CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I basically need Snow Globe cards 3,5,6,8 for Level 2 here.
no one ever seems to need a #7 lol which is the one I'm looking to get rid of

does anyone know why the Steam Card Exchange isn't accepting Snow Globes anymore?

A couple older games on my wishlist in that price range are MDK 2 and Blood Omen 2: Legacy of kain...both are between 2.50-2.80

deus ex invisible war is 2.79

to the moon is 2.99
Don't know if you have the other LoK games or not...

But, the LoK Pack (Steam) is $4 on Amazon DVG:

http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Kain-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00GJ1WR4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388637500&sr=8-1&keywords=legacy+of+kain

Contains:

LoK: Soul Reaver 1;

LoK: Soul Reaver 2;

Blood Omen 2: LoK;

& LoK: Defiance.

Don't know if you have the other LoK games or not...

But, the LoK Pack (Steam) is $4 on Amazon DVG:

http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Kain-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00GJ1WR4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388637500&sr=8-1&keywords=legacy+of+kain

Contains:

LoK: Soul Reaver 1;

LoK: Soul Reaver 2;

Blood Omen 2: LoK;

& LoK: Defiance.
Yeah, I wish I had waited on getting LoK. I picked up the pack from GMG a bit back before blood omen got to steam, for about 5 bucks or so. So I just need Blood Omen

Doesn't matter right now anyway...I started playing Morrowind today. Won't be able to start another game for months, now.
I probably should buy LoK Pack, since I'm missing it.

Of course, if I was paying attention, should've NOT missed it when it went on sale during EC sale a weeks back or so, so I could pick-up another coupon!

No big deal, though - I got 13 EC coupons already.

I probably should buy LoK Pack, since I'm missing it.

Of course, if I was paying attention, should've NOT missed it when it went on sale during EC sale a weeks back or so, so I could pick-up another coupon!

No big deal, though - I got 13 EC coupons already.
13 isn't nearly neough

I just now realized that I forgot to buy Game Dev Tycoon while it was 50% off. I actually would have played that one right away too. Oh well.
If you really want it you can get it for the same price at the Humble Store still. I waffled on it too long, but I'm going to hold out for lower.

I guess I'm gonna wait for a bundle on Game Dev Tycoon. Actually, is there anyone with Windows 8.1 that can get me a copy from the app store for $4? Since apparently it comes with a steam key.

Just need 3,4, and 8 to get that second level of the badge. Only have 2 extra #2s right now. Might look to trade them in the morning. I don't really want to buy cards just to get the badge, kinda takes the fun out of collecting them to me.

Have: #3 and #7

Need: #4 and #8

I agree that buying them is no fun, but collecting/trading them is okay in my book haha Seeing as they are going for so low now I would rather just go for the badge.

Well, if this is the end, here's my haul

Poker Night 2
The Swapper
Legend of Dungeon
Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle
Spelunky
Electronic Super Joy
Payday: The Heist (4 pack split)
RPG Maker VX Ace (4 pack split)
Starbound (4 pack split)

I'm kind of disappointed in the number of bundle fodder I got, but most of them are worth it and I had over $30 in card money.

Ahh, thank you! I've never sold anything on Steam before, so I only knew I could sell them through the inventory. lol
I find it's helpful to visit the Marketplace page for each item I sell. The graph you see on the Sell page is helpful, but it's good to see just exactly how many cards there are and at what price they are listed. Might as well get as much as you can from them.

I find it's helpful to visit the Marketplace page for each item I sell. The graph you see on the Sell page is helpful, but it's good to see just exactly how many cards there are and at what price they are listed. Might as well get as much as you can from them.
Or use Enhanced Steam and get the lowest market price right on the inventory screen.

Or use Enhanced Steam and get the lowest market price right on the inventory screen.
Well I guess I was saying that it is helpful to me to see the number of cards listed at each particular price. It's not always best, in my experience, to go rock-bottom if you want to get the best price. I look at:

- The graph to see how many cards have been selling and at what price

- The Marketplace page for the card to see how many cards are listed and at what price

The lowest price may be .18, but there may only be two or three listed at that price. If you can see they've been selling at a reasonable rate, then it may be to your advantage to list it for a few cents higher. Typically you see:

- One or more cards priced well below the others

- A ton of cards listed at (probably what used to be the lowest) one price

You usually want to be higher than the lowballs and just lower than the huge block of cards listed at what was formerly the lowest price.

Of course we're talking pennies each here, typically. But this is CAG, so I thought I'd point that out. :)

Of course we're talking pennies each here, typically. But this is CAG, so I thought I'd point that out. :)
I'll toss out a card question for you all... What are some of the cheaper badges to craft? I wouldn't mind getting my level up so I have a better chance at boosters and/or foils.

Well I guess I was saying that it is helpful to me to see the number of cards listed at each particular price. It's not always best, in my experience, to go rock-bottom if you want to get the best price. I look at:

- The graph to see how many cards have been selling and at what price

- The Marketplace page for the card to see how many cards are listed and at what price

The lowest price may be .18, but there may only be two or three listed at that price. If you can see they've been selling at a reasonable rate, then it may be to your advantage to list it for a few cents higher. Typically you see:

- One or more cards priced well below the others

- A ton of cards listed at (probably what used to be the lowest) one price

You usually want to be higher than the lowballs and just lower than the huge block of cards listed at what was formerly the lowest price.

