CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Fox: Of those two I'd go with the MSI. That said, if you're fine with waiting I'd just save up maybe $200 and in a few months the Nvidia 760 series (and their AMD equivalents) should be that or lower.  Especially when the 800 series comes out.  IMO, it's not really worth spending the money now.

So, I know we have a PC Forum, but no one checks it so I think I'll ask you nerds here.

I bought a new case to move all my old components and I have a GTX 460 768MB. Unfortunately, since it has the power connectors at the top, the case won't close! I plan to run it as is for now, but am going to order a new one eventually since I want my case to close eventually.

).
I check it... Once or twice a month.

I would go with waiting for the 7770 also... and keep an eye on 7790 prices. Sometimes a deal comes that puts components normally out of your price range right smack dab within it.

Time for giveaways Part 1, Round 2! Please see my original post here.

To recap the rules:

1. You must have joined CAG prior to December 2013 (added this for clarity).

2. You must be known to me and a regular contributor to this thread.

(If you don't qualify for the above, I will be doing a giveaway later in the week that everybody is eligible for.)

3. One game per person.

4. Quote this post and PM me - games gifted first come, first served.

The games:

Bioshock Infinite - to Cheaplikeafox

La-Mulana (Steam gift) - to MysterD

Two Worlds II + DLC - to Tjee and tsubasa2oo2

Crusader Kings 2 - to Trusti Mutsi

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare - to pasports

That's it, go nuts!

To recap the rules:

(If you don't qualify for the above, I will be doing a giveaway later in the week that everybody is eligible for.)

3. One game per person.

The games:

Bioshock Infinite

La-Mulana (Steam gift)

Mirror’s Edge (Steam or Origin, your preference)

F.E.A.R. 2

Two Worlds II + DLC

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare

Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!

To recap the rules:

3. One game per person.

The games:

Bioshock Infinite

La-Mulana (Steam gift)

F.E.A.R. 2

Two Worlds II + DLC

Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
Quoted and PMed! Thanks either way.

To recap the rules:

3. One game per person.

The games:

Bioshock Infinite

La-Mulana (Steam gift)

F.E.A.R. 2

Two Worlds II + DLC

Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
Bioshock Infinite, plox?

To recap the rules:

3. One game per person.

The games:

Bioshock Infinite - to Cheaplikeafox

La-Mulana (Steam gift)

F.E.A.R. 2

Two Worlds II + DLC

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare - to pasports

Crusader Kings 2

That's it, go nuts!
Quote!

I'm hosting a much less impressive giveaway here. If you want any of these shoot me a PM...

Steam

Aztaka - gone - oman19

King's Bounty: Legions True Tactician Ultimate Pack - gone - cyrus

Two Brothers - gone - IceT BoDragon15

Tales of Maj'Eyal - gone -  Preedatore

Desura

Millennium - A New Hope

Laxius Force

Bioshock Infinite, plox?
You didn't PM me, dude! Anyway, the Fox was indeed first - nearly instantaneous!

dont worry the 2k humble bundle is right around the corner
That might be the first time I have literally laughed out loud at my computer monitor while reading CAG.

You missed the part where it said only to a good non-critical home.

Anyway, thanks so much for B:I Cyrus386!
You're welcome. And you all are cracking me up tonight. It would be worth it just for the laughs alone.

I PM'ed after the quote, I just got out-spoder'ed.  'kay, now someone go buy me BI so I can review it properly.

Just kidding.  I couldn't abide by anyone paying more than $2.50 for it.

I'm hosting a much less impressive giveaway here. If you want any of these shoot me a PM...

Steam

Aztaka

King's Bounty: Legions True Tactician Ultimate Pack

Two Brothers

Tales of Maj'Eyal

Desura

Millennium - A New Hope

Laxius Force
I'll take King's Bounty, hahaha!

I PM'ed after the quote, I just got out-spoder'ed. 'kay, now someone go buy me BI so I can review it properly.

Just kidding. I couldn't abide by anyone paying more than $2.50 for it.
I will seriously buy you a copy if you promise to stop jinxing all the damn Humble Bundles. :D

I'm sorry, I can't make that promise. I tell you what: if it's ever in the Humble 2K Bundle you can give me your extra copy.

Seriously, though, don't waste your money buying me a copy.

You didn't PM me, dude! Anyway, the Fox was indeed first - nearly instantaneous!

