CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Wallace & Gromit got removed from the store, now the only way to get it is through the TellTale Collection. :nottalking:
So you're saying...I own a delisted game?

:pray::whee: :D/

*ALL* Ubisoft games released since AC2 *require* Uplay. The only workaround would be to find an, ahem, no-Uplay fan-patch on the darker side of the 'net.
Actually that's not quite true. The Steam versions of Rayman Origins, Call of Juarez, and now Rocksmith 2014 don't require uPlay to run, so at least a few (typically their smaller games or franchises) are exception to the general ubisoft/uplay rule.

Great! Who's gonna make the flag?
eQ7VBxn.png

Actually that's not quite true. The Steam versions of Rayman Origins, Call of Juarez, and now Rocksmith 2014 don't require uPlay to run, so at least a few (typically their smaller games or franchises) are exception to the general ubisoft/uplay rule.
^_^ Nod, I just didn't want to confuse the point since I was talking about FC:BD (and applies to all the other high profile titles). When I think Rayman Ubi doesn't actually come to mind for me.

Fantastic flag!

so I really want to get my hands on a new online co-op heavy game (not necessarily a-la Left 4 Dead 2 / Payday 2) but more of the Lego-ish type of Action/Adventure game if that makes sense... are there any good ones out there that still have a relatively decent community? 

so I really want to get my hands on a new online co-op heavy game (not necessarily a-la Left 4 Dead 2 / Payday 2) but more of the Lego-ish type of Action/Adventure game if that makes sense... are there any good ones out there that still have a relatively decent community?
You get the LEGO games for some franchise story/fanservice, not for the gameplay. I don't think the PC versions usually have online coop.

Check this out: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

You get the LEGO games for some franchise story/fanservice, not for the gameplay. I don't think the PC versions usually have online coop.
None of the PC lego games have online co-op, though surprisingly a few do on consoles. (how did that happen?)

While not similar in vein to the co-op games you referred to (Left 4 Dead or Payday 2), I'm really loving Risk of Rain.  It was a bit of a pain to get the multiplayer working (why can't games just use Steam invites like Borderlands, I thought we were past the day of port forwarding and firewall tweaking!!), once I did my friends and I had a blast.  We're still unlocking new items and classes, and even in our 3rd playthrough we keep finding items that we'd never seen before.

The game starts off a bit simple (though some classes have a steeper learning curve), but the potential of skill and precision inherent in the gameplay is quite alluring.  I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good game to play with friends, as long as you're ready for quite a few deaths at first :)

don't understand the LEGO hate... I'm actually enjoying the game lol but yes I know no on-line coop on those games for PC unfortunately.

Check this out: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

None of the PC lego games have online co-op, though surprisingly a few do on consoles. (how did that happen?)
thank you for this! much appreciated

how do I go about doing that? I see some people they have it and others it goes to steamsignature such as mine lol
You just need to change the URL in the BB code they give you to paste into your signature here. You, for example, would change

[url=http://steamsignature.com][img]http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198016729930.png[/img][/url]
to

Code:
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/xcappax][img]http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198016729930.png[/img][/url]

Looks like Wallace & Gromit got removed from the store, now the only way to get it is through the TellTale Collection. :nottalking:
The series is still available on GOG.com and Telltale's online store.

I also noticed Telltale's online store is no longer selling the Bone games, though they're still on Steam. I fear they might be removing them from sale sooner or later.

I'd been waiting for Telltale to have their games at a discount so I could snag the free DVD versions we get for buying stuff from their store, but they haven't had a decent sale in many years. Guess I'll never get them since they're too busy with other stuff.

Anybody have a copy of Payday 2 they got from the sale that'd they be looking to sell? I totally meant to purchase that on the encore day but RL things happened and it completely slipped my mind. I've got Steam Wallet. Just message me or friend me. Steam ID is SwiftTheRedFox.

Anybody have a copy of Payday 2 they got from the sale that'd they be looking to sell? I totally meant to purchase that on the encore day but RL things happened and it completely slipped my mind. I've got Steam Wallet. Just message me or friend me. Steam ID is SwiftTheRedFox.
Try your luck here.

The series is still available on GOG.com and Telltale's online store.

I also noticed Telltale's online store is no longer selling the Bone games, though they're still on Steam. I fear they might be removing them from sale sooner or later.

