CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be that guy and say...if KoA can be 70% off, it can be 75% off later. I've waited this long.
Part of me is afraid this is the only time it will go on sale, or maybe EA will even pull it from Steam at some point.

Do I buy it now, or wait for a possibly cheaper sale? Grr...

That KoA weapon pack looks pretty cool, but don't forget you have very limited storage in this game, I think your chest is 150 items max, so you're gonna probably wind up having to throw out a lot of those items they want you to pay for. Really unfortunate thing about the game, they have all these cool unique armor sets but only have space to keep a few.

I'm going to be that guy and say...if KoA can be 70% off, it can be 75% off later. I've waited this long.
Pretty sure KOA was $4 and Complete was $8ish on one of the voucher sites already. Yeah, it would have been Origin, but that's a pretty hefty Steam Tax.

That KoA weapon pack looks pretty cool, but don't forget you have very limited storage in this game, I think your chest is 150 items max, so you're gonna probably wind up having to throw out a lot of those items they want you to pay for. Really unfortunate thing about the game, they have all these cool unique armor sets but only have space to keep a few.
The armor is good early on, but get's outclassed fairly quick. Or so everything I've read on the matter has said since I don't actually play games.

Pretty sure KOA was $4 and Complete was $8ish on one of the voucher sites already. Yeah, it would have been Origin, but that's a pretty hefty Steam Tax.
GMG. That's where I got the collection for $8.

vpQZcPU.png

who will be the first to try it 

tebow or spoderman

Already have Amalur collection on Origin. Is a good game, but doesn't have anything worth the double dipping.

Have almost all splinter cell games too (minus blacklist). Conviction is very good, I enjoyed it.

I never finished Amalur, I don't know if I'll ever play it again, but with no hope of a sale for so long... and now 70%, I think I'm gonna buy the two DLCs I've had on my wishlist for a couple of years. $2.99 x2, I've made that much on cards in the last month probably.

Yes it did have achievements, I don't know about now but it did before.
A bunch of games seem to have problems with Achievements at the moment. Saturday Morning RPG has them, but a link to view them isn't in the store page, you can only see them through the client (overlay) or your own profile.

I checked a friend's profile, and she has the game, and 21 achievements. But the achievements aren't listed until you click on "Show stats".

That said WHY THE HELL IS SPLINTER CELL BLACKIST STILL $60 AT NORMAL RETAIL PRICE?! Even the newest Assassin's Creed game has been cheaper than this! Ubisoft, you're not Actiblizzard, stop it!

Yeah, it would have been Origin, but that's a pretty hefty Steam Tax.
I agree. I bought the Amular collection on Amazon a year or so ago and have it on Origin. I don't think I will be buying it again on Steam unless a CAG resaler can sell me the game+DLC at a substantial reduction on the already 70% off price.

Haven't gotten around to the game - it looks like Fable, but with less charm and better combat. (I only like Fable because of its quaint British charm.)

The armor is good early on, but get's outclassed fairly quick. Or so everything I've read on the matter has said since I don't actually play games.

GMG. That's where I got the collection for $8.
I'd say I got it for $6 at Gamersgate with the oops discount, but that can't be true because everyone knows Gamersgate didn't have any good deals last year because of that discount.

I agree. I bought the Amular collection on Amazon a year or so ago and have it on Origin. I don't think I will be buying it again on Steam unless a CAG resaler can sell me the game+DLC at a substantial reduction on the already 70% off price.

Haven't gotten around to the game - it looks like Fable, but with less charm and better combat. (I only like Fable because of its quaint British charm.)
Steamdb seems to suggest that the game may be cheaper in Russia - and region free, too. I'm not sure, so please look into that.

http://steamdb.info/sub/14221/#section_info

Complete is 239 Rubles, which is about 6.85. Add their fees and it's closer to eight bucks...

Codemasters Weekly again.

$1-5.99: Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell DLC, Operation Flashpoint: Red River, OF: Dragon Rising, Rise of the Argonauts

$6+: Overlord II, Dirt Showdown, Dirt 3

somethings-fucky-gif.gif

Oh, and guess which was the only game I had out of the bundle ;)

Check your PM!
That is incredibly generous of you, but I was already gifted it by another great CAG earlier today. I won't be "that guy" and take an extra key... :)

Your key is still good to do with what you will!

Thanks again though!

Edit:.. lol. don't know how I can get a PM response window and a thread reply confused.. I guess it's a skill I didn't know I had. Maybe I should add it to my resume. I guess I will leave this here anyway to remind people how great and generous a community really CAG is.

Wait, was there a Humble Codemasters already? I remember the Indie Gala one, which had most of the $1 games from this bundle in its BTA tier.  :lol: (Not that anyone pays full price for Gala's of course.)

Re: Amalur - Of course the Origin version has been cheaper, but there are plenty of reasons to get the Steam version now that it's actually a viable option. and if you buy from a trader it's pretty close to historical lows anyway. Personally I probably would grab it at 75% but only because of Steambux, and even then I'd be quite tempted to get one from the trade thread instead.

Humble Bundle Weekly Codemasters... !?  Oh H|B Weekly.

This is just a recycled Indie Gala Codemasters Bundle. They've replaced Damnation, Jericho, and Fuel with DIRT 3, DIRT Showdown, and Rise of the Argonauts.

The 1st Tier + Rise of the Argonauts + OST for $1 is tempting though.

EDIT: FYI, I just bought the 1st Tier and it's one code/link for all 5 games.

