The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Amazon ever have their $5 off book coupon they used to always do for BF and Prime Day?  Didn't see it mentioned this year.

Seems like there is a $5 off $20 on select books. And its on each book. 

Picked up Megaman Zero and NT Warrior as well as the Breath of the Wild books. 

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1201310737576030208

FYI. I’ve never gotten an undamaged hardcover art book from Target. I’ve seen everything from flimsy bubble maulers to oversized boxes with 1 air pillow.

Hopefully you guys have better luck than me!

FYI. I’ve never gotten an undamaged hardcover art book from Target. I’ve seen everything from flimsy bubble maulers to oversized boxes with 1 air pillow.

Hopefully you guys have better luck than me!
I ordered a batch of books as gifts from Target last month, and they came in a sturdy box and were wrapped to a piece of cardboard with a ton of plastic film. The condition of them was so good they looked like they came straight from the publishers :shock:

Ordered another gift book from them yesterday (that's when I noticed the deal), so I'm curious to see what the packaging will be like this time. Not gonna get my hopes too high up, since I've also gotten a badly damaged item from Target semi-recently.

I ordered a batch of books as gifts from Target last month, and they came in a sturdy box and were wrapped to a piece of cardboard with a ton of plastic film. The condition of them was so good they looked like they came straight from the publishers :shock:

Ordered another gift book from them yesterday (that's when I noticed the deal), so I'm curious to see what the packaging will be like this time. Not gonna get my hopes too high up, since I've also gotten a badly damaged item from Target semi-recently.
Yeah, like I said above, your well packaged items probably came from holiday help, as most people want to do the best job they can, to maybe stay past being "limited" help. Little do they know packaging items well probably means they won't be there past the next few weeks, as they are bad for business. LOL

Yeah, like I said above, your well packaged items probably came from holiday help, as most people want to do the best job they can, to maybe stay past being "limited" help. Little do they know packaging items well probably means they won't be there past the next few weeks, as they are bad for business. LOL
It was pretty early in Nov. though, around the 11th, so if there was any seasonal help around that time, it couldn't have been much. Either way, it was pretty sweet to receive items in that condition!

If this other order arrives banged up, I'll return it and try one of the vendors at AbeBooks.

Yup, if it's anything like amazon, they dont give a shit about quality, it's all about speed.

I think the data would overwhelmingly show that the vast majority of customers do not care enough about damage and will not bother with trying to replace or return an item unless it's extremely major. I'm a fuss pot to the point that a crease in cover art or a slightly bent corner of a slipcover makes me not want the item, but most people just simply aren't. It's why I hate seeing so many B&M stores scale back or go out of business. I'm going to have a hard time getting any items that I'm satisfied with in a future where all items come packaged like Amazon does. 

Picked these up from Amazon with the $5 discount on each of them.
Congrats, as I missed out on most of these book deals strictly due to time and other life matters happening during all these damn sales. It was probably for the best, as I was probably grabbing books I really didn't need, just because the price was so low.

They also just announced a Monster World Book. I'm too lazy to post a link, but it's a thing. Lol

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Any pics of what that GoW book will look like on the inside? As I'm for sure interested, just need more info before purchase.

The CE sounds somewhat disappointing. I prefer how Geeksline CEs have unique books with more content. This just seems to be extra stuff tossed into the shipping box.

Collector's Edition
Limited to just 1,000 units, we've devised a special Collector's Edition of Atari 2600/7800: a visual compendium that comes with a free bookmark, A2 2600 Blueprint poster, A2 7800 Blueprint poster and a pack of 5 postcards – each one featuring an iconic Atari game. Note that the posters come rolled in a heavy duty tube and the postcards come within a polythene bag for protection.

CollectorsEdition_1ea95ee3-110a-4139-9d39-93d1e6791489_1024x1024.jpg

The CE sounds somewhat disappointing. I prefer how Geeksline CEs have unique books with more content. This just seems to be extra stuff tossed into the shipping box.

Collector's Edition
Limited to just 1,000 units, we've devised a special Collector's Edition of Atari 2600/7800: a visual compendium that comes with a free bookmark, A2 2600 Blueprint poster, A2 7800 Blueprint poster and a pack of 5 postcards – each one featuring an iconic Atari game. Note that the posters come rolled in a heavy duty tube and the postcards come within a polythene bag for protection.
Great catch, as I hadn't really noticed that, as they normally offer this stuff as extras for their KS campaigns, which I normally grab, as I like the posters. So for this book, those items only seem to be offered within this set, which is fine for me, but definitely not something that should be bought for any "CE" status. As the only difference for the actual book, is the extra stuff thrown in the box as stated(no slipcase, COA, or "#" item of any kind).

Weird. In the app, click on Target Circle offers, then click on Tech & entertainment. It's listed there for me (along with a 15% off board games). However, I just noticed it has a "Just for you" over the thumbnail so I guess it only triggers from some people? Odd.

