CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 4 will be very difficult to play, with the old ass controls. I tried going back to 5 last year and could not deal with it. And it's going to have a hard time living up to the Wii edition which I feel was the definitive version of RE4. So I'm probably gonna wait for $5.

I didn't, I played it on Gamecube and then on Wii and even beat it on Pro difficulty. Must have beat it at least 4 times.
Yeah I agree, the Wii version was great. PS3 version was a bit crappy, they fuck ed up the audio making it muffled. Not sure if the same applied to the 360. I guess there's no need for you to rebuy it then if you've played it on the Wii.

Well I would rebuy it for the good graphics.

Not sure I'll ever play Hitman Absolution again but I've had the 4 outfits on my wishlist forever and I can get them now for 76 cents. Or the DLC bundle that has the 4 costumes plus 4 guns I don't own for $1.29. :whistle2:k  Too bad that DLC collection isn't on sale at Gamefly.

Wise words Mr Squirrel. I'm trying to lose weight too... and fast food was definitely a huge problem. I'm eliminating it from my diet completely.
A lot of people have this mindset that to lose weight, you have to stop eating fast food completely. You may end up with binge eating if you craved too much for them. One fast food meal a week or an ice-cream a day will not hinder your weight loss progress as long as your daily macros and calories intake are planned while keeping you sane.

Fats are calorie dense so they are often overlooked when people work out their diet plan but fats are just as important as proteins and carbohydrates. There are nutrients that requires the presence of dietary fat in order to get absorbed by the body, the only type of fat you should avoid is trans fat.

Well I would rebuy it for the good graphics.

Not sure I'll ever play Hitman Absolution again but I've had the 4 outfits on my wishlist forever and I can get them now for 76 cents. Or the DLC bundle that has the 4 costumes plus 4 guns I don't own for $1.29. :whistle2:k Too bad that DLC collection isn't on sale at Gamefly.
You're gonna play the Contracts mode? None of the DLC works in the campaign mode. I skipped on the DLC, knowing that.

A lot of people have this mindset that to lose weight, you have to stop eating fast food completely. You may end up with binge eating if you craved too much for them. One fast food meal a week or an ice-cream a day will not hinder your weight loss progress as long as your daily macros and calories intake are planned while keeping you sane.

Fats are calorie dense so they are often overlooked when people work out their diet plan but fats are just as important as proteins and carbohydrates. There are nutrients that requires the presence of dietary fat in order to get absorbed by the body, the only type of fat you should avoid is trans fat.
saturated fat is typically something you don't want to overdo either. I think alot of people avoid the fast food and ice cream because, like you said, you might end up binge eating. It's easier for most people to abstain a desirable activity than it is to engage in moderation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

You're gonna play the Contracts mode? None of the DLC works in the campaign mode. I skipped on the DLC, knowing that.
Contracts is fun if you really enjoy the game.

I think 4 will be very difficult to play, with the old ass controls. I tried going back to 5 last year and could not deal with it. And it's going to have a hard time living up to the Wii edition which I feel was the definitive version of RE4. So I'm probably gonna wait for $5.
I played it last Sep./Oct. and it was really interesting getting used to the control scheme again. I'd be interested in seeing if they implement functional m&kb controls, but seeing as I have it retail, I'll likely wait for a price drop as well.

Eating fast food with any intention to lose weight seems really uncommitted to me. I cut it out pretty much entirely (and continue to do so) about two years ago when I decided I didn't want to be a fatso for my whole life, and I've never felt better for it. I also discovered that eating the same amount of calories of whole foods almost always winds up being far far more filling and satisfying (look at a 400 calorie hamburger, then a 400 calorie chicken breast, it's kinda crazy).

All I'm saying is, from personal experience, you need to commit if you want to lose weight. Don't expect swapping one or two foods out for lower calorie versions to help if you're still eating a ton of crap, and if you just try to drastically cut calories while still eating lousy food you will feel terrible the whole time and wind up slacking off.

