The Thomas Memorial OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remembered something, one of the science teachers here must have a holy grail themed card set, because every now and then he has a different card pinned to the board outside his office. Some of them are pretty funny.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did any of you get the Burnout Big Surf Island DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah- it was a nice little diversion from the main game. I think it was worth 13 bucks, but I was disappointed that the unlockable cars were just legendary toys (but they are still cool as hell).

[quote name='nbballard']Yeah- it was a nice little diversion from the main game. I think it was worth 13 bucks, but I was disappointed that the unlockable cars were just legendary toys (but they are still cool as hell).[/QUOTE]

Are there new achievements for the new island?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are there new achievements for the new island?[/QUOTE]

I got it for the PS3, and there were about 10 new trophies- I don't see why there wouldn't be new achievements for the 360. They were all pretty easily gotten too. The hardest one was "complete all island freeburn challenges", but since the content was new, it was easy to get everyone to play. There are only 10-12 new ones, so a few other guys from the PS3 board knocked them out pretty fast.

I played for a few hours, and I had all the trophies before I turned it off the first night.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Do the toy versions have the same gameplay gimmicks as the real ones? That's kind of awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yes- they all have the same abilities. I didn't like the spirit originally, because it was too floaty, and seemed to take a ton of damage- but the toy spirit is great.

Yeah, MNL, I am, too.

What I'm not feeling is this generic, corny-ass Street Sweeper Social Club album. Good gawd is this ever boring. Tom playing the same riffs he's been recycling for years with Boots Riley sounding completely uninspired.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Yeah, MNL, I am, too.

What I'm not feeling is this generic, corny-ass Street Sweeper Social Club album. Good gawd is this ever boring. Tom playing the same riffs he's been recycling for years with Boots Riley sounding completely uninspired.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of a let down, guess I'll skip it completely.

J$P was pretty good, too, yeah.

But this SSSC shit just shows how Tom hasn't changed his ways at all. Ah well, maybe a second listen will change that but who knows.

And The Ecstatic is what happens when Stones Throw producers work with a talented emcee.

I liked SSSC live, but that might have been because I was pumped for the show. I'll have to buy that album right now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fuck...and my Monday has already gone downhill...sometimes I wish I'd get fired so that I'd have motivation to find something else :bomb:[/QUOTE]
The way things are right now, i'd be happy you have a job.

I know how you feel though, i wish i could find something. Found out the metro government has a co-op program for IT students, but it's only for students at a certain school.

[quote name='Mojimbo']:lol: @ that Street Sweeper rant.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='lordwow']I thought they had machines that cleaned streets now :cool:[/QUOTE]

My lawd.

[quote name='munch']I liked SSSC live, but that might have been because I was pumped for the show. I'll have to buy that album right now.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt that they'd make for a fun live show, but yeah, this ain't cuttin' it.

[quote name='JolietJake']The way things are right now, i'd be happy you have a job.

I know how you feel though, i wish i could find something. Found out the metro government has a co-op program for IT students, but it's only for students at a certain school.[/QUOTE]

That's what my university does, our big thing is the co-op program (it's a 5 year undergrad instead of 4), and they lock into a ton of exclusive deals with companies for co-ops (Gillette, State Street, etc)... unfortunately a lot of these places can't afford to hire co-ops anymore, so a lot of kids are stuck without a job.

[quote name='Rocko']83, did you ever get the WoW loot card that gives you the turtle mount in-game?

I really want that. :lol:

Unfortunately it's extremely rare, and card games aren't my thing.[/QUOTE]

I did not but I did get enough points from Upper Deck to get the Frost Tabard.

I really wanted the Spectral Tiger mount.

[quote name='lordwow']That's what my university does, our big thing is the co-op program (it's a 5 year undergrad instead of 4), and they lock into a ton of exclusive deals with companies for co-ops (Gillette, State Street, etc)... unfortunately a lot of these places can't afford to hire co-ops anymore, so a lot of kids are stuck without a job.[/QUOTE]
It just pisses me off that it's the Metro city government doing it. That sort of thing should be open to anyone. If it were a private company, then that's their choice.

I didn't mean awesome as in WOH SO COOL, I meant awesome in that the people are standing up for what they believe in and taking on a corrupt system of gov't.

Americans are far too apathetic for anything like that. Though i think if it did happen here, it would probably be more dangerous. All of those gun totting rednecks with their hordes of guns and ammo would finally get the chance to try and over throw the government. Tad bit more dangerous than rocks and molotovs.

:O

Sorry about that.

--

You have to remember how much better connected we are, Moxio. My boy Cory Doctorow and girl Xeni Jarden have both been posting new proxies somewhat regularly to their twitter accounts so that the people in Iran aren't cut off by the government. We don't have to worry about that sort of thing to nearly the same extent. If such a thing happened in the states, it would spread like wildfire.

Did I miss an enemy skill in FF7 if one of my members didn't have the ES materia during that Shinra elevator fight? I'll be pissed if I did because my save before that is at the entrance. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Liquid 2']:O

Sorry about that.
[/QUOTE]

No worries, re-reading it I can certainly see how you drew that conclusion.

That's what kills me, seems that people in the west riot over sports events more than for political reasons. European soccer riots are absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back