Saw this on the CAG home page:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/8467940271/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Gris Artbook - April 28, 2020 - $49.00

Special Reserve Games released a Gris collector's edition last year that came with an art book, so this could be the same as that one. Haven't seen any details yet. https://specialreservegames.com/pages/games-gris
Seems to have the same page count, so probably just a lesser bells & whistles version of the LE book. I'm not familiar with this game, I'm guessing the art book is worthy of a second run? If I see books like this before hand, I'll try to see if the game interest me, so that I don't miss out on the LE offerings if I come to like a game at a later date. I'll for sure have to take a look now, but no rush until the price is discounted. LOL

Seems to have the same page count, so probably just a lesser bells & whistles version of the LE book. I'm not familiar with this game, I'm guessing the art book is worthy of a second run? If I see books like this before hand, I'll try to see if the game interest me, so that I don't miss out on the LE offerings if I come to like a game at a later date. I'll for sure have to take a look now, but no rush until the price is discounted. LOL
It's the best looking game I've ever played so well deserving of an artbook.

Here's an unboxing (guy is annoying, but he does page through the book around the 10 minute mark)

https://youtu.be/KroFC8NU--E?t=604
Annoying? That's an understatement to say the least(good footage of the art book, so a required evil I suppose). LOL

It's the best looking game I've ever played so well deserving of an artbook.
Yeah, the art style looks pretty slick, I'll for sure be keeping an eye out on the game as well as the art book for a possible future purchase.

The Animal Crossings New Horizon Companion Guide is currently $17.99 over at Amazon(retail $29.99). While I haven't played an AC game since the DS, back then having a guide was a must, as there is so much to do in these games. While I'm not currently planning to get the game once I get my Lite, you never know, so I ordered an extra copy for myself just in case. https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-Horizons-Official-Companion/dp/3869931000/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=animal+crossing+guide&qid=1584644112&sr=8-1

PSA: Last few days for Sandeep Rai's 3rd and final digest style "Playstation Vita: The End" unofficial book over at Kickstarter. I have the first two books in the series and they are a very cool tribute to the Vita, which says a lot since this is the 3rd and final offering, so I'm guessing others have felt the same. He also runs 2 old 4 gaming channel on YT with some cool gaming content as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vitabook3/playstation-vita-the-end-unofficial-book/posts/2791671?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users

The Animal Crossings New Horizon Companion Guide is currently $17.99 over at Amazon(retail $29.99). While I haven't played an AC game since the DS, back then having a guide was a must, as there is so much to do in these games. While I'm not currently planning to get the game once I get my Lite, you never know, so I ordered an extra copy for myself just in case. https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-Horizons-Official-Companion/dp/3869931000/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=animal+crossing+guide&qid=1584644112&sr=8-1
Ordered. It was discounted like a month ago, shot back up to MSRP and now discounted again. Missed it the first time around but got to order it on sale!

The game is amazing by the way. I played new leaf for the 3DS and I must say, I'm amazed by this game.

Ordered. It was discounted like a month ago, shot back up to MSRP and now discounted again. Missed it the first time around but got to order it on sale!

The game is amazing by the way. I played new leaf for the 3DS and I must say, I'm amazed by this game.
Yeah, I got sucked in to the DS Animal Crossing game, and after that one, I had to swear off the series, as I can't afford to get sucked down the rabbit hole again. LOL

Game looks great, as I've watched my son play it a few times, as well as watching YT clips, since my son is always drawn to those. A guide like this is key, and while I'm not planning to start playing the game, I'll be happy to ready the guide and see what I'm missing out on.

Yeah, I got sucked in to the DS Animal Crossing game, and after that one, I had to swear off the series, as I can't afford to get sucked down the rabbit hole again. LOL

Game looks great, as I've watched my son play it a few times, as well as watching YT clips, since my son is always drawn to those. A guide like this is key, and while I'm not planning to start playing the game, I'll be happy to ready the guide and see what I'm missing out on.
That's how I felt too. I own the AC 3DS from toys r us years ago. Played countless hours, and nowadays I don't have time to devote to a game like that. I absolutely loved it on gamecube and 3ds...

That's how I felt too. I own the AC 3DS from toys r us years ago. Played countless hours, and nowadays I don't have time to devote to a game like that. I absolutely loved it on gamecube and 3ds...
I'm in the same boat. I have 2 kids. A 4 year old and a 2 month old. My time to play is at night when they go to bed so...... its tough but doable. It is super fun though and my 4 year old got into it and created a character and is playing now.

Atari 2600/7800: a visual compendium is up for preorder on bitmap books. Limited to only 1000 for the collectors edition. Wondering if its even worth preordering....

Atari 2600/7800: a visual compendium is up for preorder on bitmap books. Limited to only 1000 for the collectors edition. Wondering if its even worth preordering....
I actually posted this when it was first offered, and it was brought up by someone else here at the time, that the CE isn't really unique in any way, as the extra items, are sold on there own. Normally these Bitmap books are offered through KS, and the side items are only offered there, but that's not the case here. There is no unique # or exclusive item(slip cover, unique print, etc), that is a part of the CE, so there's no reason to buy the CE here, unless you want the extra items(which I personally did).

My copy arrived last night, I just haven't had the time to open it, but I have several others in this series of books, and they are always great and very high quality. Sam, the main man over at Bitmap Books is super cool and always willing to help if your order has any issues, as my posters almost always arrive damaged, and I get replacements within a few days from the EU each and every time(DHL is always used).

bread's done
Back