The Truth about Halo 2

how does the OP know that he didnt play a beta version? or how about this conspiracy theory? that version was deliberatley leaked with all of those things missing and the bad points and acting angry about the leak while secretly chuckling about how they have the real game ready for release. Or maybe Bush had a hand in the French version and denied them certain features? :p

[quote name='TubeRacer'][quote name='fireball343']EDIT: some people belive that it was a final copy but by the way many people are describing it, it sounds like the beta[/quote]

Exactly. It DOES sound like the beta, but you need to wake up. That's why this is so discouraging. What SHOULD be the beta is actually the final version. If you actually have ANY valid sources for your claims besides "it sounds like a beta" then maybe I'd listen. Even Bungie knows the leak is a final.[/quote]

Well...considering the game hasn't been released yet and they only way you could possibly have it in your possession is if you downloaded it...how do you KNOW it's not a beta? Even if the word "FINAL" is in the the file name doesn't mean it actually IS the final version you pirated off the internet. Hackers aren't exactly known for always being truthful in their actions.

Well, I think Bungie admitted it's the final version. What I want to know is how you could download an Xbox game.

Disappointing but not a dealbreaker. Thanks for the headsup but i think i'll wait for a reputable source with a review copy to give me the finer details. No sys link co-op? They should have left the vehicles well enough alone. Balancing can be done in patches for the online thankfully.

[quote name='zionoverfire']So basically the Campaign sucks and the warthog isn't that great, What else is new? Halo was never about the Campaign mode.[/quote]
Im pretty sure Bungie has said the SP is the most important thing to them.
BTW OP, it says on the offical Halo 2 FAQ:
Q

Will there be multiplayer bots?
A

We have not made a final decision regarding bots yet. The team has heard the cries of fans and we're exploring ways to make multiplayer games more enjoyable for gamers with only 2 controllers and no Live access.

How did they make the multiplayer game more enjoyable for gamers with only 2 controllers and no Live access?

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='zionoverfire']So basically the Campaign sucks and the warthog isn't that great, What else is new? Halo was never about the Campaign mode.[/quote]
Q

A

We have not made a final decision regarding bots yet. The team has heard the cries of fans and we're exploring ways to make multiplayer games more enjoyable for gamers with only 2 controllers and no Live access.

How did they make the multiplayer game more enjoyable for gamers with only 2 controllers and no Live access?[/quote]

I'm afraid I have no clue what your trying to say but I just know that everyone I know who has halo plays online or multiplayer than they do on the Campaign.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='zionoverfire']So basically the Campaign sucks and the warthog isn't that great, What else is new? Halo was never about the Campaign mode.[/quote]
Q

A

How did they make the multiplayer game more enjoyable for gamers with only 2 controllers and no Live access?[/quote]

I'm afraid I have no clue what your trying to say but I just know that everyone I know who has halo plays online or multiplayer than they do on the Campaign.[/quote]
I think it was stated in one of the recient mags that had Halo 2 single player coverage, that they only had 2 or three people working on multiplayer, and the rest working on single player because it was more important to them.

Its pretty funny how he had NOTHING positive to say about the game. The guy is overexaggerating, and flat out lying. Now go away little troll and go play your precious (and mediocre) Halo killer 'Killzone' demo.

[quote name='Kaijufan']they only had 2 or three people working on multiplayer, and the rest working on single player because it was more important to them.[/quote]

4 to be exact. :wink:

This kind of thread is inevitable. It's a place for all the uber-fans and nay-sayers to get together and bitch, bitch, bitch. The nay-sayers bite at the oppurtunity to say "I told ya so," and the uber-fans look for reasons to dismiss the negatives, even if there are no positive alternatives. All this while neither party has actually played the game. I'll admit that I often fall into the latter group, but I'll try and save any further praise for when I actually get to play the game.

this is kinda off topic but why not,
my friend, hell no, kid at school was talking about this metal box a bungie employee gave him with halo2 in it and a timer and it opened over the last week( was fall break here). he was talking about how easy the game was for him and he's ranked 3rd in Texas 5th in the country and 13th in the world. i found this hillarous. i remeber in 3rd grade people making up stories, but in high school i think we can stop. i had one kid tell me 2 years ago, the he was playing steel battlion online, a month before the game even came out.

Here's the thing,

because it's a BIG TIME game for the Box it's going to have a great deal of people wanting it to do well. It's likely going to sell a million copies whether it sucks ot not so a thread to shoot it down is pointless. Look at how well Fable sold.

