The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Exclusive

[quote name='Mako1215']Is the steelbook instore?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Should be. The website shows that it is available for in-store pickup.

hey taco5, are you going to midnight release with the ladies? :lol:

504x_twilightmom2072409.jpg

[quote name='xbox_mole']Looks like the Steelbooks are sold out online now for BestBuy.[/QUOTE]

There will be plenty in-store on Saturday.

[quote name='Taco5']We're sorry. We didn't find any matches for "4674954, 4674972_" in All Categories[/QUOTE]

Just when I was going to pre order so I wouldn't have to deal with crap in the store. Beyond infuriating. You know, you think it's a big release, why would they stop fucking selling it?

I was hoping I could tell me wife it's pre ordered, but now we have to wait till Saturday.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']blame Taco5 for buying 8k copies of the steelbook. :lol:[/QUOTE]

HA! Jokes on you pal. Only ordered 6k!

I have a feeling they will pop up again later tonight/early tomorrow. Either way I'll be there @ 10:00 tomorrow. I can't see them stopping the sale of this steelbook.

Hey PiNOY, be sure to wear that special dress tonight for when you do your midnight runs! :lol:

Looks like the Target exclusive blu is temporarily dead. There is no option to pre-order it, unlike the standard blu. It does say "coming soon", so maybe they'll release more tomorrow.

[quote name='Havokscry']Looks like the Target exclusive blu is temporarily dead. There is no option to pre-order it, unlike the standard blu. It does say "coming soon", so maybe they'll release more tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yea, in the store!

[quote name='Taco5']LOL! Yea, in the store![/QUOTE]

I noticed the link to the blu exclusive now says "not sold in stores". Guess we'll know in a few hours.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Damn Taco5, how many did you buy? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Check ebay my friend. Check ebay! :cool:

I'll have every exclusive known to mankind on ebay! I'll be able to retire after this big score! :bouncy:

A member on another site stated that they got their ticket @ Target and there is not a Blu-ray exclusive. Just the DVD version. Sorry but that just makes no sense to me. Maybe after the midnight run they will put the Blu-ray version out for the 8:00 a.m. and up crowd...

[quote name='Taco5']A member on another site stated that they got their ticket @ Target and there is not a Blu-ray exclusive. Just the DVD version. Sorry but that just makes no sense to me. Maybe after the midnight run they will put the Blu-ray version out for the 8:00 a.m. and up crowd...[/QUOTE]

The Blu Ray exclusive was online only (I think even the circular says that). I went with my daughter to get one of the tickets to buy it and the only choices were DVD, Blu and DVD Exclusive. I asked them specifically about the Blu exclusive and the guest services girl had no idea what I was talking about. Too bad because the exclusive is nice if you're into all this Twilight stuff.

My wife went and they told her the same thing about the flowers. DVD only. Major fail by Target. They even spell blu wrong (blue) on the ticket they gave her to stand in line.

[quote name='n00bie']My wife went and they told her the same thing about the flowers. DVD only. Major fail by Target. They even spell blu wrong (blue) on the ticket they gave her to stand in line.[/QUOTE]

how is it a major fail when they explicitly said the blu version is online only? it's not their fault you can't follow simple guidelines that were laid out well in advance

Heh, so Our sales goal for the evening was 500 copies sold. by the time they started sending the majority of us home early at 20 after 12 we had only moved 100.

My haul from this morning. Best Buy steelbooks were very slim at two stores. Actually could only find the DVD version. One store told me that they only got the DVD version. (Still not available on the website)

In order:

FYE - "Be My Vampire" Packaging w/Framed Wedding Picture
(Not that big. Wedding Picture on one side and Jacob on the other side) :???:

Best Buy Steelbook (Slim pickings)

Walmart Exclusive Blu-ray Bella's Wedding Dress Packaging with Fabric Banner (Good sized banner but don't try to put it back into the bag it came out of)

Target Exclusive w/Prop Flower From The Wedding Scene (Nice plexiglass case)

