The Walking Dead - 400 Days (Between Seasons Episode) Out 7/2 for $4.99 - $19.99 Season Sub or $4.99 per Episode

[quote name='doubledown']How long is each episode? I started EP.1 last night, and Im just curious of the length. Is it like an hour like the TV show or something longer?[/QUOTE]
About two hours each.

Beat Episode 1 the other night thanks to Playstation Plus. Really liked it. Going to tackle Episode 2 tonight. I'm hooked so I'll gladly hand them my money for the rest of the series.

[quote name='Rockinjs']it comes out tomorrow on 360[/QUOTE]

my bad. you are correct. got it this morn. ready to get home and check it out. work can suck it

[quote name='8bitArtist']has no one played episode 4? definitely a great episode. shits gettin' real[/QUOTE]

I played it and I thought it was awesome, really good cliffhanger at the end too. The only problem I had was some minor freezing here and there when playing. It kinda messed up the flow of things little. Not sure if that's happening to everyone.

I just started playing this, after having had it downloaded for free from PS+ for a month. Great gameplay and a very nice cel-shaded graphics engine. I just wish the plot had an ounce more creativity than the cliched "woo, zombies" theme, but oh well, with the gameplay being as unique as it is, I might end up buying episodes 3/4/5 regardless.. hmm.

[quote name='Josh1billion']I just started playing this, after having had it downloaded for free from PS+ for a month. Great gameplay and a very nice cel-shaded graphics engine. I just wish the plot had an ounce more creativity than the cliched "woo, zombies" theme, but oh well, with the gameplay being as unique as it is, I might end up buying episodes 3/4/5 regardless.. hmm.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you haven't been exposed to The Walking Dead before if you think the story is focused on the zombies.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I'm guessing you haven't been exposed to The Walking Dead before if you think the story is focused on the zombies.[/QUOTE]
If you're referring to the show its based upon, no, I haven't seen it. If you're referring to the franchise as a whole, I'll comment on the game:

The characters and story arc in the game are interesting and well-written, and the majority of the writing focuses on the dynamic relationships between the characters, but yes, behind that all lies an extremely tired plot cliche: zombie apocalypse.

[quote name='Josh1billion']If you're referring to the show its based upon, no, I haven't seen it. If you're referring to the franchise as a whole, I'll comment on the game:[/QUOTE]

The game isn't based on the show, it's based on the comic book. Sorry, just being nit picky.

[quote name='Josh1billion']If you're referring to the show its based upon, no, I haven't seen it. If you're referring to the franchise as a whole, I'll comment on the game:

The characters and story arc in the game are interesting and well-written, and the majority of the writing focuses on the dynamic relationships between the characters, but yes, behind that all lies an extremely tired plot cliche: zombie apocalypse.[/QUOTE]

Much better :) It just sounded like you were short changing it the first time by lumping it in with every other game that involves zombies out there. Yes, the apocalypse is there to drive the story, but they use it to create a lot more drama and emotion than any other zombie game out there.

[quote name='Rodimus']The game isn't based on the show, it's based on the comic book. Sorry, just being nit picky.[/QUOTE]
Ah, you're right, thanks for the correction. (not being sarcastic-- I'd rather be corrected than mistaken ;))

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Much better :) It just sounded like you were short changing it the first time by lumping it in with every other game that involves zombies out there. Yes, the apocalypse is there to drive the story, but they use it to create a lot more drama and emotion than any other zombie game out there.[/QUOTE]
Very true. As I play more and more into it (currently toward the end of episode 2), I'm becoming more and more impressed by the skill of the writers.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I played it and I thought it was awesome, really good cliffhanger at the end too. The only problem I had was some minor freezing here and there when playing. It kinda messed up the flow of things little. Not sure if that's happening to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Worst episode as far as freezing and slow down/stuttering goes for me too. I hard to do a restart at the part where you close the door in the school due to freezing, which was a first for this game.

Good episode, I chose to:
drop Ben, go at it alone at the end, and keep my bite from the remaining group.

I think I'll probably end up doing another run through at least episodes 4 and 5 to see how things would have with different choices, assuming they do make a difference for the ending (finger crossed).

Finished Episode 4, which was great like the last few episodes. Episode 3 was the worst episode for me as far as bugs are concerned as the train sequence bugged out on me so that the camera was way under the ground and impossible to do anything until I quit and reloaded the save. It's a shame that they haven't fixed the issues with end of scenes transitions that has been around since at least Episode 2, though at least it's not as bad as the XBLA versions.

The ending to this episode is one that makes me hate the writers in the best way possible. With there being a second season in the works, I was hoping that this sort of thing wouldn't happen to potentially ruin the
Lee/Clementine relationship.
I have absolutely no idea where they're going to go beyond this season.

picture.php

This is the worst bug of Episode 4 by far, as I'd like to know what the five major choices are.

