The Welcome back Jimmiemac OTT; it still will suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume she was trying to push a Game Informer subscription on me.

Inception was really good.

The only thing that surprised/slightly disappointed me was that it wasn't nearly the mindfuck that I was expecting. It was really easy to follow, but in a really entertaining way.

I wanna know the location of that Gamestop so I can prank call em.

@Ugamer_X: Glad on Inception though, I was hoping it was good.

1.1265520249.1_am.jpg

[quote name='guinaevere']I just did a search and found 2shared. Seems simple enough. Y'all can listen to how awesome I am according to this guy.

The timestamp on the machine is off. It wasn't a sunday, it was a wednesday. And yes, my first name is Jenny for those of you who don't know. Guinaevere is my middle name.

[/QUOTE]

Not simple enough for me. I tried clicking a bunch of links at that link and all they led to were ads. Where the hell am I supposed to click so I can listen to this insanity?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Not simple enough for me. I tried clicking a bunch of links at that link and all they led to were ads. Where the hell am I supposed to click so I can listen to this insanity?[/QUOTE]

Under "File URL", it says "Save File to PC"

[quote name='TheRock88']Under "File URL", it says "Save File to PC"[/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir.

Holy shit that is fucking creepy as hell. I would definitely report him to GS corporate.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']What are you using this for again?[/QUOTE]
TV, Video games, computer monitor. So, everything. And I'm living in a 12.5'x8' room.

And of course when I finally thought to myself, okay, the Vizio TV doesn't list any specs so I'll just go with the LG LED, the one review says it sucks for using as a computer monitor. ;_;

[quote name='Rocko']TV, Video games, computer monitor. So, everything. And I'm living in a 12.5'x8' room.

And of course when I finally thought to myself, okay, the Vizio TV doesn't list any specs so I'll just go with the LG LED, the one review says it sucks for using as a computer monitor. ;_;[/QUOTE]

I'd get the Vizio then.

Is it not sort of worrisome that there's no info on there about ports or anything? I can't even find that model on Vizio's site.

Ports are pretty basic at this point no matter what TV you buy. It'll have HDMI, it'll have RCA, probably S-Video and all the rest. Nobody would release a 1080p LED TV with limited inputs. I think you're safe.

You could always call Vizio and ask them about it...

Hm, I didn't consider that. I will call them on Monday. Assuming it's actually 1080p (the one review says it's 720p? I can't imagine Amazon would make that mistake) and has enough ports I'll go for it. Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it.

[quote name='flowery']Yes. I am putting it in my Top 10 of All-Time.[/QUOTE]Awesome. I think my brother and I will see that this week.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Please, please send this into Consumerist.[/QUOTE]Don't know who that is, but I'm not doing anything. Cyric (manager in town) wanted to hear it because I told him about it. He sent it to his DM earlier who sent it to Colins (that was his name on the receipt) DM, RM and Gamestop Human Resources.

[quote name='Brak']If I knew you in real life, I'd go in there and punch him in the mouth for that.[/QUOTE]I love you Brak. Cyric was concerned about the company getting in trouble. (not concerned that this guy looked up my info and left a message on my machine.) His feeling is that this guy probably "calls every girl that walks in that store." So I'm no more special than 'every girl.' I can't tell you how much that hurt me.

[quote name='Brak']I would think it was creepy, and assume there was an ulterior motive.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to call and leave a message for you about how awesome your body is.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I wanna know the location of that Gamestop so I can prank call em.[/QUOTE]
It was the older Newnan, GA store.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Holy shit that is fucking creepy as hell. I would definitely report him to GS corporate.[/QUOTE]The scary thing is, there are so many flippin' players down in atlanta, that I've gotten used to some really inappropriate comments being made to me. His message was so tame compared to that, and he seemed nice in the store. Of course, the fact that he looked up my account to leave the message... yeah, that's creepy.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm, I didn't consider that. I will call them on Monday. Assuming it's actually 1080p (the one review says it's 720p? I can't imagine Amazon would make that mistake) and has enough ports I'll go for it. Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Amazon review? He was referring to other TVs that are 720p.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Don't know who that is, but I'm not doing anything. Cyric (manager in town) wanted to hear it because I told him about it. He sent it to his DM earlier who sent it to Colins (that was his name on the receipt) DM, RM and Gamestop Human Resources.

