The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
First review for the God of War: Ascension art book: http://www.parkablogs.com/content/book-review-art-of-god-of-war-ascension

It can be pre-ordered for $69.99 plus shipping here: http://shop.bluecanvas.com/merchandise/gowa-art-book-preorder

Also, it sounds like this will eventually be sold by Amazon (September?) if you prefer to wait for a potential lower price and cheaper shipping.

Edit: Potential Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-God-War-Ascension/dp/098590223X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1375885094&sr=8-3&keywords=god+of+war+ascension+art+book

First review for the God of War: Ascension art book: http://www.parkablogs.com/content/book-review-art-of-god-of-war-ascension

It can be pre-ordered for $69.99 plus shipping here: http://shop.bluecanvas.com/merchandise/gowa-art-book-preorder

Also, it sounds like this will eventually be sold by Amazon (September?) if you prefer to wait for a potential lower price and cheaper shipping.

Edit: Potential Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-God-War-Ascension/dp/098590223X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1375885094&sr=8-3&keywords=god+of+war+ascension+art+book
I will not even question buying this if it magically hits $45 or lower when it gets put up on Amazon. Anything higher and I will have to do some serious debating.. haha

I couldn't help myself.. ended up picking up the God of War Ascension art book. It looks BEAUTIFUL!

I felt like Patrick Bateman staring at a high quality business card...

First review for the God of War: Ascension art book: http://www.parkablogs.com/content/book-review-art-of-god-of-war-ascension

It can be pre-ordered for $69.99 plus shipping here: http://shop.bluecanvas.com/merchandise/gowa-art-book-preorder

Edit: Potential Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-God-War-Ascension/dp/098590223X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1375885094&sr=8-3&keywords=god+of+war+ascension+art+book
FYI, you can now buy it from Amazon. The price is still $69.99, but it's Prime eligible.

Damn... I didn't even see the GoW artbook. Kinda pricy at $70 but I was pretty happy with the Journey artbook from BlueCanvas. 

Credit to kurtori who started a separate thread for this.

Blue Canvas is printing a second edition of the Journey art book. The first 500 orders will be signed by the game's Art Director, Matt Nava. The book is $60 and shipping is currently free.

http://shop.bluecanvas.com/merchandise/journey-2-signed

On a separate note, am I SOL finding an Art of Borderlands 2 book at non-scalper prices?
I got this during the first printing. An absolutely gorgeous, high quality art book for one of my favorite games ever. Highly recommended!

i have the japanese version..its pretty good but alot of the images are really small. u might be better off waiting haha
As an animator I love collecting artbooks and using them as references for my work and seeing other's creative processes.

Regardless of quality or size of this book, I love the design in Demon/Dark Souls so much that I will take anything haha

The OP is now a wiki post (again; I guess the transition to the new CAG made it a non-wiki post). Go forth and modify to your heart's content!

Not surprised about the new AC Encyclopedia, although I really wish they'd do a separate "Volume 2" so I wouldn't have to re-buy it...but that would defeat the entire purpose, right?

Not terribly surprising, but Ubiworkshop has announced a new version of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia for $49.95.

Encyclopedia_V3_FicheProduit_3D__53403.1382631947.220.290.png

I also found another book on their site that will cover the history of pirates: Historia: Pirates - The Scourge of the Caribbean for $24.95.

HistoriaCouvertureFinale_Eng__46597.1381529348.220.290.jpg

Shipping just the encyclopedia was $13 to the midwest. Adding the other book only added a few cents, so if you want both, order them together.

Oh, and the Version 2.0 of the Encyclopedia is now half off ($24.95).
When I bought 2.0, this was exactly my fear... I honestly hate when publishers do this: releasing another version that's better and has content the earlier version does not. At least release a stand alone of the new content so people who bought earlier copies don't have to re-buy the same thing again though that's just what they want.

When I bought 2.0, this was exactly my fear... I honestly hate when publishers do this: releasing another version that's better and has content the earlier version does not. At least release a stand alone of the new content so people who bought earlier copies don't have to re-buy the same thing again though that's just what they want.
I hear ya, but damn if it doesn't work. Version 3.0 will look nice next to Versions 1.0 and 2.0.

Well, I just bit the bullet and bought it--to keep the line of them going with 1.0 and 2.0. I also finally bit the bullet and grabbed the GoW: Ascension artbook off amazon. It's sold out on the publisher's website, so I feel obligated to now--not too please about dropping the $70 on it, though. I wish I had never started collecting artbooks. I love them, but they can often be so damn spendy to keep up with!

