The Where Is mykevermin Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best line from the Mattel panel was Foley commenting on Virgil, saying "in case anyone was worried, Virgil is here. He's been known to use high pressure tactics, so if he calls you over and asks your name, he's probably writing an autograph already and you will be expected to pay for it. Act accordingly."

Miz and Ziggler also spent most of the panel making fun of Be A Star. Lots of jokes about bullying and that it's okay to bully if they deserve it. Ziggler said Miz is a fatty, and Miz responded that he had bigger boobs than Ziggler's ex-girlfriend.

Looks like TNA released Bruce Prichard & D'lo Brown now. Prichard was due to refusing for a pay cut, along with how he ran talent(contracts expiring w/o resigning, resigning contracts so close to expiring ones). D'lo's cut was due just to cutting costs.

Also, they're debuting a new X-Division title tonight, which this is what it looks like(looks like crap to me). Kinda reminds me of the WWE IC title, before they went back to the classic design, with a X slapped in the middle.

791700516.jpg

The best line from the Mattel panel was Foley commenting on Virgil, saying "in case anyone was worried, Virgil is here. He's been known to use high pressure tactics, so if he calls you over and asks your name, he's probably writing an autograph already and you will be expected to pay for it. Act accordingly."
Sadly, Foley probably nailed it on the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, maybe I am not with it tonight, but I can not seem to understand the point in this one.
It's because of how slowly Orton walks to the ring.

Also in regards to TNA's releases yesterday all that was reported at the time was they were released but nothing beyond that. Thanks for posting further info on what happened. Honestly to me it really seems like these cuts are a sign of desperation on TNA's part. Especially given how much they (and/or Spike) is paying for Rampage Jackson, fewer PPVs, doing live Impacts, etc. At this point given how few women they have on the roster it's a matter of time before they drop the Knockouts entirely... or they simply get a few women from the indies to keep it barely alive.

The wrestling for the most part was fun. But the Main Event Mafia vs Aces & Eights stuff was so god damn silly I was laughing at its absurdity. Especially at Angle getting kidnapped only to reappear on the show like nothing happened a few segments later. Or just how the Mafia got out of the room they were locked in - again no explanation and not even a mention of it after the segment by Tenay/Borash. It's like as if TNA now is going out of their way to make this entire angle absolutely silly. Not that it's saying much but still.

The wrestling for the most part was fun. But the Main Event Mafia vs Aces & Eights stuff was so god damn silly I was laughing at its absurdity. Especially at Angle getting kidnapped only to reappear on the show like nothing happened a few segments later. Or just how the Mafia got out of the room they were locked in - again no explanation and not even a mention of it after the segment by Tenay/Borash. It's like as if TNA now is going out of their way to make this entire angle absolutely silly. Not that it's saying much but still.
The Mafia as a whole makes me laugh at the entire thing. I can't take it seriously.

The Angle stuff just adds to the "wow, this is fucking ridiculous" factor.

Glad Sabin won, but I'm sure it won't last long.

Take Zeb and Swagger out of the equation and I would watch the crap out of a Dolph-Cesaro showcase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CHhOSd7Pwgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QIeqSLHhFQg&list=UUOp8wkVqdrWbFYHjDv946QQ

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfqetBDKF9E[/youtube]

I can't wait for you guys to see the 2 out of 3 falls Cesaro/Zayn match that's going to air on NXT in like a month. The talent shown was insane, and it's a damn shame it wasn't on RAW where it belongs. (Hell, it was more than PPV worthy.)

Why Cesaro didn't win MITB, I have no clue.

You can vote for which card will make up the Bound for Glory series matches. I'm personally rooting for card #2. Aries vs. Styles sounds like it would be fantastic! + Joe vs. Hardy?! I'll tune in.

Card #1 
Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson 
Magnus vs. Samoa Joe 
AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode 
Joseph Park vs. Hernandez 
Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels 
Frankie Kazarian vs. Jay Bradley

Card #2 
Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles 
Mr. Anderson vs. Magnus 
Christopher Daniels vs. Frankie Kazarian 
Bobby Roode vs. Hernandez 
Joseph Park vs. Jay Bradley 
Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy

Card #3 
Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries 
Jeff Hardy vs. Hernandez 
Jay Bradley vs. Bobby Roode 
Magnus vs. Frankie Kazarian 
Mr. Anderson vs. Joseph Park 
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/4877-YOU-ARE-IN-CONTROL-BFGSeriesFanVote-Vote-for-the-BFG-Series-Matches-YOU-Want

The TNA live event in Cape Girardeau, Missouri started last night with a TNA agent coming out and announcing that Chris Sabin, Garett Bischoff, Jay Bradley, Wes Brisco, Gail Kim and Miss Tessmacher would not be allowed to compete by the Missouri Athletic Commission because they did not have licenses to wrestle.