[/QUOTE]

Freakin' tattle tale.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Are you talking about the Amazon review? He was referring to other TVs that are 720p.[/QUOTE]
Man, I read that review like 3 or 4 times and misinterpreted that part every time. :/

LG = Goldstar

They renamed the company years back because everyone associated that brand name with bottom of the barrel products.

Well, there's something to be said for brand loyalty. Have you gone to best buy or fry's to look at the models in action?

Is that all she does? I watched about fifteen seconds and decided not to let youtube take any more of my life tonight.

Any TVs at retail locations seem to be set on CONTRAST BRIGHTNESS MAX POWER.

And the point is the song from Basshunter, the video is just from the dude who uploaded it to Youtube.

That's way annoying (the contrast, not the song). Pick up the remote and mess around with them to where you get a good idea of what the picture looks like under your standards.

I had been researching and waiting on a good price for years. When I had the models I was considering, I spent a good amount of time at a few different retailers checking those models (some had crummy feeds, so it was near impossible to tell if the picture was any good. This is why I went to different retailers). The size and quality of the screen would have been over $4000 years ago, but last black friday I ordered it for $1k even with free delivery and no tax. To some people, $1000 isn't a huge investment, but for me it is. I made sure I was getting a tv with features and a remote, picture and a price I would be happy about for years to come.

Rocko have you looked at the Samsung p2570HD? I picked it up from Costco for our MBR with plans on eventually moving it into my office. It looks and works fantastic with :br:'s and HD OTA and cable. It also makes for a fantastic PC monitor, I've used it with my laptop via HDMI and DVI.

The only draw back is there is very little adjustment available with the stand and OTA SD broadcast look weak.

1) Gwen, your story is discusting. The dude is a creep, and Gamestop needs to have something happen to them if the rgister monkeys can do that easily.

2) Did Jimmie come back, and now it's gone?

Don't know who that is, but I'm not doing anything. [/QUOTE]

www.consumerist.com

Write up the story and send the .mp3 link, NOW!!!

Cyric was concerned about the company getting in trouble. (not concerned that this guy looked up my info and left a message on my machine.)
[/QUOTE]

Which is why you need to forward this to Consumerist and give GS a black eye.

[quote name='manthing']

www.consumerist.com

Write up the story and send the .mp3 link, NOW!!!

Which is why you need to forward this to Consumerist and give GS a black eye.[/QUOTE]
If she doesn't do it, I'll pretend to be her and send it in. I have all the pertinent information at this point.

Gah, that's so tempting but I think 32 might be too big- I'm living in a 12.5'x8' dorm room.

Yes, I am using it as a computer monitor since I won't really have room to comfortably bring a monitor and an HDTV.

[quote name='guinaevere']I just did a search and found 2shared. Seems simple enough. Y'all can listen to how awesome I am according to this guy.

The timestamp on the machine is off. It wasn't a sunday, it was a wednesday. And yes, my first name is Jenny for those of you who don't know. Guinaevere is my middle name.

[/QUOTE]

HAHA, what a tool!

Here's a sample picture of my room, with provided furnishings:

lakeside3.jpg

I guess I could potentially have both a monitor and a TV. Stick the TV on the little dresser thing and a monitor on the desk. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rocko']Here's a sample picture of my room, with provided furnishings:

lakeside3.jpg

I guess I could potentially have both a monitor and a TV. Stick the TV on the little dresser thing and a monitor on the desk. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Stick to one. You'll need all the space you can get for empty beer bottles during your wild times at univerisity.

fuck it, bought the refurb Samsung since it's cheaper than anything else I was looking at and it'll be good for the computer too. Too bad I didn't look harder when you posted. :lol:

When you get that TV call Samsung and see how much is left on the warranty. Some refurbs still have a fair amount of time left on them.

Go fuck yourself Blizzard. They sent me an email this morning saying I got into the Starcraft 2 beta only to find out it ends tomorrow. :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back