The Walking Dead: Episode 1 Free on Xbox Live

[quote name='mopar-man']For some reason, episodes 1-5 were FREE for me to download. :)[/QUOTE]

It says "Full Game - The Walking Dead" but it's really just Episode 1. It's ~400MB, and the total of all five episodes is just under 3GB, around ~600MB each for Episodes 2-5. I'm guessing that this is what spurred this assumption.

Well looks like I own a free copy of episode 1 on PC, iOS, PS3 and now 360. They're really throwing this one out there huh? My educated guess is that the episodes will be 200 points each which adds up to 800 for all 5 which is $10, a common sale price on the PC.

Good move here by TT imo. Will def be picking up the other episodes whether I get around to actually playing Ep1 before then or not. Just seems too gud a game :p

[quote name='abhinav']Well looks like I own a free copy of episode 1 on PC, iOS, PS3 and now 360. They're really throwing this one out there huh? My educated guess is that the episodes will be 200 points each which adds up to 800 for all 5 which is $10, a common sale price on the PC.[/QUOTE]

Actually they are hoping people will like it and pay money for the other 4. With it winning GOTY it won't be cheap for a while.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']do you have to have gold to dl this?[/QUOTE]
No, you don't need gold for this( I'm Silver as well ). Huzzah:bouncy:

[quote name='62t']Actually they are hoping people will like it and pay money for the other 4. With it winning GOTY it won't be cheap for a while.[/QUOTE]

But, it's going on sale on Friday...

[quote name='Mjkjets']No, you don't need gold for this( I'm Silver as well ). Huzzah:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yup, I just did it. Thanks. Looking forward to playing this one. Might just have to pick up the others when they're on sale later this week.

I think I'm the only zombie fan out there that didn't enjoy this game. Got it on the PS3 when the free trial first came out and honestly didn't enjoy it at all. Wasn't a fan of the controls, or the comic art style, or the fact you had to have that kid tagging along.

I checked this out and I always thought it was an FPS with moral choices you could make. Instead it is more of a point and click adventure and a pretty damn good one at that.

I Am enjoying it so far and will probably download the rest of them Friday. This maybe one of the few games my wife plays on 360

So how's the Multiplayer?

Guess I'll just pass to myself.

There is no Multiplayer

ohnoo_zpsa6d52a93.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks op!
i'm thinking the sale price for eps 2-5 will be 200-250 pts each. Less than $12.50 for a game many consider a game of the year contender is a freakin steal.

Played Ep 1 today. Way better than I expected. Was disappointed when it finally ended. I wanna see what happens next!

Gonna get the physical copy for PS3 if I can get it for $20 or less.

[quote name='KrizB']So how's the Multiplayer?

Guess I'll just pass to myself.

ohnoo_zpsa6d52a93.gif
[/QUOTE]

The game doesnt need multiplayer but....
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Now I can't wait till friday to see how much the rest of the episodes are discounted. The first episode was surprisingly damn fun and got me hooked.

Played it for the first time last night, although I've had the first few episodes free for a while now on PS+ , really enjoyed it. Will wait for the rest to drop price.

[quote name='emwearz']I have never tried to download something on Xbox that is not available in my region. If I create a US account and download it to my Xbox will I be able to play the game using my au Xbox account (similar to what can be done with a ps3).

Game is banned in Australia ( oddly enough only on Xbox, not pc or iOS)[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to see if anyone had this answer.

Loved the first episode, I was nervous throughout the whole thing. Debating on the other episodes or Skyrim DLC right now.

Just finished the first episode about 20 mins ago and LOVED IT!!! Can't wait to grab the other ones on sale Friday! Glad I held out and didn't buy the retail for more money.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Just finished the first episode about 20 mins ago and LOVED IT!!! Can't wait to grab the other ones on sale Friday! Glad I held out and didn't buy the retail for more money.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I was debating between Dead Space 2 and Walking Dead last week at Best Buy. Ended up choosing DS2 because I had $15 in RZ certificates, so payed a little over $5 after tax. Then I got a 1600 Xbox points card for Xmas, then learned the first WD episode was free and the others went on sale for 800 pts total... WINNING!!:D

I'm happy with getting the whole game for 800 MSP. But after playing the first three episodes I'm amazed that it was handed a GOTY award. It's basicly one step away from being just a motion comic. Good, but nowhere near the level of a game as the bg triple A titles this year.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm happy with getting the whole game for 800 MSP. But after playing the first three episodes I'm amazed that it was handed a GOTY award. It's basicly one step away from being just a motion comic. Good, but nowhere near the level of a game as the bg triple A titles this year.[/QUOTE]

I just got done with the first 3 episodes as well. I was pleasantly surprised with it. I didn't read all of the hype I guess. Who gave them a GOTY award? Was is just spike TV or were there others?

My biggest complaint is that when I started up episode 2, it made me play the last 20 or 30 minutes of episode 1 again that I just played moments earlier. It doesn't make any sense. There's no way it didn't save. I never left the game or even paused the game. I played episode 1 and 2 back to back during the same sitting.

[quote name='captpluto9465']Loved the first episode, I was nervous throughout the whole thing. Debating on the other episodes or Skyrim DLC right now.[/QUOTE]

It gets better. Ep 2 was insane, ep4 was nerve racking, and ep5 was brutal....i just beat it tonight and it was worth every cent. Awesome story line and cant wait for season 2

[quote name='Apostle22']It gets better. Ep 2 was insane, ep4 was nerve racking, and ep5 was brutal....i just beat it tonight and it was worth every cent. Awesome story line and cant wait for season 2[/QUOTE]

Aww sh!t son. I'm going to try to finish 4 and 5 tonight.

Spoilers below:

Episode 2 was predictable, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the foreshadowing. Those dairy farmers were just too fucking nice. I knew they would be sick cannibalistic fucks. I loved it and I loved the homage to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre dinner scene.

I killed both of the brothers, but then at the end of episode 2, the statistics said me and only 17% of other players decided to kill both of them. What the fuck is up with that? I know the second brother actually wanted to die and I was doing him a favor. I just didn't want that evil redneck to live any longer or come back for revenge someday. I don't care if Clementine and the whole group had to watch me murder him.

bread's done
Back