CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="sunasun" post="11461237" timestamp="1390287603"][quote name="AshesofWake" post="11461232" timestamp="1390287583"]Hey any of you Steam players can recommend a decent gaming mouse with basic buttons. Been looking at the razers and the logitech gaming mouses but maybe you guys know any decent ones. Sub $40 price?[/quote]
ACEo+Mouse+Art+by+SteviT+etsy.jpeg
[/quote]

I had one of those to use with my notebook but my kitty kept tearing it's mouse balls out. :(

Pizza and burger talk? You bros are on thin ice... I might have to report these off-topic shenanigans.

Hey any of you Steam players can recommend a decent gaming mouse with basic buttons. Been looking at the razers and the logitech gaming mouses but maybe you guys know any decent ones. Sub $40 price?
My input: If you're gonna skimp on anything, don't skimp on your mouse. Pay good money for a good Razer. I've got a Mamba, and while it was outrageously expensive, it's also outrageously amazing. Ergonomic, buttery smooth performance, etc. Sadly some of the glue went bad because I live in a humid area, but I called up Razer support, got a return label, and they sent me a brand new mouse (I specifically asked for a brand new one and the phone guy confirmed that's what I would get).

Razer mice have a TWO YEAR warranty, and if they have to replace the mouse, the new one you get has a brand new two year warranty once you get it. That's really damn good.

My input: If you're gonna skimp on anything, don't skimp on your mouse. Pay good money for a good Razer. I've got a Mamba, and while it was outrageously expensive, it's also outrageously amazing. Ergonomic, buttery smooth performance, etc. Sadly some of the glue went bad because I live in a humid area, but I called up Razer support, got a return label, and they sent me a brand new mouse (I specifically asked for a brand new one and the phone guy confirmed that's what I would get).

Razer mice have a TWO YEAR warranty, and if they have to replace the mouse, the new one you get has a brand new two year warranty once you get it. That's really damn good.
Glue going bad? WTF. That's why I don't like Razer.. some of their products have bad build quality, but otherwise their mice are pretty good.

Logitech also gives you a brand new mouse. Last time a Logitech mouse went bad on me, I didn't even have to send my mouse back, and they sent me a new one.

$10 Logitech works fine.  Lol @ Razer.  Paying for a fancy brand name and an air of superiority that you're using overpriced equipment.

$10 Logitech works fine. Lol @ Razer. Paying for a fancy brand name and an air of superiority that you're using overpriced equipment.
Yes I don't like Razer too much either. My Copperhead went dead for no reason a few weeks after the warranty expired. Have a G500 now and like it very much.

I'm still rocking the Microsoft Intellimouse from way back.   I've considered a replacement from modern mouses, but I really like the optical lower sensitivity, detent mouse wheel, ambidextrous mouse style of the intellimouse.  I've considered one of the SteelSeries replacement models, but my intellimouse still gets everything done very well.

Posted these in the GMG thread, but I'm guessing you will appreciate Thief for $31.50...

http://www.greenmangaming.com/
25% off general code: 1WDO6K-KWDFJQ-U1E7AI
30% off Thief and Thief: Master Edition: O0WY4L-JHKGIB-L16NT7

Also, these games are 75% off until 1/22:
Thief Gold
Thief II The Metal Age
Thief Deadly Shadows
Thief Pack
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Just Cause 2 DLC Collection
Just Cause Pack
Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs Nightmare on Northpoint
Sleeping Dogs Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs Pack

I have a key but never activated it because of the ridiculous achievements. You have to get up to the top 15% in the leaderboards and that's just plain impossible with all the cheaters out there.

I hate games that add that sort of fuck achievements. You want to reward players who have skill? Cool. But don't do it in a way that could potentially be impossible to do because of cheaters...

The dev mentioned the achievement may get tied to a weekly leaderboard... which would've been great. Except he didn't go for that. Bleh.
I'm not too good at this sort of game (Syder Arcade) but I played a couple hours and got all the leaderboard achievements pretty easily. Not a lot of people playing it, I guess.

PSA: If you purchased Freedom Fall in the Groupees Build-A-Bundle 6 there should now be a Steam key in your account, and as a reminder keys also went out for Indie Royale Sigma Bundle buyers sometime last week.

And yes, it does have cards.

Haven't seen this mentioned - the third Hitman game, Contracts, is finally available on Steam. Amazing that it took them this long, considering the only issue was some licensed song they could have easily replaced. But still, that's one less incomplete series in all our libraries.