Around 500 fans were in attendance for the 90 minute show. The card featured just 5 matches and 3 of those 5 featured the same four wrestlers. Quick results look like this:

* Bully Ray beat James Storm
* Devon beat Gunner
* Samoa Joe beat Bobby Roode
* Gunner and James Storm beat Ray and Devon
* Jeff Hardy beat Kurt Angle

TNA officials tried to make up for the problems by inviting all fans backstage after the show to meet wrestlers for free. However, Jeff Hardy charged $20 for a photo and fans could not get his autograph. This led to some of the people that paid $65 for VIP tickets.
When they write the book on the death of TNA, I hope they include a chapter on this night.

That is some amateur hour bullshit by TNA. Reading that, you would be hard pressed to believe this is the supposed #2 behind WWE.

Wrestlezonereports that Kassius Ohno (ChrisHero) has been removed from the last two NXT tapings and his current push was stopped by WWE executive Triple H.

The reason is that he has been hesitant during weight training sessions while WWE management has asked him several times toworkon his physique while they prepare a story for his main roster debut. When Triple H found out about his "lack of dedication" to cutting weight, he was removed from TV and plans to bring him to the main roster were put on hold.
Read more athttp://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/291446#wkYZRS0gZ8HSt4U7.99

Wrestlezonereports that Kassius Ohno (ChrisHero) has been removed from the last two NXT tapings and his current push was stopped by WWE executive Triple H.

The reason is that he has been hesitant during weight training sessions while WWE management has asked him several times toworkon his physique while they prepare a story for his main roster debut. When Triple H found out about his "lack of dedication" to cutting weight, he was removed from TV and plans to bring him to the main roster were put on hold.
Read more athttp://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/291446#wkYZRS0gZ8HSt4U7.99
So basically:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs[/youtube]

That is some amateur hour bullshit by TNA. Reading that, you would be hard pressed to believe this is the supposed #2 behind WWE.
According to Zach Arnold/FightOpinion/Modern-day Melzer, New Japan is the #2 promotion worldwide.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/exclusive-articles/with-tna-collapsing-time-for-spike-to-cut-a-deal-with-new-japan/

I read that Spike signed GLORY to multi-year deal. Maybe he's right in that Spike should quit investing into a dead idea and try something new with New Japan. After 11 years, it's obvious that TNA has most likely reached its height. Devitt mentioned on Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast that they have been slowly transitioning to include more storylines. Seems like everything would fall into place.

And I dunno about you guys, but I would love puro to be more accessible. More Devitt and Nakamura? Yes please.

When they write the book on the death of TNA, I hope they include a chapter on this night.
Damn... I was actually thinking about going to the house show in Cape... I would be so pissed if I drove one and a half hours to see that happen. They're supposed to be in St Louis in September, so they better have their stuff together with the .State of Missouri by then!

It's funny, TNA thinks that leaving Orlando tapings will lead to increased exposure and revenue, and are met with the opposite.

WWE puts all of it's NXT eggs in one basket in Orlando, and finds increased success to the point where it seems they may outgrow Full Sail at some point.

Would you leave the comparatively low costs of the Impact Zone if you didn't think leaving it would increase exposure and business?  

From the press release:

TNA president Dixie Carter stated: "This is a tremendous step forward for TNA. Fans from around the world have been coming to us at Universal for more than 8 years to be a part of the Impact Wrestling audience. It's now time for us to take the Impact Wrestling television cameras to them. 

"This is a very important next evolution for the company, and I'm excited that the backdrop to the show will feature our great fans in larger arenas around the country and world. We are so grateful to Universal for being such fantastic partners and look forward to finding other ways to work together in the future." 

If the reports that they only got 500 fans to show up at the Show Me Center are true, then that's a really bad. They had packages where they sold tickets for $10 and the stadium fits 7000. Cape is a college town, so maybe they just really screwed up by not doing it during the school year.

I did go to the Lockdown PPV in 2007 which was at the Family Arena in St Louis and it the stadium was only half full (the Family Arena is about twice the size as the Show Me Center). A local MMA promotion that does 2 fights a year filled the Family Arena this past Saturday. I know they gave away a lot of tickets, but at least they were able to have all of their fights the same day TNA couldn't get their wrestlers cleared to compete. 

