The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

[quote name='Spyder187']Does anyone here play global agenda? i finally tried out the demo and kind of like it. Just curious if it is actually worth a buy even though it is on sale for 25% off atm. Any feedback is appreciated[/QUOTE]

It's like Team Fortress meets tribes, I've spent 50 some odd hours on it but it lacks lategame play unless you join an agency. Unfortunately, to have a good agency you need a large one. This causes a lack of a tight-knit group of dudes in my opinion and becomes just a zerg agency.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']More unnannounced coming soon shit:

...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. An odd and interesting bunch, there.
Age of Wonders series is perfect for a GOG release, though. ;)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Buying it on Steam don't do anything to help the Gamespy problem.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I thought if I had it thru Steam I could just click on my friends' "Join Game" link instead of typing in usernames.

Replaying through Baldur's Gate currently, and it's a shame we will never see any Infinity Engine games on any service. BG runs just fine out of the box for me on Vista, so they don't even require much (if any) tweaking.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/ddonline/news.html?sid=6243795

This lawsuit is what is keeping us from playing any of these games through any DD service... hell, they just recently went around and pulled NWN 2 from all digital distribution places (like D2D and Gamersgate).

I really hope they get this settled, because the real crime here is that many people can't experience the golden age of PC RPG's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, so no NWN2 on Steam, huh? I was actually kind of counting on its arrival; I never played the second expansion pack. Darn it.

Also, I just bought Deathspank on PS3! Drat! Would definitely have grabbed the STeam version. I suppose I still can when it's $1.99 next Christmas.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Damn, so no NWN2 on Steam, huh? I was actually kind of counting on its arrival; I never played the second expansion pack. Darn it.
[/QUOTE]

I gave up on that boat a long time ago... once I heard about the lawsuit, I gave up on seeing them on Steam.

I grabbed NWN 2 Gold on D2D for $5 during one of their sales recently... and never got around to buying Zehir. I'm not sure if the retail expansion will work on the digital main game, so I'm probably just screwed unless I want to rebuy it all again.

[quote name='dfg']Seriously? I thought if I had it thru Steam I could just click on my friends' "Join Game" link instead of typing in usernames.[/QUOTE]

Only if the game is integrated into Steam's friends-based multiplayer system. Just because a game is on Steam, doesn't mean it's had Steam Friends-based multiplayer added in. The vast majority of games sold on Steam use the same multiplayer systems as their retail counterparts.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Only if the game is integrated into Steam's friends-based multiplayer system. Just because a game is on Steam, doesn't mean it's had Steam Friends-based multiplayer added in. The vast majority of games sold on Steam use the same multiplayer systems as their retail counterparts.[/QUOTE]

Ick. Thanks for the fyi.

anyone want to split a stalker pack with me? i have Stalker SOC I only want pripyat... I can trade or give you SOC for $5

[quote name='Kenrik']anyone want to split a stalker pack with me? i have Stalker SOC I only want pripyat... I can trade or give you SOC for $5[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work that way, dude. These bundles (like all Steam bundles, except for things like 4-packs) cannot be split up.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Just noticed Brink is up for pre-order. Glad to see that coming to Steam.[/QUOTE]

Brink is a Steamworks title, actually, so retail copies will activate on Steam, just like Left 4 Dead, for instance.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It doesn't work that way, dude. These bundles (like all Steam bundles, except for things like 4-packs) cannot be split up.[/QUOTE]

But since he already has one, can't he buy the pack and gift the extra for cash?

[quote name='yeah-yeah']But since he already has one, can't he buy the pack and gift the extra for cash?[/QUOTE]

No. You can't gift the extra copies. Steam, as a rule, doesn't ever allow you to gift extra copies.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No. You can't gift the extra copies. Steam, as a rule, doesn't ever allow you to gift extra copies.[/QUOTE]

Huh. The reason why I mentioned it was because when I bought the Orange Box, I had extras of HL2 and HL2 Ep1, which I was allowed to gift. Different rules in this case?

