The WarZ- DayZ ripoff, actually pretty fun

MrshllJcb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
So I know that Day Z is goin standalone soon enough and its probably going to be better than this but is anyone currently playing TheWarZ? I've been for like 2 days and I like it so far, but would like some people to party up with cause its a cold world out there goin solo

I'm interested in buying it but I sorta want a guest pass to try it out before I do that or at least a friend or two to play it with.

I wish I had bought the tier with the passes so I could give to you guys to try. I think if you like DayZ youlld probably like it. I guess its a little less "hardcore" cause you start with a map and flashlight but it has a very similar feel I think. But please let me know if you guys try though so we can join up

Yeah. I haven't even looked at the store but I think its mostly useless. I thought I had heard that if you buy additional weapons or gear and die you lose those as well, so i wanna try to see if I can kill people and take their premium gear.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I was very interested in this one, but was really turned off by the sort of freemium take on it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's freediculous.

The game is on sale today for $14.99. I assume or black friday. Is this the cheapest it has been?

Edit:

Well it's back up to $24.99, but I but yesterday at $14.99

I think it was the cheapest I had seen it and I had been meaning to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that the cheapest it has been. It normally $24.99, some times $19.99. Not a bad game for the money. But then again I'm coming from Xbox, where new AAA games are $60, plus a season pass for DLC in the $30 to $50. So $15 for a game that's updated and supported, is well worth it in my book.

It's back down to 14.99 with the new update/wipe.I just bought it and I am actually having a lot of fun.It also runs soooo much smoother on my pc than Dayz.Seems to look better too.Now i just need to find a better weapon than a Mag Lite :cry:

Hmmm, looks like $15 is the new low price for the game and this time it comes with free guest passes. I assume it might drop even lower next sale then. Still happy I bought it. Played it a few hours and have had some fun with it. Finding good weapons is really hard, but something very exciting about seeing a clan in the town you are heading to, hiding, and watching them unbeknownst to them. lol. I've also had a few close calls with people literally crossing the road ahead of me and never turning to see me there...

If anyone wants to know

Patch notes for 12/6:

Engine optimization's
Fixed a bunch of crashes
Lots map fixes
Animation fixes
Double barrel shotgun added
Fixed a bug that was allowing the use night vision after removing goggles
You can now move the camera around after you died

They also seemed to add more foliage i think but i was playing at night.

So I've been playing a lot. I have a shitton of guns run now (like 4 Assault rifles, and uzi, and like 4 or 5 pistols), along with a Large backpack, medium backpack and tons of food/med supplies. Now the biggest challenge is getting this stuff back to a safehouse so I can hoard it in my inventory. So far my favorite location is the weatherstation in the western part (I think a little NW of the Norad base). Since I bought into the game early I got $15 worth of in game currency, which I have used so far to buy spiked bats for my characters when Ive loaded up a new one. Ive killed quite a few bandits (my favorite being when I spawned at the top of the weatherstation behind a bandit when I only had bullets in my pistol. I snuck up behind him and doubled tapped him in the back of the head and got an M4 out of it.). I also like the trailer park a lot because you can watch people in the town from the hill and either stalk them or bolt relatively easy

Really looking forward to when we are able to rent our own server though as having 69 potential advesaries along with the zombies is a little too much in a pretty small map. and I think I am closing in on the 20 hour mark if anyone would be willing to join my clan.

Also if anyone wants to play and party up let me know, I will share the weapons/supplies

wow I'm very interested in this game just the type of game I had been waiting for, is the $15 Gold Currency worth getting the $25 pack over the $15? Does it make a big difference?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']wow I'm very interested in this game just the type of game I had been waiting for, is the $15 Gold Currency worth getting the $25 pack over the $15? Does it make a big difference?[/QUOTE]

I got the $15 of in game currency after the recent wipe as a result of joining the game in October. There are a few items you can buy that make things a lot easier going with a new character. If you were going to buy items I'd suggest the Spiked Bat as its very effective against zombies and a decent value, and i think its called the MTV vest which is a light armor. I think there's a chance that the currency will be able to be used to rent servers at some point which I personally cant wait for. As a new player I also highly suggest you avoid highly populated servers. I also have somewhere around 14 hours played (Walking Dead has been stealing valuable game time) so i should be able to set up a clan soon.

ok cool and how much do things cost with Gold Currency like how much was the spiked bat and the vest? What about guns? Just to see if the $15 GC is even worth it of the bat costs like $10 GC

heads up the game is now on Steam and its 10% off so $13.49 for the game alone, $22.49 for the game +2100 credits and $44.99 for game +7500 credits

Im not sure the numbers off the top of my head, but both the vest and spiked bat were under 200 of the gold currency (The type you buy with real money) I believe. There havent been any guns to buy (That would really screw up an already intentionally imbalanced game), but you can buy some ammo types. Some of the buyable items are superficial only, but there are quite a few useful ones. Some of the items can also be bought by using the currency that zombies occasionally drop (Blue money that is obtained in the game), but those items seem to have really high price tags (I seriously covet the Night Vision Goggles, but they are like $16 grand). Now anything you buy will be lost if you die so you need to be aware of that, and use the stuff when you can be pretty sure you'll survive (low population servers)

Also for people who purchased the game prior to it being on Steam there should be a key conversion site up soon to switch your original WarZ key for a steam redeemable key

wait, you gotta buy in game currency to play the game? How much of a necessity is that? I was interested in the game, but if its pay-to-pay (not misspelled) then I'm out.

