The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='fairtrade']If Sonic and FF I&II went down again, I'll have to go by Target this morning. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Hm. Sonic 3 was sold out (rats) and FF I&II was still marked about $21. I think the Target stores down here may push their price cuts a week late or something, otherwise I'm not sure why the Zelda sword / shield only got cut to about $20 this last week. Meh, whatever.[/quote]

I don't think anyone has seen the Zelda box for less than 19.98. The FF I&II was marked down at my Targets (around $15 or $12). It's worth scanning to be sure.

Can someone post the DPCI #'s for Wario Ware: Touched!, Megaman Zero 4, and Kirby Airride. By the way, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth (PC) is Price Cut for $9.99.

Found a Killer 7 for $7.48, but the ipod hi-fi I really want is still at $174.xx and one was missing. Crap, I hope the 75% drop is soon or the last couple may be gone soon as well.

[quote name='KingCrow02']Can someone post the DPCI #'s for Wario Ware: Touched!, Megaman Zero 4, and Kirby Airride. By the way, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth (PC) is Price Cut for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Touched: 207020076
Zero 4: 207040073

You might check Circuit City if you have one nearby for Airride; I've seen it in the $8-10 there in the past.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']My store has a copy of killer 7, is it worth it? I havent really heard anything about this game.[/QUOTE]

If it's for GC it's extremely worth it. The game is one of the most creative games I've played, with great characters and story.

[quote name='CGH']I found one copy of Lego Star Wars GBA but it rang up $14.98 I did not buy it.[/quote]The 2 copies of We

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']My store has a copy of killer 7, is it worth it? I havent really heard anything about this game.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree with aoLat and found it to be a self-important post-modern wannabe that was just boring to play through.

And this was a very special type of boring. It was so irritating to me, I actually felt offended that Capcom wanted me to play through this to read through more of their asinine story, which is difficult to pick up if you don't keep up with the whole of Eastern culture anyway.

Some of the gunplay isn't too bad though, and there are enough enjoyable and ridiculous moments to merit... watching someone ELSE suffer through playing it.

I have trouble begrudging the people who DO like it though. I can see it clicking for other people who have more tolerance for tedium, but this isn't a game I can recommend.

I went to another Target in my area today and saw the almost ever title in the list that was clearanced, except for the Kirby Canvas game. I can't find that at any Targets! I was tempted to buy some of these clearance games today but have to hold out to see if they drop again soon. Saw many PSP titles, XBox, PS2 and GC. Some ones I haven't seen before:

iconxbox_r2.gif

Mercanaries $9.98
Conker Live..$9.98 (being 360 BC, taking a chance on this one)

Can't remember too many others but can't wait for the next drop. There are about 10 or so titles that have been removed from the clearance area, cough, and have found a new home in another area of the store until I'm ready to adopt them.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I respectfully disagree with aoLat and found it to be a self-important post-modern wannabe that was just boring to play through.

And this was a very special type of boring. It was so irritating to me, I actually felt offended that Capcom wanted me to play through this to read through more of their asinine story, which is difficult to pick up if you don't keep up with the whole of Eastern culture anyway.

Some of the gunplay isn't too bad though, and there are enough enjoyable and ridiculous moments to merit... watching someone ELSE suffer through playing it.

I have trouble begrudging the people who DO like it though. I can see it clicking for other people who have more tolerance for tedium, but this isn't a game I can recommend.[/quote]

This game seems to be so hit or miss with people- I either hear they loved it or completely hated it. For less than $8 I couldn't pass up the chance to find out for myself. I don't think you'd be taking too much of a risk as you'd probably be able to trade it in (for more than $8) or trade it here with someone.

I saw a bunch of Mario Pinball Land (GBA) tonight for $20.98 - not much of a clearance, but maybe worth it after a few more drops.

I also saw the Fire Emblem (GBA) for $14.98 as reported.......is that game worth $15? should I pick it up? any thoughts? i've never played the fire emblem games before.....

Xbox Doom 3 Collector's Edition $4.98
Beaverton, OR

Since I'll probably be getting a 360 soon I'm starting to pick up cheap Xbox games, so I grabbed it. I figured for $5 it has got to be worth a shot (or tradeable in any case).

[quote name='io']Xbox Doom 3 Collector's Edition $4.98
Beaverton, OR

Since I'll probably be getting a 360 soon I'm starting to pick up cheap Xbox games, so I grabbed it. I figured for $5 it has got to be worth a shot (or tradeable in any case).[/QUOTE]

Its definetly worth at least one playthrough.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its definetly worth at least one playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured I should know that, but I've actually never played any version of Doom and am not a big FPS guy. But now I have this for $5 and Half-Life 2 for $2 from Kmart. I figured for $7 combined I might as well give 'em a shot, though they will sit on the backlog pile for a while most likely.

