The Wii VC Games Thread - (5/21 Donkey Kong Country2, Blazing Lazers, Streets Rage 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='-Never4ever-']You are the only person that has picked up a game on the VC for purposes other than nostalgia and actually like said game.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Splatterhouse from the VC and I had never owned one from the series. I found it worth the $6.

That being said, about half of my downloads are pure nostalgia, the other half are games I never tried. Of course my download total stands at 6.

[quote name='jza1218']Am I the only one who is hoping that Baseball Stars will make its way to the VC?[/quote]

Nope. I am also hoping for Base Wars.

Some upcoming Sega VC games:

Streets of Rage 2
ToeJam and Earl in Panic on Funkitron
Shining in the Darkness
Kid Chameleon

http://gonintendo.com/?p=16530

These are some solid releases. Panic on Funkitron is a great game. I played it when I was younger, but didn't realize how good it was until I replayed it on emulator a few years back.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Some upcoming Sega VC games:

Streets of Rage 2
Shining in the Darkness
Kid Chameleon

These are some solid releases. Panic on Funkitron is a great game. I played it when I was younger, but didn't realize how good it was until I replayed it on emulator a few years back.[/quote]

It has been so long, I don't even remember which Streets I liked best. Is Streets 2 the one where...

...you make it to the top of the building, meet the boss, and then he offers the two players to join him? If you both reject, you both fight him, but if one accepts and one rejects, you fight your partner.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Some upcoming Sega VC games:

Streets of Rage 2
Shining in the Darkness
Kid Chameleon

These are some solid releases. Panic on Funkitron is a great game. I played it when I was younger, but didn't realize how good it was until I replayed it on emulator a few years back.[/QUOTE]

This is semi old news... Sega is also releasing Shining Force as well in that batch of games. Also Golden Axe 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

[quote name='Roufuss']This is semi old news... Sega is also releasing Shining Force as well in that batch of games. Also Golden Axe 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.[/quote]Mmmm.... Sonic 2.

Yes, I know it's on the Sonic Collection. Yes, I know I could just buy that. Yes, I know that $8 is too much for that game. No, I don't care. I'll be buying that one day 1.

Classic controller & 480p Sonic 2? :drool:

i'm totally hooked on Punch-Out!! right now. It took me like 30 tried to figure out how to defeat the Bald Bull. Can't wait to fight Mike Ty....I mean Mr. Dream!

Just beat Star Fox 64. Gosh that is a solid game from start to finish. About the only thing that doesn't hold up these days are the horrific character models for the guys during the ending sequence. Ouch. ;)

I felt really old though when "1997 Nintendo" came on the screen. "Wait, this game is 10 years old already? We played this a lot in the dorm when it first came out....."

Reality's Fringe;2854057]Lawlz said:
Maybe I should clarify. I went to a college-prepatory highschool that has dorms, so I was a sophomore in high school when it came out.

I guess the old-as-dirt still stands though. ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']I was 10...hah, old man Daroga.[/quote]Ya bratty whipper-snappers! Have respect for your elders!

[quote name='daroga']Maybe I should clarify. I went to a college-prepatory highschool that has dorms, so I was a sophomore in high school when it came out.

I guess the old-as-dirt still stands though. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: By my standards, yes. I remember getting the N64 when it came out for my birthday and just talking non-stop about it at recess. I was such a fat little nerd....

Better days..... Not that whole fat thing, but the whole "I'm a kid and don't have to care" thing.

Aslo, when the hell is Contra coming? I want Contra and Super C DAMNIT!

[quote name='yukine']That signature is scary as fuck, RF.[/QUOTE]

That pic came from user Dwallow. It's of that GameLife Host who got arrested for making a death threat over a girl he had 3 dates with. Good times!

Yeah so I bought TMNT and Punch Out today. I never played Punch Out but TMNT is just as fucking hard as it was 10 yrs ago, I remember trying to get past the third lvl, only did like once. I want to beat TMNT, lol.

[quote name='gunm']Monday's Releases:

Wonderboy in Monster World (GEN)
Gradius III (SNES)
Battle LoadRunner (TG16)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah?
:(

[quote name='gunm']Monday's Releases:

Wonderboy in Monster World (GEN)
Gradius III (SNES)
Battle LoadRunner (TG16)[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, or just a guess? If confirmed, looks like my 6000 points are still safe. 8(

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;2855840 said:
Confirmed, or just a guess? If confirmed, looks like my 6000 points are still safe. 8(

RD

I am going to wager it's confirmed, or close to it, because 2 out of 3 of those games are slated for an April release.

Battle Lode Runner is confirmed by Hudson itself for April 23rd.

The week after will DEFINITELY be this:

Zelda 2
Vectorman
Shockman

As those are the rest of the April 2007 games as confirmed by Nintendo Power.

That list is compiled by people who have gotten into the Shop Channel via Mozilla Firefox and can then see what games have been added to the Shop Channel's database. Wonder Boy and Gradius III, I think, are two of the games already in the database and are therefore likely to be released tomorrow or soon, at least.