Having a 7 yr old daughter myself makes playing this game extra heart wrenching, I'm so glad I bought the season pass. Can't wait for season 2. On a side note I've had a few small graphical bugs nothing major.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It seems that Episode 5 may be out sooner than you think with the release of the stats video for Episode 4 and I've read that some reviewers have already gotten codes for the last episode of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbBOZrcNHXo[/QUOTE]

considering the disc version comes out in 3 weeks, epi 5 better come out soon. otherwise the internet will rage.

Just finished Episode 5 - very short compared to the previous ones.

In typical The Walking Dead fashion, the endings was depressing as shit. Once again, there is no such thing as a happy ending the TWD universe.

I kinda wished there was a little more closure provided at the end. I'm still hoping you take over as Clem next season and they don't do season 2 with all new characters.

Please Telltale - don't abandon the Clementine character, keep her story going.

Wow. Just wow. How was that a shitty ending? What do you really expect to come out of The Walking Dead? Never expect anything happy, that's for sure. I thought it was done perfectly and I actually called it happening this way a few episodes back. I'm sad, but damn that was enjoyable.

This episode was as smooth as butter regarding performance. No framerate drops or freezing whatsoever.

Being a seasoned WD reader I was expecting this ending. The game pulls no punches and I love it for that. Still the final episode was really sort with little to no puzzles. Question to people who beat it:

What happens if Lee doesn't cut off his hand? I cut it off in a very hard to watch scene. I was cringing as I heard him cut through the bone. Then I choose Clem not to shoot him but it never shows him turn. I'm curious if there different outcomes to Lee's fate (beside Clem shooting him the head). One more question, I killed Ben in the previous episode, what happens to him if you choose to save him? I'm guessing the balcony jumping scene kills him off

[quote name='Rodimus']Being a seasoned WD reader I was expecting this ending. The game pulls no punches and I love it for that. Still the final episode was really sort with little to no puzzles. Question to people who beat it:

What happens if Lee doesn't cut off his hand? I cut it off in a very hard to watch scene. I was cringing as I heard him cut through the bone. Then I choose Clem not to shoot him but it never shows him turn. I'm curious if there different outcomes to Lee's fate (beside Clem shooting him the head). One more question, I killed Ben in the previous episode, what happens to him if you choose to save him? I'm guessing the balcony jumping scene kills him off
[/QUOTE]

Well I think there are a couple of options with Ben. Kenny shot him in the head in my game. This was after the fall. The choices I had mad it look like there was more than a few ways he could die.

[quote name='Rodimus']Being a seasoned WD reader I was expecting this ending. The game pulls no punches and I love it for that. Still the final episode was really sort with little to no puzzles. Question to people who beat it:

[/QUOTE]

I didn't cut my hand off - I decided that since I had fainted once due to fever I was fucked either way, and I liked my chances of saving Clem better with 2 hands, and not being in extreme pain the whole time.

Can anyone answer, if you didn't seal the food at the end of episode 2 from the car, what was the guy's reason for kidnapping Clem? Just crazy?

And does Kenny sacrifice himself to save Christa no matter how things went down with him earlier?

I need to do a re-play sometime and try to make different decisions to see how things play out differently, or don't. This is no Heavy Rain as far as decisions making a big impact on story, but still a great game and GOTY worthy title IMO.

[quote name='waldo21212']
I didn't cut my hand off - I decided that since I had fainted once due to fever I was fucked either way, and I liked my chances of saving Clem better with 2 hands, and not being in extreme pain the whole time.

Can anyone answer, if you didn't seal the food at the end of episode 2 from the car, what was the guy's reason for kidnapping Clem? Just crazy?

And does Kenny sacrifice himself to save Christa no matter how things went down with him earlier?

I need to do a re-play sometime and try to make different decisions to see how things play out differently, or don't. This is no Heavy Rain as far as decisions making a big impact on story, but still a great game and GOTY worthy title IMO.[/QUOTE]
I chose to cut my hand off because I figured it was my only option. I knew I was fucked, but I thought it might give me more time. I think you steal the food no matter what. I made the choice to keep myself and Clem from joining in on stealing it and urged everyone else to do the same, but the group still decided to keep the food. I mentioned to the crazy guy that I wanted nothing to do with it and he said that Clementine had mentioned that. He then went on to detail just how much of a monster I was and admitting that he knew pretty much everything about it.

Also, Ben fell off the balcony and was impaled and after settling their differences earlier in the episode, Kenny sacrificed himself to the zombies and put Ben out of his misery with the last bullet he had.

the ending was shitty because it left too much open. it was obvious
lee was gonna die. a little 9 year old isnt going to survive the apocalypse by herself. would have liked it better if it ended with her meeting up with omid and christa(and the ending after the credits doesnt confirm thats omid and christa walking in the distance)

the scene in the beginning with lee climbing up a ladder had insanely terrible frame rate for me. so bad that i didnt even get to press any of the button options.