Haven't seen this mentioned - the third Hitman game, Contracts, is finally available on Steam. Amazing that it took them this long, considering the only issue was some licensed song they could have easily replaced. But still, that's one less incomplete series in all our libraries.
It had been mentioned in the GMG thread but not this one... Good to know why it was delayed. I must admit I was a bit curious. :)

Carl, thank you for Eldritch! It's the one game I wanted to buy/play but missed during the Steam Winter Holiday sale. I've already played a little bit and have managed to pull off some of those jump swear shout moments myself (but I was the only one around). ;)

Your streams are great and entertaining as always. Fellow CAGs, you should definitely check them out and follow Carl (Twitch has Android/iPhone mobile apps as well for on the go viewing).

I saw imac2much in there today, a win for the CAGs. :D/
No problem, thanks for entering :D

Pizza and burger talk? You bros are on thin ice... I might have to report these off-topic shenanigans.

time for a spanking return party for u idiot jenna haze to spank you

2 bacon ultimate cheeseburgers, 6 tacos, 2 apple pies, 3 large fries, and 1 Diet Coke and then would make a comment about regular sodas being too fattening,
I get the "emotional" gist of these comments but, rationally, another 500 calories (assuming a large drink) is another 500 calories and 3,000 calories total is still smaller than 3,500 calories so I don't see what the real complaint is. Heck, at least the tacos and burgers have some nutritional value but you can't even say that much for the 500 calories worth of soda.

I get the "emotional" gist of these comments but, rationally, another 500 calories (assuming a large drink) is another 500 calories and 3,000 calories total is still smaller than 3,500 calories so I don't see what the real complaint is. Heck, at least the tacos and burgers have some nutritional value but you can't even say that much for the 500 calories worth of soda.
Obvious Man says: the problem is that these people seem to be thinking that saving the 500 calories from the soda (not pop!) will save them from becoming even more obese from the 3000 calorie "meals".

why burggeres how bout bbq or hot dogs nowthat yummy wait we talking bout food i hate mexiccan food except churros

You're using logic in an illogical statement. Stop it.

Yeah, I really want that Namco bundle as well. Besides, although I'm somewhat interested in the Pac Man game, what I really want the bundle for is Enslaved.
Deals seem to be good till the 27th... Maybe will know about a NAMCO bundle before then. (And what we really want in a NAMCO bundle is Soul Caliber.)

Also, speaking of too many Calories... Gametap has The Pac-Man All You Can Eat Edition on sale too... (33% off)

Ehhh no. If you're truly worried about gaining weight from drinking soda, or want to lose weight so you don't order soda, it's not "rational" to

1. Eat fast food at all
  2. If you're forced to eat fast food, order 2 bacon cheeseburgers and a bunch of tacos and apple pies
  3. Then try to justify it by saying you got a diet soda and that the food actually has nutritional value
It just doesn't make sense. You're either not committed to losing weight, extremely uneducated, or in denial if this is your approach. If they have to have fast food, there are plenty of options that can fill them up that can cut out calories...like a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, or like, don't get bacon on your cheeseburger. Or order one cheeseburger instead of two, or 3 tacos instead of 6. There's no need to eat 3,000 calories of food - 1,000 more than the recommended value per day - in a single meal. It takes 3,500 calories to burn/gain a pound. If they're trying to lose weight, they're doing a really crappy job by putting on nearly a pound in one meal.

Obvious man says: the problem is that these people seem to be thinking that saving the 500 calories from the soda (not pop!) will save them from becoming even more obese from the 3000 calorie "meals".
It will save them from being as obese as they would from a 3,500 calorie "meal".

Cutting off your hand might be stupid but that doesn't mean cutting off your arm at the elbow isn't stupider.

It just doesn't make sense. You're either not committed to losing weight, extremely uneducated, or in denial if this is your approach.
Who says they're committed to losing weight? The irony is that if they ordered a giant Coke, no one would blink. They dare to make it a diet soda and people start going ape about it (not particularly here, just that the "Five burgers and a diet coke" tripe is a common one).

It will save them from being as obese as they would from a 3,500 calorie "meal".

Cutting off your hand might be stupid but that doesn't mean cutting off your arm at the elbow isn't stupider.
True, but both of them are pretty stupid and, in the end, the difference is small enough not to matter. It's the irony (and stupidity) of the situation that everyone's pointing out (says Super Obvious Man!)

