CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to adopt a 99% black 1 1/2 year old female cat named Mayhem..? (Not her original name, nor the name we first thought about giving her when he first adopted her, but the most fitting because it was... Well, very apt because wherever she went mayhem ensued.)

I ask because I just disassemble my PC trying to diagnose an issue (thought my old Radeon 5850 video card had finally given up the ghost) when it looked like the cat only halfheartedly pulled the HDMI cable from the back of the monitor. aka it was still mostly plugged in. (It was some pretty awesome red tinted graphics, and even better looking grain, in BIOS and while windows was booting up. Once Windows was booted up there was no HDMI signal. period.)

I feel sort of like an idiot right now... but I found the story humor enough to share.... Also it helps that I don't have to go against plans right now to hold off on a new video card. (Waiting for more news/prices on the NVIDIA tech that refreshed your monitor in sync with your video card.)
Wait - you mean your Kitty isn't named Ashes?

The vocal DRM free minority must have screamed loud enough because the DRM free option is apparently back on Hero Siege.

https://twitter.com/PanicArts/status/437429725947252736

The vocal DRM free minority must have screamed loud enough because the DRM free option is apparently back on Hero Siege.

https://twitter.com/PanicArts/status/437429725947252736
Does it still have the unregistered installer program screen at the end of the process, though?

Anyone who can buy me Far Cry 1 and 2 on steam?

I'll send you a amazon gift card worth 5 bucks.

I know this is a bit late, but I was waiting to buy these games till the last minute and now I suddenly realise I detached my brother's Visa from paypal, and he's not home.

photo-484551.jpg

Mehhh...with a few minutes left, decided I'm gonna wait on Far Cry 1/2. They go on sale for 2.50 several times per year, and I doubt I would play either between now and the next sale. Who knows, maybe there will be a glitch, or there will be some bundle, yada yada yada.

Good.

He shouldn't have pulled it, since he released one in the first place!

EDIT:

Whether he'll actually support the DRM-FREE version w/ patches, DLC's, extra content, etc - given how he likes Steam's easier updating process - that's probably gonna be another story for another time. :)

Mehhh...with a few minutes left, decided I'm gonna wait on Far Cry 1/2. They go on sale for 2.50 several times per year, and I doubt I would play either between now and the next sale. Who knows, maybe there will be a glitch, or there will be some bundle, yada yada yada.
Guess I'll do the same then.

Btw, for those interested, don't even think of buying Ace Of Spades (the new daily deal), Jagex don't deserve your money for the way they screwed that lovely classic over. The original (better) one is still free at http://buildandshoot.com/

There used to be a Far Cry 1 and 2 bundle (heck their used to be a collection of 1, 2, and 3 last summer) but I don't think it was any cheaper than buying them combined. I considered Far Cry 1 but read about people having issues on modern OS and then the checkpoint system which sometimes goes 15+ minutes without saving.

Re: AssCreed -- time for a heavily discounted pack of the first few games. $5 a pop isn't wooing me!

You and I must be looking at different games then. FC1/2 Steam don't see much sale time as far as I've seen. The non-Steam versions, yeah, they seem to go on sale fairly regularly.

What the fuck is up with only one franchise a day all of a sudden...?
That's pretty common for these developer sales. What surprises me is the stuff they knew wasn't going to get a featured daily (Settlers, Shoot Many Robots, etc.) didn't get bigger discounts throughout. No one is going to budge on that fora piddly 35% off.

You and I must be looking at different games then. FC1/2 Steam don't see much sale time as far as I've seen. The non-Steam versions, yeah, they seem to go on sale fairly regularly.
Well, they're pretty much guaranteed to be $2.50 during the summer sale in another five months!

According to steamsales.rheuka.com FC2 was on sale during 2 sales in 2013 for 2.50, and 3 sales in 2012. 2-3 times a year is more than enough for me.

I have to back Passports here. FC 1/2 have been hitting $2.50 during the Steam sales since Winter 2012. Considered buying them then and didn't, and I've passed on them at the same price every time since.

