The Walking Dead Season 1 DVD 21.88 at Sam's Club

From what I saw of the Best Buy thread and Target thread, it will be about that price on Blu.
EDIT: Though if you only buy dvds, I guess it's a good price.

[quote name='Adobe Jones']Got the season pass on XBL. Are the extras good enough to merit a physical copy?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, no. There are no commentaries, which scores negative points for me, as I am a big fan of them. The extras listed are:

The Making Of THE WALKING DEAD
Inside THE WALKING DEAD Episodes 1-6
A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman
Behind the Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips
Convention Panel with Producers
THE WALKING DEAD Trailer.

Nothing to really wow me there. I'm not sure how in-depth the making of features are, but if you are a huge fan of that sort of stuff, I would say maybe you would be interested. If not, I think you will be fine with just the DVD.

I got the season pass also. But judging from past experiences I'll wait for someone to upload the extras on youtube. Thanks anyway OP.

for 6 eps, anything over $20 is overpayment.

The series probably won't start back up again til next October, and this is a show I watch so I'll eventually buy the dvd. However, sice I won't even watch it right away, I'll wait til a sale gets it around $10.

I just didn't get why this show was so hot. I love the other AMC series but this one just seemed like a bunch of cliched over-dramatized dialog while there happened to be zombies running around.

Scanned for 19.96 for the DVD and 24.96 for Blu @ wallyworld though a markup may drop inthe system though I hope not.

Discs were not stocked but as CAGs, we had to know before we secured dem for Tuesday.

I loved this show, but I will wait on the Blu-Ray to drop in price. I would call this a mini-series cuz 6 episodes does not make a season.

[quote name='Capocci 007']for 6 eps, anything over $20 is overpayment.

The series probably won't start back up again til next October, and this is a show I watch so I'll eventually buy the dvd. However, sice I won't even watch it right away, I'll wait til a sale gets it around $10.[/QUOTE]
bullshit

its 6 of some of the best television produced in along time im so tired of people saying just because its 6 episodes its not worth 20+ when it clearly is.

in terms of is it worth getting if you own a 720p/1080i compressed season pass, if you care about quality clearly it is plus extras, overpaying is just what you think its worth and thinking 20+ is overpaying puts you in the minority, then again i wouldn't spend more then 5 bucks on a movie like LOTR or star wars but those aren't my cup of tea.

[quote name='tranceFusion']I just didn't get why this show was so hot. I love the other AMC series but this one just seemed like a bunch of cliched over-dramatized dialog while there happened to be zombies running around.[/QUOTE]
acquired taste i guess? i think the same thing about mad men and wire but both were incredibly hot shows, it's just one of those shows you either like or dislike

the main problem with people thinking 20+ is too much is they keep saying 6 episode season, this season was planned and released as a mini-series long before it got picked up, they market it was S1 clearly because its picked up and makes sense to call it a season, i pay 30 for this over 3 half ass $10 Br movies.

The DVD version isn't worth $20 or even $2

The Blu-ray on the other hand, is another story.

The DVD release is a complete rip-off considering you can get 720p copies of the whole season from the iTunes store for $18. There's just no point whatsoever to having a higher priced, inferior quality version.

Who buys DVDs anymore anyway? It's like still buying VHSs when DVDs came out ;).

I'm waiting for a sale on this though. I loved Walking Dead to death (I'm current with the manga, so I'm a bit of a fanboy), but I won't pay what they are asking for a 6 episode season, that I'll admit, was pretty slow. The second season will definitely pick up if it follows the manga even remotely (the CDC episode was never in the manga fyi).

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the DVD is only $18 at amazon and BD only $23. Still a bit pricey for only 6 episodes, but I'll probably bite (pun intended)

[quote name='formerroadie']I would call this a mini-series cuz 6 episodes does not make a season.[/QUOTE]
The UK would like to have a word with you. A lot of the seasons for their series take place over 6 - 12 episodes, quality over quantity is never a bad thing.

[quote name='styl3s']bullshit

its 6 of some of the best television produced in along time im so tired of people saying just because its 6 episodes its not worth 20+ when it clearly is.[/QUOTE]
I don't get it either. People will pay $10 - $15 for an hour and a half long movie, but $20 is too expensive for six 45 minute episodes.

its 6 of some of the best television produced in along time im so tired of people saying just because its 6 episodes its not worth 20+ when it clearly is.[/QUOTE]

/opinion

Aside from the pilot and finale, I personally found the show to be a disconnected mess. Thus, I would consider this overpaying. But that's MY opinion.

[quote name='Zerok']I don't get it either. People will pay $10 - $15 for an hour and a half long movie, but $20 is too expensive for six 45 minute episodes.[/QUOTE]
Not me--I won't pay $10+ for a single movie on BD (I won't spend anything on a movie on DVD) and will spend $25 max on a TV show season (only buy DVD when it's the only option). The MSRPs on some of these new releases is absolutely ridiculous--especially films for $40 or $50 and HBO TV series (more expensive and use huge, non-standard BD packaging).

its 6 of some of the best television produced in along time im so tired of people saying just because its 6 episodes its not worth 20+ when it clearly is.

in terms of is it worth getting if you own a 720p/1080i compressed season pass, if you care about quality clearly it is plus extras, overpaying is just what you think its worth and thinking 20+ is overpaying puts you in the minority, then again i wouldn't spend more then 5 bucks on a movie like LOTR or star wars but those aren't my cup of tea.

acquired taste i guess? i think the same thing about mad men and wire but both were incredibly hot shows, it's just one of those shows you either like or dislike

the main problem with people thinking 20+ is too much is they keep saying 6 episode season, this season was planned and released as a mini-series long before it got picked up, they market it was S1 clearly because its picked up and makes sense to call it a season, i pay 30 for this over 3 half ass $10 Br movies.[/QUOTE]

Don't get carried away fanboy. The show is not that good, it isn't even best on television LOL

bread's done
Back