Ever heard of IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros)? You can still eat fast food and lose weight with a proper planned diet.
I have a feeling whoever was ordering 2 bacon cheeseburgers, six tacos, and two apple pies weren't properly planning anything. IIFYM is based around the simple (and essentially true) premise of you gain or lose weight simply by how many calories you ingest, not what you eat to get there. As I mentioned above, ingesting 3,000 calories in one meal is not adhering to any diet anywhere. You are literally put on a pound eating that meal.

Who says they're committed to losing weight? The irony is that if they ordered a giant Coke, no one would blink. They dare to make it a diet soda and people start going ape about it (not particularly here, just that the "Five burgers and a diet coke" tripe is a common one).
Pretty much they did:

osted Today, 10:48 AM

sunasun, on 21 Jan 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

2 bacon ultimate cheeseburgers, 6 tacos, 2 apple pies, 3 large fries, and 1 Diet Coke and then would make a comment about regular sodas being too fattening,

If you're worried about your soda being too fattening, why aren't you worried about the bacon cheeseburgers, tacos, apple pies, and fries you're about to stuff yourself with?

Technically, yes, you're right. Not drinking regular coke is less calories than if you were to drink it. I understand that.

But it still doesn't really make sense when you look at the aggregate picture. It's like saying "oh I don't want to get sick so I'll take a vitamin C tablet everyday...but I refuse to make doctor appointments, exercise, eat healthy, or wash my hands"

Ever heard of IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros)? You can still eat fast food and lose weight with a proper planned diet.
Yeah I read about this science teacher about 2 weeks ago, he ate only McDonalds for 90 days as an experiment, with a strict calorie and nutrition plan, and he lost 40+ lbs.

Ehhh no. If you're truly worried about gaining weight from drinking soda, or want to lose weight so you don't order soda, it's not "rational" to

1. Eat fast food at all
  2. If you're forced to eat fast food, order 2 bacon cheeseburgers and a bunch of tacos and apple pies
  3. Then try to justify it by saying you got a diet soda and that the food actually has nutritional value
It just doesn't make sense. You're either not committed to losing weight, extremely uneducated, or in denial if this is your approach. If they have to have fast food, there are plenty of options that can fill them up that can cut out calories...like a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, or like, don't get bacon on your cheeseburger. Or order one cheeseburger instead of two, or 3 tacos instead of 6. There's no need to eat 3,000 calories of food - 1,000 more than the recommended value per day - in a single meal. It takes 3,500 calories to burn/gain a pound. If they're trying to lose weight, they're doing a really crappy job by putting on nearly a pound in one meal.
At what point did drinking diet soda ever indicate somebody was actually on a diet?

But it still doesn't really make sense when you look at the aggregate picture. It's like saying "oh I don't want to get sick so I'll take a vitamin C tablet everyday...but I refuse to make doctor appointments, exercise, eat healthy, or wash my hands"
Sure, but the answer isn't to yell at them for taking a vitamin C tablet and calling them stupid for doing so.

At what point did drinking diet soda ever indicate somebody was actually on a diet?

you don't make a comment about that if you're not at least moderately concerned about your weight/diet.

And my comments aren't just about this specific instance, I've seen people who truly want to lose weight do this same thing. It's also just that the comment is completely out of place given the rest of the order. The coke is probably the thing on there with the least calories.

Sure, but the answer isn't to yell at them for taking a vitamin C tablet and calling them stupid for doing so.
They're not stupid for doing one thing right, they're stupid for doing one thing right and thinking it's going to matter in the grand scheme of things. That's my point. Changing the one choice while ignoring the others makes such an insubstantial contribution that it's worthless.

A 500 calorie soda a day is a pound a week.

I would consider that a not insignificant difference.
And the two cheeseburgers, six tacos, and 2 apple pies that equal over 3,000 calories is 21,000 calories a week, or about six pounds. So great, you gained six pounds instead of seven. In the long run, yeah, that's an extremely insignificant difference, because you can refrain from drinking regular coke all you want, you'll still become obese and open yourself up to problems like diabetes and heart disease. Statistically it's not an insignificant difference, in real life circumstances, yes, it is.

Pretend I found a really good duh.gif and posted it on this line.

edit: this was meant as sarcasm. i don't really believe linking the word diet to diet is proof of the existence of a diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back