That might be the first time I have literally laughed out loud at my computer monitor while reading CAG.

You're welcome. And you all are cracking me up tonight. It would be worth it just for the laughs alone.
Fox took out his GPU so that his PC could focus its CPU to respond to CAG giveaways ASAP, sly fox :whistle2:

So from what I read the 7770 is probably a lot better? But the R7 240 isn't horrible?

I know my card is like 3+ years old so would even the R7 240 be a big improvement over it?

And do any of you guys have any other recommendations for something under $100? I obviously don't expect to play the latest and greatest. Only requirement is to either be low profile or have the power connectors on the side (not the top).
That 7770 will approximately equal your 460 in performance. That R7 240 will be a good deal less than half as powerful as either. Not really a good option.

With a rebate and sale, you can probably do better than a 7770 at your price point. A 7850 or 7790 should be possible, or from NVidia a 650 Ti boost. The 7770 was on sale in the $70 range as early as late 2012 to put prices in perspective.

Agreed with gilby, you're basically just buying a side-grade which is sort of a waste of money.

Multiple edits -- you need a micro card?  I'll try to do some fishing.

Why the poop are you spending money on such a weak ass card, do you only play 2D point and click adventure games and peggle? Raise your budget, unless you just really don't need better.

You could go second hand also and get something beefier for cheap.

Steam

Aztaka - gone - oman19

Tales of Maj'Eyal - gone - Preedatore

Desura

Millennium - A New Hope

Laxius Force
Ty Mindriot for Aztaka.

Paying it forward as well.

Here is a steamgifts giveaway. I'll make it for the BGCQ steam group first to see if any regs wants it. Enjoy!

Ty Mindriot for Aztaka.

Paying it forward as well.

Here is a steamgifts giveaway. I'll make it for the BGCQ steam group first to see if any regs wants it. Enjoy!

can sumbuddy invite me to this bgcq group? it'd be nice to be in a chat where the predominate topic isnt spanks

(mostly) Steam bundle games drop, first come/serve PMs and one per user.

Little Inferno

Laxius Force (Desura)

Taken:

Greed Corp MinDRIoT

Gemini Rue Captain Urahara

Machinarium MysterD

Faerie Solitaire - oman19

Multimedia Fusion 2 soulkyo

Papo y Yo SandOfThym

Steam

Aztaka - gone - oman19
Tales of Maj'Eyal - gone - Preedatore

Desura

Millennium - A New Hope
Laxius Force
If you still have it I'll take two brothers, please

this is the raggin pussy jfool bAARNEY  
644728_3692371023410_2096591432_n.jpg
that how he look 

That 7770 will approximately equal your 460 in performance. That R7 240 will be a good deal less than half as powerful as either. Not really a good option.

With a rebate and sale, you can probably do better than a 7770 at your price point. A 7850 or 7790 should be possible, or from NVidia a 650 Ti boost. The 7770 was on sale in the $70 range as early as late 2012 to put prices in perspective.
What would you make of like this:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R7-250-vs-Radeon-HD-7770

They say too close to call, but then in the individual comparisons it looks like 7770 is a lot better? And what about something like a 6570 or GT 630?

Agreed with gilby, you're basically just buying a side-grade which is sort of a waste of money.

Multiple edits -- you need a micro card? I'll try to do some fishing.
I don't necessarily need a micro card. Mine fits, but then when I put in the 6 pin plugs at the top - it no longer fits. So it can take a full size card as long as the 6-pin plugs are on the side of the card, not the top.

I don't necessarily need a micro card. Mine fits, but then when I put in the 6 pin plugs at the top - it no longer fits. So it can take a full size card as long as the 6-pin plugs are on the side of the card, not the top.
How much room do you have? Something like this help? (Though, I think I could make a better one myself.) You could also desolder the connector, straighten the pins (and cut them down even) and resolder so it comes off the card perpendicular.

Edit: And regarding the new card choices. I've found that unless you're talking about at least a differential of 25% FPS, the difference is minimal enough to pick based on something other than performance.

How much room do you have? Something like this help? (Though, I think I could make a better one myself.) You could also desolder the connector, straighten the pins (and cut them down even) and resolder so it comes off the card perpendicular.
Unfortunately, I don't have even that. The plastic part that protrudes from the 6 Pin connector is the part in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back