232323232%7Ffp7346%3B%3Enu%3D34%3A%3A%3E957%3E8%3C7%3E259%3B9579%3B8258ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp635%3B6%3Enu%3D34%3A%3A%3E957%3E8%3C%3A%3E259%3B9579%3B%3B258ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp73433%3Enu%3D42%3B%3A%3E26%3B%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3A%3A%3C4%3B%3A%3A5349nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63633%3Enu%3D42%3B%3A%3E26%3B%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3A%3A%3C5%3B899349nu0mrj

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Bought the last 2 copies of Steelbook. They had 4 in stock when the store opens.[/QUOTE]

My store was sold out when I went. Hopefully I can get one.

If not o well. Saving myself some money.

I went back out to pick up the "Harold and Kumar" 3D and found a Blu-ray steelbook in the "Breaking Dawn" display laying on its side. Hope someone wasn't hiding it!

232323232%7Ffp6355%3B%3Enu%3D34%3A%3A%3E957%3E934%3E259%3B957%3A25258ot1lsi

[quote name='ssjmichael']how is it a major fail when they explicitly said the blu version is online only? it's not their fault you can't follow simple guidelines that were laid out well in advance[/QUOTE]

Uh, major fail for it not being sold in stores? Thank you, please drive thru.

[quote name='n00bie']Why do you guys buy so many?[/QUOTE]

After renting and watching Part 1 last night, I wondered the same thing. I mean, the movie is what it is: you know what you're getting coming into it.

If you're buying multiple versions because you like collecting them or want to re-sell them down the line, I can see getting all the versions you can find. My wife doesn't get why I buy video games I'll just have sitting on my shelf forever, never to be played, so I suppose this is the same type of deal.

FWIW, I do own the first three movies in the series already and will get the regular version of this one eventually: I'm just waiting on an inevitable sale.

[quote name='aaronmills']After renting and watching Part 1 last night, I wondered the same thing. I mean, the movie is what it is: you know what you're getting coming into it.

If you're buying multiple versions because you like collecting them or want to re-sell them down the line, I can see getting all the versions you can find. My wife doesn't get why I buy video games I'll just have sitting on my shelf forever, never to be played, so I suppose this is the same type of deal.

FWIW, I do own the first three movies in the series already and will get the regular version of this one eventually: I'm just waiting on an inevitable sale.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the blu Target exclusive online, which was enough for me. I'm not a super huge fan of the movies, but I had picked up all the other Target exclusives, so I figured I'd order the blu in case it did sell out. I decided to take a ride out last night to Best Buy and noticed that they sold out of all their blu's, not just the steelbook. I'm guessing that if people are buying a bunch of exclusives to resell, there is quite a demand for them.

Forgot to mention..

I went to BB the morning it released and there was a line of old people there with 1 twilight-looking girl. Doors opened ans I thought I was going to have to fight off a bunch of old people, but they were just there to shop... weird. Got to the case and they only had 2 steelcases. So I'm glad I got there early.

The other one was picked up by the girl I pegged to be a twilight fan, but she had no idea what the differences were. So I told her all the differences between all the stores, and made it clear it was for my wife so she could stop looking at me funny. She wound up giving the steelcase to some old dude that came in after us.

For those who haven't received a shipping confirmation on their blu from Target, according to one of the comments on the product page, they told a consumer that it will ship on Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Would it be possible for you to take a pic of the other side of the FYE photo so I can see what the picture of Jacob looks like?

[quote name='Taco5']My haul from this morning. Best Buy steelbooks were very slim at two stores. Actually could only find the DVD version. One store told me that they only got the DVD version. (Still not available on the website)

In order:

FYE - "Be My Vampire" Packaging w/Framed Wedding Picture
(Not that big. Wedding Picture on one side and Jacob on the other side) :???:

Best Buy Steelbook (Slim pickings)

Walmart Exclusive Blu-ray Bella's Wedding Dress Packaging with Fabric Banner (Good sized banner but don't try to put it back into the bag it came out of)

Target Exclusive w/Prop Flower From The Wedding Scene (Nice plexiglass case)
[/QUOTE]

why is this even in the forums. this movie series is poisonous to 50% of the worlds population as prolonged exposure causes sterilization of 92.9% of the male civilization. Beware top scientists are now referring it to its proper name "male kryptonite"

^ Really?

