The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
LotH-dustjacket.png
Hey everyone. I know this isn't an "official" licensed artbook per se, but it is really a stellar-looking book and at a great price for what it is.

Some of you may remember the artist who produced the "Guide to Kanto" artbook for the Pokemon games, well she's just released the "Legend of the Hero" Compendium.

It's basically a "world history" book about many (all?) of the Zelda races/locations/characters put together with stunning Art. There's a special hardcover edition and also a set of 8 artist prints representing 8 different Zelda games.

As its not official, there are no officially copyrighted terms (i.e. "Zelda" "Triforce", etc. etc.) in it, but it looks like she gets pretty close and still captures the world well.

Simply put, this is a stunning fan-created (albeit professionally done) work that really will be a nice gem in any Zelda-fan's collection. While I didn't get an exact figure on a run-size, it is definitely not "mass marketed" and so get it while you can.

Here are the links:
http://www.fangamer.com/products/legend-of-the-hero
http://shop.karifry.com/products/legend-of-the-hero

Details:
* 224 full-color pages
* 7"x10" - one of our biggest books to date
* Detailed descriptions and custom illustrations of every facet of the universe: myths, races, items, weapons, relics, creatures, rulers, deities, guardians, maps...

Hardcover Edition also Includes:
* Foil-stamped faux leather cover
* Dust jacket which doubles as a poster
* Gold foil bookplate autographed by the author/illustrator

Also available with this run of books is the optional print set:
* 8 different 6"x9" screen prints with metallic gold ink
* Each print represents a major entry in the series: LoZ, LttP, LA, OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS

Cost:
$35 for Hardcover First Print Edition
$26 for Paperback
$17 for 8-piece Art Print Set
(Appears to be a free-shipping promo going on currently at least for me)

**Note: Kari clarified, but the HC edition includes the green paperback cover-art as the dust-jacket.
Ended up buying this artbook (hardcover version) and the art prints. Awesome book! Super happy I saw your post and made this purchase.

thanks for all the posts guys. jumped at majoras mask ce guide. and the legend of hero and kanto books from fan gamer. and also preorders the link to the past book along with uncharted trilogy and batman

That's a great deal! That book's been on my radar for awhile, but between me and my husband, we have a small pile of artbooks from assorted StarCraft II and WoW collector's editions. Anyone know if there's a significant amount of art in that book that's not in the ones we already own?
I think the majority of art in the Blizzard book is re-used from most of the CE books.

http://igg.me/at/gamerforlife/x

Gamer for Life is a Fan Art Tribute book. 283 game artists came together and donated 476 art pieces to be used in this campaign to raise funds for the fight against cancer. $45 nets you a physical copy and fan art will be from Chrono Trigger, Altered Beast, Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Minecraft, Diablo Series, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 6, Mortal Kombat 2, and World of Warcraft

here is a link that shows a preview of the art that will be in the book http://www.gamersforgood.com/kkg-artbook/

I personally went with the chrono perk for $60 that gives the physical book, digital book, t shirt, stickers, and wallpaper

I wish they would reprint the two Resident Evil Archive books in a hardcover form. Those were sooooooooooooo nice.
WOW, I never saw this book before. How did I miss this? Looks very cool. I would take a HC as well, as that looks like the only way I could buy these books now.

This has been up for a a few weeks now, and looks exclusive to the new Playstation store.

http://gear.playstation.com/books-and-other-media/books/the-art-of-uncharted-trilogy-limited-edition.html

Uncharted Trilogy Art Book Limited Edition! This is the same cost as the retail version, and limited to 2000 worldwide. Get in before there gone.
Thanks, just ordered one.

Shipping was almost $10... wrote thinkgeek after ordering and ask them please to wrap this in bubble and ship in cardboard. Would suggest everyone consider doing the same...

This has been up for a a few weeks now, and looks exclusive to the new Playstation store.

http://gear.playstation.com/books-and-other-media/books/the-art-of-uncharted-trilogy-limited-edition.html

Uncharted Trilogy Art Book Limited Edition! This is the same cost as the retail version, and limited to 2000 worldwide. Get in before there gone.
Nice, glad I randomly checked this thread. Ordered 1. Still kicking myself for not being able to afford that Ballistic publishing folio edition back in the day... :whistle2:(

It's very possible. After all, 2,000 is hardly anything, and it's a big, popular, AAA series.
I feel like artwork isn't something most Uncharted and ND fans care that much for. Even the ND 30th Anniversary artbook is still in stock, even though it's only limited to 1000 copies. They even had it on sale for like $75 during Black Friday.