Doom 3 has an 88 average from Metacritic, so that's good enough for me to keep it.

Noticed Fraud saw Conker Live and Reloaded-- would love to get this to have another cool game to play on Live other than Halo 2 (I'm a sucker with no 360) so if anyone in AZ sees this game, please post a reply! 10 bucks is the perfect price for this game. Thanks.

Got One Piece: Pirates' Carnival (GC) for $4.98 and Gunpey DS for $7.48 today. Amazed they dropped again so quick since I was just there two days ago and it was double that.

The iPod system was still at $174.98 though and did not drop like the others did that week. What's the next drop price on that one expected to be?

[quote name='GunstarRed']Got One Piece: Pirates' Carnival (GC) for $4.98 and Gunpey DS for $7.48 today. Amazed they dropped again so quick since I was just there two days ago and it was double that.
[/QUOTE]

DAMN, I definitely want those two at those prices (after having seen both at twice that). However, I scanned a One Piece on Sunday (presumably the same time you did) and it was still $9.98. And thus the YMMV on Target clearance pricing raises its ugly head. :lol:

updated the list, and thought i'd add this at the bottom as an fyi:

not game-related, but Target offers coupons on groceries that are printable and more than one can be used on a transaction (1 per item), and also mfg. coupons stack. http://coupons.50webs.org/ is the site with all the current coupons. figured i'd share because i lurk SD as they do here and i know some people are poor college students (like myself) or have kids or just want to save some $$. :D
http://coupons.50webs.org/

[quote name='CGH']I will but I have a feeling that when it drops to $7.48 I will not find it again.:(

Is Mario Kart DS going clearance anytime soon?[/quote]

i highly doubt it, considering it still sells crazy good. especially since tons of parents bought their kids ds lites this past holiday season (and stock still hasn't fully recovered) and mario kart ds and new super mario bros were some of the more familiar titles parents buy their kids. plus i think it was even being advertised in the fall, despite it being released a year ago.

[quote name='io']DAMN, I definitely want those two at those prices (after having seen both at twice that). However, I scanned a One Piece on Sunday (presumably the same time you did) and it was still $9.98. And thus the YMMV on Target clearance pricing raises its ugly head. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I saw the same prices at my target this weekend, though I didn't get them out of the case to scan. My son is wanting the one piece, he may buy it at $10, but at $5 it's a definite buy.

I just returned from Target when I arrived at the store a employee was price checking and marking the games. I bought their final copy of Lego Star Wars GBA $7.48 :) and I also bought an extra copy of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones $7.48 to trade I am looking to trade it for Kirby Canvas Curse or Mega Man Zero 4. Genji Dawn of the Samurai is now $7.48

Score! Went into my Target this morning looking for We love katamari, and there was one copy left in the front of the clearance rack for $7.48!! And if that wasn't enough, I got the last copy of Pikmin 2 (non PC) for $9.99! Im a happy gamer today.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't have the time to scan the whole thread.

Just was at Target picking up supplies and found

Conkers Bad Fur Day (Xbox) $4.98
Burnout Revenge (Xbox) $4.98
Streets of NY (Xbox) $4.98
Mercenaries (Xbox) $9.98

I bought Conker, already have Streets of NY Collector's Edition, and I have the 360 version of Burnout Revenge.

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but didn't.

Just got back from target. Got Death Jr. PSP for 4.98, Gunpey DS 7.48, X-men Legends 2 - GC 4.98, Wipeout PSP - $4.98, Twisted Metal PSP 4.98. This was the Muskegon, MI store.

[quote name='Haggar']Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't have the time to scan the whole thread.

Just was at Target picking up supplies and found

Conkers Bad Fur Day (Xbox) $4.98
Burnout Revenge (Xbox) $4.98
Streets of NY (Xbox) $4.98
Mercenaries (Xbox) $9.98

I bought Conker, already have Streets of NY Collector's Edition, and I have the 360 version of Burnout Revenge.

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but didn't.

[/QUOTE]
4.98 for Conker? Damn I gotta go buy that.

Scored the last copies of RE4 and Starfox Assault for $9.98 each today, and Gunpey DS for $7.48. They had lots of copies of Baten Kaitos and Mario Golf for GC also at $9.98, but I'm going to wait til they get to the $5 range.

