CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally figured out the perfectly priced games to buy last. 
66LKk.png

My Winter Haul:

Aliens: CM

You Don't Know Jack Classic

Don't Starve

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Dead Island: Riptide

Remember Me

Deadpool

Antichamber

Nation Red

Pretty slim list but I'm going to try and work through some backlog so that's good.  I'd at least like to knock out my better acclaimed AAA title games in the next few months and some of the better reviewed indie stuff. 

It helps that I was gifted a bunch of stuff from a Secret Santa. Also a huge backlog.
nope no help it felt much worst i was gifted the only two diviinty i need coh2(it does but i was getting it tho) fc3 bd from drsex aka drsquastsh and bl2(friend had to choose the most dlc intrusive game ever) out of all my wish list it had to bet that couldnt be urban trail or mad riders or starts force unleashed 2 airport simulator cmon those are less dlc im too lazy too add dlc for coh 2 aint got time for bl2 dlc either the other three give me something that doesnt makee me addddd or lazy add llol

My haul so far...

STEAM
[hiddenlist]Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
Mark of the Ninja DLC
Poker Night 2
Giana Sisters w/ DLC
Rochard DLC
Rochard
Don't Starve (2 pack)
Hitman Absolution w/ DLC
FC Blood Dragon & CoJ Gunslinger
Payday The Heist
Super Hexagon
TrackMania2 Pack
Strike Suit Infinity[/hiddenlist]
GROUPEES BUNDLE
[hiddenlist]Driftmoon
Ethan: Meteor Hunter
Gateways
Q.U.B.E.
[/hiddenlist]
AMAZON
[hiddenlist]Brothers
Fable
Tomb Raider
Quantum Conundrum w/ DLC
Far Cry 3 Deluxe
Aliens: CM[/hiddenlist]
GMG
[hiddenlist]BL2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Deus Ex GOTY
Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies[/hiddenlist]
HUMBLE BUNDLE STORE
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
GAMEFLY
[hiddenlist]Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Civ 5: Brave New World
[/hiddenlist]
BUNDLE STARS
[hiddenlist]Clutch
Crash Time 2
Death Track: Resurrection
Metal Drift
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Wasteland Angel[/hiddenlist]

EDIT: Hidden lists

I've had my eye on 'Fate' during this sale, and it has been at 40% off the entire time. Should I pull the trigger on it now, or wait? I thought this sale lasted until tomorrow the 3rd, but the countdown clock on the game says that it will be over in 2.5 hours. Thanks.
For the price they're asking for Fate you're better off with Torchlight 2 (which routinely goes on sale for $5). If you already own Torchlight 2… well… not that much point in buying Fate. Wait until it's 75% off.

My Winter Haul:

Aliens: CM
You Don't Know Jack Classic
Don't Starve
Dead Island: Riptide
Remember Me
Deadpool
Antichamber
Nation Red

Pretty slim list but I'm going to try and work through some backlog so that's good. I'd at least like to knock out my better acclaimed AAA title games in the next few months and some of the better reviewed indie stuff.
Oooo!! How's Nation Red? I was going to pick that up, but Total Biscuit loves it, and I tend to not like the games he does.

You don't want Hammerwatch unless you have friends to play it with. Playing solo is a hollow, frustrating and repetitive experience.

Wait for a bundle.

Oooo!! How's Nation Red? I was going to pick that up, but Total Biscuit loves it, and I tend to not like the games he does.
This is the one time he actually displays good taste. Nation Red is a very fun arena shooter and after release the developers added a ton of updates/content and support. Not sure if they still support it as it's been three or four years now but… maybe they still do.

it fun i have lalst may hard solo but fun with friends or random

This is the one time he actually displays good taste. Nation Red is a very fun arena shooter and after release the developers added a ton of updates/content and support. Not sure if they still support it as it's been three or four years now but… maybe they still do.
yea theey ssti;ll suporting the last update was dec 11 2013

Winter Haul
[customspoiler='Steambux/gifts/groupbuys']
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
SpeedRunners
Blade Symphony
Fortix 2
Solar Flux
Pool Nation
Goodbye Deponia
You Don't Know Jack Pack
Mount & Blade:Fire & Sword
The Bridge
AntiChamber (gift)
Desperados (gift)
Rise of Venice
Trials Evolution Gold (gift)
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Assetto Corsa
Wizardry 6, 7, 8
Risk of Rain
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Real money']
The Raven
London 2012
Foul Play
Race the Sun
RIPD
Alien Spidy DLC
Warlock DLC
Risen 2 DLC
How to Survive
Secret of the Magic Crystal
Bit Trip Runner 2
Quantum Conundrum + DLC
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold
Desperados 2
Sang-Froid
also bought a couple generic bundles
and a dozen games on GOG
[/customspoiler]

Only a couple major regrets in there: RIPD, SpeedRunners, and Risk of Rain.  I gotta stop impulsing into group buys just because they're "cheap" or have cards.

out of curiousity has anyone played Nether? I see it has a pay system... is it just cosmetic items or "pay-to-win"?