Eat healthy food, learn to exercise, and adopt a decent mindset; being in shape is really a lot easier than people make it out to be.
I did the same thing about 2 years ago myself and I'm all the better for it now. Eliminated all fast food & trans fats, any soda whatsoever, no foods/drinks with HFCS and most artificial sweeteners, and just ate smart with a plan & exercised. Moderation is key along with a good balance without over consuming. I prepare/cook 90% of the meals I eat, which has helped in not only educating about nutrition but can be more cost effective and a good skillset to learn as well.

Not that I was ever fat or overweight before (maybe headed that way though), but just felt laggy and less energetic. Plus diabetes runs in my family like so many others and preventional measures can help.
I dropped from 205 to 165, but the one thing that rarely gets mentioned is all the new clothes you have to buy or get tailored again. Good grief. Even then, if that's the one drawback it's still completely worth it.

Most of this discussion is fundamentally flawed... you're criticizing someone of drinking artificially sweetened water when they could be drinking sugar water like the Gods the Marketers intended.

I don't drink soda often but when I do, I choose diet soda (if not available, I'll usually pass). I'd rather apply those calories to a biscuit or a pint.
Yup. If I'm going to have one of the two unhealthier beverages I'm choosing a tasty pint a hundred times out of hundred. Craft beers are my only remaining weakness. So damn good. :drool:

I don't know how you managed to go so long without playing RE4. I loved them all for different reasons. RE4 for gameplay/story, RE 5 and 6 for co-op, and RE:R for the story, setting, and mod system. RE4 is the most balanced out of those, I would give it a chance.

I'll probably end up buying RE4 again on Steam, even after owning it on Gamecube, Wii, and PS3..
I'm damn excited RE4 has a Steam version now and in HD. I setup my old Gamecube for fun over the Holidays and I just couldn't get over the video quality of RE4. I've become too much of a videophile lately and some of those older games make my eyes hurt.

SR4 Childs Play DLC was removed from the Steam store. You can still get it from Amazon, but it'll probably be removed from there soon as well.

I played K&L1 last year, in coop. I'd have to google to guess what USB issue you're complaining about.

The save system for coop, is a bit unpolished, so I was robbed of my completion achieve.
Basically the game would become incredibly unstable due to an audio issue. Some sounds kept repeating over and over, and eventually the audio driver for the game crashed.

The solution? Unplug USB devices from your computer. Yes, really. It's an absolutely BONEHEADED solution, especially considering that so many folks use USB for everything. And they've never fixed it.

I played K&L1 last year, in coop. I'd have to google to guess what USB issue you're complaining about.

The save system for coop, is a bit unpolished, so I was robbed of my completion achieve.
Don't you mean you played K&L2 in co-op? K&L1 has no online co-op, and you played K&L2 with me.

Basically the game would become incredibly unstable due to an audio issue. Some sounds kept repeating over and over, and eventually the audio driver for the game crashed.

The solution? Unplug USB devices from your computer. Yes, really. It's an absolutely BONEHEADED solution, especially considering that so many folks use USB for everything. And they've never fixed it.
Similar issue with F.E.A.R. in that I had to disable the HID Joystick part of my G13 to get the frame rate above 7.

Unplugging USB stuff... sounds familiar. I can't remember which games though.

Don't you mean you played K&L2 in co-op? K&L1 has no online co-op, and you played K&L2 with me.
Ah yeah right. and K&L1 doesn't have steam achievements. But I did make a point of playing K&L1 before K&L2.

saturated fat is typically something you don't want to overdo either. I think alot of people avoid the fast food and ice cream because, like you said, you might end up binge eating. It's easier for most people to abstain a desirable activity than it is to engage in moderation.
A new study in 2010 actually shows that eating less saturated fats does not result in lower rates of heart diseases although given a choice, I would prefer polyunsaturated fat like omega-3. Intake of CoQ10 also helps to prevent heart failure if one is concerned about too much saturated fats intake. It is best if a person can completely give up fast food but to engage in moderation is still fine, afterall where is the joy in life if we can't eat something tasty once in a while? :mrgreen:

The keyword is balance, excessive consumption of any macronutrient is never a good thing.