Well, I just bit the bullet and bought it--to keep the line of them going with 1.0 and 2.0. I also finally bit the bullet and grabbed the GoW: Ascension artbook off amazon. It's sold out on the publisher's website, so I feel obligated to now--not too please about dropping the $70 on it, though. I wish I had never started collecting artbooks. I love them, but they can often be so damn spendy to keep up with!
Yeah, it's not cheap to collect them. The OCD side of my still wants to get the EU version 1.0 just to have it in hardcover. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), they're like $120 with shipping on eBay. Way too rich for me.

Got my copy of The Art of Assassin's Creed IV yesterday from Amazon. Briefly flipped through it (didn't want to study it and spoil the game). Looks solid.

Usually risks of Kickstarter are associated with this (i.e. you may never see the product), but I've had pretty good luck on previous books I've supported.
Yeah, saw this yesterday, and I'm definitely going to support this project. Can't wait, as this book looks super cool.

Yeah, I'm kind of reluctant to jump on the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedias, given a new/better version will be released.

Here's a cool looking Kickstarter for SEGA Mega Drive fans: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works

63bf25f742e45656829755d9615ac767_large.jpg

Usual risks of Kickstarter are associated with this (i.e. you may never see the product), but I've had pretty good luck on previous books I've supported.

I so would buy 2 of these Sega Genesis books, but with paypal. I can't believe I didn't see this one before.

Udon posted an update regarding the Eyes of Bayonetta. Sounds like it will actually release sometime in December.

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/udon/udon-holiday-2013-day-3/
Still kind of on the fence about this. At about $35, I don't know if I should bite yet.

Also, didn't know that there was an Udon online bookstore. Prices seem kind of high though.

Still kind of on the fence about this. At about $35, I don't know if I should bite yet.

Also, didn't know that there was an Udon online bookstore. Prices seem kind of high though.
I wouldn't bother buying from their site. The art books are pretty much always available on Amazon. I just use their site for release updates since Amazon is unreliable.

Strange well I hope Amazon just goofed cuz mine says (pre-oder from 2012):

1 "The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD"

Sega; Paperback; $31.49
The old listing used to say paperback, but the link in your order will bring you to the HC edition. I'm pretty excited for this, it's been in limbo for awhile and I'm glad it is finally on its way.

The old listing used to say paperback, but the link in your order will bring you to the HC edition. I'm pretty excited for this, it's been in limbo for awhile and I'm glad it is finally on its way.
Yeah I can't wait as well, also I just noticed that it does take me to the HC edition

Here's a cool looking Kickstarter for SEGA Mega Drive fans: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works

Usual risks of Kickstarter are associated with this (i.e. you may never see the product), but I've had pretty good luck on previous books I've supported.
I've always wondered...How do these people not get sued? Are they paying for licensing? I wanted to make a reference book for some games, but ID want to be sued by Nintendo.

I've always wondered...How do these people not get sued? Are they paying for licensing? I wanted to make a reference book for some games, but ID want to be sued by Nintendo.
If you've read the KS campaign, you'll see they have approval from Sega and they are supplying much of the books content. Normally, books like this get cancelled, as they don't have the licensing.

Years ago, a guy wanted to make a Mike Tyson Punch-Out book, and the KS funds where going to help secure licensing from Nintendo. That was a pipe dream from the get go, as Nintendo would never approve anyone to make such an item. It was actually pretty bad ass, but trying to get approval from "N", was a wasted effort from the start.

It normally depends on the content and what may or may not be used. I think as long as your just reporting on games and giving details, you can pretty much do what you want. It's only when you want to use certain names or copyrights in the books titles, is when you have issues.

If you've read the KS campaign, you'll see they have approval from Sega and they are supplying much of the books content. Normally, books like this get cancelled, as they don't have the licensing.

Years ago, a guy wanted to make a Mike Tyson Punch-Out book, and the KS funds where going to help secure licensing from Nintendo. That was a pipe dream from the get go, as Nintendo would never approve anyone to make such an item. It was actually pretty bad ass, but trying to get approval from "N", was a wasted effort from the start.

It normally depends on the content and what may or may not be used. I think as long as your just reporting on games and giving details, you can pretty much do what you want. It's only when you want to use certain names or copyrights in the books titles, is when you have issues.
Yeah the punch out one is the one that came to mind. It's intersting that SEGA is helping this guy out. I've never tried for licensing from Nintendo but a friend of mine has licenced a lot of stuff like DBZ, Marvel comics, hannah barberra cartoons, etc. I've had a few different ideas, but yeah Nintendo seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Is there still a hard copy for Sonic? hoping to grab one for my brother
yes its still readily available http://www.amazon.com/History-Sonic-Hedgehog-Marc-Petronille/dp/1926778561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388522796&sr=8-1&keywords=history+of+sonic+the+hedgehog

in other news has anyone heard anything from pix n love on the history of mario and whether it will in fact release next week

im amazed somehow sonic's release went smooth but pretty much every other english translation they did is unreleased or handled so poorly that its barely available and grossly overpriced re history of nintendo

bread's done
Back