The Witcher - $10 (or $4) on GamersGate

mokmoof

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
A heads-up: GamersGate is doing another one of those "loyalty promos." The Witcher: Enhanced Directors Cut Edition is $10 for regular people, and then cheaper ($8, $6, or $4) for habitual customers. And yes, this is the version with boobies. Here's the link: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WITCHER/the-witcher-enhanced-edition-directors-cut

Personally, I'm not loyal enough to get the best discount. But in theory, the loyal people could gift copies to disloyal (but entirely trustworthy) folks, such as myself, in exchange for PayPal money or what have you.

Edit: So is anyone loyal enough to get the lowest price, and kind enough to share the wealth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a great game for $10. A long, adult oriented RPG that runs about 30-40 quality hours. If you have a PC that can run this and like RPG's, you can't go wrong with this game.

Awesome game. A steal at 10 dollars. Don't forget to get the many rebalancing and graphics mods available for this game. You can probably find links at moddb.com and thewitcher.com forums.

[quote name='thedragon']I always wished this had come out on 360 or PS3, dying to play it but my rig can't handle it :([/QUOTE]

Minimum requirements:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
* Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
* 1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
* 128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
* 8.5 GB available hard drive space
* DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
* DVD-Rom

Recommended requirements:

* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+
* 2 GB RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
* 8.5 GB available hard drive space
* DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
* DVD-Rom
You need to seriously upgrade your computer if you can't even run it at minimum.

[quote name='thedragon']I always wished this had come out on 360 or PS3, dying to play it but my rig can't handle it :([/QUOTE]

If your computer can't handle it, you need to seriously evaluate what you call a "rig".

Been looking for a box copy of the EE, it comes with some bonus swag that I'd like.

EDIT: Just saw they're selling World in Conflict for $15, if you have a good computer and don't own this game BUY IT NOW. It's excellent.

I bought this for $40 the day the EE came out, never finished it, but it was worth it. Played for the most part on a Dell XPS 1530 laptop - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo/3GB RAM/256MB M8600GT and it looked good and ran pretty smooth. My firebreathing desktop is even better, but the lappy was OK. I could've turned down settings to improve frame rate.

BTW, they released a patch to put the boobies in for those who got copies like I did. The thing that totally rocks about CD Projekt is that those who'd bought the original version of the game were given a free download of all the patches and changes plus PDFs and MP3s of all the stuff in the boxed version. It'd be like if Bethesda said, "Everyone who bought Fallout 3 gets to download all the DLC packs for free." I've scolded pirate kidz on boards bragging about stealing this one.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Been looking for a box copy of the EE, it comes with some bonus swag that I'd like.

EDIT: Just saw they're selling World in Conflict for $15, if you have a good computer and don't own this game BUY IT NOW. It's excellent.[/QUOTE]I picked it up for $5 during the D2D is 5 sale (Gold version with Soviet Assault) and it's pretty good. Haven't gotten too far into it (been busy and I suck at RTSes), but I like it. Worth $15 for sure.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']If your computer can't handle it, you need to seriously evaluate what you call a "rig".[/QUOTE]

I should clarify, it can play it on bare minimum, but I want more than just the bare bones experience, and yes my "rig" was cutting edge about 7 years ago.

[quote name='thedragon']I should clarify, it can play it on bare minimum, but I want more than just the bare bones experience, and yes my "rig" was cutting edge about 7 years ago.[/QUOTE]

lol 7 years.

Game looks good, haven't really heard about it before but I might pick it up.

I just finished playing through the Witcher recently and I thought it was awesome. Took me around 70 hours to complete it.

Any loyal customer want to offer me an extra low price? (Of course, $4 preferred.)

It'd be mostly a charitable act, but perhaps I'll throw in an extra dollar or two for one's effort.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Any loyal customer want to offer me an extra low price? (Of course, $4 preferred.)

It'd be mostly a charitable act, but perhaps I'll throw in an extra dollar or two for one's effort.[/QUOTE]
In a word: Ditto.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Any loyal customer want to offer me an extra low price? (Of course, $4 preferred.)

It'd be mostly a charitable act, but perhaps I'll throw in an extra dollar or two for one's effort.[/QUOTE]

Me three.

Same. Btw, is this a disc or like download?

[quote name='chickenbutt']Same. Btw, is this a disc or like download?[/QUOTE]

Digital download. GG is a pretty decent service though. Bought Condemned and a few other cheap games from them and have no complaints.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Digital download. GG is a pretty decent service though. Bought Condemned and a few other cheap games from them and have no complaints.[/QUOTE]

Aw crap. Nevermind then. My internet is too slow to download big games.

I already own Witcher - great game.

But, I'm curious in general about Gamersgate...
What do they use for DRM?

When you download a game...what do you get for files?
Do you get ZIP files (like D2D)?
BIN files and a EXE file (like GOG)?
Can you back up these installer files to DVD?

I'll throw my name in here as well :)

Ditto on looking for that discount, for $10 I could probably find a boxed copy of the standard ed and the enhanced edition stuff is free.

Is there a difference between the The Witcher: Enhanced Directors Cut Edition digital download version and the The Witcher: Enhanced Edition disk version?

I think the Director's Cut just removed the censorship from the EE in North America. AFAIK the EE and Director's Cut patches were both free updates that you can still download.

[quote name='Xealot42']I think the Director's Cut just removed the censorship from the EE in North America. AFAIK the EE and Director's Cut patches were both free updates that you can still download.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's correct. Even regular edition and patch all the way up. It all depends if you want to spend the time to download the patches and install them.

I'm willing to pay $10, but being a CAG, I can't help but want to pay $4. So instead I'll pay $6 to someone who wants to accept Paypal and gift it to me.

bread's done
Back