CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Popeye's

I like some of their sides (the gravy on the mash and red beans and rice) but their chicken is far from being even remotely spicy and it is overpriced.
On more than one occasion I ordered spicy from Popeye's and got regular stained with Louisiana Hot Sauce. Before I decided it wasn't worth the sodium overload, it was possible to make a cheap and shameful meal @Popeye's out of a loaded wrap, a biscuit, and a cup of ice water.

Re: Popeye's

I like some of their sides (the gravy on the mash and red beans and rice) but their chicken is far from being even remotely spicy and it is overpriced.
Best gravy ever. I'm terrified of the thought of what's actually in it. I like the chicken but I will say I've never had Church's spicy chicken so I have no frame of reference for comparison. OTOH. . .

KFC's okay I guess. The local Church's sucks. They give really small chicken portions for some reason. I do like their biscuits.
I agree that Church's has great biscuits. Although I think this place has the best biscuits ever.

I like KFC food generally but they make too much weird shit like those "bowls." Apparently Americans think it's wonderful to take a meal and put it in a blender because, hey, flavors and stuff are overrated. My dad used to do this sort of thing when I was growing up and it was quite nauseating to watch; for all I know, they got the idea from him.

seppuku or he doesn't mean it.

seppuku-o.gif

I'm really tired of clueless devs signing contracts and then acting like they were somehow victimized later.
This is exactly the side effect I assumed we'd get when greenlight was launched. Steam has become a dumping ground for 14 year olds with zero business sense (or life skills) that can release what they call a "game" that took 4 minutes to create with a stolen copy of Adobe Flash. I hate this world.

Race The Sun was just updated with Linux and Workshop beta support. Hope there's a sale soon!

After a period of testing, Linux support is now available.

Additionally, Workshop support is currently in beta testing, and will be fully available soon. If you'd like to join the beta, you'll need to opt-in via the game's properties, and also join the Workshop beta group to gain access to the Workshop community page:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rts_workshop

Keep an eye out for the Workshop announcement in the next few weeks - we're planning a big level creation contest!

This pattern happens over and over.

Maybe if indie developers actually, you know, participated in and were aware of the indie games and bundle and Steam communities it could be avoided.

Of the ones I've seen that actually have posted here or Reddit or even in the Groupees chat they generally seem to be more together and with it and know how stuff works so as to avoid Mea Culpas.

On more than one occasion I ordered spicy from Popeye's and got regular stained with Louisiana Hot Sauce. Before I decided it wasn't worth the sodium overload, it was possible to make a cheap and shameful meal @Popeye's out of a loaded wrap, a biscuit, and a cup of ice water.
My problem is I like the sides more than the chicken at Popeye's and their meals only come with one side. Once I added a side or two I was paying $10 bucks for a meal.

Best gravy ever. I'm terrified of the thought of what's actually in it. I like the chicken but I will say I've never had Church's spicy chicken so I have no frame of reference for comparison. OTOH. . .

I agree that Church's has great biscuits. Although I think this place has the best biscuits ever.

I like KFC food generally but they make too much weird shit like those "bowls." Apparently Americans think it's wonderful to take a meal and put it in a blender because, hey, flavors and stuff are overrated. My dad used to do this sort of thing when I was growing up and it was quite nauseating to watch; for all I know, they got the idea from him.
That gravy is crazy and so are the Church's chicken. If you want real spicy chicken, try Church's, but it is hit or miss depending on the location. Some of them go cheap with the spice so you just have to find a good place for it.

Speaking of food

I'll be buying a bottle of bacon flavored vodka Friday evening.

I think it will be blt's, bacon wrapped scallops and shots of bacon vodka on the menu

Bloody Mary's made with bacon vodka in the morning.

Where do you all go to trade steam cards? Steam group? Trading forum here? I looked at the forum here, but it seems pretty dead since the end of the winter sale.

Noo, I didn't get key directly yet, so no double key :(
This pattern happens over and over.

Maybe if indie developers actually, you know, participated in and were aware of the indie games and bundle and Steam communities it could be avoided.

Of the ones I've seen that actually have posted here or Reddit or even in the Groupees chat they generally seem to be more together and with it and know how stuff works so as to avoid Mea Culpas.

lol... the dev deleted my comment (and a few others I assume) and is now denying it. Good job, asshole. I noticed because Motoki's post was on page 9 and so was Foxhack's and now they are a page or two back. I posted after you guys and the comment is now gone.

lol... the dev deleted my comment (and a few others I assume) and is now denying it. Good job, asshole. I noticed because Motoki's post was on page 9 and so was Foxhack's and now they are a page or two back. I posted after you guys and the comment is now gone.
I just called him out on it.

Ugh...