It's going to be a hit no matter what, any bad review will be too late to stop it. True or not, this thread might dissuade one or two people but against the millions, it's a drop in the bucket.

I have personally talked to people who have played the multiplayer, and even in beta version they said they liked it more than halo 1. If I can play a better multiplayer halo online, i'll be a happy guy.

I have some high hopes for the story after reading the books and the ilovebees audio story being of such high quality.. im glad the OP didn't post any story spoilers.

I guarentee you that 99% of you wouldn't even care what he said if he had been praising the game like it's god. You're all pissed because he said it's no where near as good as it was hyped up to be.

What do you expect? Of course it's going to be no where near as good as the hype! For example, Everyone was so amazed that he could dual wield. Do you know how man FPS games out there have been dual wielding? 5 years at least! People will ge thteir hands on the game and realize, "hey, I've played this in 20 different games! what's so cool about it?"

But I have my halo 2 reserved. I'm expecting a good game that I can sit through and enjoy for about a month then put away (as it offers no replay value... at least for single player) except for occasional parties with halo 2 at them.

Lots of people thought that System Shock 2's storyline sucked, too. People have their opinions, but that doesn't mean those opinions apply to you.

Similarly, I though Halo was average, and wasn't in the least bit impressed by the single player campaign (I didn't really like multiplayer, either).

Best course of action: Play it when it comes out and form your own opinion.

[quote name='kristianator']i also heard master chief gets fatter if he eats too much junk food[/quote]

I heard that that Master Chief can roll up warthogs and covenant soldiers into a big ball, all to techno music.

[quote name='Alpha2']Here's the thing,

because it's a BIG TIME game for the Box it's going to have a great deal of people wanting it to do well. It's likely going to sell a million copies whether it sucks ot not so a thread to shoot it down is pointless. Look at how well Fable sold.

It's going to be a hit no matter what, any bad review will be too late to stop it. True or not, this thread might dissuade one or two people but against the millions, it's a drop in the bucket.[/quote]

1.5 million preorders so selling a million would be a disappointment

if you press up up down down left right left right b a start before the title screen, you can play the secret 2d sidescroller halo 3

halo 3: the alien wars

[quote name='Alpha2']Here's the thing,

It's going to be a hit no matter what, any bad review will be too late to stop it. True or not, this thread might dissuade one or two people but against the millions, it's a drop in the bucket.[/quote]
its not pointless, you are in denile, so many people are

beat tthe game a couple of days ago

moreo f the same

LOTS of people will be disappointed

still fun

just more of the same

sorry

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='Alpha2']Here's the thing,

its not pointless, you are in denile, so many people are[/quote]

Dude, if he was in deNile, he'd be soaking wet.

You know there will be plenty of people saying "Oh this game is not that great" for attention, and it will work. Let the people say what they want, it is ultimately up to you to decide whether or not the game is good. Anyway, I've forced myself not to expect too much from this game, unlike many other people, and if it is really that great I will be blown away by it.

Even if it was the same game engine that just continued the story I would love halo 2. I so want to know what happens next. The I love bees audio story is so good. The highlight of this week was Gladys getting revenge on Thin.. I wanted to applaud. When J^2 died It was as moving as Aeris' death. Weird how attached so many people have become to charachters we've never even seen, only heard.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about and wants to catch up on the assembled story go to this page

This gives me a lot of confidence for halo 2's story

Right. Judge for yourself, but if you want, you can take into consideration the information provided about the game. Makes sense to me. If I'd not expected Halo 2 to be as good as they made it out to be, I wouldn't have been so disappointed. Oh well.

To clarify many things, and to make life simpler, I've compiled everything into a nice list. Potential minor spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Facts:

• There are no bots in multiplayer

• You can enter multiplayer levels alone, without needing to insert a 2nd dummy controller into a slot

• The Flamethrower does not exist in Halo 2

• Up to 16 players on up to 16 Xboxes

• You now have the option of turning on/off Active Camouflauge and Overshield (which is now bright yellow) in multiplayer

• You can unlock things by playing Campaign

• Grenades aren't as "rare" and "hard to find" as popular rumor says they are

• Blood Gultch (Coagulation) and Battle Creek (Beaver Creek) were redone and included in multiplayer