Anyway, I don't know why I remember the commercials for the theatrical release saying that it was in 3D. I guess I must've gotten it confused with another movie. For a while, I was wondering why there wasn't a 3D Blu-ray version available.

[quote name='lmz00']^ Really?

Anyway, I don't know why I remember the commercials for the theatrical release saying that it was in 3D. I guess I must've gotten it confused with another movie. For a while, I was wondering why there wasn't a 3D Blu-ray version available.[/QUOTE]

Now I would pay money to see Jacob in 3D. ;-)

What a fiasco. So I pre-ordered the Breaking Dawn blu exclusive at Target for $28.99. It was originally scheduled to arrive between February 15th through the 17th. I e-mailed Target that week asking when it was shipping. They sent me an e-mail saying it would be shipped Friday. I received an e-mail that Friday saying that my order was delayed until February 25th through the 27th. I e-mailed Target again asking if I was going to receive my product, since I could still take advantage of some sale prices and/or other retailer exclusives. They sent me an e-mail saying that my order is getting ready to ship and I'll receive it between the 25th and the 27th. I received an e-mail today which stated my order was cancelled.

I called customer service and the first rep I spoke to said he was sorry and there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he transferred me to a senior member. She was helpful. She couldn't understand how a pre-order could get cancelled and she was going to research it. She gave me a reference number. I called back and they said that they were having all kinds of problems with the blu exclusives and the system was broke regarding that product. A different person told me that the blu was showing in stock, but anytime they tried to order it on their end, they received an error message. She told me that they were willing to give me 10% off online only coupon. I told her that the only reason that I placed an order online was that it was exclusive to target.com and that the 10% off wouldn't even cover shipping. She gave me two more phone numbers. One just rang. With the other, I had to go through hoops just to get to someone to talk to. Once I did get through, I had to fight the language barrier. The rep said that he would place the order, once the computer issues were worked out. What a cluster. I'm not expecting to receive it.

[quote name='Havokscry']What a fiasco. So I pre-ordered the Breaking Dawn blu exclusive at Target for $28.99. It was originally scheduled to arrive between February 15th through the 17th. I e-mailed Target that week asking when it was shipping. They sent me an e-mail saying it would be shipped Friday. I received an e-mail that Friday saying that my order was delayed until February 25th through the 27th. I e-mailed Target again asking if I was going to receive my product, since I could still take advantage of some sale prices and/or other retailer exclusives. They sent me an e-mail saying that my order is getting ready to ship and I'll receive it between the 25th and the 27th. I received an e-mail today which stated my order was cancelled.

I called customer service and the first rep I spoke to said he was sorry and there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he transferred me to a senior member. She was helpful. She couldn't understand how a pre-order could get cancelled and she was going to research it. She gave me a reference number. I called back and they said that they were having all kinds of problems with the blu exclusives and the system was broke regarding that product. A different person told me that the blu was showing in stock, but anytime they tried to order it on their end, they received an error message. She told me that they were willing to give me 10% off online only coupon. I told her that the only reason that I placed an order online was that it was exclusive to target.com and that the 10% off wouldn't even cover shipping. She gave me two more phone numbers. One just rang. With the other, I had to go through hoops just to get to someone to talk to. Once I did get through, I had to fight the language barrier. The rep said that he would place the order, once the computer issues were worked out. What a cluster. I'm not expecting to receive it.[/QUOTE]

That's karma for supporting a shitty movie...lol jk. But that really does suck.

I just scores a brand new Blu-ray Gift Set with Flower Prop (Target Exclusive) from Amazon marketplace under DVD listing for $55 + shipping. I'm a happy camper! Its already been sold for $170+ on eBay.

If you know some one in the military they might be able to get one at the BX/PX. Or they can be found on ebay.

bread's done
Back