The Walking Dead Survival Instinct (360) $29.99 on BestBuy.com

Young Deezy

Banned
Just bought it from BB.com for $30. It was $16.30 total for me since I used a $15 giftcard. Good deal for any Walking Dead fans out there even if the reviews were mediocre.

As a huge walking dead fan this is to much money for a mediocre effort. A Shane because there's some great ideas in here, but the enemy AI is abysmal!

The Angry Joe review is really well done and touches on some great points, as he always does in his reviews. I'll grab it for $10 in a future @Gamer coupon.

FYI Amazon has price matched this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J16ARY?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i appreciate it.. saved me lots in tax,time and gas[/QUOTE]
No problem. I picked it up this AM too. All the hate$hath made me curious

[quote name='ultramanJ']As a huge walking dead fan this is to much money for a mediocre effort. A Shane because there's some great ideas in here, but the enemy AI is abysmal!
[/QUOTE]

Or is it the best enemy AI ever? After all, zombies are supposed to be dead creatures with minimal brain functioning, largely going on basic instinct. Maybe zombies that sometimes don't notice you're there and go shambling around banging on other doors trying to get to other zombies was the intentional AI programming goal. Okay, probably not. But they may have unintentionally made more realistic zombies. lol

At $29.99, plus the $31 trade in on Amazon. I'll try this game. I like trying games before judgment them for myself. Some of my favorite games have come from out of nowhere to surprise me, e.g. Fracture, Binary Domain, Shadows of the Damned, etc. On the other hand, I have played some games that have been nearly universally acclaimed, only to not enjoy them or find them boring (Bioshock 1 is kinda in there, I respect the game, but never once cared for the story, and the gameplay felt slow to me).

I'm willing to try this game, I expect a wreck of course, but am willing to try it.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']My survival instinct tells me to avoid this game[/QUOTE]

This thread blossomed into Gold tier territory real quick.

I don't know. I kinda enjoy this game. Not quite a guilty pleasure. But it's fun to put in for a few levels in between Bioshock and MLB 13.

[quote name='nightmare452']$ On the other hand, I have played some games that have been nearly universally acclaimed, only to not enjoy them or find them boring (Bioshock 1 is kinda in there, I respect the game, but never once cared for the story, and the gameplay felt slow to me).

I'm willing to try this game, I expect a wreck of course, but am willing to try it.[/QUOTE]
Thank god. Feel the same way about BioShock. Except for one decent plot twist it was sooooo boring. Regardless this is a check your brain at the door game. I've heard some decent things so it's worth a shot.

bread's done
Back