• There are 12 known multiplayer levels so far: Lockout, Ascension, Midship, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Burial Mounds, Colossus, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Headlong, Waterworks, and Foundation

• The gametype “Race” was removed

• There are seven multiplayer gametypes: Slayer, King of the Hill, Oddball, Juggernaut, Capture the Flag, Assault, and Territories

• Weapon lineup:

Battle Rifle
Magnum
SMG
Rocket Launcher
Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Frag Grenade

Needler
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Rifle
Brute Plasma Rifle
Brute Shot
Energy Sword
Beam Rifle
Fuel Rod Gun
Carbine
Plasma Grenade

• *POSSIBLE SPOILER* There are 15 Campaign levels: The Heretic, Armory, Cairo Station, Outskirts, Metropolis, The Arbiter, Oracle, Delta Halo, Regret, Sacred Icon, Quarantine Zone, Gravemind, Uprising, High Charity, and The Great Journey

• The Fuel Rod Gun is in Halo 2, but only in Campaign

• Character appearance in multiplayer is customizable. You can choose between Spartan and Elite and choose a primary and secondary color. Black is not an option anymore (everyone always chose black anyway, since it was... "stealthy" and/or "cool"), the closest to black is “Steel” which is just gray. You can also choose from an assortment of logos, which go on your arms and back. You can choose a primary and secondary color for your logo, as well as a background pattern for it.

• You lose your secondary weapon during dual-wielding if you attempt to enter a vehicle, do a melee attack, switch weapons, or man a stationary turret.

• The Banshee can now to StarFoxesque maneuvers. Hold left or right (left control stick) and push A to roll left or right, hold down and push A to do a backwards loop. It can also just plain strafe left or right (left control stick).

• The Rocket Launcher fires homing rockets, but only on vehicles, not individual players.

• The Covenant Dropship from Halo 1 was replaced, and is not in Halo 2.

• Subtitles are available as “Automatic,” On, or Off

• In foreign versions, like the French for example, have all text is in English (everywhere). The only part where the language is changed is in Campaign, and it's only the dialogue. Subs will cover everything except dialogue happening while you're playing, such as when Cortana is talking to you.

• LIVE voice masking is possible, but in only one type of voice masking

• Voice output on multiplayer games (like for team chat) can be “Mixed,” TV Speakers only, Xbox Communicator only, or Disabled

• You can choose to appear Online or Offline on LIVE

• Control options are unchanged from Halo 1

This is where it gets bad...

• There is no health meter

• There is no damage meter on vehicles

• The Sniper Rifle’s night vision feature has been removed

• There is no option to turn off destructable vehicles in multiplayer

• The entire scene from E3 2003 doesn't exist, except for the first cutscene where MC doesn’t even play yet

• The watered-down pistol ("Magnum") is hard to find (and extremely weak), runs out of ammo very fast, and takes much longer to reload. The fact that it fires much faster does not make up for the many other downgrades to it.

• **SPOILER WARNING** The Flood return, and just show up out of nowhere, and seemingly for no reason.

• "Halo Humping" is no longer possible. Yeah, you can crouch on dead bodies but the animation for crouching is too long to be funny or offensive to your victim, so it’s just lame now. It just makes you kneel on one knee and looks awkward. It’s just not comical, or even worth doing.

• All vehicles' speeds are reduced by 25-40% (yes, you can use the boosts to go faster though, but that also means restricted maneuverability and no shooting)

• Vehicles get destroyed fairly easy. One rocket or two grenades will take out any non-tank vehicle, except the Ghost which gets destroyed in one grenade

• The Shade turret was removed (and replaced with a different one which you rarely see)

• You don’t get hurt even a tiny bit from falling great distances, even if you jump out of a Banshee (obvious exception: instant death falls, like off a cliff). This makes you wonder why they were talking about how crouching while falling is still going to be a useful tactic for reducing damage taken.

• Models may literally just dissapear in the game when they are killed or destroyed. Enemies, vehicles, it does not matter.

• SMGs have a ton of recoil while every other gun has zero recoil for some reason

• The Warthog has a horn now, accessed by the R button. (It sounds lame and doesn't fit the vehicle.)

• You can no longer use the flashlight in multiplayer. (Idiots would always put it on in dark areas like Rat Race and you could easily see them and kill them. It was fun.)

• You cannot hover with the Banshee. Holding back on the control stick just cuts off your engines and makes you fall straight down. If you’re used to the old Banshee, this will be annoying and hard to get used to.