Compare that to the Journey artbook, those sold out pretty damn fast. At least the first print did.

EDIT* Seems like the 2nd print sold out too.

Nice, glad I randomly checked this thread. Ordered 1. Still kicking myself for not being able to afford that Ballistic publishing folio edition back in the day... :whistle2:(

I feel like artwork isn't something most Uncharted and ND fans care that much for. Even the ND 30th Anniversary artbook is still in stock, even though it's only limited to 1000 copies. They even had it on sale for like $75 during Black Friday.

Compare that to the Journey artbook, those sold out pretty damn fast. At least the first print did.

EDIT* Seems like the 2nd print sold out too.
Well, the ND 30th anniversary art book was filled with their history, and besides the LoU and Uncharted, there really wasn't a rich history of art to be had, and along with the 100 dollar price tag, it's understandable why it may not have sold out. There's probably more detailed art in this one book based on three Uncharted games, than throughout all of that 30th anniversary book, just saying.

As much as I love Ballistic books (Oddworld is my personal favorite), it's really hard to justify their limited and folio edition prices. $300 is ridiculously expensive for an art book. Plus shipping is about $30 to the U.S.

As much as I love Ballistic books (Oddworld is my personal favorite), it's really hard to justify their limited and folio edition prices. $300 is ridiculously expensive for an art book. Plus shipping is about $30 to the U.S.
They do look nice, but I haven't pulled the trigger on any yet either, the price is way higher than I normally spend. There hasn't been a must have for me yet, but I'm sure someday they will have one that makes me spend the money.

True, it's probably not worth anything near that much but it would have been cool to have.:whistle2:/

So I see that Art of Eorzea (FF XIV) is now finally up on the NA SE site, but it's got the waiting list notification deal up for it. Did they sneak that up there and have it sell out immediately, or has it just not gone up for sale yet?

11 hours left for the gamer for life fan art tribute book. if they reach $60k (under $3k to go) every book will be hardcover

Gamer for Life is a Fan Art Tribute book. 283 game artists came together and donated 476 art pieces to be used in this campaign to raise funds for the fight against cancer. $45 nets you a physical copy and fan art will be from Chrono Trigger, Altered Beast, Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Minecraft, Diablo Series, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 6, Mortal Kombat 2, and World of Warcraft

11 hours left for the gamer for life fan art tribute book. if they reach $60k (under $3k to go) every book will be hardcover

Gamer for Life is a Fan Art Tribute book. 283 game artists came together and donated 476 art pieces to be used in this campaign to raise funds for the fight against cancer. $45 nets you a physical copy and fan art will be from Chrono Trigger, Altered Beast, Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Minecraft, Diablo Series, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 6, Mortal Kombat 2, and World of Warcraft
Thanks for putting this up. I should have done it myself, as this is a very cool art book supporting a very good cause. Just $3000 left to reach the "hardcover" stretch goal. I think we should do it, if you are in to unique gaming art, give this book a try. I can't wait.

Thanks for putting this up. I should have done it myself, as this is a very cool art book supporting a very good cause. Just $3000 left to reach the "hardcover" stretch goal. I think we should do it, if you are in to unique gaming art, give this book a try. I can't wait.
thanks, I saw it on a gaming site last month and posted it then, figured now that its ending today I would post it again so others could get on it! its a great cause and looks to be an awesome artbook!

also we are now only $800 away from all books being hardcover with 9 hours to go! $45 nets you a hardcover copy if they hit $60000 and it looks like they will! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gamer-for-life-kkg-fan-art-tribute-book

The Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies $31.20 Pre-Order AMAZON

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Phoenix-Wright-Attorney-Destinies/dp/1927925444/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1429496962&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Art+of+Phoenix+Wright%3A+Ace+Attorney

I might bite on this... The Art Of Phoenix Wright artbook the first one that came out is sold out everywhere and is selling for 100$+ im only getting this because im a huge fan of this series it seems interesting enough, it will also be my first art book.

