CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright well pm me if you want any of these for today and whatever is left over will be a big lurker key dump.

Dungeon Defenders
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Splice
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Broken Sword: Director's Cut 
Bastion
LIMBO
McPixel
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Mirror's Edge
Iron Grip: Warlord
Little Inferno
The Bard's Tale
Solar 2
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack
Serious Sam 3: BFE 
Garry's Mod

Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead  Desura Key  

Happy New Year!

Edit:  Almost done!

Just FYI today is last change to redeem Never Settle coupons.

No word on extending so that's unlikely.

Gold coupons (3 games) offer great value if you want either Saints Row IV or Thief 2014. Also some ebay sellers might be wanting to get rid of their codes. (Got my code earlier this month for $17).

Just remember to check ebay feedback.

Also AMD codes for Saints Row IV from US-coupons can be redeemed in Europe unlike codes sold in US (eg. Amazon)

Alright well pm me if you want any of these for today and whatever is left over will be a big lurker key dump.

King's Bounty: Armored Princess
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Thanks again!

Quick Impression on http://store.steampowered.com/app/221340/ (Infected: The Twin Vaccine)

On the surface this is a point a click adventure with hidden object elements to it, but turns out it has a somewhat novel twist to the whole thing. During the hidden object scenes not all the items are accessible initially, you have to find items and then use them within the scene to access other items. You end up using all the items except one which is what you end up keeping in your inventory to help you solve a puzzle elsewhere. A totally made up example would be a scene where you need to find a pin and feather. You might see a feather, but it is inside a balloon so you would have to find the pin first, use it to pop the balloon, then you'd be able to access the feather.

It's pretty neat. Obviously, the epidemic plot is what drew me too it, but this has the feel of becoming one of the better "casual" games I've played. So far the puzzles have been good. Mostly logical, so nothing too difficult, but I prefer it to those impossible to solve logically puzzles in some of the other point and clicks I've played.
This is a pretty good way to design a hidden object game, but it's not particularly new. The Midnight Mysteries series and Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can both used a very similar system with its puzzles.

Angelica Weaver is really good as well, by the way.

This is a pretty good way to design a hidden object game, but it's not particularly new. The Midnight Mysteries series and Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can both used a very similar system with its puzzles.

I'll have to move those to the top of the queue then!

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

No, I'm not going to pay $5/6 for Precipice of Darkness 4 in the Humble Weekly.

Screen_shot_2013_12_31_at_9_30_24_AM.png

Dungeon Defenders
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Splice
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Nothing like waking up to a free game. Thank you Branyon47 for Organ Trail: Director's Cut.

I just finished Ridiculous Fishing, and I think it should be the gold standard for mobile games. 

The game is swimming with charm and fun, innovative gameplay. It's basically what you'd get if Tarantino directed Old man and the Sea. If you've $2.99 or some promo credit lying around I'd definitely give it a go. 

Now... back to Mount Backlog. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac[/youtube]

Public Service Announcement:

New Humble Bundle in around an hour and a half. Don't do anything stupid (like buy Spelunky) in the meantime. No guarantee it'll be an amazing bundle, but we ARE due a numbered bundle and they're usually The New Hotness.

Also, I want to play some more Risk of Rain. I'm sill not telling you why I love it though, I'm going to spin this along for as long as possible in the hope on picking up a second season. :whee:

I just finished Ridiculous Fishing, and I think it should be the gold standard for mobile games.

The game is swimming with charm and fun, innovative gameplay. It's basically what you'd get if Tarantino directed Old man and the Sea. If you've $2.99 or some promo credit lying around I'd definitely give it a go.

Now... back to Mount Backlog.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac[/youtube]
How resource intensive is it? My phone isn't top of the line so it slows to a crawl on... well most games.

New Humble Bundle in around an hour and a half. Don't do anything stupid (like buy Spelunky) in the meantime. No guarantee it'll be an amazing bundle, but we ARE due a numbered bundle and they're usually The New Hotness.

Also, I want to play some more Risk of Rain. I'm sill not telling you why I love it though, I'm going to spin this along for as long as possible in the hope on picking up a second season. :whee:
Even if Spelunky was in the new Humble Bundle, that hour of pure joy I would have playing that game would be worth it......
then CAG buyer remorse

But that hour would be glorious!

It's going to be the rest of the PinBall FX2 tables. =p

Steam, please give some price mistake. Thank you!

