The Thomas Memorial OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='h3llbring3r']When you tell a caterer, photographer, florist, tent/furniture rental place, venue management that anything is for a wedding you can expect to pay at least 50% more than the going rate.

Our cost were actually comparatively for a southern wedding, I was lucky to get a florist for cost (aunt), caterer for cost plus (family friend) and a discounted venue. Of all our friends we had the cheapest wedding per person, but because of the size of our families and businesses related invitation obligations, the largest.

They are colossal wastes of money IMO. Had her parents offered us the "cash out" for a small wedding option that most of my friends got offered we would have taken it, but they didn't. My friends were idiots for not taking their parents cash, again IMO.[/QUOTE]

our families can't afford to help us pay for a wedding so the 2 of us and maybe 1 witness each will be going somewhere fucking awesome (where yas yet tbd) and that's it. if anyone else wants to come and can afford it, ya'll are welcome. we'll probably have a reception once we get back but it won't be a "wedding" just a party.

ff7scloud After posting my idea to the world I think the hacker that's been watching me just left. My PC is running faster apps are

about 1 hour ago from web

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, I've only been married for about one day, but I can honestly say it's just like dating, only now there's one more person with your horrifically complicated last name.[/QUOTE]

sig-worthy.

Girlfriend's sister is getting married in two weeks - they're expecting 35 tables at the reception with 10 people at each one. Not sure of the exact cost, but I'm pretty sure it's expensive.

[quote name='Chika']our families can't afford to help us pay for a wedding so the 2 of us and maybe 1 witness each will be going somewhere fucking awesome (where yas yet tbd) and that's it. if anyone else wants to come and can afford it, ya'll are welcome. we'll probably have a reception once we get back but it won't be a "wedding" just a party.[/QUOTE]

Both my sister-in-law and my first cousin did this- and they were/are the happiest with their decision. It's definitely the way to go. In additional to being the most financially responsible it is also the least stressful.

Health problems of our parents aside- planning, executing and dealing with the marriage was the single most stressful thing my wife and I have ever done.

I honestly don't know why people want huge weddings like that. Why pay money for an extravagant wedding with lots of people and some of them are only coming because they feel obligated to?

I would much rather have a nice wedding with just family and a small group of close friends.

[quote name='darthbudge']
I would much rather have a nice wedding with just family and a small group of close friends.[/QUOTE]
This.
Too bad it's not up to us.

[quote name='Moxio']God?amn, Odom is just nailing threes.[/QUOTE]
fuck the NBA, I want my Cavs/Lakers finals dammit. :whistle2:(

But in all seriousness, I haven't watched more than 15 seconds of the finals this year. Don't really care for either team at all, but a Kobe Lebron showdown would have been nice.

Munch - I'm not sure how I feel about that trade. Shaq's getting old, but at the same time Ben Wallace didn't do shit through out most of the playoffs, so I guess theres really no negatives to it. Shaq and Z down low would have made for a good combo against Dwight, if they could find out how to work together unlike Z and wallace.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']This.
Too bad it's not up to us.[/QUOTE]

Same. We just wanted a backyard barbecue but her father said we had to do this right.

Plus, remember that the more people you invite, the more gifts/money you get. We only had about 117 people and we made about $4800. Imagine if we had invited double that.

That sucks temp

I was at my family friend's wedding yesterday and they had something like 28 tables and at least 3 of the tables had only 1 or 2 people showed up. The thing that sucked for him was that each table cost about $600 if everyone who RSVP'ed showed up.

Well, in the end, we got hitched and that's what was important. I'd love to confront the people who didn't bring anything and just came for the food and open bar, but eh, whatever.

thekeybladewarrior's sister had a pretty big wedding. a bit over 50,000 w/ a two story venue full of people. pretty crazy stuff. her family stinks. :whistle2:|

EDIT: I think she got divorced not even a year later. So much for that. :lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']I honestly don't know why people want huge weddings like that. Why pay money for an extravagant wedding with lots of people and some of them are only coming because they feel obligated to?

I would much rather have a nice wedding with just family and a small group of close friends.[/QUOTE]
Budget Budge, wedding planner.

[quote name='Eviltude']Don't count them out. I want them to play at least one more game. I'm going to die when baseball is the only thing on.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it is over. Nelson is in, Howard has five fouls, the Magic are still turning the ball over and missing free throws. It's over.

[quote name='Chika']our families can't afford to help us pay for a wedding so the 2 of us and maybe 1 witness each will be going somewhere fucking awesome (where yas yet tbd) and that's it. if anyone else wants to come and can afford it, ya'll are welcome. we'll probably have a reception once we get back but it won't be a "wedding" just a party.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what we're doing as well as I posted in the OTT, we're going to do it in Hawaii, just us, a JoP and witnesses.

[quote name='tiredfornow']thekeybladewarrior's sister had a pretty big wedding. a bit over 50,000 w/ a two story venue full of people. pretty crazy stuff. her family stinks. :whistle2:|

EDIT: I think she got divorced not even a year later. So much for that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: @ the edit.

lordwow - did you hear anything about the spac concert from your significant other? I remember you did last year about how awesome the setlist was. This years show just completley blew last year out of the water by far. Such an amazing show last night.

If LeBron had one player with him who was worth a damn he'd be in the Finals. Put another way, if LeBron was on the Lakers they would have swept the Magic with no OTs.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I'll pm it to you, dcfox.[/QUOTE]
Got it already. Thanks.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Is it a Wii?[/QUOTE]
It's not a Wii and it's not cash. But I'll try and make it something that doesn't suck completely.

I guy who lives near me has this car:

1958-BMW-Isetta-300-Coupe-Green-PO.jpg

I want one soooooooooooooooo bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back