[quote name='8bitArtist']the ending was shitty because it left too much open. it was obvious
lee was gonna die. a little 9 year old isnt going to survive the apocalypse by herself. would have liked it better if it ended with her meeting up with omid and christa(and the ending after the credits doesnt confirm thats omid and christa walking in the distance)

the scene in the beginning with lee climbing up a ladder had insanely terrible frame rate for me. so bad that i didnt even get to press any of the button options.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for that ending too, not that it would be a "happy" ending, but at least give you some closure to this chapter of Clem's story.

I still hope the game is a continuation of Clem's survival story for future seasons.

Just finished this up and wow what a game. Even though I was expecting the ending I got it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Definitely a GOTY contender in my book, can't wait for season 2.

I finally finished Episode Five and it was an extremely good ending, though I would've done one thing different. I would've
given player control over to Clementine in that last segment as a sort of passing-of-the-torch moment that would've also been a clear hint to who the focus of Season Two would be. At least before you see the after credits scene.
About the big plot twist:
I hadn't ever considered that the station wagon owner would be the guy that would go on a huge revenge rampage to not only kill everybody in the group, but also kidnap Clementine when she talked about what happened. It's an interesting way to go over the fucked up decisions that you made over the course of the season from a new perspective, which is crazy when it's out of context like that.

My choices in Episode Five:
-Don't Cut Off The Arm
-Lost Temper with Kenny
-Gave Up The Weapons
-Let Clementine Kill The Kidnapper
-Had Clementine Shoot Lee

It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if I let them cut off the arm because I imagine that the killing spree to get into the hotel would've been a bit different/crazier.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/02/the-walking-dead-400-days-out-today/

The Walking Dead: 400 Days is out today with the first episode also being free:

If you were poking around online yesterday, chances are you might have seen our LATE BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT from Telltale Games that The Walking Dead: 400 Days is officially headed to PlayStation Network on PlayStation 3…. TODAY!

This special DLC episode features five short stories set during the first 400 Days of the undead apocalypse, giving you a unique perspective on the world seen in Season One of the series. 400 Days will also take into consideration the choices made during your play-through of the first five episodes, effecting certain aspects of your play through of the DLC. On top of that, the choices you make in 400 Days will also have an effect on the upcoming Season Two of the series, coming later this Fall!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZo6VENOCU

If you’ve never played the series, we also have some more great news… Starting today, The Walking Dead: Episode One – A New Day will be FREE FOR DOWNLOAD on PlayStation Network for a limited time! This is especially good news if you’re interested in checking out this latest episode, since you’ll need to at least have Episode One of the series on your hard drive in order to purchase The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC for just $4.99 USD. We don’t necessarily recommend playing 400 Days before playing all of Season One, but it’s not required as it features an entirely new cast of characters separate from Lee & Clementine’s story.

That’s probably enough babbling from me over here, but we’re thrilled to launch the episode today on the PlayStation Store, so check it out and let us know what you think! Also, the PS Vita version of The Walking Dead: Season One, including the 400 Days DLC, is looking on track for release sometime next month in August, and we’ll have more news and more details on that bundle very soon! Until then, if you’re a PlayStation 3 user, enjoy the episode and we’ll be tracking the choices made by the community all month long, so swing on into Red’s Diner today where the most difficult decision you’ll have to make WON’T just involve what’s on the menu…. trust us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate how they announce these download games' release dates so close to the release date.  I like to plan out my gaming schedule, dammit!  But will buy. :)

I finished 400 Days and it's pretty good. This seems like it's going to be how your crew is decided for Season 2 while giving you some backstory on them. It's maybe about an hour long at most, but they managed to fit in a lot of stuff and tough choices in there.

My choices:

[customspoiler='Spoiler']Vince shot the white collar guy to get free. Bonnie lied about killing Dee, though I don't know if you could avoid killing her. Russell told the guy to fuck off at the end and left as he shot the two old people. Shel chose to let the guy go and ultimately stayed at the camp and shot Stephanie. Wyatt lost at rock, paper, scissors and had to go investigate the body and was left behind when the truck found Eddie and the car. The crew that left from the group were Wyatt, Bonnie, and Russell. Shel, Becca, and Vince stayed behind.[/customspoiler]

Surprisingly, all of the community choices were at 50%, so I guess not many people have played it yet. I'm excited to 

Last edited by a moderator:
so i finally played episodes 4 and 5. my mind is crazy but theres all kind of spoilers ahead. lets just get right into the finale 
i was bummed when lee was bitten and i hid it from everyone. no way in hell was i cutting my arm off.kenny biting the dust was a bummer to (oh my god they killed kenny!?) walking toward the hotel with double shanks was awesome, car guy being the weirdo was kind of lame and i had little clem plug a bullet in my head before i turned walker. i really liked the last convo you have with clem i told her i'll miss her.
tomorrow i'll be playing 400 days but man i really had a fun time with this season.

I finished Episode 5 a while ago, and I cried like a baby. Just bought 400 days; can't wait to get out of work to go and play it!!

bread's done
Back