Edit - thanks for the link, Kilm. That makes sense now.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The bottom line is that people should assume they can never gift extra copies.[/QUOTE]

People should assume they can never gift extra copies even though they can in certain cases? Makes sense to me.

Just kidding!

Hope so, spent more then 20 hours on demo alone lol

Anyone know of some good game to get on steam? (I dont got many games, half life2 and alien swarm lol)

^^You can always pick up the Valve games, very active communities..
L4D series, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike..

Plants vs Zombies & Defense Grid are dope tower defense games..Spent hours on both of these.

Anyone else pumped for the new Tomb Raider game? It's getting great reviews across the board. September 28th is going to be an awesome day with that and Dead Rising 2 coming out.

[quote name='SEH']Anyone else pumped for the new Tomb Raider game? It's getting great reviews across the board. September 28th is going to be an awesome day with that and Dead Rising 2 coming out.[/QUOTE]

I am. It wasn't really on my radar until a week ago when it was getting some pre-release hype. I tried out the demo and LOVED it. But I'm probably going to wait until the holiday sale to pick it up. My Gamefly queue is bursting at the seams with many of the fall releases so I'm going to be pretty busy playing those.

And Dead Rising 2 is going to be epic shit.

[quote name='loltonytony']Anyone know of some good game to get on steam? (I dont got many games, half life2 and alien swarm lol)[/QUOTE]

Sure, but it might be helpful if you could give us an idea of what kind of games you like.

Games I like, half life games, torchlight, left 4 dead and the elder scrolls morrowind to name a few. Mostly RPG and shooters.

[quote name='loltonytony']Games I like, half life games, torchlight, left 4 dead and the elder scrolls morrowind to name a few. Mostly RPG and shooters.
[/QUOTE]

Well, a few things to look at would be Fallout 3, most everything Valve has made, ARMA, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Borderlands, Risen, and a personal favorite of mine, Killing Floor.

I'd personally say wait on Killing Floor. That game has been in like the past three or four sales for around $5. I'd bet money on it once again being part of this years winter sale.

Holy...Hand...Grenade
soldier_worms_small.png

Worms is pretty sweet though I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed. It's hard to improve on graphics with a game as simple as worms so I won't complain about that but there's just a lack of 'oomph' for $20. I only count 3-4 new weapons. Hopefully they go all awesome on us and have free updates.

A pretty interesting-looking game called "Hoard," where you play as a dragon and burninate shit and steal treasure and kidnap maidens, should possibly be coming to Steam next month. Very much keeping an eye on this one, myself.

Also coming next month is some awful-looking animu-wannabe thing called "Blade Kitten" (ugh). Be sure to check out the game's concept art gallery; you'll have a hard time believing you're not browsing Deviantart. Apparently, this "franchise" started life as a comic-book created by the creative director of Krome Studios as a side-project (unrelated to his day job), and probably through some massive ego-tripping, he managed to get his "pink haired cat girl bounty hunter" (ARGGGGGHH) made into a game by his employers (hey Krome, good luck not going under if you keep wasting resources on this nonsense). Maybe if you're into this sort of ~kawaii desu ne~ animu-wannabe pandering, you might be interested in this one, but unless I hear word that the gameplay is really phenomenal, I'll be avoiding this one. Okay I'm done talking about this now because this is just offensive.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Hopefully they go all awesome on us and have free updates.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I see micro transactions in this games future when it comes to new weapons and whatnot.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Some astonishingly awful-looking animu-wannabe piece of shit called "Blade Kitten" (ugh) is coming to Steam within a month or so (hey Krome, good luck not going under, if you keep this nonsense up). Be sure to check out the game's concept art; you'll have a hard time believing you're not browsing Deviantart. Maybe if you're the sort of dope who falls for shameless retarded fanboy pandering ~kawaii desu ne~ animu-wannabe garbage, you might be interested in this one, but otherwise, avoid. I'm just posting this as news of record.
[/QUOTE]

Or you could, you know, wait and see what the game itself is like. It's not a great art style, but that doesn't mean the game itself will turn out terrible. Also coming to XBLA and PSN, I think.

