The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']That's what I had been doing, but I still find folders in the Steam file. I'd like to keep the game in the Library so I can download it easy when I'd like to play, but I want to get them entirely off the hard drive.

I can go through my Control Panel, but I had not tried it yet. Any experience?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You'll never delete a game from your library, it will always be available for you to download, so don't worry about that.

Those folders are usually empty or they have remnant files like saves and stuff. You can delete them manually and nothing wrong with that.

With the control panel, I see similar results. Sometimes it'll delete the entire folder, sometimes it won't, sometimes it'll have random useless files that I have to delete manually.

Red Faction Guerilla is on for 4.99 today same with other red faction games. Apparently there is a THQ week going on this week with different sales every day.

If you want RFG for the SP experience, then $5 is a great price. If you're looking to get RFG for the online, save your cash. There is nobody ever online, the game was dead even from the start.

[quote name='SEH']If you want RFG for the SP experience, then $5 is a great price. If you're looking to get RFG for the online, save your cash. There is nobody ever online, the game was dead even from the start.[/QUOTE]

Which is too bad, really. I played about an hour of the MP on console and it was kind of fun. Nothing special, but it was a fun distraction.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Amazingly enough, I don't have a backlog. I've played every game on my list for at least an hour, though some I have yet to finish.[/QUOTE]

Subjectively, I consider that a backlog. I play games to the finish or I get rid of them if I find 'em unbearable.

In regards to deleting stuff from Steam, I do recall a few months ago discovering that the Left 4 Dead 2 demo (or at least several hundred megabytes of it) was still on my hard drive. It'd disappeared from my library so's I had to manually purge it.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Which is too bad, really. I played about an hour of the MP on console and it was kind of fun. Nothing special, but it was a fun distraction.[/QUOTE]

Played RFG on LIVE. Destroying buildings was really fun. It was sort of half dead at that point but I was able to play a few full games. I just bought it to be able to actually beat it this time around. The $5 or less deals are really killing me. Got all three Red Factions on sale and dogfighter....

I'm a bit disappointed this week is a THQ week, to be honest.

Impulse actually has some decent deals on some Halloween themed games (Amnesia is half off for $9.99, for instance, so is Dead Space and Pneumbra) and I was hoping Steam would do their own Halloween week of sales. I've been itching to get Amnesia and was going to do it for Halloween but I can wait since once a game shows up on sale at one outlet, it's only a matter of time before the others.

Maybe we'll see some stuff for the weekend deal? I don't know, I'm not really feeling THQ week to be honest.

I might get RF: Guerilla in a few hours but I remember it having real bad stuttering issues when it first came out? Was this ever fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully Titan's Quest really isn't my thing at the moment. Can't get into really deep games because school likes to take up lots of my time. Though if $5 Torchlight ever came back....

Only thing THQ might get me to buy other than the Red Faction series I just bought is STALKER

[quote name='iRent']Thankfully Titan's Quest really isn't my thing at the moment. Can't get into really deep games because school likes to take up lots of my time. Though if $5 Torchlight ever came back....

Only thing THQ might get me to buy other than the Red Faction series I just bought is STALKER[/QUOTE]

Titan's Quest is the same style of game and arguably better. Only game I've really put any time in lately (full time work, full time student, and a girlfriend), I just do a litle bit at a time. Highly recommended if you liked Diablo 2.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Hopefully you picked it up because it was. I had the exact same issue.[/QUOTE]

Decided to wait until the holiday sale or a future sale as my plate is already pretty full of games at the moment.

I don't doubt we will see it again for $5 soon enough.

Global Agenda is on sale @ 20.99 for the umpteenth time and as always, I'm an advocate. I do however think it will go lower for a black friday/halloween/holiday sale.

So I played Dogfighter. Reminds me of Propeller Arena on the dreamcast. Controls are a little wonky though that's probably due to me not setting up my controller correctly. Playing with a KB/M is really unacceptable.

I also played Red Faction 1...When I died I had to start from the beginning. Did I mention I did this twice? How I miss autosave. Reminds me of HL though.

[quote name='iRent']So I played Dogfighter. Reminds me of Propeller Arena on the dreamcast. Controls are a little wonky though that's probably due to me not setting up my controller correctly. Playing with a KB/M is really unacceptable.

