The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

hey guys, I'm really liking Lead and Gold, but I don't really want the other game in the combo (shattered horizon)...

I tried looking at the steam support, but maybe somebody on here knows... If i gift myself the game, am I able to split them? This way i could trade one of em with somebody?? or am i out of luck?

thanks in advance.

Anyone have the MTG game for 360 and Steam? I was curious if folks think the Steam version is better than the 360 one. Less bugs, game freezes, etc?

Edit: Was looking through the last couple pages of this thread and saw that there are issues with the PC version of MTG as well. It's amazing that such a popular game has gotten so few fixes on either platform.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Anyone have the MTG game for 360 and Steam? I was curious if folks think the Steam version is better than the 360 one. Less bugs, game freezes, etc?

Edit: Was looking through the last couple pages of this thread and saw that there are issues with the PC version of MTG as well. It's amazing that such a popular game has gotten so few fixes on either platform.[/QUOTE]

That is because they just do not care. It is truly the most amazing lack of care I have ever seen from a developer, especially considering that they keep making DLC for it. Any other dev would throw in fixes and improvements with the DLC, but Magic's owners boldly defy standard logic and community wishes.

I own both versions, BTW. I like the PC version a bit more because the load times are better and it's easier to play with a mouse. But it's more problematic as far as bugs and lacking standard features of PC games.

That's the shit that irritates me to no end. I can't stand devs that don't support their title by actually patching things that desperately need fixing, yet they can pump out DLC after DLC. They're the same ones that cry about piracy when their game doesn't sell, when in actuality, their game didn't sell because word got out that it's trash.

This might not exactly belong here, but I'm excited as hell about it and felt the need to vent.
Just traded some guy my entire TF2 backpack, which I have been playing off and on since the game's launch, 135 hours played apparently and however many hours I spent trading items and hats, for Call of Duty Black Ops.

I like TF2 items and hats as much as the next guy, but DAMN. The god damn game launched without extra weapons and hats and was a blast, I'll sure as hell trade all my swag for a $60 brand new game I know I'll play the hell out of. And if I want to play TF2 again, I certainly can. Still freaks me out someone wants TF2 items enough to spend that much money on them.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']This might not exactly belong here, but I'm excited as hell about it and felt the need to vent.
Just traded some guy my entire TF2 backpack, which I have been playing off and on since the game's launch, 135 hours played apparently and however many hours I spent trading items and hats, for Call of Duty Black Ops.

I like TF2 items and hats as much as the next guy, but DAMN. The god damn game launched without extra weapons and hats and was a blast, I'll sure as hell trade all my swag for a $60 brand new game I know I'll play the hell out of. And if I want to play TF2 again, I certainly can. Still freaks me out someone wants TF2 items enough to spend that much money on them.[/QUOTE]

I don't exactly have a lot of games to compare it to, but I feel the hats in tf2 are just way too expensive. The items aren't bad, but hats are usually ranging from $5 to $10.

Personally I'm tempted to purchase the spy kit only based on the item bonuses...the silent backstabbing knife is just really cool.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']This might not exactly belong here, but I'm excited as hell about it and felt the need to vent.

I like TF2 items and hats as much as the next guy, but DAMN. The god damn game launched without extra weapons and hats and was a blast, I'll sure as hell trade all my swag for a $60 brand new game I know I'll play the hell out of. And if I want to play TF2 again, I certainly can. Still freaks me out someone wants TF2 items enough to spend that much money on them.[/QUOTE]

Man, I wish TF2 drops existed 2 years ago when I played the game like hell. I've accrued 730 hours of game time and would be sitting on a modest pile of hats. Good for you though, that's a pretty sweet deal.

If it makes you feel any better, people have been buying games like CoD: Black Ops to trade for hats with stolen credit cards (or they do a chargeback).

Leaving the victim without the game, their hats and their Steam account locked as soon as Valve finds out what happened.

[quote name='Sporadic']If it makes you feel any better, people have been buying games like CoD: Black Ops to trade for hats with stolen credit cards (or they do a chargeback).

Leaving the victim without the game, their hats and their Steam account locked as soon as Valve finds out what happened.[/QUOTE]

Don't both parties lose out if it's discovered? Using stolen CCs to buy digital, account-traceable stuff seems pretty dumb.

[quote name='dfg']Don't both parties lose out if it's discovered? Using stolen CCs to buy digital, account-traceable stuff seems pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so if they use a dummy account and transfer the hats to another account. If they did that, I don't think Valve could figure out if the hats were traded to the perpetrator's main account or some dummy who made a real trade for the stolen hats.