[quote name='daroga']Ya bratty whipper-snappers! Have respect for your elders![/quote]They'll rue the day when we're sitting on our porches waving our canes at them, emphatically.

I'm going to make a total guess on the fly, and go against everything for my prediction for Monday. Nothing is confirmed till I see it avaliable for download. ;)

Mach Rider - NES
Alien Storm - GEN
Legend Of The Mystical Ninja - SNES

( I can't wait for Toejam 2.

I'm excited for Battle Lode Runner. Definitely getting that one. And I would encourage anyone who wants other Japanese-only games brought to the U.S. to buy Battle Lode Runner also to show Nintendo (and all of the companies) that it is worth their time/effort/money to translate these and offer them for sale over here.

[quote name='botticus']They'll rue the day when we're sitting on our porches waving our canes at them, emphatically.[/quote]Now that will be the day. Found a good cane store in Cleveland? Maybe when I stop home for a visit I could pick one up.

April 23, 2007 - Admit it. Somewhere deep inside, you’ve always wanted to go for the gold, take down Monster World, and have people call you Vic Viper. How cool would that be? Well, pay a visit to the popular Wii™ video game system’s Wii Shop Channel, and all those fantasies can now come true.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

Gradius®III (SNES®, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points):
Return as the pilot of the Vic Viper starfighter to battle the onslaughts of the Bacterion Empire. Blast through 10 action-packed levels in space, destroying everything in your path. Customize and power up your ship with weapons and upgrades including speed-ups, missiles, lasers, options, and shields.

Wonder Boy™ in Monster World (Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points):
Monster World was a peaceful, happy place until one dark day when an army of BioMeka monsters invaded. As a young man named Shion, you’ve vowed to defeat the hostile foes and make the land peaceful again. You’ll attack enemies with swords and spears and guard against incoming projectiles with shields and armor. As you travel through the many different regions of Monster World, you’ll talk to the townspeople, collect money to buy items, and gather a large variety of weapons and magic. The further you venture, the more powerful your weapons and equipment, including suits of armor and boots, will become.

Battle Lode Runner® (TurboGrafx 16, 1-5players, 600 Wii Points):
This upgraded edition to the famous Lode Runner series includes a 5-player versus mode. Gold funds have been stolen from the Time Machine Research Center, and the group responsible used a time machine to escape and hide the gold throughout time. The center sends an elite team of “Runners” to go and retrieve the gold.

In addition to the familiar Puzzle mode, the game features Battle mode, where up to 5 players can compete, and Edit mode, where you can create your own original stages.

You can enjoy Battle mode in a number of different ways. Be the last one standing to win in Survival. Grab items from enemies and escape to win in Escape. With 4 players, you can separate into two teams to do battle in Tag Match.

Sigh.
Well I never played any of them..but they do sound interesting. Maybe nothing amazing..but, I REALLY wish I could try them out :(

[quote name='lilboo']Sigh.
Well I never played any of them..but they do sound interesting. Maybe nothing amazing..but, I REALLY wish I could try them out :([/quote]Wonder Boy is very similar to the original Adventure Island games, if you've played those.

[quote name='botticus']Wonder Boy is very similar to the original Adventure Island games, if you've played those.[/QUOTE]

Really?!? Damnit! I REALLY enjoyed them games!
..I haven't gotten around to picking up New Adventure Island yet though.

Hmm..well this is good news then. I may have to pick this up on a day in which I have nothing else to play! Thanks!

[quote name='botticus']Wonder Boy is very similar to the original Adventure Island games(like the older ones were), if you've played those.[/quote]
Actually, Wonderboy in Monsterworld isn't like Adventure Island at all. It's a sidescrolling action-RPG.

You kill enemies and get gold to upgrade weapons and armor, do quests, go through dungeons finding items, secrets, and fighting bosses. Towns..lots of different areas...puzzles...lots of good things.

It's actually a really good game. Similar to stuff like Zelda II, Ys III, and even Super Paper Mario.

[quote name='Dezuria']Actually, Wonderboy in Monsterworld isn't like Adventure Island at all. It's a sidescrolling action-RPG.

You kill enemies and get gold to upgrade weapons and armor, do quests, go through dungeons finding items, secrets, and fighting bosses. Towns..lots of different areas...puzzles...lots of good things.

It's actually a really good game. Similar to stuff like Zelda II, Ys III, and even Super Paper Mario.[/quote]Minus the RPG part, that is Adventure Island. The original Wonder Boy is the exact same game as Adventure Island, but the following Wonder Boy games went on a different path, which is where this game comes in. Art style and whatnot was the same. I was going to say it was an evolution of the Adventure Island games, but since those were a ripoff of the original Wonder Boy, it wasn't quite accurate.

[quote name='Roufuss']I guess next week will FINALLY be Zelda 2.[/quote]Which means then that the only console Zelda game not playable on the Wii at that point will be Majora's Mask? Yikes, they're pumping out some of these AAA titles much faster than I thought they would.

I've already gotten the two N64 games I cherished the most (SF64 and MK64) and finally played Mario 64 via the VC. Sometime soon I'm likely to succomb and actually buy and play OoT too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back