CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do and completed it last year. But...free.

Regarding NZA...are there enough differences between 1 and 2 to warrant both? Or just stick with 2?
I imagine they're the same game with different campaigns, and 2 has different enemies. I hope.

I want 2 if it's more of the same from 1.

photo-thumb-370695.jpg

I have the same question about NZA 1 & 2. If both are the same, I'll just get #2 because it may have more people online and may have some improvements being newer

In other news... Indie Gala is having a special "bundle" this week... Two copies of Real World Racing for $5.99 (I guess one person gets a sound track and (okay?) original artwork. I don't understand the artwork part but the best price previously was likely $7.49.

http://www.indiegala.com/special

If anyone wants to do a bundle I would be happy to host and/or buy the extra.
Spent an hour playing it, it's pretty good. Not sure if "Simulation Top-Down Racing" is a genre, but this is probably as close as you'll get. No nitro boost, no cartoonish graphics, relatively decent physics, challenging tracks. The underlying gimmick is you're racing on Google Earth/satellite images of real city streets. The car handling varies greatly based on the typical stats, and the AI is surprisingly challenging. Out of the 10 races I attempted, I only took first in one of them. If you brush the walls, or bump into stuff, you're probably not going to win.

Lots of card value also, assuming you can find a buyer.

You guys. 

Guys.

Pat & Mat is finally on sale  :whee:

For only .69 cents

Edit: Sasquatch is just as bad as Tebow  :bs:

Double edit: All a bunch of Bohemia interactive junk is on super sale. I smell a bundle.

1 is very fun. I still haven't played 2 but I got it a few months back from gamersgate. Not sure why they have such low reviews.
Because they pulled a Left 4 Dead 2 - they released a sequel while the original game was still being played... a sequel that's basically the same game and could've probably been released as an expansion pack instead.

As long as they don't port NZA1 into 2 then it's allright I guess. :p

You guys.

Guys.

Pat & Mat is finally on sale :whee:

For only .69 cents

Edit: Sasquatch is just as bad as Tebow :bs:

Double edit: All a bunch of Bohemia interactive junk is on super sale. I smell a bundle.
They already had a Bohemia Interactive Weekly Bundle. Remember? :p

Also, HELL. I spent years waiting for Pound of Ground to go on sale, then I finally grab it last year for around five bucks... and it's one dollar now. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Doesn't everyone already own both?
October was insane for me... I comletely missed that bundle with Shelter. :wall:

He's clearly trying to bait me... or considers anything outside of turn-based to be twitchy. ;)

Thanks to Cheaplikeafox for Faerie Solitaire! Yes, believe it or not I didn't have it already. I didn't pick it up when it was free because back then I was less of a bundle whore and still interested in having a collection of only good games on Steam. (Although I know people have said it's not bad, I'm just not that interested.) Then I really regretted it when it was one of the first games to get Steam cards. Between cards and GMG credits though I think I am just about ready to say to hell with standards...I'm redeeming every piece of lingering bundle trash I've got and just dumping them in the permanent backlog category.
Ah yes... I remember back when I used to only redeem the bundle games I actually wanted to keep my library relevant... before I descended into madness.

They removed them and replaced those files but Blizzard/Activision apparently still said no. They even had one of the fans do a set of audio files and everything. It sounds like they made an effort but Blizzard/Activision is playing harball and I think they are going for similarities not just ripped files. That and Valve seems to be siding with them or not wanting to piss them off at least.
Yeah... I'm idly curious about this... straight-up-copied infringement is straightforward to prove... but "likeness" is difficult and subjective.

You guys must use a lot more programs than I do. Everything I need on a day to day basis is pinned on the taskbar or on the desktop. If it's something I hardly ever use it isn't much work to hit the Windows key, type in the first couple characters of the name, and hit Enter. You guys really like scrolling through hundreds of folders and icons in the classic start menu?
console/terminal or GTFO. I bet you haven't even accepted Emacs as the one true editor.

Help. Do I buy?

1) Nazi Zombie Army 1/2 does not really interest me. But, +1 or +2 to my game count does and I'd sooner play one of these before playing generic indie bundle platformer #1076.

2) I feel I should exploit the Spec Ops 4free offer, but the only thing there that I don't own is XCOM which I have (unplayed) on PS3 via PS+.