Anyone have any thoughts on Splinter Cell: Conviction? Was it any good?
I completely adored Conviction, and personally consider it the best in the series (I haven't played Blacklist though). It's more action oriented than past games in the series but I think that's a good thing, since it is also easier to just play the game and not have to memorize the exact order of events required to perfectly pass a section (which was a big problem for the older games). The shooting is far more refined and it was one of the first (if not the first) to use the mark and execute system, where you build up a meter that can be used to mark enemies and pull of perfect headshots in quick succession.

It's not super long, probably around 4-5 hours on the highest difficulty, but I enjoyed every second of it and would recommend it without a second thought. If you have a friend to play with the co-op is fantastic as well and is an entirely separate story that runs alongside the campaign.

If I liked Conviction and I like the fact that Dishonored can be played 'panther-style', would anyone recommend any of the older SC's?
No, I wouldn't really. The old games are great stealth games to be sure, but they are also full of frustrating trial and error and are a lot slower paced than Conviction. The stories are also a good deal less interesting than it and tend to blur together in my mind as all being the same. I like them a lot since I'm huge on stealth games, but if your only exposure to the series has been Conviction it would probably be hard to go back.

I'd recommend checking out Hitman Absolution and Mark of the Ninja instead, if you want a quicker paced and more dynamic stealth game (both are excellent).

I completely adored Conviction, and personally consider it the best in the series (I haven't played Blacklist though). It's more action oriented than past games in the series but I think that's a good thing, since it is also easier to just play the game and not have to memorize the exact order of events required to perfectly pass a section (which was a big problem for the older games). The shooting is far more refined and it was one of the first (if not the first) to use the mark and execute system, where you build up a meter that can be used to mark enemies and pull of perfect headshots in quick succession.

It's not super long, probably around 4-5 hours on the highest difficulty, but I enjoyed every second of it and would recommend it without a second thought. If you have a friend to play with the co-op is fantastic as well and is an entirely separate story that runs alongside the campaign.

No, I wouldn't really. The old games are great stealth games to be sure, but they are also full of frustrating trial and error and are a lot slower paced than Conviction. The stories are also a good deal less interesting than it and tend to blur together in my mind as all being the same. I like them a lot since I'm huge on stealth games, but if your only exposure to the series has been Conviction it would probably be hard to go back.

I'd recommend checking out Hitman Absolution and Mark of the Ninja instead, if you want a quicker paced and more dynamic stealth game (both are excellent).
Dammit. I just shot Krugozor a PM about the SC collection. Now I gotta decide if it's really worth owning the whole collection for bragging rights when I'm only likely to play the last one. I've actually never played a Splinter Cell.

Dammit. I just shot Krugozor a PM about the SC collection. Now I gotta decide if it's really worth owning the whole collection for bragging rights when I'm only likely to play the last one. I've actually never played a Splinter Cell.
The early Splinter Cell games are pure stealth titles, while Conviction is a mile-a-minute cover shooter with some emphasis on stealth, but mostly about shooting.

Tomb Raider is getting an 1 GB update today... !!!

...but it's for Mac compatibility. :whistle2:|

Was hoping for the definitive definitive edition PC patch.

Dead Kel is pretty good. Naros is amusing but is probably accessible too early. If you do it when you encounter the area you'll probably make the already easy base game even easier (and it will probably make the areas near it feel extra quaint). They're also surprisingly big and meaty. Solid DLC all around I'd say.

I'd just resist doing Naros early, as it's encountered within like the 3rd area that you're required go to to advance the story. Hard to go from epic battles alongside talking warrior statues for the fate of their society to saving peasants from spiders.

Tomb Raider is getting an 1 GB update today... !!!

...but it's for Mac compatibility. :whistle2:|

Was hoping for the definitive definitive edition PC patch.
I read it was a French language update. I was like YES and then I was like FUUUUUU- :(

I've been reading that it changes your default language to French with no options to change it back to English, wtf?

Dead Kel is pretty good. Naros is amusing but is probably accessible too early. If you do it when you encounter the area you'll probably make the already easy base game even easier (and it will probably make the areas near it feel extra quaint). They're also surprisingly big and meaty. Solid DLC all around I'd say.
Except that it's Mooby asking so the answer is always No, don't buy it. He'll hate it.

I read it was a French language update. I was like YES and then I was like FUUUUUU- :(

I've been reading that it changes your default language to French with no options to change it back to English, wtf?
For real? Then I've been misinformed... I hate that. Language updates one doesn't need are the worst and should be optional. Grr!

Qui a besoin de mises à jour de langue quand tout ce que nous voulons vraiment, c'est le mouvement des poils plus réaliste!

[customspoiler='Translation']Who needs language updates when all we really want is more realistic hair movement![/customspoiler]

Seems like the DLC is best played after the base game so... maybe I'll give the DLC a pass for now (and in another two years time when they go on sale grab them if I enjoy base Amalur enough!).  Only thing you miss out on price-wise by skipping the collection is the horse armor DLC.  If only they price adjusted the DLC, too.

For real? Then I've been misinformed... I hate that. Language updates one doesn't need are the worst and should be optional. Grr!

Qui a besoin de mises à jour de langue quand tout ce que nous voulons vraiment, c'est le mouvement des poils plus réaliste!

[customspoiler='Translation']Who needs language updates when all we really want is more realistic hair movement![/customspoiler]
The Square developer posted and said nothing had been scheduled for today, he's looking into it. Stupid ass Steam.

They removed a ton of other languages, too. http://steamdb.info/app/203160/#section_history

Uh... is anyone else having problems connecting to Steam? The client disconnected me, this happens once in a while so I just restart the client and it works, but now it keeps saying "Connection error"...

I was in the in-client store and noticed it asked me to sign in to add to my wishlist. I didn't get any error message tho. It's working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back