The "Wii is sold out and it totally sucks because I don't have one" thread

[quote name='lilboo']10 minutes?! Oh man. You put MY 12 hours in line waiting for a Wii last Saturday to shame.

But maybe that's why I've been playing it for a week now..[/QUOTE]
But... that was at launch. I'm not stupid enough to chill with a launch crowd... just shopping crazed old women who I can easily break.

And besides that.. I though Nintendo was the one who was gonna do this right and have enough consoles?

WOOHOOO Just picked up my wii from Toys R Us. Seems they were fulfilling rainchecks from launch and I went to the counter and showed them my raincheck and they immediately brought out a wii. I am finally able to play one.

Good luck to everyone else finding one sunday or tomorrow.

[quote name='Mex25']WOOHOOO Just picked up my wii from Toys R Us. Seems they were fulfilling rainchecks from launch and I went to the counter and showed them my raincheck and they immediately brought out a wii. I am finally able to play one.

Good luck to everyone else finding one sunday or tomorrow.[/quote] This totally sucks. Everyone seems to be finding one but everywhere I call says they don't have any and have no clue about their next shipment. I won't be able to camp at BB on Sunday because I go to my dad's house on the weekends and there isn't a BB where he lives so I have no clue when I'll be able to find one.

[quote name='crystalklear64']But... that was at launch. I'm not stupid enough to chill with a launch crowd... just shopping crazed old women who I can easily break.

And besides that.. I though Nintendo was the one who was gonna do this right and have enough consoles?[/QUOTE]

They did. At launch.
It's only been a week tomorrow. We are expected to have WEEKLY shipments. So besides launch and today (Black Friday) there may be more this weekend.. then next weekend..then the weekend after that.. etc

BTW, what do you mean your not stupid enough to chill with a launch crowd??

[quote name='mrchainsaw']You aren't helping to ease my pain.[/quote]

Sorry, but after checking 15 stores within 60 miles last Sunday and checking four retail stores within 20 miles of each other every day, I have to brag.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry, but after checking 15 stores within 60 miles last Sunday and checking four retail stores within 20 miles of each other every day, I have to brag.[/quote] It's cool, I'd be excited if I landed one too. I just feel doomed to not get one until the hype is gone.

[quote name='fshaia']The number I used was (866) 742-6423 you will probably get a recording, but just keep hitting 0 and you will get someone eventually, the girl I ordered it from name was Cortney. I don't know if they have any at the moment but I'm sure they will have some soon[/QUOTE]
Anyone else have any luck with this?

[quote name='lilboo']BTW, what do you mean your not stupid enough to chill with a launch crowd??[/QUOTE]

Yeah... it was an arduous experience down here since the McDonald's didn't open early enough for me to snag a cup of coffee. It was pretty dang cold for SC, too, and I was running on a diet pepsi and cigarettes. :)

BUT! The launch crowd experience was really positive. Good sense of fellowship and good humor, at least for those of us in line early enough to score one. It made the 6+ hour wait go by quicker.

Now if only Nintendo would ship out a ton of nunchuks, I'd be in business. There are some friends of mine who need to step into the Wii Sports Boxing ring with Iron Scobie. :D

[quote name='lilboo']
BTW, what do you mean your not stupid enough to chill with a launch crowd??[/QUOTE]
Launch crowd has a different mentallity then the black friday crowd. They're craftier, they've probably done a little research, and are well prepared. The black friday crowd has some of those people in it too, but a lot of them are only armed with the need to shop. I like those odds better.

I've had Trauma Center and Zelda sitting on my table for 5 days now, waiting for me to play them. Still no Wii though!

[quote name='crystalklear64']Launch crowd has a different mentallity then the black friday crowd. They're craftier, they've probably done a little research, and are well prepared. The black friday crowd has some of those people in it too, but a lot of them are only armed with the need to shop. I like those odds better.[/QUOTE]

But any fan of zombie movies will tell you that it's not their craftiness but rather their sheer numbers that make them dangerous. Let your guard down for even a second and you'll get bitten.

hahah. Its alwayse the crafty zombies in re that got me though. You know the ones you thought were harmless then without knoticed dashed at you with a full on launge.... oh the pain. the sweet bitter pain.

itchy...
scratchy...
scratchy....

tasty....

Got one on Black Friday... Only had to camp out at 3 different stores, fortunately the first two stores had managers who came out early to tell the crowd how many Wiis they had.

Total wait: 5 hours at 30 degrees... Funny thing was I didnt actually play the Wii until late on Friday because I quite litteraly passed out after the wait.

Got one this morning at Best Buy. Went there at 6 AM so as not to chance it. I was 10th in line and they ended up having 63 systems -- but by 9:00 the line was 100 people long.

They only had two registers for the Wiis (we were rung up separate from the regular customers, at the service desk) and they only let people in 5 at a time. Those people in the back must've had to wait a long-ass time.

Still haven't hooked it up since I need to clean up around the house and stuff (and if I do Wii first, nothing will get done). But I'm really pleased.

bread's done
Back