CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point you ought to have "Mass Effect" tattooed across your chest and Casey Hudson in your bed. You're well past being a fanboi.
If he's only now getting to DAO I think its safe to say he wasn't a fanboi...

Granted, not sure why anyone would want to be a fanboi of Bioware anymore... Their best work is in the past.

While we have monthly mouse discussions, I don't remember any recent keyboard chatter. My current keyboard just crapped out on me. Dug out the box and was going to drag it back to Best Buy but apparently I purchased it in 2010 and my product replacement plan has long since expired.

I have become extremely fond of the optional left hand WASD layout of the Merc Stealth. Unfortunately this keyboard is no longer in production so someday in the future I will be required to re-learn traditional fingering. :oldman:

What say you, Steam "Deals" Thread? Any recommendations on replacements? My major requirements are some form of anti-ghosting (the Logitech Internet Navigator I pulled off the basement keyboard pile cannot handle simultaneous keypresses), and no excessive clackering.
If you're ready to stop buying cheap, plastic crap with obnoxious marketing and sponsorships, try a Deck. It will last a lifetime.

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/products

I think you're better off not playing it.. it's one of the worst games on Steam.
Yes, but I must have them all... at an extremely discounted rate.
I kept looking at it and thinking 'But it's cheap!' and I'm normally a GAMEZ: GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! type but I couldn't bring myself to buy Takedown, even at that price. I just couldn't.

Maybe if it was Revelations 2012 so bad it reveled in it's badness but it just sounds so bad it's skipped good and went back to bad again bad.

Well, as it turns out, I did end up doing Four in February. Two games I had started earlier than this month, but I did finish them this month.

Dishonored (awesome secret santa gift from Tsel)

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Crazy Machines

Hitman: Blood Money

Good games, all. I think I'll next be hitting Dragon Age Origins, so I likely won't be finishing anything else in February.
And to think, you almost had it sitting in your backlog over a year from getting it in the Gamersgate OOPS pack.

I might, err, know something about that. :whistle2:o

I do want to play it someday, but part of me is waiting for the DLC to go cheap, but based on Bethesda's DLC pricing policies lately hell might freeze over first.

I don't know why it took me this long to buy/play it, but I can now see what all the fuss is about. I'm officially a Bioware fanboi. I'll probably get into Awakening and the other campaigns this weekend. Mages are awesome (though I'm mage biased). I do kinda wish I upped the difficulty though. I think I could probably handle Nightmare for the most part, save for a few tough instances.
It's an amazing game, but if you want to keep feeling that way about Dragon Age and Bioware don't play the second game.

Or if you do, pretend it's called something else like The Kirkwall Adventures: Press a Button and Something Awesome Happens.

And to think, you almost had it sitting in your backlog over a year from getting it in the Gamersgate OOPS pack.
Almost. I'm not sure I would have gotten to it yet had I ended up with it then. I decided to install and play it specifically because I did get it in the secret santa.

I keep hearing chatter about Revelations 2012, which lest we forget is infinitely superior to Titanfall in every conceivable way, yet I don't see anybody planning some co-op events.

Make it happen, EarthboundX5*

:whee:

* - when you read this. In a week's time. Probably.

How badly you want the game is important....there are definitely exceptions. I'm willing to pay both my testicles if that's what it takes to get Dark Souls 2.
Man, I've heard of shady Russian sellers, but, wow, testicles for games? Is there some odd, testicle-collecting oil baron living in a mansion outside of St. Petersburg?!

It's an amazing game, but if you want to keep feeling that way about Dragon Age and Bioware don't play the second game.

Or if you do, pretend it's called something else like The Kirkwall Adventures: Press a Button and Something Awesome Happens.
Well, I still have high hopes for Inquisition. Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but I'm hoping BioWare learned from the harsh (and I mean harsh) criticism that DA2 got from the PC (and even console) fanbase. As decent as DA2 was as a game, I'm clinging to the idea that BioWare is committed to making a genuine sequel to DA:O this time around.

Man, I've heard of shady Russian sellers, but, wow, testicles for games? Is there some odd, testicle-collecting oil baron living in a mansion outside of St. Petersburg?!

