The Wii VC Games Thread - (5/21 Donkey Kong Country2, Blazing Lazers, Streets Rage 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gizmogc']Unlike you, I have a job. You can check the last page and see at any time what new game(s) were added that day. Updating the OP as soon as it happens will not always happen so you are going to have to deal with that. I am not being paid for it in any way, much like all the other posters here on CAG who provide information and/or manage a thread like this one. If you want up to the second news, I suggest Kotaku where they ARE getting paid and do it as a full time job.[/quote]
I appreciate the updates when you can do them, all of us do. So I'm pretty sure he/she was just kidding around, there's no need to go on a huge rant about how you don't have time to update this and that. Just hand the thread over to someone else who does, it's just that simple.

[quote name='yukine']I appreciate the updates when you can do them, all of us do. So I'm pretty sure he/she was just kidding around, there's no need to go on a huge rant about how you don't have time to update this and that. Just hand the thread over to someone else who does, it's just that simple.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, no, I'm fine. Its like if the OP is not updated the games will never be released. I chose to wait this week on updating the OP since it seemed like Excite Bike slipped through the cracks last week. Even though I saw someone had posted it was released, it was not showing up on my Wii under 'New Releases'. I was hoping it was the same issue this week since only 1 game came out.

[quote name='gizmogc']Dear Nintendo,

Please release Super Mario RPG next week in anticipation of Super Paper Mario....please.[/quote]

I'd buy that.

[quote name='gizmogc']Dear Nintendo,

Please release Super Mario RPG next week in anticipation of Super Paper Mario....please.[/quote]

Dear Giz,

For Super Paper Mario's release we plan on releasing nothing but the BEST VC games that week. So look forward to...

Bible Adventures
Superman 64
and a downloadable cover photo for Hudson Hawk NES!

Were sorry that Super Mario RPG will not be released soon. But we promise we will be getting to it in the near future! (2012) Thank you for being patient.

-Nintendo

;)

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Dear Giz,

For Super Paper Mario's release we plan on releasing nothing but the BEST VC games that week. So look forward to...

Bible Adventures
Superman 64
and a downloadable cover photo for Hudson Hawk NES!

Were sorry that Super Mario RPG will not be released soon. But we promise we will be getting to it in the near future! (2012) Thank you for being patient.

-Nintendo

;)[/QUOTE]

Sad, but I can see this being true.

[quote name='daroga']Why do they not want my $18 for Pilotwings (SNES) and Star Fox 64?[/quote]

They don't care you already bought the wii and will be able to spend it when they are feeling pain the most :D

I have pilot wings on n64 if you want to buy that please click my trade list :D:D:D

[quote name='Cisco327']YES!!! I can't wait for Bible Adventures! It will be mine. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I have a hunch that games from Wisdom Tree/Color Dreams will not be making a VC showing.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV??? What in the...

Did NoA do a swap with MS and get the XBLA guys to update the VC this week? :)

[quote name='Scobie']Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV??? What in the...

Did NoA do a swap with MS and get the XBLA guys to update the VC this week? :)[/quote]No I think they figured they have too many games out and they must release one game so people buy more of the other games, rofl.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']No I think they figured they have too many games out and they must release one game so people buy more of the other games, rofl.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Remember, the new Quarter starts in April...maybe they are holding back titles until next week?

[quote name='botticus']European VC releases for tomorrow:

Punch-Out (NES)
[/quote]

games_punch-out__-mr_dream.gif

:roll:

Japanese VC releases for April:

NES
Elevator Action
Gradius 2
Milon’s Secret Castle
Ninja Gaiden
Punch-Out!!

SNES
Final Fight
Heracles no Eikou III
Kirby Bowl (Kirby’s Dream Course)

Nintendo 64
Star Fox 64

Genesis
Bahamut Senki
Pulseman
Puyo Puyo Tsuu
Rent a Hero

TG-16
Benkei Gaiden
Final Soldier
Shockman 2
Narazumono Sentou Butai: Bloody Wolf
Air Zonk
Bonk’s Revenge

http://gonintendo.com/?p=15339

Ninja Gaiden? HOT

Final Fight isn't so hot, the SNES one sucks, I am excited because this opens the door to Final Fight 2 and 3, which are very awesome games, espicially 3.