• The Banshee's Fuel Rod Gun has been renamed to “Banshee Bomb”

• The Banshee Bomb can only be used in Campaign (B button)

• The Banshee will fly exactly the same when it's new as when both of the wings are broken off. This applies to basically all vehicles. They run the same regardless of damage.

• There is no LIVE or system-link co-op

• There is no 3/4 player co-op

• Melee combos were cut from the final game

• Sprinting was cut from the final game

• Peeking was cut from the final game

• Grenades explode much faster. The Frag Grenades explode after the first bounce (which I think is bad), instead of exploding after they stop moving like in Halo 1. The Plasma Grenades are unchanged, except the fuse is a bit shorter (which is good).

• The Energy Sword can kill people in one hit and is extremely (too) effective, even at medium range, since repeated lunges will get you close to your target quite quickly.

• The Wraith tank can shoot those hugeass explosives FAST--like one per second, and can do boosts (unbalanced?)

• In Campaign, when the Covenant drive the Wraith, they have a secondary firing mode which quickly shoots small lasers. You cannot of use this secondary firing when you are driving it however.

• The Battle Rifle only fires in bursts of three bullets, regardless of whether you’re zoomed or not.

• Heavy Vehicle Weapons (Tank Round, Banshee Bomb) do not have round charge indicators. In the original, after firing a blast, a series of dots would tell you exactly when the next round was ready to fire.

• There is no blood when you melee attack the corpses of your enemies.

• You can see your legs when you look down. (They look girly and ugly and can get in the way, especially the Elites'. Plus, they tend to not be consistant with the actual movement of your character. Try looking down and rotating some time.)

• The flashlight turns itself off automatically except for designated areas.

• When you beat a level on, say, Legendary, you don't get an icon or anything in the level select screen saying you've beaten it on Legendary (like in Halo 1), or any other difficulty for that matter. So it makes you feel like you're wasting time when you can just do it on easy since the game won't remember or care which difficulty you were on when the level's over. The only exception is in one menu it tells you what difficulty you beat the last level on. So beat the whole game on easy but the last level on Legendary and to the game it's exactly the same as going through the whole thing on Legendary.

Opinions (Good):

• Multiplayer is still worth playing, and potentially fun, despite the many let-downs and cut features. Given the choice I'd still prefer a Halo 1 LAN however.

• The music is extremely well done. Props to Marty O'Donnel. Buy the soundtrack.

• The menus and loading screens all run very smoothly, and look good visually.

• The graphics, overall, are improved, but not quite to the caliber shown in the 2003 trailers.

Opinions (Bad):

• The storyline was ok at first, but gets progressively more terrible as you go along, and is inconsistent with the books. The ending was just lame.

• The new "Ragdoll" effect on dead corpses looks very unnatural and is a big downgrade from Halo 1's normal corpse motions.

• Physics on all vehicles are changed. In my opinion, they were changed for the worse—especially the Warthog (no more drifting/fishtailing around corners or that fun stuff).

• Repeating environments are not rare, although they try to hide them behind better visuals

• Level borders are very confined (i.e. no going miles out to sea like in Silent
Cartogropher)

• The Energy Sword in multiplayer is always easy to get (except maybe the first time you get it in Zanzibar)

• The difficulty levels weren’t well made. Between Easy, Normal, and Heroic, there is only slight changes in difficulty. None provide too much of a challenge. However, Legendary is ten times harder than anything else and I believe maybe Bungie overcompensated for the easiness of Halo 1.

• The reason people say the AI is really good on Legendary is because 2-3 hits of almost anything will kill you. So it seems like the enemies are using good strategy when really all that's happening is they're shooting you really fast with incredibly accurate death plasma. People get "Good AI" confused with "Their guns are 30x more powerful."

• Destructable environments are very selective and inconsistent. Glass looks the same in most places. Some breaks, some doesn't. Random bits of concrete are destructable. Some barrels explode when you shoot, others only respond to running into them, which just makes them roll around. In Zanzibar, you can walk through these glass walls and they'll shatter, but if you throw grenades at it, they just bounce off. Everything you break in a level is permanent, and there's never really that much to break, so it seems kind of pointless. Even in GoldenEye 007, you could shoot lights and they'd go out. Not here.