Well, I still have high hopes for Inquisition. Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but I'm hoping BioWare learned from the harsh (and I mean harsh) criticism that DA2 got from the PC (and even console) fanbase. As decent as DA2 was as a game, I'm clinging to the idea that BioWare is committed to making a genuine sequel to DA:O this time around.
i know russin guy i know a guy who know russian on steam but right now the guy nome is mutant he prolly sold his tesitcle his absenceh he

Hopefully... I would love to hear that Inquisition is awesome (I know I won't be there day 1, which would be the first Bioware title since... ah, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (if I don't have to count an MMO, and if I don't have to count Sonic than MDK) so we are talking about a long time now... But I just don't trust them. There heart and soul is gone. No way they would have released the original ME3 ending in their heyday. (Sorry, I'm not trying to bring it up.)

Anyhow, changing subjects...

I've been playing Diablo III, I mentioned it briefly in the Amazon thread but since I sort of consider this the main thread I'll mention it here also... Its actually a pretty fun game... If one forgets that its suppose to be Diablo. If it had another name and was just suppose to be in Diablo's genre I think it would be well received and beloved. As is, after one act (I think), feels like the soul is still missing. Though it felt a bit better when Town Portal was introduced and items I couldn't use till I identified them. (Granted, you don't have to pay for the ID so it still feels a bit off.)

But my biggest grip is the always connected... Not much of a surprise I know but after spending quite a bit of money in Marvel Heroes, and the fact that Marvel Heroes is always on, I wasn't expecting such a complaint... but here it is Monday late night/Tuesday early morning, now just morning, and its been down this entire time... Apparently, Blizzard does maintenance on Valve/Blizzard time... I know Gazillion (Marvel Heroes) does patches and preformed maintenance in 2-4 hours. (Its just insane if you ask me.)

Anyhow, Tuesday morning is my big gaming day... So I guess this will always hamper my love for Diablo III...

That said... I played some Loadout last night. Its pretty awesome truth be told.

Are there actually any thread regulars* who haven't gotten the BL2 Valentine's Day DLC?  Just got my keys from GameAgent last night.

*(If you have to ask, you're not)

Are there actually any thread regulars* who haven't gotten the BL2 Valentine's Day DLC? Just got my keys from GameAgent last night.

Yeah, I didn't get mine. I doubt I will at this point. I had a ton of trouble even getting to the site, then I gave up & tried again the next morning. I got my "order" through just before they switched over to the "we're out of keys" message.

If I get it, I get it, if I don't .. well I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.

I burnt out on BL a bit on the second playthrough, just after starting the Pirates Booty DLC.

I love the BL franchise ... I HATE having to play through the campaign to get to TVH, UVH mode. I just want to play the game once Gearbox. Thanks.

Are there actually any thread regulars* who haven't gotten the BL2 Valentine's Day DLC? Just got my keys from GameAgent last night.

yes it crahsh and burn i never felt like isgning up so yea i dont bother waintg for bl2 compllete editon with all dlc inccluded skisn everythin for 10-12 bucks

How badly you want the game is important....there are definitely exceptions. I'm willing to pay both my testicles if that's what it takes to get Dark Souls 2.
Unfortunately, it was Titanfall ... I just really found myself enjoying the beta for some reason. It'll probably be my guilt pleasure.

I have no idea if you people are saying you want them or not :lol:
Neither did I! :)

On another note:

So I've been playing the Titanfall beta as well.. and I pretty much love it. I'm not a big CoD or Halo guy at all.. maybe put 25 hours total into all the CoD multiplayers combined.. but something about this one.. just clicks with me.

I am reaaaally tempted to pre-order the game, but have made a deal with myself that I won't get it until I can get it for less than $40. I don't know how long it would really hold my interest, but I am having a lot of fun. (And for those of you who are dismissing this as just a frat-boy perspective.. I'm in my late 30s lol)

Me. Though I never got GameAgent to work to request one, decided to wait until traffic died down, and then saw the offer end early.

I haven't gotten the DLC but then I didn't try to "buy" it as I don't own the game so I didn't see the point. :D

It's the one year anniversary of Adult Swim Games' first steam release, Super House of Dead Ninjas. It and the DLC are 80% off for 24 hours to celebrate.

$1.39 for the game and $0.59 for the DLC.
giphy.gif

Ikaruga launches on Steam for $9.99.

No discounts, sadly, but is it worthwhile to wait?

(Price research: the lowest it's ever been digitally available (XBLA, not PC) was a week in July 2009 for 400 MSP, or $5.)
There is a high probability that the game will be in the next Groupees Let's Build a Doujin Bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back