Edit: Checked the forums on it and it is cosmetic items only.. that's good I guess? Can anyone comment on the actual gameplay though?
I watched Carlmundo do a game play session on Twitch. It didn't look bad. The in game store did seem mostly cosmetic. It's a survival game with a safe zone. So you can stay in the safe zone and trade or plan out with your team. You can purchase some things with cash you find as opposed to gold you purchase. The monsters are like hell spawn or alien type creatures. They teleport like crazy so you'll be attacking and it will teleport through the ground and end up behind you or something. It seemed like at night the safe zone breaks down and you have to find 6 beacons or something across the map to activate again so that's a different sort of challenge thing. Overall, it didn't seem bad but I'm waiting for cheaper personally. To quote EarthboundX5, it's basically The WarZ, just looks nicer and has aliens/hell creatures instead of zombies.

The sale either ends at 1 pm est, or there'll be an encore sale.. either way I highly doubt Fate would be a featured deal in the encore sale (if there is one). If you really want it, I'd buy it now.
I highly doubt there's an encore. Encores used to run along with every other deal. Meaning you'd have an encore of the best deals, but you could still buy the non dailies/flash games during that time too. All non-daily games say they end in 1.5 hours. I doubt they'd do an encore just for a few games, but I guess anything is possible.

I highly doubt there's an encore. Encores used to run along with every other deal. Meaning you'd have an encore of the best deals, but you could still buy the non dailies/flash games during that time too. All non-daily games say they end in 1.5 hours. I doubt they'd do an encore just for a few games, but I guess anything is possible.
The only reason I suggested that there might be an encore is because the store page says the sale ends on the 3rd. This could be a mistake, but it's hard to know until the deals switch over.

I ended up buying a bunch more than I thought I would; so hard to resist during these sales. 

Haul:

Steam:

Flotilla
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (Thanks Branyon47!)
Borderlands 2 Siren Learned Warrior Pack
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe
Don't Starve (Glitch FTW)
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 and 4 Bundle
Rise of the Triad
Eldritch
Rogue Legacy
The Bridge
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
Legend of Dungeon
Pinball FX2 - Ms Splosion Man Table
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass (Glitch)

Bundle Stars:
Snuggle Truck
Plain Sight
Slender: The Arrival
Blood of the Werewolf
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Amazon:
XCOM: Enemy Within

Humble Bundle:
Gemini Rue
AAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Jack Lumber
Little Inferno

Humble Store:
Guacamelee! Gold Edition

Indie Gala:
Hacker Evolution Duality
Shattered Haven
Skyward Collapse
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
Teleglitch

Obligatory Haul Post:

Gamersgate:

Paraworld Gold

A Day In The Woods

Battlestrike: The Siege

Battlestrike: The Road to Berlin

Dead Island Riptide - Fashion Victim DLC

Dead Island Riptide - Survivor Pack DLC

Nina Agent Chronicles

Terrorist Takedown

Terrorist Takedown: Cover Operations

Terrorist Takedown: Payback

Total: $10

Amazon:

Tropico 4: Voodoo DLC

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Pizza Dude

Glacier Racer

Alpha Zylon

Jakarta Motorcross Challenge

Total: $5

Getgamesgo:

London 2012

Total $2

Steam:

Verdun

Don't Starve

Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations

Total: $24

Gifts:

Brothers

Infected: The Twin Vaccine

Dead Island Riptide

Viscera Cleanup Detail

Bundles:

Penny Arcade 2

9.03m

Draw A Stickman

Driftmoon

Gateways

Gentlemen

Likely buying Defender's Quest too to round things out.  

