The "Wii is sold out and it totally sucks because I don't have one" thread

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Not getting a Wii sucks! Me and my brother got up at 8:30 and went to 2 Targets, Best Buy, Toys -R- Us, Circuit City, Walmart, Gamestop.... basically everywhere.

The first Target we got to we saw a ton of people walking out with the system, so we were super pumped, but we found out we were literally seconds to late. It SUCKED.

"We have enough product to satisfy the demand that's anticipated,"
my ass, REGGIE!

Har har. Me too. The punk ass bitch at my local Sears told me that he had them in stock and ready to sell today and then when I got there today changed up his story. Tried to sell me a lot of other shit though. Would have gladly stood in line somewhere else but no dice. God hell as damnit.

I went out at 7AM to try and get one, but didn't. Eh, oh well, guess I'm not a hardcore enough gamer to camp out. Time to play Gears of War.

I think there will be literally hundreds of thousands of wiis rolling in every couple weeks or so, it won't be too tough to get one before christmas. Nintendo can't afford to miss an opportunity to get a foothold on the market.

I went to the Target I work at and got in line at about 6am. They came out and counted out 60 people in line and I was number 60. I was so lucky! Or so I thought, because when he came out to hand out the tickets, somehow he counted again and I ended up being 61. So I didn't get one. :(

Can't find one anywhere now.

Don't worry my friends from what I have read there will be another shipment of them coming into stores this week so you should be able to find one very soon. I forgot which thread but IO stated that EB/GS will getting more Wiis for Black Friday so others should be getting them too.

[quote name='bortle']I think there will be literally hundreds of thousands of wiis rolling in every couple weeks or so, it won't be too tough to get one before christmas. Nintendo can't afford to miss an opportunity to get a foothold on the market.[/quote]

We shall see, everyone on the board said it shouldn't be a problem getting one up till noon today, but supply/demand proved the people who said that wrong. I think it quite possibly will be just the same for the next couple of weeks until Wii's are saturated into the markets.

That fucking FYE didn't have Wii in stock. I have preordered and waited 30 mintues only to be told they don't have.

We went to Toys R Us, CC, BB, Target but all were gone already.

Signed.

FYE screwed me, I was 3rd on the list and they didn't have enough to fulfil!

Well atleast I have Gears of War...

But wtf is all these people who wanted one? I don't get it...

since 7:30 i hit up 4 targets, bb, cc, fye, , toys r us, sears, and micro center. i was pretty close at BB and toys r us, but the targets were all gone at 7 AM (gave out tickets). cc only had 12 wiis. fye had 5 only for preorders. sears had a sign saying "sold out of wiis" before they even opened. and microcenter had 7 with 7 ppl in line.

Yeah, I think all the people with their "inside info" that every store had more than enough to meet demand were full of shit. No place had any, all the Wal-Marts were sold out by 12:15. What pissed me off was 75% of the people in line were with 4 or 5 friends buying for eBay.

[quote name='6669']I got one, but I wont get it play it until Christmas :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Awww.

You can come to my house and play with my Wii.

Heh heh.

was number 22 and 23 in line at a walmart that had only 20 :( (was my girlfriend and me, no worries though we were just there for one).

I really wasnt TOO upset untill the obnozious bitch next to me looked at me and said shed sell her ticket to me right as the person handed her one. When I asked how much and she said 1,000 dollars I said and I quote "fuck you for ruining a childs christmas for your own profit, you are 45 years old you should have a job and not need to worry about taking advantage of children"

[quote name='OtakuZ']We shall see, everyone on the board said it shouldn't be a problem getting one up till noon today, but supply/demand proved the people who said that wrong. I think it quite possibly will be just the same for the next couple of weeks until Wii's are saturated into the markets.[/quote]

I think these are going to be a bitch to find, due to:

1. Affordability
2. Unbelievably good word of mouth
3. Nintendo is a name kids ask for

It is going to be hit and miss until after christmas i would bet. Yes stores will get them in, but they will be gone very quickly.

[quote name='schuerm26']I think these are going to be a bitch to find, due to:

1. Affordability
2. Unbelievably good word of mouth
3. Nintendo is a name kids ask for

It is going to be hit and miss until after christmas i would bet. Yes stores will get them in, but they will be gone very quickly.[/quote]Unless the Wii takes off sooner than anyone could imagine (like immediately) ,I don't think it will be that hard to find them before Christmas. Assuming they can keep regular shipments and get 2 million or more out in the US by that time, that's a whole lotta fanboys.