On another note, wtf happened to our dayZ group.

Ha the game has been at least temporarily removed from Steam. Such a joke this whole thing was. Major props to Valve for removing this. I don't know what else they could have done. Had they left it up they'd have a nightmare on their hands.

The fact that Valve/Steam is willing to give refunds is quite impressive. If you've ever tried to get one in the past, you know how stingy they are about such things.

What a monumental piece of shit this game is.

I don't understand all the hate on this game, is it because they listed features that weren't available yet? Or is there another reason. The thing I do not like is they increased the respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours and added a feature to pay to respawn immediately. I played it once was walking out of forest and got shot. I could see that getting annoying even though you can just load up another character

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I don't understand all the hate on this game, is it because they listed features that weren't available yet? Or is there another reason. The thing I do not like is they increased the respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours and added a feature to pay to respawn immediately. I played it once was walking out of forest and got shot. I could see that getting annoying even though you can just load up another character[/QUOTE]

Ppl were getting band for hacking the game without ANY TIME SPENT IN THE ACTUAL GAME. A disgruntle employee stated that it was tactic they were using to show that they were trying to combat the hacking that was actually going on but that in reality they had NO WAY of knowing who was doing what due to shitty code.

Wow, seems like a lot shit going on. Hopefully they can get their shit together. I bought the game in October with the understanding that it wasn't finished and would be sort of like Minecraft in that it would be always updated and changed. So far I can say they have been active in tweaking parts of the game in some respects but it definitely doesn't feel like a finished product in the least. That being said I've been playing since October and I do really enjoy it, I did have some encounters with hackers early on but its been a while since that happened (I do usually frequent lower populated servers too though). I really hop the developers aren't the giant pieces of shit everyone says and will actually daeliver on what they've advertised. But as others have said its a very flawed game so buyer beware

Also Shosh I haven't bought any in game currency at all. I was given $15 dollars worth of currency (the type you buy or get in one of the deals) for playing before the wipe they had and then there is a seperate kind of money you can't pay for that you collect in game that can buy other items. I wouldn't say its pay to win but there are some items that give you a leg up when starting, although they are much more useful against zombies than humans

Actually they won't get their shit together. The main guy is known for being a scam artist and he is the guy behind Big Rigs. They have bad business practices, have put people who wanted a refund on a payment blacklist with the company that handles their payments, support logs off the chat when you criticize the game and many other issues. Considering the ONLY map you have to walk in is advertised at 75km and the ENTIRE map is only 21.5km its yet another bullet in their chest. The game is a blatant ripoff, reuses textures from War Inc., copies DayZ horribly and is backed by a group of people who just want money and nothing more.

My favorite part was when the mods got their steam community privileges revoked.

hmm, well I dont know then, I guess I'll just have to hope they put it together.

Im enjoying it, and my friends that are playing with me are liking it, so it'll do until DayZ (which will undoubtedly be a better product) comes along. I do appreciate the fact that I've never broken a leg or my neck while going from a sprint to prone though. I also never played War Inc (which Ive read all the textures, locations, even weapon animations are ripped off completely from) so the game doesnt feel like a ripoff to me (aside from DayZ). I'm not encouraging or trying to sway anyone to buy it; but I do definitely feel like I've gotten my $15 dollars worth of entertainment so far.

Last night I actually set an excellent trap. I laid a few food items in a doorway and stood of to the side. When someone came to get them I blasted them with a shotgun. Of course this alerted a ton of zombies who I disposed of but when the guys buddy came around the corner i ran outta ammo. There was so much loot in that room, and luckily my buddy happened to sneak up on the other guy while he was looting my stuff (and his buddies stuff) and he smashed him and now we have ALL the stuff lol

Game is alright. I like it more than DayZ. Far better inventory system.

Unfortunately, the game is plagued with cheaters. Avoid 100 person servers and don't play hardcore mode on WarZ and you may have a decent time.

[quote name='Calipso']Game is alright. I like it more than DayZ. Far better inventory system.

Unfortunately, the game is plagued with cheaters. Avoid 100 person servers and don't play hardcore mode on WarZ and you may have a decent time.[/QUOTE]

haha, I avoid the 100 person servers like the plague. The map just isnt big enough yet, and everyone shoots on site. Supposedly California is supposed to come out sometime soon I think and its supposed to be like 4x the size (but with these guys who really knows)

However on the lower populated servers, like between 8-20 people its really fun, especially if you have a friend, or few with you. There are quite a few buildings that hold some really high level gear and weapons so its usually pretty tense in those areas listening to footsteps and trying to make sure you dont get killed.

There was also a moment the other day for my friend and I that seemed straight out of Walking Dead. We were in Campos city inside of a pretty tall building and someone started shooting at us. We were able to pick him off, but we had a shitload of gear on us so we knew we had to try to get out of there and to the Goblin safe zone. We sprinted out of the building and dodged through the streets while picking zombies off selectively as we cleared our path to a broken wall leading outside of the city. The way it played out with us both in a full sprint then shooting zombies around each other to clear the path while balancing how many shots we take (ammo is scarce and shots bring more zombies) was one of the cooler moments I've had in gaming this year.

my biggest complaint is the lack of vehicles, whether it be a bike, car, Liger, humvee, ATV, scooter I dont care, I just want faster travel

bread's done
Back