Obligatory Haul Post:

Gamersgate:

Paraworld Gold

A Day In The Woods

Battlestrike: The Siege

Battlestrike: The Road to Berlin

Dead Island Riptide - Fashion Victim DLC

Dead Island Riptide - Survivor Pack DLC

Nina Agent Chronicles

Terrorist Takedown

Terrorist Takedown: Cover Operations

Terrorist Takedown: Payback

Total: $10

Amazon:

Tropico 4: Voodoo DLC

Pizza Dude

Glacier Racer

Alpha Zylon

Jakarta Motorcross Challenge

Total: $5

Getgamesgo:

London 2012

Total $2

Steam:

Verdun

Don't Starve

Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations

Total: $24

Gifts:

Brothers

Infected: The Twin Vaccine

Dead Island Riptide

Viscera Cleanup Detail

Bundles:

Penny Arcade 2

9.03m

Draw A Stickman

Driftmoon

Gateways

Gentlemen

Likely buying Defender's Quest too to round things out.
ur bad boy cheap heh now i feel better not too much but better than before. thanks drrock for letting me feel betteer

Flash Sales Round 14-3: 10AM 2/12 - 6PM 2/12 (UTC):

Trackmania2 Stadium (-75%) $9.99 $2.49

+ Canyon (-75%) $19.99 $4.99

+ Valley (-75%) $19.99 $4.99
Oddly TMUF is only 50% off, last time it was 75%.

I know it's unlikely, as we both have crippling piles of shame, but did you try DMC4 yet? I was thinking of picking it up. Probably shouldn't, as it goes on sale a lot, and I have both Darksiders to play.

Also, question for everyone: what's better: DMC or DMC4?
DmC got a lot of hate for reinventing Dante, but I quickly grew to like him. There was also some real mechanics-abuse until some later patched closed those. (e.g. rolling/dodging could keep combos going indefinitely). It is also really well optimized. I'd really have to pickup DMC4 again to fairly compare.

There's no comparison between DMC & Darksiders 1 combat, and DS1 combat isn't bad... fun at times. But it's no substitute for DMC combat.

Edit: DMC4 was also well optimized back in the day. DMC3's PC port was poorly optimized in the day but runs just fine on modern hardware. Don't buy DMC3 unless you have a DirectInput controller or know how to emulate one. (Logitech controllers: Rumblepad/F310, DS3 w/BetterDS3)

You have spent approximately $115.97 USD in the store since the sale began.

metal gear rising x2

MK9

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass

Deadly Premonition 

Ys Origin 

Ys 1 & 2

COJ Gunslinger 

Starwars BF 2

Giana Sisters Bundle 

Van Helsing + DLC

Guacamelee

3dmark

Papers, Please 

King of Fighters 13

DMC

All funded by gaby bucks 

To see how much you spent on steam, click a snowglobe and go to your badge progress screen, then click how do i earn more globes in the top right 

Didn't realize Shank 2 is $3.39. Also that combo pack of Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon is $8.49. You're paying $4.25 for both. That's really good.

Well, I got...

Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC
Legend of Dungeon
Eldritch
Saints Row IV
Hitman: Absolution
Thief (2014)
Contagion (gift)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Rise of the Triad
Sacrifice
Guacamelee Gold Edition
Bard's Tale (gift)
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Don't Starve
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord
Borderlands 2 - Ultimate Vault Hunter 2
Borderlands 2 - Psycho Pack
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Deadpool
Valdis Story: Abyssal City

Plus some smaller trades and indie bundles...totaling $37 cash and $28 gabens.

Best deal of the sale: Don't Starve price glitch. That and the cheap AMD Gold code from ebay. Now all that's left is to see how many of these end up in Humble X. I'm guessing at least two. 

You have spent approximately $115.97 USD in the store since the sale began.
Now I don't feel nearly as bad. You have spent approximately $68.57 USD in the store since the sale began.

Amazon: 9.99

Humble Bundle: 4.75

Bundle Stars: 3.53

Indie Gala: 1.99

Haul total: $88.83

So, I'm thinking about picking up Magic: The Gathering 2013 since it's 75% off. I see they also have a bundle with a couple of DLC included, but that bundle isn't discounted. However, one of the DLC in the bundle is discount 75%, so I could pick up the DLC & base game at that discount right now.

My question is, how important are those deck packs? I'm not quite sure how the game works. Is the content of those packs stuff you could just assemble yourself with a little effort using stuff in the base game (making it essentially a shortcut DLC)? Or is there content in those packs that I wouldn't have without buying them?

It doesn't look like the deck packs (or the bundle) go on sale all that often. But if those deck packs aren't all that important, why bother with them?

Man, it was a real PITA to get Risk of Rain multiplayer working... however, once it did, I had a blast!  This game is incredible and I feel like I keep seeing new items every playthrough.  The game is best played co-op though as solo gets boring after a while.  My friend and I just unlocked a couple new classes so we're ready to play again!

Highly recommend this game if you have other people to play with.

So, I'm thinking about picking up Magic: The Gathering 2013 since it's 75% off. I see they also have a bundle with a couple of DLC included, but that bundle isn't discounted. However, one of the DLC in the bundle is discount 75%, so I could pick up the DLC & base game at that discount right now.

