Nihilumbra has been a little bit cheaper at GMG.
Contraption Maker is the best choice. I had no idea what it was, but I voted for it because many CAGs got Triple Town free after cards a while back (during the card beta), and Nihilumbra has been cheaper on GMG. Triple Town will probably win though.

Contraption Maker is the best choice. I had no idea what it was, but I voted for it because many CAGs got Triple Town free after cards a while back (during the card beta), and Nihilumbra has been cheaper on GMG. Triple Town will probably win though.
Yeah, that's what I voted for too.

how much was agarest outside of flash?
I just recently added it to wishlist yesterday or so....was about 33% off or so.....believe game was 13.99 or so. I could be wrong though. I have the rest on PS3 so into my hands it goes. Plus animu waifus with slow as heck turn based combat.....(I played the second one about say 23 hours or so.....very slow combat...talking about it's prequel Agarest War Zero). Only recommended for fans of this or those who like a political type story. Also the steam cards it generates are kind of more expensive than the usual game...probably less after this sale, and if you craft the badge the waifus have backgrounds which you may like and seem to sell decently when sold on the market.

It was essentially THE recommended cooler, one of the best/the best selling cooler out there, and tests well, and of course, I've already bought it! Thanks for the advice though.
I have the same one, it's widely regarded as a great cooler.
agreed

dude, ignore him, I have it and it performs within a degree or 2 of the ones that cost 3 times as much

played a little Tomb Raider last night, not sure if this is supposed to happen though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209376750
Please don't take this the wrong way.

The CM Hyper 212 Evo gets a lot of recommendations was because of its good price/performance ratio as it is cheap and not because it performs better than other top dogs like Noctua or Thermalright. Noctua fans are well known among the silent enthusiasts. I have been experimenting with air cooling for a while before I switched over to water, I even lapped my own heatsink to mirror finish and I hogged fans too. :mrgreen:

8IlFvAq.jpg

fOKwI12.jpg

It's just weird that you recommended a different one when you already knew I wasn't going to overclock and when you saw that I'd bought that one already. There are also thousands of positive reviews for this one -- it is the most-recommended CPU cooler out there. Whether or not it suits your particular needs has no bearing on me, really ... I mean. I'm a headphone addict, but when people come to me for headphone advice, I don't suggest they get the $1,300 HiFiMan HE-6 and a speaker amp .. I ask them their use case, and don't steer them away from the perfectly competent Audio Technic ATH-M50 if it fits their needs.

In other words, really weird to see fan elitism. :] Guess you get it all in PC gaming though .. I'm still new to this and I DO appreciate any advice. This one just goes against the majority and again, I've already made my purchase!

I think everyone cringes the first time that happens to them in Tomb Raider. I don't think it's possible to avoid it.
No one burst out laughing...? :whistle2:

Conan's reaction is a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

Assetto Corsa or bust, buddy. That's the racer you want. :D

Assetto Corsa was 25% off right? If it's on a recap deal for that price .. does anyone expect it to hit that again between the end of this sale and, say, mid-March? I'm going to want to play that game immediately, but at the present time, this is my gaming PC:
Pretty sure it was 25% off... It was expecting a recap sale on it but I was a bit shocked when it was in today's flash sale. So I'm not sure if we'll see it again for a third deal in this sale but its possible.

One thing to remember, unlike other games which never get more expensive Early Access games can get more expensive... I know KSP (Kerbal Space Program) saw a price hike not too long ago. aka when I bought it it was the biggest discount ever but not the best price.)

Not saying Assetto Corsa will do. Its just a possibility.

As for your gaming PC... I've ran stock heatsinks/fans on my PCs for, well since the beginning of time but lets call it 15 years plus, and I've never had an issue with them. Remember, Intell/AMD gives you those and if you use them you got a warranty. Don't use them.. and well you might not have your warranty. (No one's going to stop by your house to see if you used it but if the manufactures are trusting them to keep them from losing money you can trust them too for you normal clocking needs.)

Its not a big deal you went bigger... Most of us overindulge in someway when building a PC (My weakness seems to be RAM) its just something to consider for the future. :)

I couldn't see everything in your box so if there some overlap... Forgive me but some general advice.

Case, a good quality one will outlast your current PC... It might be cheaper in the long run to spend a little extra.

Modular power supply. I went with one of these on my recent build and I'll never go back... Worth the extra case just to have less stuff in the way.

Hope that helps. :)

It's just weird that you recommended a different one when you already knew I wasn't going to overclock and when you saw that I'd bought that one already. There are also thousands of positive reviews for this one -- it is the most-recommended CPU cooler out there. Whether or not it suits your particular needs has no bearing on me, really ... I mean. I'm a headphone addict, but when people come to me for headphone advice, I don't suggest they get the $1,300 HiFiMan HE-6 and a speaker amp .. I ask them their use case, and don't steer them away from the perfectly competent Audio Technic ATH-M50 if it fits their needs.

In other words, really weird to see fan elitism. :] Guess you get it all in PC gaming though .. I'm still new to this and I DO appreciate any advice. This one just goes against the majority and again, I've already made my purchase!
I did mention that the stock cooler is good enough if you are not overclocking and in your case the CM cooler is more than enough. I was just suggesting that if you decide to overclock your cpu in future, there are better alternative coolers to upgrade to. Anyway all is good now so cheers to your purchases. :beer:

To all of you who keep asking whether something is the same sale, has already been on sale, etc., it's not like I've kept a list in the OP (and subsequent posts) or anything.... :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back