Unfortunately, without knowing how many were out at launch, it's hard to say how many will be required to satisfy continuing demand.

I went to Target, Bestbuy, and Walmart. All were sold out. Now I need to find out when the next shipments are coming in. Me=Dissapointed:cry:

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Theres plenty around here[/quote] Where at in NH? Driving 4 hours to get my Wii on is not something I am completely against.

count me in! i didn't want to fight the crowds... bestbuy, cc, target were filled with people. so i came up empty.

i've still got tons of ds games to go through!

[quote name='comapro']ssears had a sign saying "sold out of wiis" before they even opened.[/quote]

Yeah! fuck Sears!

I rather stupidly didn't get to circuit city until 10:30 so I couldn't get one there. I was on my way across town to another circuit city when I stopped at a sears along the way. They were closed but had a sign up saying "We only have 2 wii's, we will be giving out raffle tickets for them until 11am." Since it was almost 11 at that point, I figured I'd give it a shot. And guess what? No fucking raffle tickets. They opened the gate at 11 and we rushed to the video game section where we found that they were already sold. Poop on you Sears.

I got there at Microcenter after ordering it online for pickup and there were only about 15 people ahead of me, maybe 20. Unfortunately, they had only TWELVE units. I was kinda pissed off... and then I tried the kiosk where the Wii was and I have to say I am glad I didn't buy one. I played Dragon Balls and the graphics are terrible. Sorry to rag on this on a Wii forum, it didn't help the game was definitely not my style and I'm sure the wand is fun, but jeez.

[quote name='botticus']Unless the Wii takes off sooner than anyone could imagine (like immediately) ,I don't think it will be that hard to find them before Christmas. Assuming they can keep regular shipments and get 2 million or more out in the US by that time, that's a whole lotta fanboys.
[/quote]

Be that as it may, I want mine now.

Geez, I didnt expect the turnout to be so big.

Every place I went to I was off by 2-5 people and it sucked.

Rumor has it that BestBuy will be getting more Wii's on Black Friday.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']I got there at Microcenter after ordering it online for pickup and there were only about 15 people ahead of me, maybe 20. Unfortunately, they had only TWELVE units. I was kinda pissed off... and then I tried the kiosk where the Wii was and I have to say I am glad I didn't buy one. I played Dragon Balls and the graphics are terrible. Sorry to rag on this on a Wii forum, it didn't help the game was definitely not my style and I'm sure the wand is fun, but jeez.[/QUOTE]

Don't get so excited this is what Nintendo was counting on. Throttle the supply low for launch and create artificial rarity. Then flood the market on black friday. Remember ibm said they were way ahead of schedule on production and no sales records were declared today so 4 million units were NOT sold.

Went to Kmart, Target, Sears, Walmart Toys R Us and nadda, always missed getting one by a few minutes, which got old real fast.

Sold out. Everywhere within 100 miles of DFW Dallas Texas area.

I dont have one. Saveges. I waited and drove and called.

To all the haters. 8 of the places I went to had 150+. They were really surprised that they sold out so quickly.

I hate everyon whos playing Zelda Today because I can't.

Im not getting one at launch, going to wait for some sales or deals. Ill go check around some stores see if I can see any, maybe a kiosk. Maybe a ps3 kiosk. Anything, my 360 is dead, and so is my friends, I NEED SOME NEXT GEN.

how hard will it be to find Zelda?
I didn't score a Wii, yet (too lazy), but will probably get one in next week's shipment.
I remember how annoying it was to get the Ocarina of Time (ages ago), so I'm thinking of getting Twilight today and holding onto it until I get the Wii.

The one thing that really pissed me off this morning was standing in line around 8am and three times the person in front of me got the last Wii. I swear I bet no one has this kind of luck. The thing that bugged me the most was at Best Buy where the kid in front of me said, "I had the Wii preordered at Gamestop and Circuit City. I don't really care if I get one here or not, I'm just buying this one to sell on ebay." I just stood there and had to restrain myself from yelling "WHY THE fuck ARE YOU STANDING HERE THEN?!!! YOUR ALREADY NOT GOING TO LOSE A fuckING DIME BECAUSE YOUR GOING TO SELL ONE OF YOUR PREORDERS. GIVE SOMEONE ELSE THE fuckING TICKET MAYBE THE PERSON AFTER YOU IN LINE WHO IS ACTUALLY GOING TO PLAY THE fuckING SYSTEM!!!!"

