The Vienna Sausage Appreciation OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

Depeche Mode song to be used on the next Alan Wake DLC!!!

http://www.emisound.com/alan-wake-dlc

EMI Music Publishing Scandinavia and Remedy Entertainment today announced that the upcoming Alan Wake DLC will feature “The Darkest Star” by Depeche Mode, the most popular electronic band the world has ever known.

“The music of Depeche Mode adds to the atmosphere and feel of the thriller. It is awesome to see great music and gameplay come together to tell an epic conclusion to the story. The song is so fitting to the scene in Alan Wake that every time I play it, it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. The new DLC and the song really complement each other, and I hope everyone will enjoy the thrill.”
:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8gYRf3aeQc
Oh you sad one
Playing the Angel
Isn't so easy where you're from

Oh you wild one
Devil's companion
You won't stay satisfied for long

I don't want you to change
Anything you do

I don't want you to be
Someone else for me

Oh you dark one
Eternal outsider
Caught in the spider's web you've spun

Oh you blind one
Gentle and kind one
Seeing the world as a loaded gun

I don't want you to change
Anything you do

I don't want you to be
Someone else for me

Stay as you are
The Darkest Star

Shining for me
Majestically

Depeche Mode is by far my favorite band, if you couldn't tell. And yes, i am geeking out right now.:bouncy:

So, I went to my old high school today to give my old art teacher a painting, and the pancake I stapled to a wall in the art room almost a year ago was still there.

Neato.

Sony's behind-closed-doors Team Ico presentation at this year's Tokyo Game Show didn't include any huge unveils or pieces of news. Instead The Last Guardian's U.S. producer interviewed Team Ico's Fumito Ueda about his upcoming game, before taking audience questions to finish things off. Here are the highlights:

* According to Ueda, the developers at Team Ico struggled with creating the technology and the games side-by-side on Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, so they decided to focus on the tech first for The Last Guardian and "lock the core elements" before moving heavily into the rest of the game's development. He notes that the team is currently at the end of the "trial and error" phase.
* Ueda's goal with this year's TGS trailer was to communicate two things -- first, that players shouldn't assume a sad ending because of how Ico and Shadow of the Colossus ended, and second that the bird/cat creature Trico now has more animation when it moves around.
* Early in development, the main character in The Last Guardian was female, but the team ended up going with a boy. The reason: they thought it would be more realistic that he would have enough grip strength to be able to climb around, and because they wouldn't have to worry about camera angles with a girl who wears a skirt.
* While Ueda confirmed that the PS3 remakes of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will be playable in 3D, he's not ready or able to say the same about The Last Guardian at this point. "We're not sure yet," he said when asked. He added, that both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were originally developed with "3D centric designs."
* Talking about the collection, Ueda said that U.S. players will finally get the Shadow of the Colossus ending that was previously reserved for European players; trophy support will be included, Shadow of the ; Colossus will now run at a fixed 30 frames per second; and the textures in both games have been updated and made to work in 3D. However, there won't be any other content changes made to either title. Also, both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will ship on a single disc for PS3 in the U.S. and Europe.
* In response to a question about whether there will be any official ties in The Last Guardian's story to Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, Ueda said that's the kind of thing he usually leaves until the end to decide. "Honestly, at this point, we don't know," he said.

Sony's official plans put the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection out in Spring, with The Last Guardian in "Holiday 2011" (we've heard November as a rumor). It's safe to say we'll probably be covering these once or twice more between now and then.
I hope third parties get on the bandwagon so we can get MGS and Prince of Persia collections. Maybe we'll even get lucky and they won't bother relicensing that shitty-ass nu metal soundtrack from Warrior Within.

---

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Dang... Nowhere close to me...

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

...[/QUOTE]That's not it, right? :whistle2:|

But it's tactical!

P1000396.jpg

Brak, are you going to draw that picture of me?

Temp I don't have money to spend right now. i just bought a jacket to prepare for the 3 cold days that are arriving in a few months and i got a pickle.

i'll get you two i try to get the ones that are a little darker because the really light ones taste funny!

manthing, shrimp pizza sounds really good...

[quote name='Trakan']Square Enix needs to get on board with the HD remakes.[/QUOTE]

Man, I never did play FFIX. Rented it, loved it. Wish I'd played it.

They start doing FF remakes, I'll have to get a PS3.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Man, I never did play FFIX. Rented it, loved it. Wish I'd played it.

They start doing FF remakes, I'll have to get a PS3.[/QUOTE]

FFIX is on the PSN store as a PSOne Classic... :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']FFIX is on the PSN store as a PSOne Classic... :lol:[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I wants.

Still don't have a Blu-Ray player. Maybe I'll get a PS3 during some deal or other next year.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I hope third parties get on the bandwagon so we can get MGS and Prince of Persia collections. Maybe we'll even get lucky and they won't bother relicensing that shitty-ass nu metal soundtrack from Warrior Within.

---

That's not it, right? :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I want the bonus features of the European version of ICO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc9Jw2huFrg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back