CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
What the?! I just received 2 snow globe cards for my vote. My mistake, one was for purchasing something. I purchased 2 things though.

No.

See my above post but to summarize. It looks amazing but by all accounts plays like crap. Its gone from 15 dollars to 3 dollars in less than 2 months.

Going to be bundled.
That's what makes me think the price may be a mistake. It's published by focus home. They don't usually price their games so low in a short time period.. I think Magrunner still hasn't been 75% off on GMG and it's an older release.

And no glitch on the season pass... Sucks for anyone not cool enough to get it day one.

EDIT BELAY my last! We have glitch!
Voted for Bioshock Infinite on the off chance that the season pass would go on sale this time, and it did. It's been through so many sales without a discount I was worried it might not go on sale.

The gear and the weapons aren't early unlocks, you don't get them at all unless you have the DLC.
Thanks for the reply. I don't like the idea of getting the cheat content bundled in with the bonus gear & weapons, But I guess I can always just not use them.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I don't like the idea of getting the cheat content bundled in with the bonus gear & weapons, But I guess I can always just not use them.

Thanks
Pretty sure you would have to use them, unless you plan on not unlocking or buying anything in-game.

Thanks
That gear is, in itself, pretty much cheat mode, as are the "weapons" (I think they're actually increases to the first damage boost upgrade on the shotgun and sniper rifle.)

Pretty sure you would have to use them, unless you plan on not unlocking or buying anything in-game.
Bioshock Infinite is sane and you don't get DLC stuff unless you pickup from someplace at beginnin of the game, apart from lockpicks which are added directly. (This is how I remember it anyway)

They should fix the season pass price. I already bought 6 of them to resell during the first 5mins of the deal and now I think it won't be easy.

That gear is, in itself, pretty much cheat mode, as are the "weapons" (I think they're actually increases to the first damage boost upgrade on the shotgun and sniper rifle.)
Ah, well I already bought it. But it's still sitting in my inventory, so i can just choose not to add it until I've played and beat the game.

Trying to decide if I should get out of the snow globe business or just sell my dups so I can buy the ones I need to craft again... 

trying to buy the Season Pass... but what a bad time to get this error. "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

so i made the mistake of selling my dupes and crafting a badge. got some crappy Spiral Knights item. i wonder if this is Steam's way of telling kids not to play the lotto...

DON'T PLAY THE LOTTO!!!

Contrast is out of stock. :( I was just about to buy it too.., dang!

If anyone bought an extra, I'll gladly buy it!

Question about that Amazon $5 credit thingy:

Did you have to tick a box or something when you made a purchase? How do you check if you have any credits?

Yes that's two questions but most of you are too ignorant to notice :whee:.

Question about that Amazon $5 credit thingy:

Did you have to tick a box or something when you made a purchase? How do you check if you have any credits?

Yes that's two questions but most of you are too ignorant to notice :whee:.
1. No

2. You can't, you'll have to check your order history to see how many digital games/dlc you bought in that time period to know how many credits you'll have.

Just woke up to see the Bioshock Infinite season pass for $5. Bought it with the android app before getting out of bed.   :lol:

Edit -  Ermahgerd 10.2 GB download!

So, I was playing Steamworld Dig and i gotta say its pretty addicting. Its a good time waster with nice 2d graphics and controls, its a solid 8. Then I played some of The Swapper and i had a youtube walkthrough handy while playin and damn, dem puzzles in dat game are sick. Its in my top 3 indie games of 2013. Soo good.

Oh and vote for VVVVVV everyone! Its made by the same guy who did Super Hexagon. we shall buy several copies of it and then give em away as gifts!

Let alone expecting a game to be getting updates from a publisher/dev that does not appear to care enough about it to see it for sale on the largest PC gaming storefront.
I'd say it's up the modders of the gaming-community...

...and pretty much, they'd probably go mod something else that actually deserves such treatment.

I'm going to get Bioshock Infinite on the steam sale, since I have $1.60 Gabenbux. That will free up a coupon on Amazon :)

Also I picked up PAC-Man DX+ at GameStop for $2.50.

So Desktop Dungeons not worth it? It doesn't look like anyone has brought that game up yet. It looks fun but I'm kinda getting spoiled by sub $5 games already and am thinking I can wait till this one hits that mark.

Probably a good idea to go ahead and gift purchase the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass if you plan to purchase the game itself with Amazon vouchers correct?

Are you expecting updates to a game that's been removed from Steam?
I'm not expecting anything. I'm asking a question. Considering it still works and the community pages are still up, I was wondering if updates could still be pushed. Not related to Deadpool -- more so to Motor Rock, as the devs are still updating it as per their blogs. Just not sure if those updates will go to Steam users or if that will only come if the game is placed back on the store.

Let alone expecting a game to be getting updates from a publisher/dev that does not appear to care enough about it to see it for sale on the largest PC gaming storefront.
Again, I am expecting nothing. And games not being on Steam can have nothing to do with "caring enough" to see it for sale on Steam. Hence why I mentioned games being removed from Steam. I'm not sure what you guys think I'm talking about ...

My understanding of the Motor Rock situation is that the devs are trying to get it to a state where they can re-release it on Steam so the hope shouldn't be entirely lost there I guess.

edit: I mean the War Z people made it happen so who knows right.

I just had an opportunity to get a gift copy but am totally uninterested in playing this game without local multiplayer. The devs said that is coming, but getting a copy now is pointless if that update cannot be pushed to me, is all.

So Desktop Dungeons not worth it? It doesn't look like anyone has brought that game up yet. It looks fun but I'm kinda getting spoiled by sub $5 games already and am thinking I can wait till this one hits that mark.
It's very, very good. I'd say that's an excellent price for a game with a LOT of content.

I did a mini-review of it a few hundred pages ago if you can find it. I can't re-type here as my son is asleep on my right arm and it's cutting off circu

I doubt anyone at Valve is there to fix it. Actually, I've never seen any glitches fixed in that time period.
That's why they call it the glitching hour.
I did a mini-review of it a few hundred pages ago if you can find it. I can't re-type here as my son is asleep on my right arm and it's cutting off circu
A few hundred pages ago in another thread. Props to him if he actually finds it, though I do remember reading it but had forgotten until just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back