I agree. I can't put into words how angry I am that people who aren't gamers bought a Wii to sell or just to have it for the novelty. It's so horrible. Wii's and all the controllers were sold out everywhere within a 50-100 mile radius of where I live in Dallas, TX.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Don't get so excited this is what Nintendo was counting on. Throttle the supply low for launch and create artificial rarity. Then flood the market on black friday. Remember ibm said they were way ahead of schedule on production and no sales records were declared today so 4 million units were NOT sold.[/quote]Their plan was 4 million worldwide by the end of the year. Even if they're ahead of schedule, I doubt they would have more than a million ready for launch in the US.

What these retailers aren't telling you is that most them did have enough for demand but because of their Black Friday flyers they are keeping them in the warehouse to get people in their stores since the holiday buying season for retailers isn't looking as hot his year. Don't blame Nintendo for greedy corporate America.

I called a Best Buy where I used to work and they still have 50 in the back.

I wish Nintendo would "make" them sell their inventory.

[quote name='fenderhutz']What these retailers aren't telling you is that most them did have enough for demand but because of their Black Friday flyers they are keeping them in the warehouse to get people in their stores since the holiday buying season for retailers isn't looking as hot his year. Don't blame Nintendo for greedy corporate America.

I called a Best Buy where I used to work and they still have 50 in the back.

I wish Nintendo would ''make'' them sell their inventory.[/quote] Here we go!

Once again, 8 of the places I went to had 150+. They were really surprised that they sold out so quickly.

So not all places did that. I'm curious about those launch numbers for units sold. I think Nintendo has a good chance of Taking hardware sales for November here in America. Unless of course the DS maintains its #1 position or 360 sales finally surge it to #1.

Nintendo will not be very pleased if stock was held back. They're already planning on having every retailer restocked by Black Friday, so for stores to take it upon themselves to limit launch sales would probably not make the Big N too happy.

it's a sunday... there's so many people off and don't have to work, that to stand in line before store opening would be different than if this was say... monday morning.

Now I'm really glad I preordered from Amazon, even if I don't get it til tomorrow or Tuesday. Everywhere I went today was sold out and sold out of nunchuks, best buy and target did have the remotes though, so all isn't lost.

They did it with the 360 as well when it launched (holding inventory for sales) . I witnessed that myself.

Best Buy corporate didn't give the OK, with the 360 anyway it was the cowboy district managers trying to make their sales look better than the other stores.

I was out all morning. I went to 12 Targets. 5 different Circuit Citys and Bestbuys. 10 different Toys R us's and Walmarts. etc... etc... All around Plano and the surrounding towns and downtown dallas.

I honestly forget. 3 of them were from the stores in Downtown Dallas area. Another was some Toys R us. I forget the rest.

nintendo dident hold back stock i dont think, its the companies waiting for black friday. If people go in for the wii, they go in and buy more stuff too. I waited in line for 11 or so hours. Everything was telling me that this was going to be BIG. I did get one, Im sorry for those who dident. I will be playing mine and i wont sell it on ebay.

I'm sure some places didn't sell out. I hope stock gets redistributed from the small towns and other places where they didn't sell out and I'm able to get it before Black Friday but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I want to play Zelda. Thats all I can think about. And thats really bad with my midterms is college coming up this week.

I'll get one though even if I have to camp out on black friday. But Black friday is so busy anyway because of the deals. It's going to be HELL. Man this sucks.

[quote name='White-Wolf']nintendo dident hold back stock i dont think, its the companies waiting for black friday. If people go in for the wii, they go in and buy more stuff too. I waited in line for 11 or so hours. Everything was telling me that this was going to be BIG. I did get one, Im sorry for those who dident. I will be playing mine and i wont sell it on ebay.[/quote]

That doesn't make sense. Why would they hold them out for Black Friday? You are going to have TONS of people in your store anyways which leads to them buying other stuff. You don't need these systems to drive people into your stores on Black Friday.

bread's done
Back