My question is, how important are those deck packs? I'm not quite sure how the game works. Is the content of those packs stuff you could just assemble yourself with a little effort using stuff in the base game (making it essentially a shortcut DLC)? Or is there content in those packs that I wouldn't have without buying them?

It doesn't look like the deck packs (or the bundle) go on sale all that often. But if those deck packs aren't all that important, why bother with them?
I recommend the DLC for the extra decks....probably the only one 75% off. It adds to the variety of cards and provides a a few more challenges. More variety is always welcome in these games, and the foil packs are worthless....nothing worth it there. Also deck unlocks are pretty worthless as well, as playing the game and unlocking decks is part of the fun. If you do get any just get the expansion with the extra decks.

Even though it seems like I'm running out of games I'm interested in playing/want to buy, I still manage to spend at least $50 in the sales. Hah! The list below is about $52 worth of stuff. 

I bought:

Bulletstorm

The Bridge

Surgeon Simulator

Guacamelee! Gold Edition

Don't Starve

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord

Torchlight II

Cargo Commander

Evoland

Super Hexagon

Bit.Trip Runner 2

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Savant - Ascent

Bit.Trip Fate

Bleed

Jack Lumber (Humble Bundle)

And DLC for

Mark of the Ninja

Borderlands 2 (Headhunter 3: Mercenary Day)

Saints Row IV Season Pass

Right now I have Rogue Legacy and Warp in my cart. Not sure I'll pull the trigger, though. 

Eh  fuck it.  Made a last minute purchase of all the Trackmania 2 games.  Its something I want to play now plus I had more than enough card money.  It wasn't worth waiting forever for that celebration pack to ever go on sale again.

My haul for last month or so without bundles:
Now I watch them all appear in next bundle :D

Amazon

XCOM: Enemy Within $9.99
Quantum Conundrum Pack $1.19
Aliens: Colonial Marines Retail $1.99
Fable the Lost Chapters Retail $1.00
Hitman Triple $3.99
Stealth Bastard Deluxe - The Teleporter Chambers Retail $0.74
The Walking Dead: 400 Days $1.25

Total: $20.15 (had $30.00 gift card loaded)
I think this means 7 EC-coupons. Great.

Steam

Don't Starve 2-Pack 1,67€
Super Hexagon 0,29€
The Bureau: XCOM Hanger 6 R&D 1,12€ (Blackfriday)

Total: 3.08€
Still have a lot left from card sales (~66€)

GMG

Remember Me (WW) 8.00€

(Paid with refferal credit)

Others

Saints Row IV + Thief 2014 9.75€

Free stuff (at least I don't remember paying from them :D)

King's Bounty: Crossworlds
King's Bounty: Armored Princess Comp
Gun Monkeys
Assault Android Cactus
Duke Nukem 1
Magicka: Nippon DLC
Tower of Niflheim Retail
Grimnirs Laboratory
Strike Suit Zero Collectors Edition
Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion
Draw A Stickman: EPIC

Oddly TMUF is only 50% off, last time it was 75%.

DmC got a lot of hate for reinventing Dante, but I quickly grew to like him. There was also some real mechanics-abuse until some later patched closed those. (e.g. rolling/dodging could keep combos going indefinitely). It is also really well optimized. I'd really have to pickup DMC4 again to fairly compare.

There's no comparison between DMC & Darksiders 1 combat, and DS1 combat isn't bad... fun at times. But it's no substitute for DMC combat.

Edit: DMC4 was also well optimized back in the day. DMC3's PC port was poorly optimized in the day but runs just fine on modern hardware. Don't buy DMC3 unless you have a DirectInput controller or know how to emulate one. (Logitech controllers: Rumblepad/F310, DS3 w/BetterDS3)
Thanks, that helps!

My haul.

Stanley Parable

Guacamelee

Rise of the Triad

Gunpoint

Long Live The Queen

Valdis Story

Mini Ninjas

Steam says I spent $31.83

From GMG

Castlevania LOS Ultimate

So I spent under $40 this holiday sale. I am proud of myself, lol.

As of right now there are over 1100 Winter Foil cards in the market. Of each single one. Each one is priced at around $1.40-$1.60 right now.

I hope the price crashes sometime tomorrow morning so I can grab one set and craft it. :p

As of right now there are over 1100 Winter Foil cards in the market. Of each single one. Each one is priced at around $1.40-$1.60 right now.

I hope the price crashes sometime tomorrow morning so I can grab one set and craft it. :p
The amount of each card has been slowly going down, not up. Doubt it'll crash. The price has been slowly going up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back