Any game at price mistake price is worth buying just because you get cheaper than supposed aka. save a lot! ;)

No new Humble Indie Bundle, but "Humble Hello Kitty Bundle"...

http://instagram.com/p/iksEOqPWjC/#

:D

No Wanderlust? Last place even.. Here I thought it would be a shoe in. Drat. Both of the other two options were already at those prices during this sale. : /

Ǐͪͫ̕ ̡̬̪͕̅d͖̣̥͈̗̬ͧ̏̂͌̈́͘o̩̓͛ͤ͆ͮ̊̚͘n̫̺̲ͬ͠'̉҉̰̺̘͚̜͔͚t̶͇̤͉̹̟̄͛ͪ̑ ͉͓̥̬̤̭̿̚k̺̲̒̄͟n̹̔ͪͦ̉oͬ͂w̹̥̰̳̳͔̣ͬ͌͌ͯͥ̇ͪ ̵̟͉͋̇ͥ̽w͔̞͇͊ͫ̌͘h͇͙̼̳̫̼ͥ͑ͧ̆̕a̝̹̙̹t͠ ̺̍ͯ̾ͬ͗̒y̶͇̦̪͈̩o̲̫̜̖͕̗̻͐ͭ̚͞u̪ͦ̏ͅ ͖̻̝̦͓̃̓m̥̞͙͎̼̍̋ͦͨe̴̫̪̱̪̰͚͆͌ͪ͗ͯ̃aͦ͊̈́҉̱͉̪ṇ̻̰̩̯̘ͫͨ̐͢.̝̠̻̜̞͙̍̆́ͯ͂ͦ ̌ͦ̄̊̊ͥT̬̙̽͛ͪh̡̭̻̗͊e͓̰̼̱̲͒ͅȓ̡̯̦̘̘̱̦̎̈ͩe̅҉̤̗͔ ̀͏͇̩̗a͖͎̘̮͍͙r̦̟̗ͧ̽ͬ̏̇ͣ̎ê̟͕͕͍̙ͤ͂ͭ̎͛͐n̝͍̩͙̦͎̿̀̀ͫ͢'̽͐͐ͥ͞t̛̲͎̩͓̓̃ ̣͎͎̋ͫͭ͢ͅä͚͈͈̏͑̑̐̔ͨ͟n̠͙̪̬̝ͮ̇̐̔̓ͯ̊y̮̙̺̹̟͕͐́̏̑͋̓ ͆̽̎͂̓g̝ͤͬ̊̅́͠l̦̯͔͇͍ͦͮ̑ͨ̈́ị̛̗ͯ̋̀̋͆͂ͤt̰͓̺̖̙c͖͎̘̘̤͐̊̇̊h̖̹̻͉̎͛e̢̙͕̺̤ͦs̻̘̥̮̼̚ ̿͏̯h̝̣̘̗̰̗̓ͧ̏̆̀̾̅e̮̩ͬͫ͑̾r̸̻͈͔͈͓̼̲̽̌e.͈̫͕̭̟̟̟̑́̋̆ͣ͡

MTG 2014 hits a new low. (badum - tish) with no DLC discounts though.

EDIT: Expansion pack 1 66% off.

How do these compare to the Big Fish hidden object games?

Heads up, the other Ys games that didn't go on sale last time Ys: Chronicles was up are now on sale for 75% off! I'm gonna grab em both as well as the Ninja DLC. 

Edit. I see we have a ninja theme today.

All Ys games are 75% off go at it! Also with Deadly Premonition bought I think I've reached what I'm buying during the sale, though I could be surprised by some indie game or something. Likely buy Chainsaw Warrior...supposed to be a fun solo board game so i'm sure it will be fun and cards are pretty good prices as well.

Interesting that the Grid 2 All In DLC Pack is still 40% when (most of) the other DLC is 66% off, and the game itself is 75% off.  I thought it hit 66% during the flash sale, and I was admittedly hoping it would glitch higher.  Oh well, maybe next sale.

[quote name="TheRainCoat" post="11403231" timestamp="1388511276"]I just finished Ridiculous Fishing, and I think it should be the gold standard for mobile games.

Now... back to Mount [/quote]

Yeah I picked up ridiculous fishing in a sale and really enjoyed my time with it. Still bummed I never caught the steggo fish. It is the only one I am missing.

Interesting that the Grid 2 All in DLC pack is still 40% when (most of) the other DLC is 66% off. I thought it hit 66% during the flash sale, and I was admittedly hoping it would glitch higher. Oh well, maybe next sale.
Last time the DLC were 66% off individually and I think the DLC-pack was less.

Heads up, the other Ys games that didn't go on sale last time Ys: Chronicles was up are now on sale for 75% off! I'm gonna grab em both as well as the Ninja DLC.

Edit. I see we have a ninja theme today.
Are the Y's games good by today's standards, or is the draw mostly nostalgia?

Is Half Life: Source worth getting at $2.49? I own the original Half Life and have been meaning to play it (played it a bit on PS2 but never finished it) and Black Mesa has too many alterations for me to want to do my first run-through on that. Does Half Life: Source have native controller support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back