Anyone know if camping/fishing/sporting goods get dropped on Mondays as well? I'm waiting on some camping gear and fishing poles to drop to 75% off and want to get there the day they drop. Also wouldn't mind grabbing a dart board and a foosball table.

[quote name='Melatonin']Scored the last copies of RE4 and Starfox Assault for $9.98 each today, and Gunpey DS for $7.48. They had lots of copies of Baten Kaitos and Mario Golf for GC also at $9.98, but I'm going to wait til they get to the $5 range.[/QUOTE]

Wait, which Baten Kaitos are you talking about? Not the newer one!? I haven't seen the older one around for ages though. I'd snap up the newer one at $9.98 in a heartbeat.

[quote name='io']Wait, which Baten Kaitos are you talking about? Not the newer one!? I haven't seen the older one around for ages though. I'd snap up the newer one at $9.98 in a heartbeat.[/quote]

As reported earlier in this thread, it's the older one. I found a store with a bunch of copies as well, although most stores are sold out of it.

[quote name='Rictor']As reported earlier in this thread, it's the older one. I found a store with a bunch of copies as well, although most stores are sold out of it.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I guess I ignored that entry as I haven't seen the older BK at a Target in well over a year. It has been clearanced out at so many other places since then as well!

I'm waiting on that new one to drop. With my luck it will go OOP and become rare (since I bought the first one at full price originally then saw it everywhere for less than $10).

I managed to snag Sonic Advance for $9.98 and Gunpey for $7.48. Skeptical if Gunpey will be any good, but eh, if it sucks I'm sure I can resell it or trade it or something.

Too bad neither of the stores I've been to in the area have any of the GameCube games.

[quote name='io']Ooops, I guess I ignored that entry as I haven't seen the older BK at a Target in well over a year. It has been clearanced out at so many other places since then as well!

I'm waiting on that new one to drop. With my luck it will go OOP and become rare (since I bought the first one at full price originally then saw it everywhere for less than $10).[/quote]

Possibly...they definitely printed less of the new one than the old one...and games printed near the end of a console's life have a tendency for shorter print runs and rarity down the line.

[quote name='Rictor']Anyone know if camping/fishing/sporting goods get dropped on Mondays as well? I'm waiting on some camping gear and fishing poles to drop to 75% off and want to get there the day they drop. Also wouldn't mind grabbing a dart board and a foosball table.[/QUOTE]

Mondays are electronics, IIRC. My store had a bunch of golf stuff on sale...right after I buy some better stuff elsewhere.

Did anyone here pick up an extra copy of Kirby Canvas Curse? If so, I would like to buy that off you....I've been to a zillion stores in LA, not a single on has it (non-Targets included)

are dcpis the numbers on the red tags before was/now?

if so...
gunpey - 207-02-0220
sonic advance 3 - 207-04-0638

where do you search for these? on target's website?

Went to Target this morning hoping the ipod hi-fi's were marked down again but no dice. I'm thinking about biting at the current price since I have a 10% off certificate if I use the Target Visa. Hmmmm....

But I did manage to snag a $7.48 We

[quote name='shrike4242']DCPI #'s for anything people have purchased would be helpful to try and find out inventory at other stores.[/QUOTE]

The $4.98 Conker I bought I think came up as a generic Xbox game.

207160866 XBOX SFT M $4.98

Not sure what a "DCPI#" is, I took the number that came up on the receipt.

[quote name='lawdood']Went to Target this morning hoping the ipod hi-fi's were marked down again but no dice. I'm thinking about biting at the current price since I have a 10% off certificate if I use the Target Visa. Hmmmm....
[/QUOTE]
It's still a good deal. Is it possible that these will never go any lower than 50% off?

[quote name='icruise']It's still a good deal. Is it possible that these will never go any lower than 50% off?[/quote]

That's what I'm wondering. I've read the stories of people who say stuff sometimes hits the 50% mark and that's it. I'm getting worried that these may disappear soon anyway as there was a Target employee creeping around and followed me back to where the hi'fi's were after I ran one under a price scanner. He was intently checking that red clearance price tag on 'em. :whistle2:x

[quote name='Haggar']The $4.98 Conker I bought I think came up as a generic Xbox game.

207160866 XBOX SFT M $4.98

Not sure what a "DCPI#" is, I took the number that came up on the receipt.[/quote] DCPI #'s are Target's SKU. And if they're slapping the generic Xbox SFT M tags on there, or changing the UPC's for generic DCPI's, then it'll make finding some of this tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back