I had been looking at FC2 on Steam for a while and I believe what ITAD is reporting that the last sale on the Fortune's Edition was in 2012.  I don't remember seeing it on sale at all in 2013 on Steam.  FC1 may have been on sale, but I was waiting to get them together, but there doesn't seem to be a bundle with them on Steam anymore.

IsThereAnyDerp is quite often inaccurate.  Ubisoft axed the Farcry bundles about a year or so ago for whatever reason.

Assassin's Creed Sale -> up to 75% off.

AC: Liberation HD -> 25% off = $14.99

That 1 small piece of Weapons DLC = NOT on sale at all. (full price @ $1.99)

AC4: Black Flag -> 40% off

Standard = $35.99

Gold Edition (Standard + Season Pass + More DLC + More Stuff) = $47.99

Season Pass = $11.99

Each DLC = NOT on Sale at all

Assassin's Creed 3 -> 75% off

Standard = $7.49

Deluxe (Standard + Season Pass + Extra Content + Soundtrack + George Wash Notebook PDF) = $14.99

Season Pass = $7.49

Each DLC = 75% off.

AC: Revelations -> 75% off

Gold Edition = $7.49

Standard Edition = $4.99

Each DLC = 75% off

AC: Brotherhood -> 75% off

Deluxe = $7.49

Standard = $4.99

AC2 -> 75% off

Deluxe Edition = $4.99

Upgrade to Deluxe (req. AC2 Standard [which isn't sold on Steam anymore]) = $1.24

AC1: Director's Cut -> 75% off = $4.99

Well, they picked the wrong franchises in my opinion... And should have had the dailies go for the normal 49 hours.
Agreed...but right after the promo was announced I was able to guess which franchises would be featured...Asscreed and far cry were locks. The only one that may have been up in the air was splinter cell, which could have been swapped out for PoP or Rayman, but I would've been surprised.

IsThereAnyDerp is quite often inaccurate. Ubisoft axed the Farcry bundles about a year or so ago for whatever reason.
Well, I just checked KaOTiK's posts over on anandtech and FC2FE was not part of the Summer or Winter Sales. Like I said, I just don't remember the Steam version being on sale at all in 2013.

Edit: Maybe some of the discrepancy might be vanilla vs Fortune's Edition. Didn't Steam used to offer bother versions?

Assassin's Creed Sale -> up to 75% off.

AC: Liberation HD -> 25% off = $14.99

That 1 piece of DLC = NOT on sale at all.

AC4: Black Flag -> 40% off

Standard = $35.99

Gold Edition (Standard + Season Pass + More DLC + More Stuff) = $47.99

Season Pass = $11.99

Each DLC = NOT on Sale at all

Assassin's Creed 3 -> 75% off

Standard = $7.49

Deluxe (Standard + Season Pass + Extra Content + Soundtrack + George Wash Notebook PDF) = $14.99

Season Pass = $7.49

Each DLC = 75% off.

AC: Revelations -> 75% off

Gold Edition = $7.49

Standard Edition = $4.99

Each DLC = 75% off

AC: Brotherhood -> 75% off

Deluxe = $7.49

Standard = $4.99

AC2 -> 75% off

Deluxe = $4.99

Upgrade to Deluxe (req. AC2 Standard [which isn't sold on Steam anymore]) = $1.24

AC1: Director's Cut = 75% off = $4.99
Considering buying all of the AssCreed games up to III, but I need some convincing, one way or the other. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the lowest they have been. $5 a game would be fine, but that extra $2.50 for the Deluxe editions is just enough to make me hesitate. Is the DLC worth it? And will AssCreed III probably drop to the $7.50 mark by the end of the year. I doubt I will play any of these games anyways... I have the first game (DRM-Free and 360 versions), but got bored quickly. My brother loves these games though and says they get way better.

Thoughts?

Uses both Steam and Uplay.
You might want to hold off and perhaps buy it on Amazon if it gets pricematched (So it's just Uplay).

Well, I just checked KaOTiK's posts over on anandtech and FC2FE was not part of the Summer or Winter Sales. Like I said, I just don't remember the Steam version being on sale at all in 2013.
I just checked is there any deal...it says on there that it was on sale for 2.50 july 19 2013.

I'm not sure what you're looking at...