Unplugging USB stuff... sounds familiar. I can't remember which games though.

Ah yeah right. and K&L1 doesn't have steam achievements. But I did make a point of playing K&L1 before K&L2.
I've always had to unplug extra USB shit, even my keyboard and mouse, when playing the Prototype games. fucking ridiculous.

Speaking of mices, the new RE4 looks nice, but I'm concerned they haven't specifically stated "will now support a fucking mouse for aiming" unlike the last PC iteration.

Flying Bundle 5 is now live. 8 games for $3.

1. BasketBelle (Greenlight and Desura)
  2. Booster Trooper (Steam)
  3. CreaVures (Steam)
  4. Gish (Steam)
  5. Gravity Badgers (Steam and Desura)
  6. Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders ... (Steam)
  7. POP: Methodology Experiment One (Greenlight and Desura)
  8. Mystery Game
I really want Hamlet, and while I'm kinda interested in Basketbelle and Booster Troopers it isn't enough so to grab it. Anyone ends up with an extra Hamlet, though, and I'd be willing to take it off of your hands.

You can actually get JASF for a dollar cheaper before and after the week long deals, some people got the 90% off coupon for JASF when they crafted a set of cards.

ZggTc9h.jpg
None in the trade thread. I checked. Anyone have one of these coupons?

I really want Gish from the Flying Bundle but I'm not sure I want anything else from it.
Hmmm.

The most recent study I saw on saturated fat is that it isn't actually proven to be that bad. Group that cut saturated fat had no better heart health, no better cholesterol, etc. Obviously, still don't go out and eat a ton of it.

In general, I just prefer fresher foods. Not that I don't eat junk.

Edit: iSierra beat me to it.

Great scott! I just realised Hitman: Contracts is back on steam!

Sadly it's still not included in the Hitman Collection bundle. That's a shame...

SR4 Childs Play DLC was removed from the Steam store. You can still get it from Amazon, but it'll probably be removed from there soon as well.
Tempted but it's been close to $1 when on sale before and I have a sneaking suspicion it may make it into a GOTY/Gold/Platinum/whatever bundle at some point.

Weight loss BS:
Since we're talking about this anyway - I've been trying to lose weight recently after basically paying very little concern to my health my entire life. And honestly - it's not easy. I am basically hungry all the time and it really sucks. :lol: But I am sticking with it, trying to eat better. Fast food is out, so are soda and lemonade (we always have lemonade in the house...) and I don't really miss them. But damn do I get hungry in the middle of the day.

My main motivation is just that it sucks not being able to do stuff I want to do. All my biggest hobbies involve sitting down and that's probably not gonna change, but when it comes to things like going to concerts or conventions, I can barely manage because my back, legs and feet start to hurt. I'm 25 now and I ain't getting any younger so I figured it's time to do something about it, or at least try.

Thanks for reading, hope it wasn't TMI. If anybody has any suggestions for dealing with that nagging hunger I'd love to hear it. ;)

Steam BS:

I'm kinda excited to hear about that new version of RE4. It seems to be one of those games with so many ports and versions and nobody seems to agree which one is best, so hopefully this will be the definitive release. (Said the guy who owns it on PS2 and Wii, both sealed...)

Great scott! I just realised Hitman: Contracts is back on steam!

Sadly it's still not included in the Hitman Collection bundle. That's a shame...
It is included, it's just not in the publicly available collection yet. There's a "January 2011" collection that includes it, but it's not for sale yet.

Edit:

Speaking of, anyone know how to get Hitman Absolution Sniper Challenge?

