The Unofficial CAG Bragging/Venting Forum for Amazon Customer Vote '08

[quote name='shrike4242']0 for 4. @whee.[/quote]

Me too, but remember, we're not losers. We're just runners up.

(+1 if you can spot the reference.)

[quote name='contej85']I feel kinda guilty. Tons of people didn't get in for anything, but I got the ps3 deal, and made my girlfriend vote, and now she got in for the EEC laptop, so I have the option to pick that up too. I'm tempted. but I have a laptop, and just built a pc, and spent a ton otherwise on Friday deals, so I have to mull it over. Wallet am hurting.[/quote]

It's fine. To be honest, I'd rather not win. You're not guaranteed to pick up the one thing you want anyway. It's a crapshoot. You get the ticket to buy it, not a guarantee you'll actually get it.

Haven't gotten in for the other four deals, but I don't mind too much. The mixer is what I really want (and need) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.

got picked for round 5, don't even want it. I remember voting for the mixer but forgot the price??? I know walmart and target had them for $130 over the weekend, actually think the ol' lady picked one up for me.

[quote name='shadowkast']got picked for round 5, don't even want it. I remember voting for the mixer but forgot the price??? I know walmart and target had them for $130 over the weekend, actually think the ol' lady picked one up for me.[/quote]

Kitchen Aid Mixer, List: $499; ACV price: $69

BTW, I've got NOTHING!!! Round 5: SHAFT!

Well, theres also a rebate for the mixer, getting you a $50 visa giftcard.

I got an email for the mixer, and Im definitely going to try to get one.
Are there any specific instructions I should be following to get one? Just be on the page with the countdown timer right?

I guess I'm lucky. Got picked for Round 1 and got the PS3 Family Bundle w/ LBP. I got my "Great News" email alert for Round 1 and was ready to go. When you're picked you get a countdown timer on the Customer Vote website. At 0:00 the "Add to Cart" button shows up. Clicked on that.. waited a few seconds (seemed like forever!) and completed my transaction. I had a $20 GC from a previous Amazon promotion (Buy a DS and Guitar Hero and get a $20 GC). So, the final cost was $179.00. Looking at the invoice, it's fun to see a customer vote discount of -$368! Very cool.

Went back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and picked up another Dualshock 3 controller for $40, Heavenly Sword for $20, Charge station for $8, and an AV cable for $4. Everything shipped this week.... :) :) :)

s701

[quote name='syndicate701']I guess I'm lucky. Got picked for Round 1 and got the PS3 Family Bundle w/ LBP. I got my "Great News" email alert for Round 1 and was ready to go. When you're picked you get a countdown timer on the Customer Vote website. At 0:00 the "Add to Cart" button shows up. Clicked on that.. waited a few seconds (seemed like forever!) and completed my transaction. I had a $20 GC from a previous Amazon promotion (Buy a DS and Guitar Hero and get a $20 GC). So, the final cost was $179.00. Looking at the invoice, it's fun to see a customer vote discount of -$368! Very cool.

Went back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and picked up another Dualshock 3 controller for $40, Heavenly Sword for $20, Charge station for $8, and an AV cable for $4. Everything shipped this week.... :) :) :)

s701[/quote]

Congrats dude.

Yeah, I went 0 for 6. Amazon should do this every 6 months or so.

woot.com

[quote name='crunchberries']Me too, but remember, we're not losers. We're just runners up.

(+1 if you can spot the reference.)[/quote]

[quote name='JokerCard']Well, theres also a rebate for the mixer, getting you a $50 visa giftcard.

I got an email for the mixer, and Im definitely going to try to get one.
Are there any specific instructions I should be following to get one? Just be on the page with the countdown timer right?[/quote]

the rebate ends on 12/3/08 and the mixer deal is on 12/4/08 unfortionally

[quote name='Wooten']the rebate ends on 12/3/08 and the mixer deal is on 12/4/08 unfortionally[/quote]

Not true, the kitchenaid rebate works for items purchased between November 21 and december 31

[quote name='Wooten']according to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/re...p_rebates_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=kitchen

the rebate you are referring to is for a cookbook, the one for the 50 dollar Visa ended yesterday. On another note damn amazon I had my eyeballs glued to the countdown hit the button as soon as it appeared and was still defeated :([/quote]

Got the mixer!:bouncy:

and nope, although amazon says it ends on 12/3/08 the actual rebate says it end on 12/31/08

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/02/86/19/58/286195890._V242940958_.pdf

So it still should work since it's being offered by kitchenaid and not amazon.

bread's done
Back