And I pray Sega releases Pulseman out over here, that game is very very awesome.

I hope Punch Out comes next week.

That looks like some good stuff for April. Now if I can just find a way to get my Wii on the internet I'll be in business.

[quote name='botticus']Japanese VC releases for April:

NES
Elevator Action
Gradius 2
Milon’s Secret Castle
Ninja Gaiden
Punch-Out!!

SNES
Final Fight
Heracles no Eikou III
Kirby Bowl (Kirby’s Dream Course)

Nintendo 64
Star Fox 64

Genesis
Bahamut Senki
Pulseman
Puyo Puyo Tsuu
Rent a Hero

TG-16
Benkei Gaiden
Final Soldier
Shockman 2
Narazumono Sentou Butai: Bloody Wolf
Air Zonk
Bonk’s Revenge

http://gonintendo.com/?p=15339[/quote]

Interesting list. I'll almost certainly pick up Star Fox 64, and of course I already have the N64 version. :lol: Maybe Ninja Gaiden, though I have Ninja Gaiden 2 for my NES already. And probably Punch-Out!! as well.

How was Kirby's Dream Course? I had Super Star on SNES and Adventure on NES. And since I never had a TG-16, none of those games stand out to me...any suggestions on those?

[size=+3]CONFIRMED FOR MONDAY!![/size]
Zombies Ate My Neighbores - 800 Points (Genesis)
Star Fox 64 - 1000 Points (N64)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 800 Points (SNES)

!!!!!!!

source: My imagination :(

sorry

:(

[quote name='lilboo']
source: My imagination :(

sorry

:([/quote]Good, cause I don't want the Genesis Zombies. Don't know what if any differences there were, but I'll take the SNES version just the same.

[quote name='botticus']Good, cause I don't want the Genesis Zombies. Don't know what if any differences there were, but I'll take the SNES version just the same.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Sega dosen't want third parties putting out Sega VC games, so it's going to be the SNES one.

I don't have a source, but it's pretty obvious at this point.

[quote name='botticus']Good, cause I don't want the Genesis Zombies. Don't know what if any differences there were, but I'll take the SNES version just the same.[/QUOTE]

I had the Gen version and my friend had the SNES..they were very very similiar.

[quote name='lilboo'][size=+3]CONFIRMED FOR MONDAY!![/size]
Zombies Ate My Neighbores - 800 Points (Genesis)
Star Fox 64 - 1000 Points (N64)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 800 Points (SNES)

[Lies][/QUOTE]

This is more upsetting than funny.

We are getting Bonk's Revenge and other TG soon, maybe for this Monday (it says next month, and the article is dated March 30).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2007/03/30/news_6168377.html

Does anyone know if Battle Lode Runner is any good? I loved the Famicom/NES Lode Runner (maybe it was Championship Lode Runner).

Here's the article:

Hudson Entertainment has updated its official Virtual Console Web site with news of four TurboGrafx-16 games set for release on the Wii's downloadable game service next month, and the lineup is headed up by Bonk's Revenge.

Bonk's away! Again!

The second installment in the character's TG-16 platformer trilogy is also the second Bonk game to arrive on the Virtual Console; the original Bonk's Adventure was available at the system's November 2006 launch. Neither Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure nor the shoot-'em-up spin-off Air Zonk have been announced for the Virtual Console.
Accompanying the hypercephalic caveman onto the system will be Namco Bandai Games' Bravoman and Hudson's own Shockman, both side-scrolling action games. Those desiring a slight change of pace can look forward to Battle Lode Runner, a puzzle-action take on the classic series.
Once released, all four games will be sold for 600 Wii points ($6).

LOL :(

Meh, 2 day pre-April Fool's Joke I suppose :p

Gotta say though, it really is more depressing then anything :( But wouldn't that be amazing to get a week with 3 releases all being just..amazing?!