Just figured I would warn him since I've already heard about this happening on other forums.

Well since I haven't had Black Ops pulled in the few days I've had it, it was apparently on the up and up. At least as much as shady black market hat trades can be. Hopefully nothing will come of it, since I've got 334 games on my account.

Might have to poke around for more info on that Dungeon Defenders game. I like tower defense and I like action RPGs, I'm just not sure I'd like them mixed. I do dig the look of the game though.
Addendum: Oh, huh. I was poking around on their forum to try to learn more about the game, and there's a demo/teaser out there. Guess I'll give that a look. http://www.forums.trendyent.com/sho...ase-(UDK)-Download-(Just-1-level-and-1-class)

[quote name='TLPRIME']Dungeon Defenders has been delayed till January(Steam still says November). Bummer cause I was looking forward to this. Upside is they are adding a bunch of the planned DLC into the base game purchase.

http://www.forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?137-Official-quot-Game-is-Delayed-quot-Thread![/QUOTE]

Ah darn. But I'm ok with that if they're adding more content and polish. It's a bummer that it won't be out in time for the holiday sales though.

Do you guys think Risen will be cheaper than $14.99 later? There's no way I'm gonna play it right now, but I definitely want to buy it at some point.

If it probably won't be lower than this, on the other hand, then I should grab it now, as I'll be working all weekend.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']^It's really tough to say, since it could be cheaper in two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Could be, but I'm doubtful.

It took the game forever to go on sale once and this is after being delisted off Steam and then put back up. Risen has also constantly been excluded from all the store wide sales as well.

It may show up cheaper at the holiday sale, but chances are the publisher won't even bother. I'm kind of shocked we are even getting a weekend sale to begin with.

I'm at a point now, that unless a game is 75% off I wont buy it and am just waiting till the crazy super go happy holiday sale to blew all my cash again.

What makes me sad, there are still games I bought from the holiday sale I still haven't gotten to yet /hangs head in shame

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Well since I haven't had Black Ops pulled in the few days I've had it, it was apparently on the up and up. At least as much as shady black market hat trades can be. Hopefully nothing will come of it, since I've got 334 games on my account.

Might have to poke around for more info on that Dungeon Defenders game. I like tower defense and I like action RPGs, I'm just not sure I'd like them mixed. I do dig the look of the game though.
Addendum: Oh, huh. I was poking around on their forum to try to learn more about the game, and there's a demo/teaser out there. Guess I'll give that a look. http://www.forums.trendyent.com/sho...ase-(UDK)-Download-(Just-1-level-and-1-class)[/QUOTE]

DAMN :bomb:

Oh well. Currently broke. Won't be buying much of anything for a while.

Steam is currently out of Risen keys, though you can still buy it. I assume they'd get more but nobody official has said anything (edit: they kind of did, though it's buried on the forums.) No mention on the store page so it was a nice surprise when I went to go play it.

This problem is starting to get a bit more frequent, it seems.

My bad, someone official at Valve did make a statement, albeit in the form of a joke and that they were "working" on it:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18560428&postcount=6

Why the sale page wasn't updated two days ago with this information is beyond me.

Double post but only because no one has actually posted in days :p

One of the guys in charge of DeepSilver has been posting on the Risen forum on Steam and shed some insight onto why they ran out of keys. I thought some (like EastX!) would find this interesting as most publishers tend to not give out sale details.

In the 4 days the weekend sale has been active, Risen has sold more copies in those 4 days than it has since October 2009 (the release) up until right before the sale. They just expected a mild uptick in sales but got hit with an enormous wave of sales they were not expecting.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I always forget every year, does Steam do Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Last year they did a week long Thanksgiving sale where a large group of titles were on sale, and then certain titles got a 24 hour deeper discount. Similar to the summer sale.

I haven't tried it, but I bought and installed Risen, so I must have gotten a key.

Did they ever say why it was on Steam, then off Steam, then back again?

I'm glad it's selling well. It's not perfect, but it's definitely an interesting game.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I haven't tried it, but I bought and installed Risen, so I must have gotten a key.

Did they ever say why it was on Steam, then off Steam, then back again?

I'm glad it's selling well. It's not perfect, but it's definitely an interesting game.[/QUOTE]

There was some issue with the publisher and the US rights, if I remember right. It took em awhile but they got it squared away.

Some more Steam news.

Witcher 2 preorder is now up - $44.99 and you get a lot of goodies with it.

NFS Hot Pursuit is NOT coming to Steam, as twittered by EA. Weird, as every other DD client has it.

Bad Company 2 is $19.99 normal price now... at that price, everyone should grab a copy. EA confirmed that Battlefield: Vietnam will be coming to Steam as well (right now it's only available at EA's store.)