I'd been waiting for Telltale to have their games at a discount so I could snag the free DVD versions we get for buying stuff from their store, but they haven't had a decent sale in many years. Guess I'll never get them since they're too busy with other stuff
The best deal Telltale had was when they had The Walking Dead up for pre-order and offered TWD plus all their games (except the Bone games) for something around $45 I think. I bought a coupon code from another CAG from the Jurassic Park fiasco and ended up paying I think around $27 for it and then when they had issues releasing TWD on their site the first day they gave me a free Steam key for TWD so it ended up being a pretty great deal all around.

Are the Bone games any good? I heard they generally just retell the comic and aren't all that great. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before they get pulled from Steam too.

Welp, jsut got off work, now trying to not get excited for Humble Bundle tomorrow....I got excited for the Steam sale, and we all know how that turned out...

SOMEWHAT ADEQUATELY 

If anyone happens to regret a personal choice they made today, before you get too depressed, please compare it with my stupefying decision to completely re-install The Sims 3.   :dunce:

I played that for about ten hours before I realized it's just life in fast motion.  I can just redecorate my own house versus doing it in a game!

Kingdom Rush just came out today on Steam: 
Kingdom Rush

IMO, it's the best Tower Defense games I played on my phone and would recommend it to anyone who likes the genre.  You can probably wait for a bundle, but I think it's something worth keeping an eye on.

I played that for about ten hours before I realized it's just life in fast motion. I can just redecorate my own house versus doing it in a game!
That's the same reason I don't play most videogames...I can just run around murdering people in real life, why would I do it in a game?

I mean, besides the moral and legal reasons...

I played that for about ten hours before I realized it's just life in fast motion. I can just redecorate my own house versus doing it in a game!
Sure, but it's way less expensive IRL and you only have to exercise your fingers to do it in The Sims.

Kingdom Rush just came out today on Steam:
Kingdom Rush

IMO, it's the best Tower Defense games I played on my phone and would recommend it to anyone who likes the genre. You can probably wait for a bundle, but I think it's something worth keeping an eye on.
Cool, I like that game. I got the first one free and 2nd for 99 cents. Might buy again on PC for real cheap.

Most regulars (myself included) want our games on Steam if at all possible... this is important when we have such rich game libraries as ours. See the recent posts in the Amazon thread.
Not sure why your getting your ball of yarn in a tangle with me...? I never said steam wasn't preferred only that the steam version opened uplay...

I'm visiting the nerds this Thursday, actually!  Seriously, though, that Gigabyte one is smaller than any of their 700 series GPUs…  Re: pricing, I'm sure it'll vary but:

cyberpower.jpg

So, really no better than buying your own components.  $700 for a 760 card and i3 CPU is pretty meh.

well there are many of us out there, myself included, who would rather shell out a couple of hundred bucks more for the convenience of an already built machine because (at least me anyway) are way to lazy to build our own lol... but I'm not a fan of these steam machines... I don't see what they would do different than what I already can do with my gaming laptop.

well there are many of us out there, myself included, who would rather shell out a couple of hundred bucks more for the convenience of an already built machine because (at least me anyway) are way to lazy to build our own lol... but I'm not a fan of these steam machines... I don't see what they would do different than what I already can do with my gaming laptop.
I'm in the same boat. Which is why I'm hiring people to do it for me. It's more to your second point: they really don't offer anything above and beyond a traditional desktop in terms of quality and value.

I'm in the same boat. Which is why I'm hiring people to do it for me. It's more to your second point: they really don't offer anything above and beyond a traditional desktop in terms of quality and value.
These won't have Windows installed, will they?

Built computers from a shop usually include a Windows license. Even if it is Windows 8.

Edit: Misread your post. I meant that these are probably going to be a little bit less expensive than what you'd get in a shop because they won't have Windows.

So… is that a pro or con?  Anyway, these are just PCs crammed into artsy cases.  You can install/uninstall any OS you'd like on them.  Same with any computer you have made.

To your edit: If you're having someone build you a computer you can simply ask them not to give you Windows/sell it to you.  And just say, yo slap SteamOS in that bad boy.

And, let's face it, most gamers aren't going to be using SteamOS exclusively if it all for at least another couple of years when it actually runs the vast majority of games.

So… is that a pro or con? Anyway, these are just PCs crammed into artsy cases. You can install/uninstall any OS you'd like on them. Same with any computer you have made.
Neither.

I imagine a lot of people will expect these to have a flavor of Windows even if it says it doesn't. People see a computer and they expect Windows, not a Linux variant.

See mah editzz.  It comes down to what will play the games.  And, to date, Linux/SteamOS isn't going to fit the bill for enough titles for awhile.  Windows is still pretty much mandatory for most gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back