[quote name='lilboo']LOL :(

Meh, 2 day pre-April Fool's Joke I suppose :p

Gotta say though, it really is more depressing then anything :( But wouldn't that be amazing to get a week with 3 releases all being just..amazing?![/quote]Christmas this year. I will bet we get 3 good games there. Either way I am not staying current on tech or gaming websites this weekend because of april fools.

has there been any indication that may megaman 1-3 might make it? i feel it's a long shot since capcom just loves milking that franchise, but then again, they've made at least some committment to the VC. anyone heard anything?

[quote name='catapult37']has there been any indication that may megaman 1-3 might make it? i feel it's a long shot since capcom just loves milking that franchise, but then again, they've made at least some committment to the VC. anyone heard anything?[/quote]Oh, I'm sure they'll be out at some point. Though I can see them releasing their collections for Wii/PS3/360 first, then once those have sold all they will, they pop up for download.

[quote name='catapult37']has there been any indication that may megaman 1-3 might make it? i feel it's a long shot since capcom just loves milking that franchise, but then again, they've made at least some committment to the VC. anyone heard anything?[/quote]
Not sure, but it would be pretty stupid to buy all three games for $5.00 bucks each, since you can get the Mega Man Collection for the PS2/Xbox/GC for around that price. Not to mention it includes more than the first 3 games.

[quote name='yukine']I wonder what we're getting tomorrow...[/quote]Apparently Dragon's Curse is confirmed (don't know by who or what the hell it is). I'm sure Punch-Out, TMNT or the usual suspects like Zelda II will show up finally.

[quote name='botticus']Apparently Dragon's Curse is confirmed (don't know by who or what the hell it is). [/QUOTE]

Dragon's Curse if the TG16 version of "Wonder Boy in Monster 3: The Dragon's Trap."

Think of it as a precursor to Symphony of the Night - you travel between castles, get new armor and swords, more life (hearts), etc etc. You can backtrack if you want as well. The big draw of the game was that you can transform into different creatures - so you have "Mouseman" form, "Hawkman" form, etc. These give you different abilities - Mouseman can walk on certain blocks (even upside down), Hawkman can fly, etc.

I was talking about the Wonder Boy series earlier in this thread (I think it was earlier in this thread), and this is one of the games I was talking about. The other, which is simply called "Wonder Boy in Monster World," is on the Genesis, and plays out similarly.

You can also think of it as a sort of Zelda II clone.

Anyway, I recommend them, and I will most certainly pick it up tomorrow. I would imagine you could get a good 10-12 hours out of it.

Here's a site with more information if you care to check it out. Be sure to check out page 2.

(And yea, I'm pretty sure that I talked about this earlier in this thread.)

Yeah, we talked Wonder Boy earlier - basis for Adventure Island. So it looks like Dragon's Curse went with different forms whereas Adventure Island (2 or 3?) went with the dinosaurs, which were awesome.

Well it's a totally different kind of game. The first Wonder Boy is a rip off Adventure Island - "get to the end of the stage" structure, maybe kill a boss here or there.

These have persistent worlds and dungeons and whatnot. I never kept up with Adventure Island, but I'm pretty sure they just refined the first basic idea and went with it.

[quote name='Strell']Well it's a totally different kind of game. The first Wonder Boy is a rip off Adventure Island - "get to the end of the stage" structure, maybe kill a boss here or there.

These have persistent worlds and dungeons and whatnot. I never kept up with Adventure Island, but I'm pretty sure they just refined the first basic idea and went with it.[/quote]Yeah, I see what you mean. You're right about AI, it was basically the same game, but they later gave you dinosaurs in addition to the basic stuff like skateboards, which had their own abilities.

[quote name='sullyj']Star Fox 64, TMNT, Dragon's Curse[/quote]

Star Fox 64 ?? Is this confirmed.
I'll deffo be in for that, best Star Fox game evar.

[quote name='benjamouth']Star Fox 64 ?? Is this confirmed.
I'll deffo be in for that, best Star Fox game evar.[/QUOTE]

I would be VERY surprised if Nintendo did Star Fox 64 with other games... didn't they also do Ocarina of Time on a week all by itself? I think Nintendo would leave it's $10 N64 games to be the only game that would drop on a given week.

I'm just hoping for Punch Out... I really want Punch Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back