The Walking Dead (PS3/360) $9.99 New @ GameStop B&M

When I went to GS the emplyoee tried to convince me not to buy it lol. I had played the first two episodes, and I asked why it was so bad and he said "not enough action." I'm pretty sure these games aren't going for action but more focusing on the story. Here's hoping that the 360 version doesn't have that many bugs as others said on here
If you have a 4GB Slim with no HDD then it's unplayable.

I would think pc would be best, assuming you have a modern & powerful enough system, which should easily have better specs than these 7-8 year old consoles -- unless the pc version is a really terrible port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't sure if they were going to match it. I screwed up my print out from GS website. So I showed them it on my phone. As another poster said further up GameStop is not listed in their register as a place they PM with.

However the guy checking me out was new and kept asking the woman on the other register how to over ride it. Finally she came over and did the match. She selected other online retailer and typed in Game stop in the comments and typed in the price. I used the $5 Gift for you certificate. I was one point away from another $5 certificate before paying for this game.

That's odd, my Best Buy will price match GameStop. If you don't have a flyer, they will look it up online on their computers to verify at checkout. They just don't allow people to use their smart phones to show the online flyer through. I did this with the 50% strategy guides last time.

That's odd, my Best Buy will price match GameStop. If you don't have a flyer, they will look it up online on their computers to verify at checkout. They just don't allow people to use their smart phones to show the online flyer through. I did this with the 50% strategy guides last time.
I use my iPhone to PM at Best Buy all the time with success

Stopped by GameStop in the mall by my house today.  They had the game on a small display in the front of the store.  Marked down from $39.99 to $19.99.  Wonder if it would have rang up at $9.99 or $19.99.

picked one up. last one, so it had a case with layers of stickers on it. why is okay for them to sell opened games as new? Gamestop sucks.

picked one up. last one, so it had a case with layers of stickers on it. why is okay for them to sell opened games as new? Gamestop sucks.

Yep, got a "New" opened copy myself. Hate that.

I picked this up on pc in a steam sale and did not regret it one bit.  If you don't care about the other extras, 10 bux + 5 for 400 days is a steal for what you get from this game. 

I thought episode 1 was boring, not clever enough to pass for a good point and click adventure. Surprised at the popularity it has. That said, I'll probably finish the whole thing eventually for an easy achievement completion.
I agree with you completely. I downloaded it onto our slim PS3 using points, no glitching problems, but I just don't get the "Walking Dead" feeling with the game. With point and click, you have to rely on a strong story, and I just wasn't feeling it. Got all the trophies, though.

i have never, ever agreed with that. When I ask "why can't I receive a copy factory shrink wrap sealed"? Then the reply I get is "well, we don't have any" or some BS regarding "our customers like to check the discs". Long story short, I don't shop @ Gamestop anymore.

i have never, ever agreed with that. When I ask "why can't I receive a copy factory shrink wrap sealed"? Then the reply I get is "well, we don't have any" or some BS regarding "our customers like to check the discs". Long story short, I don't shop @ Gamestop anymore.
I always get the run-around when I complain about it. I have no problem with buying an opened copy...I could care less if I'm the one who opens it. But I really...REALLY hate that if you were to buy a game New, open it in the parking lot, then walk right back in, they would refuse to allow you to return your "used" copy.

It's the double standard that gets me.

Their snot-nosed employees can open a New game and sell it as New, yet I'm viewed as a careless person if I were to attempt the same.

Why don't you guys just go and price match somewhere else?

I personally don't agree with Gamestops used new game bullshit either, that's why I refuse to give them any business whatsoever

Let them eat that opened copy that they purposefully ruined and are trying to pass the cost off on a hapless customer

bread's done
Back