• As far as balance goes, the Rocket Launcher, unfortunately, will still be the top choice for free, easy kills. The Battle Rifle will become the successor of the M6D Pistol, and will be the top choice for most skilled players. The shotgun, able to kill people in one blast, will be the top choice for close-ranged combat (excluding the Noob Stick Enery Sword). Dual SMGs will be prime choice for people who just like to hold their finger on R, shoot messily and hope to get kills. I predict the term "BR Sniping" will replace the term "Pistol Sniping."

• Some background images prove to be of low quality. For instance, look at the Covenant Ship painted on in the background in Mombasa. Even the E3 2003 demo had a model for that.

• Decal effects, such as plasma scarring on walls, are less impressive.

• The Plasma Sword looks as if it is made out of plastic, and lacks the radiating glow that could be seen in the original and the versions from E3 2003.

• Zanzibar is probably the best multiplayer level, it's no wonder that was basically the only one Bungie ever showed at Halo 2 exhibitions. Still, none of the multiplayer levels quite meet the good design of Halo 1's levels, since Halo 2 made most of them too complex and spent more time on looking visually good than making it play good. Hang 'em High beats any Halo 2 level.

• The audio for multiplayer things like "Double Kill," "Game Over," etc. have been redone. Most don't sound half as cool as the originals. Listen to him say "Killing spree" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

• There are new animations for all melee attacks. All of them are downgraded from Halo 1. To put it simply, they look retarded. Some melee attacks have 2 different possible animations, which just occur randomly. This is what people are referring to when they falsely claim there are melee combos in Halo 2.

• I felt the game was too short. Going through on normal took me 3-5 hours. Most people will probably take longer since I just ran through. Many of the battles are ones where you can never kill ALL of the enemies, since more always keep coming. This made me feel like I was wasting my time to stop and fight. Since it was possible to just skip most fighting and run straight to the objectives, I did.

• To me, there is far less replay value in Campaign as compared to Halo 1. Specifically, there is none. I was glad to be done so I’d never have to do it again. To this day though, I like to start up repeat games of (Halo 1) Attack on the Control room, and The Silent Cartogropher.

• Halo 2 is better than Fable. I can give it that much credit but none more.

we'll see....

You're making me nervous, though. I really hope the single player is good. I have many reasons to doubt you, because bungie is pretty experienced in making single player levels.. Marathon, Myth, and Halo all had great single player experiences.

[quote name='jer7583']we'll see....

You're making me nervous, though. I really hope the single player is good. I have many reasons to doubt you, because bungie is pretty experienced in making single player levels.. Marathon, Myth, and Halo all had great single player experiences.[/quote]

:rofl:

right.

Halo 2 is sorta ruined for me noe since while I was scrolling down your post I saw the words...

*******SPOILER*******

The Flood

******END SPOILER******

so now I'm even more pissed at you. Why did you have to make such a long fucken post? You really screwed me sorta, even though I have no clue what it's really about and I won't read it, either.

1. It said "read at your own risk"

2. (SPOILER WARNING)

The Flood have no part in the story anyway. They just randomly show up for no reason. Yeah.

END SPOILER.

Why would they take out a lot of the stuff that was already done? Maybe you have an earlier version...

How could all these features be removed that were promised in the game without Bungie saying anything?

Can you imagine now why people who've played it are kinda ticked? Some of the features, or lack of features, Bungie just flat out lied about, and ended up cutting.

Well, I liked halo's single player anyway.. Except for the few repetetive library levels, its really good. Considering most of it was put together in a few months, It's a good game.. I still play assault on the control room every once in a while.. love those giant battles.

Oh and the flood thing wasn't much of a spoiler, cause bungie did mention the flood being in halo 2.

This sounds crazy, but I think all these negative opinions are one of three things.

1. the game is somewhat dissapointing and its true that the single player isn't that great. (I think its more likely that the downloaders aren't really halo fans and pirates don't like many games anyway, they just like getting them for free.. like my roomate, downloads like 10 games, plays each for 10 min and moves on.. piraters don't download most games to play, they just enjoy having them.)

2.These dissenting opinions are being spread by overzealous anti-Xbox fanboys desperate for attention.(probably not the case here, but i can see it happening on gfaqs)

3. Have you ever tried to download a song and gotten one with loud, annoying, glitchy noises instead? Maybe MS is doing just that. Releasing an earlier , less complete build to confuse the pirate market while going after and shutting down the distributors of the real version. The piracy happened about a week ago. These negative opinions haven't started happening until just the last few days.. maybe its representative of the latest downloaders getting this "beta" version instead of the real thing.. There is one thing that leads me to maybe believe this. Someone said the cutscenes were a bit glitchy with charachters dissapearing or popping into view. This is SPECIFICALLY one of the issues that frankie talked about in a weekly update a few weeks ago, that this happens when creating in game cinemas and was being worked on.