And the digital version of Vietnam will play well with the retail disc of BC2 right?

Oh, and someone add Dungeon Defenders to the OP. I think it got pushed back, but I'm still excited for it. Sure wish Steam would update the page, though, to mention if they have an exclusive pet like other DDs.

the only reason I havent already bought it is because the holiday sale is nearly here.
[quote name='animalspinners']Some more Steam news.

Witcher 2 preorder is now up - $44.99 and you get a lot of goodies with it.

NFS Hot Pursuit is NOT coming to Steam, as twittered by EA. Weird, as every other DD client has it.

Bad Company 2 is $19.99 normal price now... at that price, everyone should grab a copy. EA confirmed that Battlefield: Vietnam will be coming to Steam as well (right now it's only available at EA's store.)[/QUOTE]

Price is now $17.99 and 40% off on Sniper as the weekend deal... it was $14.99 and 50% off.

Not sure why they raised the price but it doesn't look like its worth it, to be honest.

Guess it was just a glitch, now it's back to 50% off.

Portal 2 has been pushed back another 2 months to April 2011. fucking fuck.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']And the digital version of Vietnam will play well with the retail disc of BC2 right?[/QUOTE]

I should hope so, since digital is the only way to get Vietnam. Of course, I can guarantee you that you can't buy Vietnam on Steam, and have it work with the disc version of BC2. If you want to play Vietnam with the disc version of BC2, you'll probably need to buy Vietnam from EA's own digital store.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Portal 2 has been pushed back another 2 months to April 2011. fucking fuck.

I should hope so, since digital is the only way to get Vietnam. Of course, I can guarantee you that you can't buy Vietnam on Steam, and have it work with the disc version of BC2. If you want to play Vietnam with the disc version of BC2, you'll probably need to buy Vietnam from EA's own digital store.[/QUOTE]

just another instance of "valve time"

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Portal 2 has been pushed back another 2 months to April 2011. fucking fuck.

I should hope so, since digital is the only way to get Vietnam. Of course, I can guarantee you that you can't buy Vietnam on Steam, and have it work with the disc version of BC2. If you want to play Vietnam with the disc version of BC2, you'll probably need to buy Vietnam from EA's own digital store.[/QUOTE]

DO NOT LIKE. It's what happened to retailer purchases of Borderlands, right? Sigh.

So I'd love to pre-purchase Witcher 2, as I'd love to have it on Steam, but look at all those goodies you get with it. Half of those are physical goodies. How the hell are you supposed to download those? I wish I could get a physical copy and activate it on Steam.

Also, I suppose it'll be much cheaper than $45 over one of the holiday sales, and I still want to play the first Witcher again. I just would like to show my support of the sequel with a pre-order...

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So I'd love to pre-purchase Witcher 2, as I'd love to have it on Steam, but look at all those goodies you get with it. Half of those are physical goodies. How the hell are you supposed to download those? I wish I could get a physical copy and activate it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

The papercrafts are printable, the making-of stuff is video files, the soundtrack is MP3s, et cetera.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The papercrafts are printable, the making-of stuff is video files, the soundtrack is MP3s, et cetera.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't handle the excitement and pre-ordered. Sometimes you just gotta show your support. Although I think it's a little odd that Steam makes you actually pay before the game even comes out. Oh well.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']With all the Portal 2 pushbacks, I hope they're adding more stuff! I'd love some competitive multiplayer modes.[/QUOTE]

That'd be cool, but I doubt it. I don't think 2 months is enough time to add a competitive multiplayer mode. It's probably for extra bug-squashing time and some extra polish. We get a few extra challenge maps or something though.

Is there some way at all to get any type of a heads up as to what Steam may throw on sale next week for their black Friday/holiday sale?

[quote name='Spyder187']Is there some way at all to get any type of a heads up as to what Steam may throw on sale next week for their black Friday/holiday sale?[/QUOTE]
No, nothing beyond guesses. I'm hoping for a five dollar dead space, mirror's edge, and a nice discount on Amnesia. I think the black friday one is just from friday to monday.

[quote name='sotc1988']No, nothing beyond guesses. I'm hoping for a five dollar dead space, mirror's edge, and a nice discount on Amnesia. I think the black friday one is just from friday to monday.[/QUOTE]

It's not actually a BF sale rather than a Thanksgiving sale, at least that's how it was last year. IIRC it ran a full week.

OP, I'm pretty sure Super Meat Boy has been announced for Steam, but I didn't see it on your list in the second post.

For black friday, I'm hoping for

bread's done
Back