Anyway, about Worms Reloaded... Right now the Xbox 360 controller works in game but you can't select anything from menus outside of the game. Very annoying, but I'm sure they'll fix it quickly. The game itself is super fun as always. Pretty much a deluxe version (tons of new stuff) of Worms from XBLA.

Worms Reloaded FTW.. I played a few rounds.. pretty fun, but its hard to tell what some of the new weapons are (just message around in the firing range)

just a rant about how butchered the goty version of plants vs zombies is. not only did it delete my saves it now wont even load. the steam forum is flooded with similar complaints. im pissed, they force an update that is impossible to get around that renders the game literally unplayable and theres no recoarse.

[quote name='paz9x']just a rant about how butchered the goty version of plants vs zombies is. not only did it delete my saves it now wont even load. the steam forum is flooded with similar complaints. im pissed, they force an update that is impossible to get around that renders the game literally unplayable and theres no recoarse.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you have just set the game to not update automatically?

[quote name='SEH']Couldn't you have just set the game to not update automatically?[/QUOTE]

the update came anyway, that setting doesnt stop it.

Anyone want to trade a steam game (gift) for a copy of Mass Effect?

I have an extra on hand (Not from Steam from EA... it's a retail Code)

I had bought it then it went on sale a week later on steam and I bought the steam version so I don't need it.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Anyone pick up Still Sight or whatever it was called. It's 2 bucks on steam, wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it.[/QUOTE]

It's Plain Sight, and it looks pretty fun. I haven't played it, but I might pick it up while it's on sale. The only concern I have is that the gameplay looks like it might get a bit repetitive... but for $2, whatever. ;)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Worms is pretty sweet though I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed. It's hard to improve on graphics with a game as simple as worms so I won't complain about that but there's just a lack of 'oomph' for $20. I only count 3-4 new weapons. Hopefully they go all awesome on us and have free updates.[/QUOTE]

I noticed some of that too. The animations aren't as good as the old games for some reason. For example, the jetpack just has bottom thrusters, no thruster on the back, and the shotgun no longer pumps between firing. Not game ruining but I was surprised that the animations are worse.

Guess I shouldn't complain too much since it's a free game with my $18 hat.

[quote name='sealionnn']It's Plain Sight, and it looks pretty fun. I haven't played it, but I might pick it up while it's on sale. The only concern I have is that the gameplay looks like it might get a bit repetitive... but for $2, whatever. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's very fun to blow a few minutes. Quick fun gameplay. Better than I had expected and a better purchase than a lot of the other steam games I have.

The electronica-infused charitable puzzle game Chime will launch on Steam on September 6th. It's casually being referred to as called "Chime: Portal Edition," because yes, in addition to the five tracks/stages from the XBLA version, it's also going to include "Still Alive" as a bonus sixth stage. Also, like the XBLA version, a portion of the sales price (which I presume will be ~$5) goes to charities for children. And lastly, it includes Steam Achievements and Leaderboards for all you achievement whores out there.

Here's the store page (no preorder option yet, at the time of this writing):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/62100

Anybody else got Plain Sight from the Week deal and enjoying the crap out of it?

It's so...different from so many other multiplayer games. It's not much as how you can aim (as it is auto-lock on), but your timing and movement skills.

These indie multiplayer tidbits are fun and rewarding, for most of the time they bring something new to the table (see:Altitude)

Also, M&B:Warband for $10. Too good of a deal, but I have to pass until it drops to $5 >_< Besides, I have yet to "Finish" the first one.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Anybody else got Plain Sight from the Week deal and enjoying the crap out of it?

It's so...different from so many other multiplayer games. It's not much as how you can aim (as it is auto-lock on), but your timing and movement skills.

These indie multiplayer tidbits are fun and rewarding, for most of the time they bring something new to the table (see:Altitude)

Also, M&B:Warband for $10. Too good of a deal, but I have to pass until it drops to $5 >_< Besides, I have yet to "Finish" the first one.[/QUOTE]

im enjoying plain sight as well. simple but different and fun.

bread's done
Back