CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
The moral of this story is always check the store pages for the games you want. It takes all of two seconds extra, and if you couldn't be bothered to do it during the sale, you probably didn't want the game as much as you think. 

You'll be glad for Steam's obtuse sale wordage when whatever it was shows up in a bundle a week from now.

Garry's Mod is amazing. You "need" other games to play it. However I think a lot of the optional content from owning other games is available in the workshop meow.
Yeah, I know it's really popular, but it's also really old. It's just weird to be on the list of best sellers when most of the list is pretty recent stuff.

But then tomorrow will be the 4th somewhere, so it would still be inaccurate.

Not everyone is clicking through. This is like a retail store putting a huge banner outside advertising a sale on EVERYTHING until a certain date. Then you go on the last day of the sale and find out by EVERYTHING they really just meant a few things and EVERYTHING stopped being on sale yesterday.

I'm just saying, it was a stupid way to run the sale by Steam and was begging for this type of confusion from the start.
Yeah. It would be like Xbox doing their year end sale then on the last day removing all of the sale prices except for Madden and DuckTales despite the main page saying the sale lasting until the early morning of 12/31.

I mean yeah learning experience and all since I'm still new to the Steam sales, but it's still silly. All they have to do is say "Sales end 1/2" then make the daily deal for that day be all of the "popular" deals from the sale.

But on the main page it says through the 3rd. I look at my Wishlist and see the almost 30 games on sale and if they aren't a part of the Flash and Daily deals then one should suspect that the prices last the whole sale. I shouldn't have to look at numerous pages just to keep track of end dates.

Oh well.
And that's how they get you! Gotta pay attention to the details! And read the fine print!. I mean serously you *have* to read it, otherwise Gaben's playing, Grab-Ankle-Time.

And is there a reason Gary's Mod is a bestseller? Do you need it to play some other actual game?
Proably the people who passed it up for the past five years and missed the Humble Bundle...

I have been unable to trade for days, and I'm just sick of the time suck. I just put 5 cards on the market for $0.17 each ($0.15 each for me) and they sold instantly.

"This sale is shit. The deals are shit. Valve is shit. Also, I'd like it to last forever."
You're mixing your camps up.

Us in the "Steam is shit camp" want this to end ASAP so Steam can get away from this meta-game crafting globes BS and just focus on Daily, Mid-Week, and Weekly sales.

Those in the "last forever" camp are the ones happy with 49% off as long as they get a globe, some XP, and mass produced Christmas card from Gaben.

You're mixing your camps up.

Us in the "Steam is shit camp" want this to end ASAP so Steam can get away from this meta-game crafting globes BS and just focus on Daily, Mid-Week, and Weekly sales.

Those in the "last forever" camp are the ones happy with 49% off as long as they get a globe, some XP, and mass produced Christmas card from Gaben.
What's that mass-produced Gaben XMas card look like?

"This sale is shit. The deals are shit. Valve is shit. Also, I'd like it to last forever."
Actually I'll be happy when they get back to the midweek/weekend deals -- at least they'll have stuff other than the same ol same ol up for sale for the fiftieth time.

And, yes, I fully expect the next daily to be Hydrophobia.

So we're back to this argument again? Keep it going, guys. *gets popcorn*
yea for arguing who care spoderman time for party with the eltie and im the one with this sale was bad just cause repeats yes i got my wishllist but fucking repeats are enough need variet daily flash community and no more bundles

the sale wasn't terrible...... but past winter sales have been much much better than this in terms of sale pricing and the games....... alot of these games can be found cheaper on other websites (GMG, Amazon etc) and they activate on Steam.......

Steam has gotten Gamersgate level with their sales. The best thing about em is the glitches. Don't Starve FTW!

Or Dishonored GOTY before that.
funny enough those glitches have been the only thing noteworthy in these sales of late.... I remember picking up Sleeping Dogs for like $2 or $3 with the glitch back in the day.

There were some nice looking Tomb Raider ones but they would do stupid shit like cut off half her face due to awful layout, it's like some of these guys don't even test the backgrounds they put out.
I'm still grooving to Bioshock Elizabeth from the summer sale. But the background doesn't display correctly and you only see the left side of the image.

PsDEDWb.jpg

Dunno what's up wit dat.

I'll quit complaining when Steam gives me 20% off all my purchases in 2014.
If I can get the Everything Currently On Steam Bundle at the glitched price of $28.76, I'd be fine with you getting your 20% off *everything for a year. Seems like reasonable compensation.

*everything - some exclusions may apply

But on the main page it says through the 3rd. I look at my Wishlist and see the almost 30 games on sale and if they aren't a part of the Flash and Daily deals then one should suspect that the prices last the whole sale. I shouldn't have to look at numerous pages just to keep track of end dates.

Oh well.
Enhanced Steam is your friend.

funny enough those glitches have been the only thing noteworthy in these sales of late.... I remember picking up Sleeping Dogs for like $2 or $3 with the glitch back in the day.
I love a good glitch as much as the next person. I also love to bash Steam when they deserve it. But I gotta say... the sale wasn't quite the total bust that people like to say it was.

I checked a ton of games over the duration of this sale and they were often at an all-time low price. Not always, but often. I think that some of the OMG Factor we saw back in the first few Steam sales have probably been diminished a bit by bundles.

They also deserve a bit of credit for mixing up the game selection this time around. Yes, some titles were on the front page as many as three times, but they also mixed in stuff like Unholy Hotel; Cook, Serve, Delicious!; Long Live the Queen; and Valdis Story. Although my feelings are mixed on offering betas, you have to acknowledge that a fair number of quality Early Access games were featured such as Assetto Corsa, Delver, and Planetary Annihilation.

We all expect to see big discounts on recently released games, and I think that's where Steam Sales are the softest. GMG consistently undercuts them on big name stuff. Some of that is probably due to a savvier Steam and some of it is probably due to stubbornness on the part of big publishers.

Anyhow, I agree it wasn't wall-to-wall amazing, but I don't think it's quite the dismal pit that some make it out to be either.

I checked a ton of games over the duration of this sale and they were often at an all-time low price. Not always, but often. I think that some of the OMG Factor we saw back in the first few Steam sales have probably been diminished a bit by bundles.
I'd postulate that a bigger factor than bundles is that back in the day, there wasn't much for sales outside the big steam sales. In the past couple years Amazon, GMG, and others have make their mark on the scene... so we're not as hungry when the big steam sale rolls into town. The Steam Sale is often the best source for picking up DLC, but DLC discounts have been disappointing.

This is the point in the Steam Sale where I'm usually feeling pretty good because I picked up about 10-20 new games and I'm trying to decide which ones to really dig in and play.  Then you realize you can't make up your mind so you backlog all of them.

[quote name="vince_carter" post="11410577" timestamp="1388706978"]this deadly prem one is dope

1HOIb4g.jpg
[/quote]

Wow. Nice. Might even be worth a purchase - can't be more than a couple cents in the market.

I'm still in need of #5 and #9. I now only have an extra #6 and don't plan on getting anymore because I'm done spending money for now. If anybody can help a CAG out, that'd be fantastic. Steam ID is SwiftTheRedFox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back