Edit: It's a bit small, but here -
Untitled.png

Considering buying all of the AssCreed games up to III, but I need some convincing, one way or the other. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the lowest they have been. $5 a game would be fine, but that extra $2.50 for the Deluxe editions is just enough to make me hesitate. Is the DLC worth it? And will AssCreed III probably drop to the $7.50 mark by the end of the year. I doubt I will play any of these games anyways... I have the first game (DRM-Free and 360 versions), but got bored quickly. My brother loves these games though and says they get way better.

Thoughts?
I do NOT have Deluxe Ed's for AC2 + AC:B - and I thought, as they were, both were great.

So, I can't speak on extra content for those two.

AC2 took every complaint of mine in AC1's repetitive-ness & copy-and-paste missions - and chucked 'em right out the window.

AC:B basically expanded on AC2's greatness w/ the new Assassins that can help out mechanic - and it introduced a MP component to the game that somewhat said to be similar to The Ship. Frankly, I didn't touch the MP.

IMHO, I think those 2 were the best games in the series from what I've played so far in the franchise, if we're talking the SP campaigns/portions here.

I've played up to AC:R, BTW.

I have yet to touch AC3 (which I have); I don't have AC3 Season Pass;

and I have yet to purchase both AC4 + Season Pass & AC:L HD.

About AC:R: Gold Edition...

I liked it for mainly its story and wrapping-up the loose-ends w/ both the Ezio and Altair stories. Gameplay-wise, it was more of the same that AC2 + BH were doing. I really didn't care for any of the NEW stuff, either - didn't like the new tower defense missions; and didn't like Desmond's first-person Portal-like puzzles in one of the DLC's that's in the Gold Edition.

About AC3 (base game)...

I have gotten that cheaper. I bought it from GameFly w/ a voucher coupon they had for like $5.xx.

But, keep in mind - GameFly sells a NON-Steam version of that game.

Like I said - ain't played it yet.

I got pretty burned-out w/ the series, after AC:R.

AC4: Black Flag:

Can't speak on it. Want to play it, but I think I need to get through AC3 first.

Thoughts?
2 had some worthwhile DLC considering the low ass price for the upgrade, I'd upgrade that for sure if you don't have Deluxe.

Bro... not sure if you'd wanna pay 2.50 for that if you aren't a big AC fan. Single player is just 2 "areas" and an armor.

Revelations DLC is maybe not worth 2.50... It's first person platforming sequences, plus one "area" and 3 outfits, and then multiplayer shit.

AC3 DLC pissed me off, it's a decent amount of content but it's not worth your time or money. Maybe if you're a big fan. If it was only 2.50 more I might say get it. I'm sure some people may have liked it so maybe do some research.

AC4 DLC is great but I would just buy Adewale DLC alone cause the rest of the season pass is just multiplayer shit.

Uses both Steam and Uplay.
You might want to hold off and perhaps buy it on Amazon if it gets pricematched (So it's just Uplay).
Only thing is - for AC3...

While Amazon DVG does sell a AC3 (base game) UPlay-Only version...

...They DO NOT sell the AC3: Season Pass w/ UPlay-Only version.

If you want AC3: Season Pass UPlay-Only Version, you might have to get it elsewhere - i.e. Gamersgate.

Also, Amazon DVG does NOT sell a AC3: Gold Edition UPlay-Only Version.

They only sell a Steam-version of AC3: Gold.

I concur with NSE.

I really liked AC2's Templar lairs so the Deluxe version was worth it.  I didn't like ACB's Romulus Tombs as much, but I was still content.  ACR's Deluxe/DLC is complete and utter crap... it adds nothing to the core game.

Only thing is - for AC3...

While Amazon DVG does sell a AC3 (base game) UPlay-Only version...

...They DO NOT sell the AC3: Season Pass w/ UPlay-Only version.

Also, Amazon DVG does NOT sell a AC3: Gold Edition UPlay-Only Version.

They only sell a Steam-version of AC3: Gold.
Sure "it's 75% off" but it's still $15 for AC3 Deluxe... the low point of the series, and months after AC4's release...

I wanted to say that AC:B Deluxe was worth it for "The DaVinci Disappearance" DLC, but then I remembered that's a free unlock for PC users via the Uplay rewards system (it's $10 for console owners).