Udon tends to reprint their books, especially when a new book in the same series is about to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if the first Phoenix Wright came back in stock.

The Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies $31.20 Pre-Order AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Phoenix-Wright-Attorney-Destinies/dp/1927925444/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1429496962&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Art+of+Phoenix+Wright%3A+Ace+Attorney

I might bite on this... The Art Of Phoenix Wright artbook the first one that came out is sold out everywhere and is selling for 100$+ im only getting this because im a huge fan of this series it seems interesting enough, it will also be my first art book.
I have the Japanese edition; it's a good artbook. It's missing (DLC spoiler)
anything related to Marlon Rimes' "alternate form"
but is complete otherwise.

Ubi Workshop is running up to 50% off books & artworks until 4/26: http://store.ubiworkshop.com/all-brands/special-offers/on-sale/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Ubiworkshop&utm_term=books-and-artworks&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=Season-Sales&utm_source=Ubiworkshop+News&utm_campaign=2cd1193659-Season+Sale+-+Book+%26+Artwork&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e0629a9767-2cd1193659-297619693&mc_cid=2cd1193659&mc_eid=93fcf3c2f9

Most of the included titles are written in French, but there are two English titles included:

• AC Encyclopedia 3.0 - $29.99
  • Historia - Pirates, the scourge of the Caribbean - $14.99
Unfortunately, shipping is a killer (~$11).

Udon tends to reprint their books, especially when a new book in the same series is about to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if the first Phoenix Wright came back in stock.
I think it's been out of print for like four years now. I sold mine back in 2011 for around $100. Found another at a comic shop in 2012 and sold that for $140. If it's been out of print that long, I don't know why they'd suddenly reprint it. The Mega Man X Complete Works book only stayed OOP for a year before they reprinted it.

Looks like Udon is re-releasing old Tribute books in hardcover. And at a cheaper price than their old convention / Udon store HC exclusives. Nice!

How does Right Stuf handle "Out of Stock" items. It lets me add stuff to the cart, but can I check out with it? Will they refund the money if it never comes back in stock? Some of these have been OOP for a while.

How does Right Stuf handle "Out of Stock" items. It lets me add stuff to the cart, but can I check out with it? Will they refund the money if it never comes back in stock? Some of these have been OOP for a while.
If an item is truly OOP, they retire the listing and make it impossible to purchase. Any other OOS/backorder item is something they believe they can get, though it might take awhile.

They don't charge you until your items are ready to ship, so you should be safe as far as that goes :) They've been having problems with their new system with some orders getting billed too early, but they're aware of the issue and have been fixing it.

Udon SDCC license news. They're going to be releasing artbooks for:

- Bayonetta 2 (wasn't this confirmed already, or is that just my imagination?)
- Persona Q
- Battle Chasers
- Shovel Knight

Unrelated, but they also had the best manga licensing announcement of the show: the classic shoujo series The Rose of Versailles. This series has been legendary as being way too expensive for English-language manga licensors to get the rights to; maybe that situation has changed?

Udon sale at Right Stuf (at least 33% off all their books, including preorders).

Coupon code: UDON15
Sale runs through July 13.
The 33% is the sum from of the discounted prices (~25%) and then the code which takes off an additional 8%. Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopedia HC is $24.29 on amazon. On Rightstuf after the discount and then coupon code it's $23.35. Comes out to maybe a dollar cheaper than amazon per item so it's still cheaper; but come on rightstuf - don't say it's 33% off when you're counting original MSRP which isn't being charged elsewhere.

Some upcoming art books:

Art of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161655911X

411Mq4V2DsL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1927925444

61zOXM02jsL._SX357_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Capcom Fighting Tribute: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1927925525

51mzb7-bV7L._SX368_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Official Artworks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1927925584

51B7UxmwsqL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Art of Halo 5: Guardians: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608876497

51DXpBOqUTL._SX388_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Diablo Deluxe Hardcover Sketchbook: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608876616

51gcqbc9HDL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Batman: Arkham Universe: The Ultimate Visual Guide: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465428275

51FZ7E6KqdL._SX417_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1927925487

51fo4e-y0gL._SX354_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

bread's done
Back