I also played Red Faction 1...When I died I had to start from the beginning. Did I mention I did this twice? How I miss autosave. Reminds me of HL though.[/QUOTE]

No quicksave/load?

edit: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/trickortreat

Crazy halloween sale, some decent games in there. Worms was overpriced @ 20 but 10 is a decent price to snag it at.

It's easy to make awesome custom maps in Worms Reloaded. Just look at these from the Worms Reloaded discussion thread...

CheapAssGamerfullpicture.png

CheapAssGamer by EastX

BionicCommandoArea7.png

Bionic Commando - Area 7 by EastX

Everyone who gets this game, please...

Join the CAG Worms Reloaded Steam group!

Can someone explain to me how the Alter of Creation/Formula system works? I tried using this to create the items listed in formulas before and I could never seem to get it to work. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong and hoping someone can explain it and that I am just missing a step or misunderstanding something.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']No quicksave/load?

edit: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/trickortreat

Crazy halloween sale, some decent games in there. Worms was overpriced @ 20 but 10 is a decent price to snag it at.[/QUOTE]

Not from what I saw. You can manually go into the save menu by pressing escape during the game. I hit a few loading spots where you think they would put a checkpoint or something but there was nothing. I'll finish it eventually. Just kinda busy at the moment.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Damn... well I hope Vampire Bloodlines appears on Halloween.[/QUOTE]

Heh, an Activision game, on significant discount. That's rich.

Oh, I made myself sad cause Bloodlines is amazing and everyone should play it, but $20 is waaaay too much. :(

Magic the Gathering

On November 3, Magic: The Gathering and video game fans worldwide can play with new decks, experience never-before-seen challenges, and battle new adversaries on Steam with the third expansion for Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Duel Magic's troubled Planeswalker Sarkhan the Mad with this brand-new downloadable content featuring:

• Three new playable decks, including Sorin Markov's "Master of Shadows" Planeswalker deck
  • Three new unlockable cards for all existing decks (base game and expansions 1 and 2)
  • Five new puzzling challenge levels
  • Three new achievements
  • Four new Two-Headed giant local co-op levels
Players can also put their spell-slinging skills to the test to defeat the new single-player campaign and unlock Gideon Jura's and Niv-Mizzet's new Planeswalker decks.
The Duels of the Planeswalkers third expansion is priced at $4.99 on Steam.

Sega Games

Sega's games have just received a minor price drop. Most notably, Sega Genesis Classics Pack and Sega Genesis Classics Pack 2 are now $7.50 each. I don't know how many people want to pay for emulation on PC, but those prices are fair.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/segasale

Looks like a great Halloween sale, noticed some games I haven't noticed before for the very attractive price of cheap.

Anyone familiar with the following, and/or have any opinions?:
Burn Zombie Burn
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Doom Rails
Dracula: Origin
Haunted House

Hmm...seems like a few of them are adventure games...haven't really done much of that since Sam and Max.

Just for contribution's sake, I thought Zombie Driver, Nation Red, and Overlord (pack) was a decent buy back when I bought them on sale for roughly the same price...for $3 & change, I think nation red is a really great buy. Also thought ghostbusters was a lot of fun (haven't finished it yet though). And of course, the favorite--team fortress 2 is just fantastic as always, although I could have swore I got it for $2.50 last halloween.

Any other thoughts on the other games for sale?

[quote name='eastx']Magic the Gathering

On November 3, Magic: The Gathering and video game fans worldwide can play with new decks, experience never-before-seen challenges, and battle new adversaries on Steam with the third expansion for Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Duel Magic's troubled Planeswalker Sarkhan the Mad with this brand-new downloadable content featuring:

• Three new playable decks, including Sorin Markov's "Master of Shadows" Planeswalker deck
  • Three new unlockable cards for all existing decks (base game and expansions 1 and 2)
  • Five new puzzling challenge levels
  • Three new achievements
  • Four new Two-Headed giant local co-op levels
Players can also put their spell-slinging skills to the test to defeat the new single-player campaign and unlock Gideon Jura's and Niv-Mizzet's new Planeswalker decks.
The Duels of the Planeswalkers third expansion is priced at $4.99 on Steam.