Yes the last one is kinda out there, but if they do it in the music industry, why not for pirated games?

I'm seeing all sorts of GOOD opinions posted on Gamefaqs, and so far this game is shaping up to be a great sequel. Most of the gripes are minor, and remember there will always be "cheap" weapons in every FPS.

As for the single player campaign not being stellar: Oh well. The reason Halo 1's replay value was so high was thanks to all the LAN parties I had with it. Now it just won't be LAN, it will be Live. I'm hoping the single player campaign will be enjoyable, but if It's not I'm not going to cry a river.

I can't wait for this game. It's a shame It's been leaked.

[quote name='jer7583']
3. Have you ever tried to download a song and gotten one with loud, annoying, glitchy noises instead? Maybe MS is doing just that. Releasing an earlier , less complete build to confuse the pirate market while going after and shutting down the distributors of the real version. The piracy happened about a week ago. These negative opinions haven't started happening until just the last few days.. maybe its representative of the latest downloaders getting this "beta" version instead of the real thing.. There is one thing that leads me to maybe believe this. Someone said the cutscenes were a bit glitchy with charachters dissapearing or popping into view. This is SPECIFICALLY one of the issues that frankie talked about in a weekly update a few weeks ago, that this happens when creating in game cinemas and was being worked on.

Yes the last one is kinda out there, but if they do it in the music industry, why not for pirated games?[/quote]

bwhaahahaha... sure, you just keep telling yourself that. Too bad that makes no sense.

[quote name='stormenmormon'][quote name='jer7583']

Yes the last one is kinda out there, but if they do it in the music industry, why not for pirated games?[/quote]

bwhaahahaha... sure, you just keep telling yourself that. Too bad that makes no sense.[/quote]

...your an idiot. Which part of that makes no sense? That really is what the RIAA does, and i dont see why when a major game gets out there, why MS wouldnt try and jam the logs as far as downloading.

i alos just realised how old a saying "jam the logs" is...wow that old.

[quote name='sj41']so now I'm even more pissed at you. Why did you have to make such a long shaq-fuin post? You really screwed me sorta, even though I have no clue what it's really about and I won't read it, either.[/quote]

If you don't want to know anymore about Halo 2 then WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD TO BEGIN WITH!?

I dont know why people find it so hard to beleive that such a large company as Microsoft, couldnt possibly have someone clever enough come up with a way to throw pirates off until the game is released.

Why would microsoft leak an unfinished version of the game and claim it was the full one. If anything, it's putting a serious damper on the hype that was surrounding it. This isn't helping their business.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='sj41']so now I'm even more pissed at you. Why did you have to make such a long shaq-fuin post? You really screwed me sorta, even though I have no clue what it's really about and I won't read it, either.[/quote]

If you don't want to know anymore about Halo 2 then WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD TO BEGIN WITH!?[/quote]To bash the OP for being a pirate. :twisted: :arrow: Duh.

OP, I'm sorry if I take issue with your "truth" about a yet-to-be-released game that you have obviously downloaded.

Maybe if you'd waited until it was actually released to spout that shit and spoil it for everyone, you wouldn't have gotten flamed...as much.

[quote name='evilmax17']Why would microsoft leak an unfinished version of the game and claim it was the full one. If anything, it's putting a serious damper on the hype that was surrounding it. This isn't helping their business.[/quote]
Why would Microsoft purposely leak their own game, and then sue those who download it? It seems to me that it would be highly illegal to do something like that.

I've read page 1, but skiped the rest. Seems legite, either way, we'll find out.

I absoluetly hated that sorry sack of shit known as Halo1's campaighn mode, the books did more for the story of Halo than Halo1 could've ever have done. To be frank, Halo2 could ship without a single player mode and I just wouldn't give a fuck... I'd still be first in line to get it :)

Bungie forces you to give a shit about Campaign by including unlockable multiplayer stuff through beating Campaign.

The timing, the responses and announcements from Microsoft and Bungie, and everything else pretty much suggest with 99.97% chance that this is in fact the final version. It's not positive, but it's damn close to positive.

bread's done
Back