About 2 years ago I did a drastic change in my diet just to become healthier, not necessarily to lose weight. I cut out gluten, sugar, so many things... cow dairy. I kept that up for a year and after 6+ months I suddenly started losing a lb every 2 days for several weeks, lost almost 20 lbs, with zero exercise, and then stopped. I stayed at that weight ever since until the recent holidays when I gained back 5 lbs. I've slacked off and gave up the diet for the last year, but I should really get back. It was good for me. I still eat healthy but not to such a strict degree.

Claustrophobia, Hero Siege, and Love were in the IR Debut Bundle 8.. pretty cool to see a recent bundle have 3 greenlit titles, and I'm sure One Way Heroics will get greenlit in the next batch. I'm actually surprised it wasn't greenlit in this one.

EDIT: Didn't realize One Way Heroics was greenlit 2 weeks ago.

50 titles greenlit today.
Is it just me or does most of this look terrible? I think they need to go back to greenlighting 100 games at a time--that way at least a few decent titles will slip through with the chaff.

And MorphVOX? Really?! Now you've annoyed me, Valve; here's 8 things that should have been on that list (and Deadly Premonition):

bLQLdwZ.png

The first episode of AR-K is free on desura.

Block Story was in Indie Royale Debut 4 Bundle and Flying New Year Bundle.

Love, Hero Siege and Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle was in Indie Royale Debut 8 Bundle.

Inverto was from Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 4.

Weight loss BS:
Since we're talking about this anyway - I've been trying to lose weight recently after basically paying very little concern to my health my entire life. And honestly - it's not easy. I am basically hungry all the time and it really sucks. :lol: But I am sticking with it, trying to eat better. Fast food is out, so are soda and lemonade (we always have lemonade in the house...) and I don't really miss them. But damn do I get hungry in the middle of the day.

My main motivation is just that it sucks not being able to do stuff I want to do. All my biggest hobbies involve sitting down and that's probably not gonna change, but when it comes to things like going to concerts or conventions, I can barely manage because my back, legs and feet start to hurt. I'm 25 now and I ain't getting any younger so I figured it's time to do something about it, or at least try.

Thanks for reading, hope it wasn't TMI. If anybody has any suggestions for dealing with that nagging hunger I'd love to hear it. ;)
Try almonds. Probably about 1/4 cup.

And Snake Eyes posted something and deleted. But I don't actually get what's bad about gluten, unless you have celiac's.

Not that I was ever fat or overweight before (maybe headed that way though), but just felt laggy and less energetic. Plus diabetes runs in my family like so many others and preventional measures can help. I dropped from 205 to 165, but the one thing that rarely gets mentioned is all the new clothes you have to buy or get tailored again. Good grief. Even then, if that's the one drawback it's still completely worth it.
Huh?

Is it just me or does most of this look terrible? I think they need to go back to greenlighting 100 games at a time--that way at least a few decent titles will slip through with the chaff.

And MorphVOX? Really?! Now you've annoyed me, Valve; here's 8 things that should have been on that list (and Deadly Premonition):

bLQLdwZ.png
It was last week at the Steam Dev Days conference , one of the discussions was valve looking to do away with Greenlight so this could be the last batch (which I hope not).

I want that Wildlife Park 2 - Ultimate Edition, nothing beats having your own Jurassic Park on steam. :D/

At this point Greenlight is a wasteland. Even most of the suggestions of "this should've been greenlit instead" are pretty dire. The only thing notable in the last couple batches have been Japanese stuff and kickstarters (which really, probably should not need to go through it provided their goal is not like 5 dollars).

I mean the last batch had a game that had a failed indiegogo campaign that managed like 150 dollars. The system is broken and Valve, at least in the press, seems to know it.

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=WjObpd5U33U
I read the article on Ars earlier, it didn't get into that much. It's shady. It's done by those shady folks in marketing. The two things that stood out for me was the contract stipulated that the pay-for-placement couldn't be disclosed and that supposedly MS's total payout was capped under $4 thousand dollars which seemed incredibly cheap (in the bad sense).

I really can't be arsed to watch videos of stuff that should be written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back