Sega Games

Sega's games have just received a minor price drop. Most notably, Sega Genesis Classics Pack and Sega Genesis Classics Pack 2 are now $7.50 each. I don't know how many people want to pay for emulation on PC, but those prices are fair.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/segasale[/QUOTE]

I could give a flying fuck about new xpacks, I just want the current game to work. I bought it and its so bugged that it will not even let me switch which deck I am playing with or against 90% of the time. A friend of mine also has a bug where anytime you play an online game and someone uses an Artifact the game crashes!

Also disappointed as hell Bloodlines isn't on sale. I've got a retail copy (Apparently one of the 10 people who bought it initially) but I'm such a Steam junkie I've been wanting to pick it up on there. Only been on sale once I believe, and I missed it.

Had a feeling a halloween sale was coming since Impulse ran one.

Amnesia is a lock for sure.

Not that I'm not happy with the sale, but some of the choices are... odd? Why Worms? Why Team Fortress 2? Is it because you dress up? Seems like a pretty weak excuse to throw TF 2 into another sale, imo.

Kind of wish we saw Fear 1, 2 and Bloodlines. I've already got Bloodlines, but it's the perfect game to throw on sale for this.

How is DMC 4 on the PC? I've heard it runs great and is an excellent port, so I was wondering if someone here had any experience with it. Not looking for gameplay impressions, just how well it runs.

Picked up Titan Quest earlier in the week. Best $5 steam purchase I've made in a while. Awesome game. Put 3 hours in it so far - Never played Diablo but it reminds me of a greek offline world of warcraft. So glad I picked this up, and I heard the main quest is 80+ hours. Awesome.

If anyone wants to play some co-op or something, send me a message.

[quote name='animalspinners']Not that I'm not happy with the sale, but some of the choices are... odd? Why Worms? Why Team Fortress 2? Is it because you dress up? Seems like a pretty weak excuse to throw TF 2 into another sale, imo.[/QUOTE]

Worms remains to be seen how it's relevant, I'm hoping for an update. TF2 however just got a big ass update with halloween themed stuff so it's pretty relevant.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Worms remains to be seen how it's relevant, I'm hoping for an update. TF2 however just got a big ass update with halloween themed stuff so it's pretty relevant.[/QUOTE]

Oh, gotcha. I don't really keep up on TF 2 stuff so it was just weird to see it on the list.

[quote name='animalspinners']How is DMC 4 on the PC? I've heard it runs great and is an excellent port, so I was wondering if someone here had any experience with it. Not looking for gameplay impressions, just how well it runs.[/QUOTE]

DMC4 runs great, but if you don't have a 360 controller, don't bother. You cant map ANYTHING to your mouse, everything is on the keyboard (yes, aiming too). It's ridiculous.

[quote name='SEH']DMC4 runs great, but if you don't have a 360 controller, don't bother. You cant map ANYTHING to your mouse, everything is on the keyboard (yes, aiming too). It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I've got a Logitech controller (think it's the dual action, damned if I remember the name of the thing), will it not work?

[quote name='animalspinners']I've got a Logitech controller (think it's the dual action, damned if I remember the name of the thing), will it not work?[/QUOTE]

I've seen people playing that game with all types of controllers with NP. The only controller I ever heard of having an issue with that game was the PS3 controller.

In the end, you can always use Joy2key to remap the buttons/keys as you like.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Bloody Good Time is finally out!!!!!! :D :D :D

10% off launch week discount, making it just $4.49:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2450/

I've been waiting for this game for years. Probably my second-most anticipated game of 2010, after Super Meat Boy. So excited. Hope to see some of you in game.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of this game before.

My god.

I think i'm in love...

Looks interesting; too bad it's unforgiving on older machines. I thought it looked kinda The Ship-ish. Same folks!

[quote name='slofton']I never heard of this game before.
My god.
I think i'm in love...[/QUOTE]
Yup. It's completely unlike anything else. It's like an insane mix of deathmatch, stealth, Clue (the boardgame), and The Sims, that all comes together brilliantly. $4.49 is an incredible price, so I hope to see lots of players.

[quote name='dfg']Looks interesting; too bad it's unforgiving on older machines. I thought it looked kinda The Ship-ish. Same folks![/QUOTE]
Yup, it's the sequel to The Ship in everything but name. In fact, earlier in development, it used to be called The Ship 2: Hollywood Murder Party.

