The Walking Dead at Redbox, $1 to see Season 1

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)
Halloween + Zombies = profit

Redbox will be infected this Tuesday 9/27, now there's no reason not to at least check it out.

This is a first for Redbox, I'm not sure how they'll offer a 2-disc season set for rental, unless they plan on splitting it as two rentals or have a rental-only version that stuck them all one one disc.

Added bonus: watch all 5 hours on Tuesday night and you'll be a zombie at work the next day!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seether254']or you know you could have just watched it on AMC when it aired like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Or you know, maybe not everyone has cable TV?

One of the most overrated shows in a while. After a fantastic pilot episode, it was completely mediocre in just about every way.

[quote name='seether254']or you know you could have just watched it on AMC when it aired like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

...Something tells me you don't pay bills.

Awesome deal! I've already seen the whole season tho, so I dunno if it would be useful or fun for me to watch the whole thing again in one day lol.

Hope they start doing this with other tv shows tho. That would be cool.

Just rented this - it's a flipper disc, so rent this ASAP if you want to actually be able to watch the episodes, because it'll probably get scratched to hell and back soon enough. Special feature-wise, it's a pretty loaded set, so thankfully, they didn't skimp out and make a stripped-down rental edition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Or you know, you could not be such a dirty poor and watch it on a proper format like BLU-RAY like the rest of us. :roll:

1. Some people don't have cable
2. Some people haven't seen it and want to
3. Some people want to watch it again because it was good.
4. Some people want to watch it again because it was good and they want to watch it again before season 2
5. Some people want to watch it in the spirit of halloween, being zombies and all.

I grabbed the Blu Ray set at Best Buy for 20-ish bucks some time ago. It really looks amazing on Blu, but I'm sure the DVD is just as good. A lot of people whine due to it not being completely faithful to the comic, but whatever. $1 to see the entire first season is a steal.

[quote name='styl3s']1. Some people don't have cable
2. Some people haven't seen it and want to
3. Some people want to watch it again because it was good.
4. Some people want to watch it again because it was good and they want to watch it again before season 2
5. Some people want to watch it in the spirit of halloween, being zombies and all.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the #4 category. I ended up watching it again on demand.

For anyone interested enough to read this thread, willing to spend $1, and has like 6 hours to kill, you must watch this show.

[quote name='SanjiX']I grabbed the Blu Ray set at Best Buy for 20-ish bucks some time ago. It really looks amazing on Blu, but I'm sure the DVD is just as good. A lot of people whine due to it not being completely faithful to the comic, but whatever. $1 to see the entire first season is a steal.[/QUOTE]
Those people are blind fanboys that don't understand how television/movies work, they have to appeal to the general audience, not just the fanboys.

And as one of the biggest Walking Dead fanboys i welcome change because why would i want to watch a show where i know every twist? that isn't entertaining, i like to see new characters, characters that die live, characters that live die, characters i don't know live or die, new storylines etc.

[quote name='styl3s']Those people are blind fanboys that don't understand how television/movies work, they have to appeal to the general audience, not just the fanboys.

And as one of the biggest Walking Dead fanboys i welcome change because why would i want to watch a show where i know every twist? that isn't entertaining, i like to see new characters, characters that die live, characters that live die, characters i don't know live or die, new storylines etc.[/QUOTE]

This was a major point of contention in the Walking Dead Off Topic thread last year. My biggest thing is that I like surprises in stories; if they follow the comics exactly there's not much opportunity for me to be surprised because I've read all the issues.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Season 1 is now available on Netflix and hulu streaming.[/QUOTE]
Oh snaps, I'm gonna Netflix that tonight. Thanks for letting us know.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh snaps, I'm gonna Netflix that tonight. Thanks for letting us know.[/QUOTE]

I am so excited I will be able to re-watch it before the new season.

bread's done
Back