It's going to be really interesting to see if TNA is going to be able to fill the Chaifitz Arena when they are in St Louis. It's close to the exact same size as the Family Arena, but it's a lot newer, a lot nicer, in the heart of the metro area, on the campus of St Louis University and right across the street from Harris Stowe University. There's no reason why they can't have a good night.

No, I don't have hard evidence on my first statement. I haven't had time to head to the library and look through microfilm- sorry about that. 

What I will say that I have made the assumption that with the lower attendance numbers and all of these reports that talent isn't being paid, that things aren't going as well as they may have hoped.

That's better.  Just don't be surprised when making a statement as fact with no confirmation that someone might call you on it.  This happens far more often than it should in regards to wrestling since too many people treat dirt sheets as gospel.

That's better. Just don't be surprised when making a statement as fact with no confirmation that someone might call you on it. This happens far more often than it should in regards to wrestling since too many people treat dirt sheets as gospel.
Yes, sir.

Apparently Bruce Prichard was the one in charge of making sure talent was licensed in different states. I guess after they let him go, no one bothered to check to make sure about the licensing issues was up to date.

Hopefully they get someone to fill that position before their next TV taping next week. Otherwise we'll be seeing 2-3 matches & probably an hour of promos.

If the financial trouble speculation is true, I think it's crazy that TNA management still wants to take the show on the road. It's like moving across country without any money. Seems a bit suicidal.

We should all want TNA to succeed. Like with any industry, it's best for the consumer when there is competition. We need a solid competitor to WWE-almart.

Would you leave the comparatively low costs of the Impact Zone if you didn't think leaving it would increase exposure and business?

From the press release:

TNA president Dixie Carter stated: "This is a tremendous step forward for TNA. Fans from around the world have been coming to us at Universal for more than 8 years to be a part of the Impact Wrestling audience. It's now time for us to take the Impact Wrestling television cameras to them. [/size]
"This is a very important next evolution for the company, and I'm excited that the backdrop to the show will feature our great fans in larger arenas around the country and world. We are so grateful to Universal for being such fantastic partners and look forward to finding other ways to work together in the future." [/size]

Very true.  At times there seems to be a lot of WWE fanboyism which has never made any sense to me.  Even as a kid I realized that it's better to have (at least) two strong competitors regardless of what field it's in.  Competition breeds innovation.

That's the thing though, TNA isn't that strong competitor that it should be. Growing up, I was a WCW kid if anything- and so were all of my friends. TNA has everything to be that WCW like promotion, but I keep trying to get into it, and it doesn't happen. I just can't seem to get involved.

We should all want TNA to succeed. Like with any industry, it's best for the consumer when there is competition. We need a solid competitor to WWE-almart.
Definitely, WCW and WWF were both at their height during Monday Night Wars. I'd love to see TNA take off so WWE has to really start trying again.

Was there a surprise Mark Henry face turn I missed? He went from evil heel who swerved the fans to beat up Cena to righteous guy defending the Usos. Is his new gimmick Midcard Muskateer where he'll come to the aid of anyone more than a mile from anything resembling a storyline? I can't wait for his new tag team partner Bo Dallas to return.

I don't know but I saw a screengrab that one of the Bella's nipples was a special guest star during the segment.

Its not that I have a WWE-bias or that I want to see TNA fail -- in fact, the reverse is true. I want to see TNA succeed. It's just that they keep fucking up time after time. Last year I was hyped after Aries won the title, watching impact week in and week out. Its always one bright spot, marred by some of the stupidest management decisions around. I just want them to get their shit together.

As good as that match was, I still say that the Cesaro/Zayn 2 out of 3 falls match will be the match of the year. 

Also:

Brie Bella's Nip Slip > Kaitlyn's Nip Slip

Isn't Raw on a tape delay?  How could the censors have missed that it's so seemingly blatant, albeit that is a screen grab so it'll definitely stand out more in that but still it certainly seems to stand out.

Its not that I have a WWE-bias or that I want to see TNA fail -- in fact, the reverse is true. I want to see TNA succeed. It's just that they keep fucking up time after time. Last year I was hyped after Aries won the title, watching impact week in and week out. Its always one bright spot, marred by some of the stupidest management decisions around. I just want them to get their shit together.
If they haven't gotten their shit together in 11 years, it's not going to happen. When you bring in management that has failed in other organizations, history is doomed to repeat itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back