Help. Do I buy?
Spec Ops The Line is great and very different.

We're both from the Codex which just happens to be the forum that staged the coup against me. It takes a special kind of someone to get a lifetime ban from the Codex of all places. I too can't stand most of the crap that's shoveled out and called a game these days BUT I have some serious weaknesses. I love both the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed series of games. Even worse, I'm such a complete diehard RPG fan that I even play JRPGs <insert ewwwhhh sound here> including those on a console of all things. Mooby likes games that remind him of the NES era where as I like games that remind me of the classic CRPG era (like Bards Tale, Might & Magic, Wizardry, etc). He's completely broken if you ask me.
I would not have thought you to be an Assassins Creed fan.

And being from the Codex really fits you, lol

Ah yes... I remember back when I used to only redeem the bundle games I actually wanted to keep my library relevant... before I descended into madness.
I thought I was the only picky person to do that and I was trying to keep my library as small as possible but the bundles have made us descended into madness.

Where is Earthbound when you need him. It should get added to the backloggery saturday night games.
It's 4 players max, and more than that usually show up... not to speak of how long they stay...

Because they pulled a Left 4 Dead 2 - they released a sequel while the original game was still being played... a sequel that's basically the same game and could've probably been released as an expansion pack instead.

As long as they don't port NZA1 into 2 then it's allright I guess. :p

They already had a Bohemia Interactive Weekly Bundle. Remember? :p

Also, HELL. I spent years waiting for Pound of Ground to go on sale, then I finally grab it last year for around five bucks... and it's one dollar now. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Yarrr. Superficially L4D1 and 2 are similar, but yeah, there was a lot of butthurt. I'm still in the Boycott Steam Group ftlulz.

re:pound of Ground. At least you played it right after you bought it, right? Worse when you backlog it. Still, I don't even think it's worth the single buck.

It's 4 players max, and more than that usually show up... not to speak of how long they stay...

Yarrr. Superficially L4D1 and 2 are similar, but yeah, there was a lot of butthurt. I'm still in the Boycott Steam Group ftlulz.

re:pound of Ground. At least you played it right after you bought it, right? Worse when you backlog it. Still, I don't even think it's worth the single buck.
nah l4d1 and 2 are diffrent tho

Well I waited all week to see if Runespell would fall into some obscure bundle... didn't happen.  Guess I have to buy it now since it's in my shopping cart.

I did play it, and liked it. It's kinda buggy but I like the setting. I didn't get too far into it.

I'd been waiting for years as well. Except I waited them out and won. You sir, lost.

I used to hang out at the RPGWatch, which is sort of like the Carebear version of the RPGCodex. They're still a bunch of 'In my day we had REAL RPGs' types but they try not to flame everyone and everything as a rule.

Most of them also really hate Steam with a fiery passion. :hot: They're a bunch of musty Euro types lving in another century and feel like Steam is invading their human rights and dignities. It's probably in part an ESL thing but they've actually said things like that, that it's taking their rights and dignity away.

I had an argument with one of them there once where he thought any PC game without a box and a disc was a "digital nothing". I tried to explain that the game was not the disc but the data on the disc but he wouldn't hear of it.

When I was there a few years back I thought Steam was this terrible thing because I really didn't have any first hand experience at the time and they would all go on about how evil it was. But I guess when you live in a village where the internet connection is one 2400 baud modem powered by a babushka on a stationary bike you probably would be against the move away from disc to digital downloads.

Apparently I no longer have reservations about Steam since I'm number 200and something of the top game collectors out of Steam's 70 million or users.

But he said it in English. Also half the people reading this thread don't have him on ignore.
RPGWatch is actually the site I was exiled to. The annoying RPGCodex admin put an http redirect on my IPs to force me to RPGWatch (a form of punishment called watchwiz'ing). It's an OK site, pretty bland and small community but as you said, too many anti-Steam loons for my taste. I used to be the box or nothing type of person but that era is gone. All the boxes now are nothing more then a disc and teeny, tiny flyer insert called a manual. Back in the glory days of Software Etc and Electronics Boutique, if I had trouble deciding between multiple games, I picked the one with the heaviest box. Sadly those times are no more and I've fully embraced Lord Gaben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back