It's a Source-engine game, so if you can run any of Valve's recent games decently, BGT should work just fine.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yup. It's completely unlike anything else. It's like an insane mix of deathmatch, stealth, Clue (the boardgame), and The Sims, that all comes together brilliantly. $4.49 is an incredible price, so I hope to see lots of players.

Yup, it's the sequel to The Ship in everything but name. In fact, earlier in development, it used to be called The Ship 2: Hollywood Murder Party.

It's a Source-engine game, so if you can run any of Valve's recent games decently, BGT should work just fine.[/QUOTE]

You know of any videos or reviews that go into more depth? the store page video didn't really seem to convey anything other than another typical FPS, cartoon style. If it's clue, stealth, sim, and deathmatch all mixed up, that does sound like fun.

[quote name='VGmnk']You know of any videos or reviews that go into more depth? the store page video didn't really seem to convey anything other than another typical FPS, cartoon style. If it's clue, stealth, sim, and deathmatch all mixed up, that does sound like fun.[/QUOTE]
Well of course the trailer footage is edited to be fast-paced and exciting. Here's a few minutes of typical gameplay of BGT's predecessor, The Ship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyscCH7nVoE

From what I've played, BGT feels a bit more fast-paced than The Ship, in general. Here's some footage of someone playing the demo of BGT, on 360:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYs4bz63_UU

Anyways, that should be enough to illustrate that this is NOT "another typical FPS, cartoon style."

The game sounds interesting, but what I'm worried about is that people will not follow their "assignment" and just kill anybody they see. I heard this problem was rampant in The Ship.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']The game sounds interesting, but what I'm worried about is that people will not follow their "assignment" and just kill anybody they see.[/quote]
Not if they want to win. You lose stars for murdering people who aren't either your target, or hunting you. A couple "inappropriate" killings will negate the stars you earned from a murder you were supposed to commit. Since stars are what determines who wins in Hunt mode, which is basically the "main" mode, it's kind of important to avoid losing them.

The game has a free-for-all deathmatch mode, so if people want to do that, they can just play that mode.

I heard this problem was rampant in The Ship.
I never saw it as a huge problem. People played The Ship because it's different, and they want to play it the way it's meant to be played. The only reason someone would do it in Hunt mode is if they're griefing, which can be a problem in any game. Killing rampantly isn't going to win the game.

[quote name='SEH']Looks pretty yawn-worthy IMO.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the pacing is very different from the usual FPS, and that's what makes it so great. Managing your needs, avoiding security, stalking your quarry, finding the highest-reward way to kill them, and avoiding the person who's trying to kill you makes for a tense, challenging, and rewarding game, in my opinion, but it might be a little too different for the Call of Duty crowd to come to grips with right away. Again, there's nothing else like it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Not if they want to win. You lose stars for murdering people who aren't either your target, or hunting you. Since stars are what determines who wins in Hunt mode, which is basically the "main" mode, it's kind of important to avoid losing them.

The game has a free-for-all deathmatch mode, so if people want to do that, they can just play that mode.

I never saw it as a huge problem. People played The Ship because it's different, and they want to play it the way it's meant to be played. The only reason someone would do it in Hunt mode is if they're griefing, which can be a problem in any game. Killing rampantly isn't going to win the game.

Yes, the pacing is very different from the usual FPS, and that's what makes it so great. Managing your needs, avoiding security, stalking your quarry, finding the highest-reward way to kill them, and avoiding the person who's trying to kill you makes for a tense, challenging, and rewarding game, in my opinion, but it might be a little too different for the Call of Duty crowd to come to grips with right away. Again, there's nothing else like it.[/QUOTE]

The concepts sound pretty great, and I get the gist of what you were trying to get across in the youtube videos, but the videos were a bit on the boring side (not that you made them or anything, just saying).

5 bucks seems like a good price to check it out--reminds me a bit of playing the spy in tf2, which is the class I have the most time played in tf2 (yeah, I'm one of those failspies).

[quote name='VGmnk']The concepts sound pretty great, and I get the gist of what you were trying to get across in the youtube videos, but the videos were a bit on the boring side (not that you made them or anything, just saying).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they weren't very good vids, just the first I found. The video of The Ship is ancient, and the video of GBT was the only actual gameplay video I could find on Youtube, and it's obviously someone who is not used to the game, or The Ship. Not surprising, since the game is only a day old.

bread's done
Back