Also agree with NSE and 'Skitty.

Have you played AC3 + its Season Pass yet?
I played base AC3 + all of the DLC.

The trailers for the 3 episodes of The Tyranny of King Washington were good. The 3 episodes themselves were short, boring, and overall bad in my opinion. AC3 base game wasn't great overall and Connor is by far my least favorite of the assassins.

I do NOT have Deluxe Ed's for AC2 + AC:B - and I thought, as they were, both were great.

AC2 took every complaint of mine in AC1's repetitive-ness & copy-and-paste missions - and chucked 'em right out the window.

AC:B basically expanded on AC2's greatness w/ the new Assassins that can help out mechanic - and it introduced a MP component to the game that somewhat said to be similar to The Ship. Frankly, I didn't touch the MP.

IMHO, I think those 2 were the best games in the series from what I've played so far in the franchise, if we're talking the SP campaigns/portions here.

I've played up to AC:R, BTW.

I have yet to touch AC3 (which I have); I don't have AC3 Season Pass;

and I have yet to purchase both AC4 + Season Pass & AC:L HD.

About AC:R: Gold Edition...

I liked it for mainly its story and wrapping-up the loose-ends w/ both the Ezio and Altair stories. Gameplay-wise, it was more of the same that AC2 + BH were doing. I really didn't care for any of the NEW stuff, either - didn't like the new tower defense missions; and didn't like Desmond's first-person Portal-like puzzles in one of the DLC's that's in the Gold Edition.

About AC3 (base game)...

I have gotten that cheaper. I bought it from GameFly w/ a voucher coupon they had for like $5.xx.

But, keep in mind - GameFly sells a NON-Steam version of that game.

Like I said - ain't played it yet.

I got pretty burned-out w/ the series, after AC:R.

AC4: Black Flag:

Can't speak on it. Want to play it, but I think I need to get through AC3 first.

2 had some worthwhile DLC considering the low ass price for the upgrade, I'd upgrade that for sure if you don't have Deluxe.

Bro... not sure if you'd wanna pay 2.50 for that if you aren't a big AC fan. Single player is just 2 "areas" and an armor.

Revelations DLC is maybe not worth 2.50... It's first person platforming sequences, plus one "area" and 3 outfits, and then multiplayer shit.

AC3 DLC pissed me off, it's a decent amount of content but it's not worth your time or money. Maybe if you're a big fan. If it was only 2.50 more I might say get it. I'm sure some people may have liked it so maybe do some research.

AC4 DLC is great but I would just buy Adewale DLC alone cause the rest of the season pass is just multiplayer shit.
Sounds like the Deluxe versions of AC2 and ACB, and the regular version of ACR are the way to go (not interested in MP, and I could always get the Lost Archive later for the same price if I really wanted to). I think I will hold off on AC3 until it hits a lower price.

I appreciate the input everyone!

I played base AC3 + all of the DLC.

The trailers for the 3 episodes of The Tyranny of King Washington were good. The 3 episodes themselves were short, boring, and overall bad in my opinion. AC3 base game wasn't great overall and Connor is by far my least favorite of the assassins.
Yeah, I've heard the AC3 DLC's ain't so great - bleh @ another person saying it ain't so hot.

I've been holding off on buying Season Pass b/c I've heard they ain't so good.

Damn shame.

You'd think something epic-sounding like making George Washington a Tyrant would and could be freaking awesome.

EDIT:

I wanted to say that AC:B Deluxe was worth it for "The DaVinci Disappearance" DLC, but then I remembered that's a free unlock for PC users via the Uplay rewards system (it's $10 for console owners).

Also agree with NSE and 'Skitty.
Oh, yes - I just checked my UPlay account.

I also (already) redeemed DaVinci Disappearance DLC for AC:B via their UPlay Rewards system! :D

Lazy Guys' Moon Landing Bundle is $1.99 (50% off, What a Bargain!).  Steam keys for Beep, Foreign Legions something something, and Hero of the Not Siege; and some Greenlight notyetkeys.

It's the "bundle that everybody wants."

I still don't want it, which leaves me with some existential questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back