I guess those Russians found a loophole to get keys distributed for their pulled game. No like anyone can scream about it if they aren't making money. It doesn't look like Valve is going to give that money to them or the people who bought any time soon so if you can beat 'em, give it away for free! ;)

As an aside, those guys can manage to distribute keys for a pulled game but some Indie developers have their head so far up their asses they can't do it for something actually on the store.

PS - Holy Avatar still doesn't have the keys distributed yet a week in. They haven't responded to my email either even though Headup Games said on Twitter to email their support with your receipt, which I did days ago.

What did you say? I thought mine was pretty scathing without actually resorting to out and out insults (while heavily inferring he was full of shit). Odd that he would leave that one up but not yours.

The musty old Groupees Topware bundle (April 2013) continues to pay out, having just added Steam keys for Earth 2140. 

And now I'm up to 999 Steam games. Brings a tear to the eye, it does. Although what kind of tear, I'm uncertain.

The musty old Groupees Topware bundle (April 2013) continues to pay out, having just added Steam keys for Earth 2140.

And now I'm up to 999 Steam games. Brings a tear to the eye, it does. Although what kind of tear, I'm uncertain.
I gave up on them adding it, so I emailed them a while back and got a key.

I just called him out on it.

Ugh...

I guess those Russians found a loophole to get keys distributed for their pulled game. No like anyone can scream about it if they aren't making money. It doesn't look like Valve is going to give that money to them or the people who bought any time soon so if you can beat 'em, give it away for free! ;)

What did you say? I thought mine was pretty scathing without actually resorting to out and out insults (while heavily inferring he was full of shit). Odd that he would leave that one up but not yours.
I mean mine was pretty harsh, but straight to the point. I don't even remember the exact wording, but I think I called the dev lame and told him all his stance did was make it so that I would never buy any of his games on Steam or in a bundle if I could avoid it.

No longer works :(?

Edit: Just very slow

Edit 2: "

Failed to connect to MySQL: User rrrthrdc_rrr already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

:(

So I mentioned it above in an edit but Holy Avatar which was in a bunch of bundles is stalling and dicking around with the keys even though it's been on Steam for a week now.

He just called me a troll.

The Ultionus dev. Just called me. A troll.

(Not directly, but still.)

I take it the steam community features for Thief are broken and/or not implemented yet? I can't view the badge set, the achievements, my screenshots, etc for Thief.

I give up on that guy.

I have lots of other games to play, getting a key (or not) for a game I paid five cents for won't bother me one bit.

I hope he grows up.

I give up on that guy.

I have lots of other games to play, getting a key (or not) for a game I paid five cents for won't bother me one bit.

I hope he grows up.
Global mods are everywhere. I see that I called him a total loser. Again, harsh, but hardly worthy of a deletion in my opinion.

He just called me a troll.

The Ultionus dev. Just called me. A troll.

(Not directly, but still.)
I give up on that guy.

I hope he grows up.
On the plus side, you were insulted by some dude that made a pixel titty game. Not exactly like a nobel prize winner insulted you.

Global mods are everywhere. I see that I called him a total loser. Again, harsh, but hardly worthy of a deletion in my opinion.
Moderation is pretty heavy handed on the Steam community forum these days, but generally only if the developer does it or someone complains and calls the mods. Still, I never thought handing the keys to the forum to potentially unstable indie devs was a great idea.

So what's the story with this guy? Is he not giving out Steam keys for the Groupees?
TL;DR - First no, then write to him then after a virtual lynching and his email box getting blown up he's giving them to Groupees (supposedly).

On the plus side, you were insulted by some dude that made a pixel titty game. Not exactly like a nobel prize winner insulted you.
Thing is, I liked the game. It definitely felt like the games I used to play twenty years ago.

Why is it that whenever I find something I like, it turns out the creators have... issues...?

Your condition is no where near as bad as you think it is... around here 250 games is lightweight/normal-person-with-a-CAG-account. There's a lot of hope for you, you can still lead a happy, normal, well-adjusted life. To attain this you must leave CAG, forget about us. Just turn your back and walk away.

If you do not, and continue to hang around CAG your life will enter a downward spiral... not only will your backlog-of-shame drag down every aspect of your life (even in bed), but many of your waking (and should-be-sleeping) hours will be consumed by the hunt for new bundles, cheap sales, and price glitches. And when you do you'll think back and realize what a happy, normal, well-adjusted life you had... when you still had friends and family, when you bought games because you were going to play them that weekend. You'll long for the person you can no longer be. CAGtotsis is a degenerative condition with no known cures. It's up to you to save yourself, now, while you still can.
I could never turn away...where else can you have conversations involving Steam, KFC, and Spoder....

Does that really affect it? It doesn't even show up under recent game activity which is weird.
It does. We apparently can't post screenshots because it's not released yet in the land of Steam hating, boxed retail PC Games, crappy DRM with limited activations and lots of complaining about regional pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back