It's definitely best to check the graphs too if you want to squeeze the maximum number of dollars cents out of your cards.

No more voting anymore damn, that means steam sale concludes in 8 hrs. pheww, finally. dont forget to pick up Jade Empire on tomorrow's daily deal ;) hehe

Boo.... Pac-Man never got its intended discount. I was holding out hope that this last round of Flash Sales would make that right. Instead we get a few repeats.

I'll toss out a card question for you all... What are some of the cheaper badges to craft? I wouldn't mind getting my level up so I have a better chance at boosters and/or foils.[/color]
It changes very frequently - especially right now as people are crafting badges like crazy. Try Steam Card Exchange (Badge Price List, sort by Price) http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?badgeprices-priceasc

Well that's a disappointing last round. No glitch on Far Cry 3, and no games that interest me*.

*Aside from Trackmania - which I picked up on an earlier flash sale which included the franchise packs.

here is what is included in the far cry 3 deluxe pack for $2.50.  I thought far cry 1 might be included, when i first googled it, it seemed to be.  But that might have only been for people that pre ordered far cry 3 deluxe?

About the Game
Get even more insanity by upgrading your game to the Deluxe Edition with the Far Cry® 3 Deluxe Bundle. Includes six single-player missions, four rare animals to hunt, a bow and flare gun for multiplayer, and all other previously released retail bonuses in The Monkey Business Pack, The Lost Expeditions, The Warrior Pack, and The Predator Pack. Also included in this bundle: the game’s soundtrack and the Survival Guide art book (both delivered in digital format).
System Requirements

I had some cents leftover in my account from previously selling duplicate cards, so during this sale I found myself doing a lot of card grinding and trading and finally crafting some badges. Even bought some cards to finish up a couple of those badges.

The lesson I learned is that the end result of badges (the background and smiley) are worth nothing, and all I ended up with is a worthless DOTA 2 item. (Which I've never played)

On the plus side, realizing that those smileys are worth nothing but a penny to the seller (I wonder why they bother) does make me want to use the leftover Steam wallet to find some cool smileys to buy, even if I never chat with people over Steam. Anyone know of some good ones?

I also went ahead and bought Magical Drop 5 even though I fully expect it to be not as enjoyable as 3. But for $1.24 the worst that can happen is that it makes me get MD3 up and running for a weekend.

On the plus side, realizing that those smileys are worth nothing but a penny to the seller (I wonder why they bother) does make me want to use the leftover Steam wallet to find some cool smileys to buy, even if I never chat with people over Steam.
If it's worth nothing to me, nor any of my friends, I'd rather have the $0.01 than the item.

bought far cry 3 for $7.50, my only purchase of this sale, i might regret not getting balltefront 2 for $7 but I guess i can always buy it off of amazon(disc version) if it gets put in the vault.

On the plus side, realizing that those smileys are worth nothing but a penny to the seller (I wonder why they bother) does make me want to use the leftover Steam wallet to find some cool smileys to buy, even if I never chat with people over Steam.

I also went ahead and bought Magical Drop 5 even though I fully expect it to be not as enjoyable as 3. But for $1.24 the worst that can happen is that it makes me get MD3 up and running for a weekend.
This is all you'll ever need: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/108710-%3ADeer%3A

Also Magical Drop 5 is great. Granted I've never played any of the prior games, but I've had a lot of fun with it and really like the goofy dialog and characters. Gotta get back to it sometime soon and try MP, since my one gripe is the AI is pretty easy even on the highest difficulty level.

While I agree with this, it's just too much work for me when most cards are in the .9-.12 range. If it's a rare case like eXceed or Magical Diary where card prices are around .50+ and only a dozen or so on the market, then I'd do the same, but for most cards I just put it a penny less and take what Gaben gives me.

And yes, that includes unwanted sexual advances and leud phone calls.

It changes very frequently - especially right now as people are crafting badges like crazy. Try Steam Card Exchange (Badge Price List, sort by Price) http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?badgeprices-priceasc
Wow, rather enlightening... Thanks. :)

Sales over, huh...? I'm both disappointed and relieved.

I know for allot of you the sales sucked (and I agree, no bundles of all of a publishers games like old so, yeah, lots of crap) but for those new to gaming on PC (or at least returning to it) it can still be expensive proposition. :)

I did pretty good (I think) in getting what I wanted and in getting good deals. :D (That's not always the same as two of my bigger purchases weren't really high on my wishlist.. Bioshock Series and Borderlands 2. Both of them ended up being owned due to glitches)

Anyhow, I won't list my complete list... Mostly because I don't really want to know how much I spent. :lol:

So this was the last "big" sale between now and the summer? No spring sale or anything like that?

Wait. Voting ended, but the sale doesn't end until the 3rd...
Everything got less than 7 hours on their sale prices... Its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back